• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0-Death Combo on Pikachu

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing a lot of Villager recently and have been experimenting a lot. I was going to come here and ask if anyone knew that riding the loyd rocket into axe chop was a combo, then I ended up finding this.

Won't have many competitive uses but still just fun to see the possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ol3LxEylzM

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
That was certainly fun to watch. Doubt a real player would fall for it though. Definitely great for crushing their spirits :smash:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
That's got to be the most gloriously impractical combo ever.

This is really satisfying to watch. Thanks for sharing!

Unrelated but I sort of remember your username from when Brawl was a thing, ha ha

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Not a bad setup. It does fall into the issue of being hard to setup, but who knows maybe someday it will be pulled off.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I feel that setting up the tree in a platform and riding lloid into an opponent, then chopping tree can be not as situational as it seems. The set up previous to that is hilarious tho.

I guess cuz of the platform fall that they cant tech?

Lovin it tho.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
The nice part of this, is that as long as you have that tree up, and you can get that nair, the rest is easy.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Unrelated but I sort of remember your username from when Brawl was a thing, ha ha
Yeah, I have been around a while haha. I hope it's a good thing that you remember me *.*
The nice part of this, is that as long as you have that tree up, and you can get that nair, the rest is easy.
I am still not sure how viable it could be.. my first impression is that it will never work, but if they didn't see it coming... who knows haha.

The two halves of the combo will work great by themselves. Getting a hard read riding a loyd rocket into someone into the axe is a 30% combo. Do that on Smashville and if you have a tree on the moving platform (which I love to do to control space and strike fear in their hearts) the loyd rocket, axe, tree combo could very well work out for you as a finishing move. Most characters would die from it around 30% or so.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yeah, I have been around a while haha. I hope it's a good thing that you remember me *.*

I am still not sure how viable it could be.. my first impression is that it will never work, but if they didn't see it coming... who knows haha.

The two halves of the combo will work great by themselves. Getting a hard read riding a loyd rocket into someone into the axe is a 30% combo. Do that on Smashville and if you have a tree on the moving platform (which I love to do to control space and strike fear in their hearts) the loyd rocket, axe, tree combo could very well work out for you as a finishing move. Most characters would die from it around 30% or so.
If you plant a tree and chop it once, you just have to bait them into the platform, then catch them offguard by nairing them off, fall with them and nair them again, then ride the lloid, and chop.

It can definitely be done.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It looked like they could either tech after the first NAir or just jump before they hit the ground. Everything else seems legit without accounting for DI and is quite amusing. Forced getup punishes are a great thing.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
It looked like they could either tech after the first NAir or just jump before they hit the ground. Everything else seems legit without accounting for DI and is quite amusing. Forced getup punishes are a great thing.
You can't tech after falling from a platform. Couldn't they tech after the second Nair though?

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
Platforms make for some interesting possibilities with Villager. I wish BF was available in FG...

Top Bottom