• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

02/23/07 - Lan Party at USF in Tampa, FL.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
USF Presents: RHA LAN-O-THON v3.5

Date: 02/23/07

Time: 6:00pm-3:00am

Location: The University of South Florida, in Tampa. The lan party is happening in buiding "Cypress E". Here's a map of the University, Cypress E is the building labeled "RCE" on the map and is located at E-1/E-2 on the map's grid. You can right-click the map to zoom in if needed, or use the .pdf print version as an alternative. For mapquest directions to USF itself, the address is 4202 E. Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33620.

Console Game Tourneys:
  • Smash
  • Halo 2
  • DDR
  • Guitar Hero

Computer Game Tourneys:
  • Counter-Strike
  • Half-Life 2
  • Day of Defeate
  • 25 Seat BYOC

Sponsors:
  • AMD
  • ATI
  • nVidia
  • Alienware
  • Red Bull
  • Bawls

Now, being a campus run activity, there's not going to be any cash prizes up for grabs. However they do have prizes from the various sponsors listed above and possibly more. There will also be plenty of free food. Last time, there were several boxes of pizza and multiple deliveries made. Plus there were chips, cookies, candy, and drinks.

Obviously, I'm advertising this pretty much just for the locals but anyone who has nothing better to do and wants to swing by for some good fun/practice is welcome to. You don't have to be a student at USF, since I'm not either and had no trouble getting in last time.

Attendence
  • Mankosuki
  • noucles
  • L_W48
  • Aaron
  • Rohins
  • HyperTheHedgehog
  • HarrietTheGuy
  • CKRikou
  • SupaMak
  • a couple guys that SupaMak invited
  • various USF locals

somedude123

Smash Ace
well, its on the weekend when spring break starts, so i dont know if ill still be here by then. i know xif wants to go to the gigabits the following weekend, so maybe ill see you and the rest of the cake eaters there =D.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I live near Tampa and would LOVE to make it to the party. Unfortunately I have to work. I need an audience to test my G&W; hmm...

vZakat

Half Genie
So how exactly is this thing played out. are all the games played at once or do they take turns playing them. And my friend wants to know more about how the halo tourney is going to take place.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
well I'm not sure about specific tourney rules since I'm not part of the people running it, but I believe Halo had both deathmatch & 2v2 tourneys. lol, people were complaining last time cause Hulk "was an MLG player". :p

For the most part though, everything is played at once and it's just a bunch of friendlies going on throughout the night with various tourneys at different times. Last time, smash had 3 tourneys at different intervals of the night. Like 7:00pm, 10:00pm, and 2:00am just as an example. I have no idea when they are actually scheduled for tonight, or how many each game will get.

You can also bring in stuff if you'd like. Last time someone had also brought in Smash64 so that was some fun times. I know Rohins plans to bring in a setup for melee today as well.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Fun times. Glad USF got to meet with the rest of Tampa now. Hopefully there will be other opportunities as well.

Which reminds me, LimeBackwards and a few other Clearwater area guys are wanting to get together some time during thier spring break. He was shooting for either Monday March 5 or Wednesday the 7th, but we could do whatever works out for everyone. We just need to decide on a place to host the smashfest and when to do it. Any volunteers?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Uhh... this smash fest mat not be happening, For one, it seems that nobody wants to host; and it looks like niether big_freddy nor M/H/B will be able to come. So... if there aren't any offers by Saturday before I go to work (about 4:00) I am not going to bother coming. Sorry.

Top Bottom