• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0 to death lock problems

KCB: Cloth

Killer Combro
So I've managed to get the first footstool consistently in both the lab and FG, but I'm doing something wrong I can't figure out.

When I footstool them they can immediatly get up and I do not seem to have enough time to get out the fair.

I was thinking that maybe I'm canceling the footstool bij PM'ing to fast, but that doesn't seem logical to me.

Can anyone help me out?

Greetz

Last edited:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
you dont fair, you come down on them with a dair. last hit only though, because thats the hit that locks.

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
Alternatively you can use Magnet to cancel your footstool momentum and come down with SOURspot Fair, if that's easier for you.

pipp

Dogfish
NNID
Kirby747
3DS FC
1289-8230-4554
Actually it can be done with either a sourspot f-air or the last hit of d-air. For f-air, you need the cancel upwards momentum with magnet and then hit them with the sour spot of f-air, but with d-air you need to get to a height where as you fall you can hit them with only the last hit of d-air. Each has very strict timing as they can get up after about 25 frames and if you don't read the DI well, it won't work as you will likely miss space the f-air or not hit the d-air in time.

Last edited:

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
imo, the magnet > fair is a LOT easier than timing the fast fall for the dair and following their DI out of the footstool with it. MySmashCorner actually just released a video showcasing both versions of the lock, so you can check it out on their youtube channel if you need more help.

Top Bottom