• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

『SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI』Protagonists Support Thread. (Awaiting Reincarnation...)

Hmm, give me a LIFE STONE and I might consider joining you...

• Give LIFE STONE x1

• Refuse

• Trick

• Say you don't have

Results are only viewable after voting.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm surprised there isn't a full trailer, so they'll maybe do one for the steam port at the concert tomorrow.

This does make an SMT V trailer tomorrow feel more likely though.
Yeah, SMTV tomorrow feels like a fairly safe bet. If I had to predict something else, I know Takada (TMS, Devil Survivor, and Radiant Historia) was teasing something earlier, so maybe they could announce a new Devil Survivor? But I almost think ATLUS would avoid that just do the optics of having a spin-off out before SMTV at this point lol....

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I can't access the website on my phone for some reason, but it shows that pyro jack has been renamed to Jack o'lantern.

I wonder how many other small changes will be made to text and demon names.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't access the website on my phone for some reason, but it shows that pyro jack has been renamed to Jack o'lantern.

I wonder how many other small changes will be made to text and demon names.
I'm glad they're at least being consistent with it. Hopefully they fix any minor typos that were in the original release.

amageish

Smash Master
Wonder what's up with Atlus releasing P4G for a reasonable price but this gets the Atlus inflation treatment.
I'm guessing it's because P4G is being considered just a port while this is being considered a remaster? You can quibble with how much remastering happened in both, but they did up-res some stuff and do some re-translating for Nocturne while P4G didn't fix some basic things that look weird when not on the PS Vita (ex/ the font size, some model animations make people look like owls with full head rotations, etc.).

For reference, it's $66.99 in Canada and a full price game here is traditionally $79.99 (though some PS5/Xbox games are now going for $89.99).

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Wonder what's up with Atlus releasing P4G for a reasonable price but this gets the Atlus inflation treatment.
Because they were still selling Persona 4 Golden for $20 on the Vita. Nocturne Remaster is probably not gonna see the same splash that Persona made due to the price and it's gonna be entirely their fault. :\

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Because they were still selling Persona 4 Golden for $20 on the Vita. Nocturne Remaster is probably not gonna see the same splash that Persona made due to the price and it's gonna be entirely their fault. :\
Then they'll blame us for not buying it, then the series will go on hiatus, then we'll all beg for it to come back, then they'll release another overpriced game, and then THAT won't sell as well as Persona, and then the cycle begins anew.

At least, I think that's how it goes...

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Then they'll blame us for not buying it, then the series will go on hiatus, then we'll all beg for it to come back, then they'll release another overpriced game, and then THAT won't sell as well as Persona, and then the cycle begins anew.

Nah, the remaster has more than enough already made its money back in Japanese sales. The western release will probably do fine on consoles, especially the Switch, but I doubt it'll do well on Steam. Not well enough to make it a big news sensation at least.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

Before we catastrophize too much, let's remember that Shin Megami Tensei V will exist and, while it'll certainly be a full-priced game and will probably also have a digital deluxe version featuring some random unnecessary cosmetic, musical, or demonic DLC, I imagine that the success of that will have far more of an impact on the direction the franchise will take then a HD remaster of a PS2 game ft. a new easy mode....

So, I wouldn't start panicking yet... We should be fine.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Apparently it's fine after the last few patches? And they added the ability to pick which skills you get during demon fusion instead of having to back out and in until you got what you wanted. Japan basically beta tested the game for us.

DDS should fair far better if remastered, since the music was much better quality there than in Nocturne. Truthfully they should package both of them together in one and that'd make the $50 seem reasonable.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Apparently it's fine after the last few patches? And they added the ability to pick which skills you get during demon fusion instead of having to back out and in until you got what you wanted. Japan basically beta tested the game for us.
From what I've heard, the switch version's still not great, but the PS4 version's fine now.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Enjoying the concert a lot, but I really hope they leave us with a song from SMTV, maybe news on the composer.

I also wonder, if this is all the stuff they have to promote a rerelease of Nocturne... surely they’ll have even more to promote the newest numbered instalment of the series. aka SMASH SLOT LETS HEE HOING GOOOOOO

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying the concert a lot, but I really hope they leave us with a song from SMTV, maybe news on the composer.
Is it worth watching? You can still buy tickets after it stops streaming to watch later, so I'm going to see what other people say about it.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
It’s two hours of SMT music performed live. It’s cool but like, you can watch the chaos anniversary concert from a few years back on YouTube for free and this one will probably find its way online too.
Ok, thanks. I'll probably watch it if there's any SMT V music, and wait otherwise.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this rate, there won't be a darn word on SMTV until E3.

On the other hand, Future Games Show is airing on Thursday, so maybe they could show up as one of the partnered companies there.

aka SMASH SLOT LETS HEE HOING GOOOOOO
I wouldn't hold my breath on that unless the current datamine does indeed lead to a third (and final, for reals this time) pass.

amageish

Smash Master
Welp, no news at the concert is... a bit odd. Maybe they'll do a gameplay showcase in a Nintendo Direct?

I just don't know where else to expect them to show stuff, unless SEGA is planning on starting its own Direct-esque thing...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Welp, no news at the concert is... a bit odd. Maybe they'll do a gameplay showcase in a Nintendo Direct?

I just don't know where else to expect them to show stuff, unless SEGA is planning on starting its own Direct-esque thing...
For what it's worth, Square Enix of people did a Direct-esque thing recently, albeit mostly talking about their Western games and Balan Wonderworld (less than a week now, HYPE). Maybe that's a sign of things to come?

amageish

Smash Master
For what it's worth, Square Enix of people did a Direct-esque thing recently, albeit mostly talking about their Western games and Balan Wonderworld (less than a week now, HYPE). Maybe that's a sign of things to come?
Yeah, that's what got me thinking about it... I just don't know if they'd skip a concert announcement unless either (i) the game isn't ready for one still or (ii) they have plans to do announcements elsewhere, be it a Nintendo Direct or SEGA finally catching up on all the announcements delayed by the pandemic...

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I'd imagine in the same way that Nintendo lets third parties take over and have their own direct like for Monster Hunter, they'd do the same for SMT. Since, after all, they have a financial stake in both.
That would be nice, although it wouldn't advertise the game massively well, since the majority of viewers would already be SMT fans, and most Nintendo fans might just not bother watching it. If it does what MH did and appears in a main direct then has its own direct, that might pull in more viewers.

amageish

Smash Master
I'd imagine in the same way that Nintendo lets third parties take over and have their own direct like for Monster Hunter, they'd do the same for SMT. Since, after all, they have a financial stake in both.
I could see this, though I'd hope it'd be stapled to another Nintendo presentation like the Monster Hunter one was. As Idon TheLamerGamer said, a SMT stream would just be SMT fans...

I was mostly thinking of a SEGA Presentation as we just know they've skipped a lot of announcements and its not entirely clear where things like Sonic will be shown off...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I could see this, though I'd hope it'd be stapled to another Nintendo presentation like the Monster Hunter one was. As Idon said, a SMT stream would just be SMT fans...

I was mostly thinking of a SEGA Presentation as we just know they've skipped a lot of announcements and its not entirely clear where things like Sonic will be shown off...
Well I didn't say it, it was TheLamerGamer TheLamerGamer

but yeah personally, I see an SMTV announcement in a Direct followed by an announcement of an SMT specific direct, at least hopefully.

Top Bottom