• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~• Official Animal Crossing human (A.K.A. Animal Crosser) Support Thread •~

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
It's pretty easy to make a moveset

b-Slingshot
side b- ax
up b-fighing rod
down b net

there's a basic moveset.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Add me to that growing list of haters and nonbelievers.

Just to prove to you how much a character doesn't deserve the spot.

I've been over this many times before, but just because any random developer decides to make a Nintendo game with bland, uninteresting characters -- that doesn't give them the right to waste valuable space with them in a game of this caliber.

The stage and items are unique enough to warrant representation. The same can't be said about its garbage-inspired characters. (I'm talking about "Animal Crossers")

B: Bug-Catching Net
Smash B: Watering Can
Up B: Slingshot
Down B: Shovel
Grab: Fishing Pole

And I didn't know a Nintendo-owned developer who developed one of Nintendo's biggest franchises this generation was "any random developer".

You basically suggest that Sakurai definitely would not let the Animal Crosser in, because he's a "bland, garbage-character". Or, to be more blunt, you're suggesting that his opinion is necessarily mirroring your own.

The main character is regularly seen saying things - every time you get a bug, fish, fossil, or pay off your loan, he speaks. Have you actually played Animal Crossing?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I doubt Up-B would be Slingshot..because then your saying he's unworthy of a recovery move.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
B: Bug-Catching Net
Smash B: Watering Can
Up B: Slingshot
Down B: Shovel
Grab: Fishing Pole

And I didn't know a Nintendo-owned developer who developed one of Nintendo's biggest franchises this generation was "any random developer".

You basically suggest that Sakurai definitely would not let the Animal Crosser in, because he's a "bland, garbage-character". Or, to be more blunt, you're suggesting that his opinion is necessarily mirroring your own.

The main character is regularly seen saying things - every time you get a bug, fish, fossil, or pay off your loan, he speaks. Have you actually played Animal Crossing?
Yeah, I have. I'm ashamed to own the game. What's your point?

Well, you don't exactly sound like you've bothered to play enough of it to say... well, anything, at all, about it.

The series is big enough to deserve a place in the roster, and the only people who disagree are biased against it.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I was rushed by my sister to get off the computer while I was copying and pasting user names. I think I'm going to get rid of the haters, nonbelievers, and believers. It's too much to keep up with. @_@

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Well, you don't exactly sound like you've bothered to play enough of it to say... well, anything, at all, about it.

The series is big enough to deserve a place in the roster, and the only people who disagree are biased against it.
Bothered to play enough of it? I've played the game for over a year straight.

Do I think the main characters deserve a spot in the roster? Sure, but its pretty much dead last on the order of importance. An "Animal Crosser" ranks well above a 40 character estimate.

Sorry, I was rushed by my sister to get off the computer while I was copying and pasting user names. I think I'm going to get rid of the haters, nonbelievers, and believers. It's too much to keep up with. @_@
Yeah it's much easier to keep track of a "supporters" list that rarely needs to be updated...if at all.

It's already got everything a standard series in SSB has, except for a character. I doubt Sakurai would give AC all that, but hold out on a character, especially when the question of "how would s/he work?" is not a valid one.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
It's already got everything a standard series in SSB has, except for a character. I doubt Sakurai would give AC all that, but hold out on a character, especially when the question of "how would s/he work?" is not a valid one.
I never questioned how it would work, the character does work...in a pathetic sort of sense.

Animal Crossing has gotten enough representation in Brawl already. Too much, in fact, that people like you jump onto the assume train and believe that the only remaining thing left for Sakurai to do is throw in an AC character.

Why not settle for an AT? What is pushing you to believe that AC deserves a playable character?

Ashamed to own an Animal Crossing game? You disgust me.
Oh hey there what's up? GTFO

Second biggest online Nintendo game in the entire world

ACWW has officially outsold Dragon Quest VII, the best-selling Dragon Quest game ever made, in Japan

Is known worldwide (2 million in Europe, 1.5 million in the US)

Has the benefit of being relevant, originating two generations back, originating last gen for PAL and North American regions, and having presence in SSBM

Ice Climbers, Pit, Ike, Lucas, etc. haven't done nearly that much.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Second biggest online Nintendo game in the entire world

ACWW has officially outsold Dragon Quest VII, the best-selling Dragon Quest game ever made, in Japan

Is known worldwide (2 million in Europe, 1.5 million in the US)

Has the benefit of being relevant, originating two generations back, originating last gen for PAL and North American regions, and having presence in SSBM

Ice Climbers, Pit, Ike, Lucas, etc. haven't done nearly that much.
quoted for truth.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
I support it for the sole fact that it will make an interesting and quirky character!

(And because everyone will bow at our supreme knowledge when said Crosser is announced.)
It doesn't take "supreme knowledge" to infer that an AC character is likely given the stage and item. Big gamble there, you high roller you.

Sad thing is, if an AC was so likely, it would've been announced months ago along with the rest of the mediocre shoe-ins. In the upcoming months right before the game is released, I'd expect Sakurai to begin dishing out only the best cards in his hand -- namely the characters who would generate the most hype for the game i.e. Ridley, Krystal, Megaman, Geno, etc. Not some "mixed-reviews" sub par character who's inclusion would be about as exciting as the updates we've been getting recently.

If an AC character happens to be in the final product, he will probably just be one of those characters who's revealed by fans on launch day -- only to be vastly overshadowed by every other member of Brawl's roster.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
I'm working on a moveset now. (I might have to do it tomorrow. My mom's making me go to bead soon.:ohwell:)

elee88

Smash Cadet
i can see how this guy would work, but he would be a waste of a character. There are so many better potentially capable characters than this dude.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
i can see how this guy would work, but he would be a waste of a character. There are so many better potentially capable characters than this dude.
Pretty much sums up how I feel.

This is about Nintendo All Stars, not fighters. And the AC series is an All Star franchise that needs to be represented equally.

elee88

Smash Cadet
I've never really heard of Animal Crossing until way after it came out, but to me it seemed like another version of Harvest Moon. Both those games are NOT all star games. Link, Mario, Kirby, Pikachu, Sonic all have epic games. I don't know many people who play animal crossing.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
oh yeah a game that sells over 20 million copies must not be all star worthy [/sarcasm]

elee88

Smash Cadet
I forgot this is a support thread, not a bashing tread. sorry. I was expressing my feelings in the wrong place.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
do you guys think that the X music update punches a hole in animal crosser getting in? because due to it, we now know that there is a big chance we only get a stage. and the animal crossing stage is a great representation of animal crossing.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
do you guys think that the X music update punches a hole in animal crosser getting in? because due to it, we now know that there is a big chance we only get a stage. and the animal crossing stage is a great representation of animal crossing.
I don't think so, AC is a very popular series and deserves character representation.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It was pretty terrible. Just because he has subtle ways to let us down does not mean that this is magically a subtle way to let us down.

Do you also feel that Captain Falcon is not playable?

And must I remind all the haters that the series has sold more than 11 million worldwide from three games (N64 game sold 300k, GCN game sold 3 million, DS game sold 7.5 million)?
Not really. We don't know if it's his subtle way or not, but there's still the possibility. Captain Falcon has more of a chance than any AC character so that question is pretty much common sense.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
I added more to the moveset. I'll include descriptions of the Special Moves and Final Smash soon.

Top Bottom