• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
You have a super cute avatar.
Me?

But yeah, the thing that bothers me is that some conversations regarding LTs has the phrase: "(Insert LT char here) Just sucks and that's a reason enough" and the person saying it usually doesn't main that character. Now, Zelda is not good, but when someone says the phrase above it feels like they're telling you give up.
...maybe it's just me though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nope, this is just a nayru PSA.
Some of those moves are similar though. Seriously, if Zelda had that moveset... *mouth watering*

And to the low tier thingy, I definitely agree. When someone says something like that it really gets on my nerves. I will always forge on with lucas no matter what people say though. Perhaps it's working, hopefully he'll achieve mid-tier status next tier list.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Just a custom PSA.

I'm currently trying to give Zelda a sword for my next PSA, so I'll need some unique move ideas. I've already decided that I want her to have a counter. <3
I want this one to be somewhat balanced. o=

Rizen

Smash Legend
Just a custom PSA.

I'm currently trying to give Zelda a sword for my next PSA, so I'll need some unique move ideas. I've already decided that I want her to have a counter. <3
Make the counter be during the first part of Nayru's:awesome:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Just a custom PSA.

That sounds like a cool idea, I recommend that well, of course the sword should look like the one from TP. That the moves should be long range, but weak, and a little stronger at the tip. Most of the moves should be straight line, one handed slices, they should also be somewhat slow, but not too slow. *(because Zelda doesn't need to get any slower :awesome:)*

Also, I had a great idea for a change for Farore's Wind:

Basically it's like pit's up B. but Zelda flashes green, with some pretty FW style animation, and she can control her flight and will Freefall after around four seconds, and during this time she's flying there will be wind blowing away if you get to close. (wind boxes... I think) and if she uses a move, she will go into the alt "special fall" like sonics up B where you can use air moves.*

Sorry for this being so long, these were just my ideas for Zelda with a sword, and my idea I thought was a great replacement for FW. :)

Note: the idea for FW is because Zelda would need a recovery, and there's not very many good sword recovery options. And if you wanted to not have any triforce magic, you could just allow her to fly and make it *SPOILER* TP Zelda battle-esque.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ BJN39, I just noticed Kirby (I think) is in that avatar and 2 faces are looking through the door. It's difficult to tell what it is besides the 3 women. Will you post a larger pic?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ BJN39, I just noticed Kirby (I think) is in that avatar and 2 faces are looking through the door. It's difficult to tell what it is besides the 3 women. Will you post a larger pic?
I don't really know how, i'll try though. :)

I looks like Wario and someone else.
Maybe Link?
They're mario making an angry/concerned looking face, and link making a startled face.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I don't really know how, i'll try though. :)

Edit: Google image search: F*** Yeah SSBB peach, zelda and ZSS. that's the quickest way i could think of.

I looks like Wario and someone else.
Maybe Link?
They're mario making an angry/concerned looking face, and link making a startled face lol.

Edit: whaaa!!! how'd it become a second post!

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Make the counter be during the first part of Nayru's:awesome:
I already made her a new down-B counter:

Also, I had a great idea for a change for Farore's Wind:

Basically it's like pit's up B. but Zelda flashes green, with some pretty FW style animation, and she can control her flight and will Freefall after around four seconds, and during this time she's flying there will be wind blowing away if you get to close. (wind boxes... I think) and if she uses a move, she will go into the alt "special fall" like sonics up B where you can use air moves.*
I like that idea. I'll see what I can do. o=

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I already made her a new down-B counter:

I like that idea. I'll see what I can do. o=
Really? I've always wanted to see what it'd look like. <3
If you can, could you put up a video/replay of it being used if you do make it?

Also, that counter animation looks awesome. "Triforce Counter"

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Really? I've always wanted to see what it'd look like. <3
If you can, could you put up a video/replay of it being used if you do make it?

Also, that counter animation looks awesome. "Triforce Counter"
Sure. I've had to put off working on it for now due to my external-hard drive breaking, but I'll be sure to post a preview here of what it looks like once it's done.

And thank you. ;o

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Sure. I've had to put off working on it for now due to my external-hard drive breaking, but I'll be sure to post a preview here of what it looks like once it's done.

And thank you. ;o
No, thank you. \ (O w O) /

That's a shame your external hard-drive breaking though. I hope things can be worked out to get a new one for a good price or something. > _ >

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
though its 2012 and almost no one uses low tier, who is the best zelda in the usa?

Rizen

Smash Legend
getting an urge to play FFXII again...
FFXII's a great game,
besides taking 2 hours to raise your average party 1 level- with embroidered tippets equipped:urg:
Be sure to know what coffers NOT to open and get the Zodiac Spear! That thing does 4000ish damage when my other characters are doing 400-600ish but you must know how to get it when starting the game.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I was going to upload my MM with Nicole to spark discussion in the MU thread but Hylian didn't bring his wii with the replay on it twice in a row because he hates me.
Well... That's kinda lame...

Also, I think we should invite the other character boards when their char is getting discussed... If we don't already, because the Zelda boards opinion of certain MUs could differ slightly from some other boards. So we could get some input from the other side of the MU.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The thing is though, we all really do not agree on Matchups. It could make things difficult. I don't mind trying though!
That's great, thanks. I was thinking either we invite them or I have just gone to a couple other boards and asked them (the ones with experience) what they currently think of the MU, and then I could bring it up in the Zelda discussion. Because even if we don't see eye to eye exactly, we can't forget they're playing the other character in the MU! :bee: So they know things about it too. I don't know, I just wanna help, but I'm not really as good. :urg:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'm glad that you want to help.

What I was mentioning was not all Zeldas agree on MUs. Personally, I see MUs much more differently than others.

Also, don't downplay yourself man. You got this as much as the next person man. Confidence!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm glad that you want to help.

What I was mentioning was not all Zeldas agree on MUs. Personally, I see MUs much more differently than others.

Also, don't downplay yourself man. You got this as much as the next person man. Confidence!
Thanks. Sorry I responded late, my internet kapooped for the night. :(

Oh, I see what you were saying, and I see what you mean. There is quite a disaggreance among the Zelda boards and other boards concerning Zelda MUs. :(

On the subject of battling, I think the only way is sadly wi-fail... So I'll have to be gettin some FCs. I already do have someone else's, and I'm pretty sure we're battling tonight.

Top Bottom