• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0211: Keyboard error

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hey, I'm getting this problem on my laptop nearly every time I start it up. It's been happening for a few months now. I'm forced to put my computer on stand-by all the time so the error won't arise, but I still have to shut it down for updates and such. Up until today, I would just ignore the problem by constantly restarting my computer until it does boot up, but now I've been restarting it for 2 hours and it still won't go away. The reason why I'm typing here now is because I'm using my family's (extremely slow) computer.

So, what is this problem and how do I fix it?

:069:

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
Well if it's a laptop, then your well pretty much screwed.... Idk if your laptop is still in warranty or not but you should find that out because you may need a new laptop altogether...

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Just like the topic title says: "0211: Keyboard Error." That's basically it (besides the "Press F1 to Setup" thing that doesn't work because it's a KEYBOARD error =_=).

And I've had my laptop for 3.5 years, so I don't think that I have a warranty on it anymore.

I'm thinking that this is a hardware problem. Is there anything that I need to fix or replace?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
My computer still would not be able to start up, though.

By the way, after several hours of turning it on and off I finally managed to get through. Problem is, the moment I turn my computer back off (doesn't happen when I put it on stand-by, thankfully), this error will arise again. I need to find a solution to this...

Lucir

Smash Rookie
That error could be caused by a handful of problems including loose connections in either the touch-pad or the keyboard.

A couple of things to consider when asking for help. Did it sustain any physical shock, including being banged against something or dropped from over 18 inches? Is there any damage to the power cord that might create potentially dangerous amounts of electricity being put into the laptop?

Without knowing any specifics for your laptop in particular, the issue with a loose keyboard cable is the most common. If you're confident enough in your ability to open up the laptop without breaking it, I suggest that you disconnect and reconnect the keyboard to ensure that it's still connected properly.

If all else fails, you can send it back to the company that made it (Dell, Lenovo, etc., I don't know what kind of laptop you have.) and they'll fix it or send you a new laptop (for free if you have a long-lasting warrenty).

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Sorry, I'm no computer whiz here, but what do you mean "disconnect and reconnect the keyboard"? The keyboard is attached to the computer...

Anyways, my laptop has suffered no shock whatsoever. A few close encounters, but I've never dropped it on the floor. Also, my power cord is perfectly fine, too. No short-circuits or anything like that.

By the way, it's an IBM Thinkpad Tablet PC.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
This problem is still coming up, you guys...

It got me a 0 on a homework assignment. Please help. :(

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Have you tried a USB keyboard. They stop any no keyboard errors for me.

Also, open it up and make sure the keyboard is connected inside the laptop

Top Bottom