• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0-Death Combo with Oli.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Wow amazing how people dont seem to read the notes. YEs its escapable, just like ANY combo on brawl thus far. Ive had maybe 3 times that I have done this that it for some reason hasnt been escapable, and it has something to do with the yellow pikmin. Im still trying to figure it out, its a sweetspot thing. If you can pull the combo off or not depends on your opponent, which is why we have all been posting that its about a 50-50 chance that you do actually pull it off - and once again SOMETIMES it CANT BE ESCAPED, very rare that it happens, but true. And if it is avoided by air dodge or DI, you have every opportunity to follow up and complete another combo or more damage.

Practice it more Hellsing... this isnt something I made up over night, and Im sure if you put a bit more effort into it you will find that 50%

UltimateLink

Smash Apprentice
we dont know any combos of anyone that cannot be escaped. maybe a few, buts thats about it. Also, people can get out of any combo, its just the matter of predicting their DI, thus making a successful combo.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Nice Combo (I really think this is more like the skeleton of a whole set of different combos, but all of them revolve around Dthrow and Fair)

This makes me want to main Olimar even more!

pesticide

Smash Lord
i'll check the vid when i get home. everyone seems to think it's really good though. good job making / finding / using it :p

edit: saw the vid. really nice combo there. looks really good. OLIMAR FOR TOP TIER :p

legendganon

Smash Cadet
Thats a good name also. Still i was hoping for Ninja but still getting your butt handed to you by a textbook has great mindgame potiental.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, a question just came to mind mind after a while. How long can this combo go? can you go from one side of FD to the other? or would the damage be to high to the point where they would be able to escape easily by the time you got to the other side? also, at what % would the combo be to easy to escape out of?

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
How long can this combo go?
=) Boards are good ways to bring people together with common interests. Not reading entire threads, or even the entire first post though is the trouble with long range non continuous discussion. This combo as mentioned fairly often above is escapable, probably no matter what but definitely without a very specific pikmin order. Textbook also mentions this is possibly useful but only at low percentages. Enthusiasm is awesome, curiosity too, but please bother to do at least the minimum homework you could be expected to do before asking a question. Thanks =)

-True

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
What I meant by "how long..." is distance. Which the no one has discussed in this thread yet. I'm curious because I'm trying to understand the full potential of this basic combo. Like, if the opposing player is unaware how to get out of it, but likes to keep you with your back to the ledge. Could you be able to txtbk combo him across the entire stage w/o racking up so much damage that he can DI out of it w/o trying to hard. The second part of my question was the threshold of being able to escape w/o effort.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Ah sorry, perhaps I wasn't specific enough in my post, but I guess the distance it could go is in theory limited. Recent posts have suggested it is most likely escapable after just one grab->FAir for people trying to get out of it, and that it must be preformed at low percent, probably less than 20% or so, to even get the FAir guaranteed. Judging from the video I would say you could get off 4, maybe 5 if your lucky, iterations of the grab/fair before the opponent is knocked too far high/back for this to even barely string together, but I don't own a copy of the game so I can't offer a % it becomes escapable for an opponent who has dropped their controller.

-True

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Sorry - like a posted in a few other threads Im out of internet connectivity during the days for a while so Ill be late on responding to things.

Mid stage to off is the most I would push for, the higher the percentage the easier it gets to get out of. and once your opponent realizes whats going on and escapes appropriatly, you cant do much except follow up at your own will.

So to answer your question the best I can is - NO... dont go for a full length, the combo itself is hard enough when your opponent is at 7%, stick to 0% and keep it to a max of 2 grabs and 2 fairs. If your opponent doesnt realize it by then... well... time for a new opponent

Top Bottom