• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I'm feeling like a true ******** right now, I just stupidly deleted my newest replays from my damn SD card and there was no backup yet ;_;

it had some super legit stuff T_T

I deserve the electric chair

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Anyone planning on getting Dishonored Oct 9th? or any other game?
Read up on Dishonored and thought I was excited, but then I saw that it's first person. :glare: Eff that.

The next game I plan on buying is Miracle Mask (next Prof Layton game), which iirc comes out in Oct. Haven't been keeping up with games that much lately though.... the downside of having a full time job. ;;

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Too bad the vita is horribly overpriced :(

And then there's that stupid memory stick deal.

Whole reason i avoided the vita right there. There's no reason for that >.>

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
So much Persona, I'm working on getting my hands on an Omnipotent Orb and Orpheus Telo. When I'm finally done, I'll either return to Catherine or P4A. Catherine though......so good!

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I like the way P4A looks, I heard a lot of nice things about it too.
My buff Akihiko needs me :(

UGH, video games.
Kingdom Hearts 3D, P4G, P4A, PS Vita, and Black and White 2, in order of priority.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And my chances to ever play any Persona 4 just keep fading...
The few people I know that own a PS3 here don't share, and the ones that have 360 don't have much money....
I don't even want to get started with VITA....
This makes me really sad...

As far as otehr Personas, I started Shin Megami Tensei on a SNES emulator, but battle system is way too weird....

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I think I'm officially dropping Zelda, it's just no use to even try any single MU she's just the worst character of this game... she can't do absolutely nothing right

I've lost the remaining faith I had on her :/

I mean I can't keep trusting on such a terrible character, at least not as long as this game keeps being as it is, and I don't think it will change even a little

I don't know any good reasons to keep playing with her honestly, it just frustrates me to try so ****in hard to do good in a match and what happens? the match was already lost since the moment she was chosen at the CSS

I just hope that anything I did with her was something worthy enough :c

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I think I'm officially dropping Zelda, it's just no use to even try any single MU she's just the worst character of this game... she can't do absolutely nothing right

I mean I can't keep trusting on such a terrible character, at least not as long as this game keeps being as it is, and I don't think it will change even a little

I don't know any good reasons to keep playing with her honestly, it just frustrates me to try so ****in hard to do good in a match and what happens? the match was already lost since the moment she was chosen at the CSS

NooooooOooOooooooooooooooOOoooooOooooooooOOOOOO!

A good Zelda player, lost. :(

...Someone get in here and post some crying people gifs. :c

Rizen

Smash Legend
^^There are still low tier tourneys :(
I can't blame you; Brawl is ultra unbalanced. Who will you main/second instead?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Damn Alan, though I can understand the sentiment. I always thought your Zelda was really good too.

At least keep her in shape, because if you make it to Apex, I promise you a good time for sure.

Take a break honestly and see if you come back in the same mindset. If its meant for you to change and do it and don't second guess it. We'll still appreciate all you did for Zelda just like we appreciate what ANYONE has really put into Zelda or even tried to put in for Zelda.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
NooooooOooOooooooooooooooOOoooooOooooooooOOOOOO!

A good Zelda player, lost. :(

...Someone get in here and post some crying people gifs. :c
I'm not good, or at least not good enough to actually handle this character, if I was good enough I don't think I'd be dropping her... I actually feel very bad/sad for having to do this but I don't think I have a choice

^^There are still low tier tourneys :(
I can't blame you; Brawl is ultra unbalanced. Who will you main/second instead?
Meta Knight, he was my first character to choose when I first played the game and we played basic brawl matches, I've been playing with him since then, and I actually started playing more with him just to help my friends to try to understand the MU(but anyone helped me tho but still I don't do thaaaaat bad(?)) and I just kept playing with him and I've been learning many things that can be done and stuff, jut like I did with Zelda

Damn Alan, though I can understand the sentiment. I always thought your Zelda was really good too.

At least keep her in shape, because if you make it to Apex, I promise you a good time for sure.

Take a break honestly and see if you come back in the same mindset. If its meant for you to change and do it and don't second guess it. We'll still appreciate all you did for Zelda just like we appreciate what ANYONE has really put into Zelda or even tried to put in for Zelda.
as I'm feeling very very bad and sad for this I'll give it a chance again and see if something good happens, it's just that I can't believe how everything I try to do just doesn't work.

------------

And yet I know people who complain A LOT about their characters, and I'm gonna list the characters: Snake, Olimar, Marth... well the Marth player is like the most comprehensive one besides a Jiggs main for obv reasons.
I mean, how can they complain about those characters? they should be grateful for having chosen a character that can actually do something good in a tournament environment.
And another thing I really don't like is that people sometimes don't think I'm someone worthy to play with or something like that, I'm not always taken into consideration for things, and after all I've done for them(I was the who thaught them about DI, momentm cancel and some other stuff)
and all because I chose to play with a character that just doesn't work very good.
I've always said things like "stop focusing on the problem and look for a solution", but no matter how hard I look for that solution I haven't found it.

I feel you.

Do what you gotta do. I respect players that are able to understand that their character is what's holding then back.

It takes a lot to swallow your pride and pick up someone new. Best of luck to you!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

Alan, can't tell you how many times I felt that way. About having to put so much work, while it feels like your opponent barely breaks a sweat. It will be incredibly biased of me to say this, but I really do feel like most of my opponents have to put very little effort into the match-up compared to the huge amount of work Zelda has to put in. One mistake with her can cost the entire match, and simply by using her already costs the entire match. If I SD/get gimped or do something that puts me in a terrible spot, it is almost impossible for me to bring it back, unless I'm very focused, get lucky, and my opponent messes up.

While I encourage you to try other characters to help your overall understanding of them, just remember that most people will not remember you for using Meta Knight, or -insert high tier here-. They will remember you for Zelda, and thus you will always be associated with as such. Someone who uses an underused character will stand out a lot more than the plethora of people using Meta Knight.

Ask yourself what you're struggling with. Because no matter what character you use, if you're always struggling with the same thing, then the problem there is not your character. Now of course, using a better character can help. Like I use Peach for fun, but my Peach is pretty basic and slow. I can be basic with her and get more or less the same amount of work accomplished than playing as my 'not so basic' Zelda. Which is funny, because usually Peach has to put in some work to get the kill, whereas Zelda has plenty of kill options (whether or not they're viable is a different matter).

Anyway, I feel like using another character for awhile is a good idea. If you want to use that character permanently, that's up to you in the long run. I do however, like Ed, feel that you should at least keep Zelda in shape and use her every now and then. And as Rizen pointed out, there are still Low Tiers and doubles. Use her some in friendlies so you don't get too rusty with her. Play different matchups with her, then use your secondary (or future main) against that same matchup and see if it makes any difference. You struggle with Snake when you're Zelda? Try another character vs Snake. Who knows, if you go back to Zelda you may even understand the MU more. Though my personal approach to dealing with a difficult matchup is to pick up that character you're struggling to fight against. I picked up Snake a few years ago, and you'd be amazed at how much can change when I fight him now. By me using him for a long time, I understood his strengths and weaknesses.

Zelda can be frustrating, I know. Don't let it get to you though. Remember you don't have to feel as guilty about losing with her, because everyone already knows she's bad. If you lost with a much better character, people would be more likely to hold that against you. Using Zelda is really a matter of personal preference, and whether or not you enjoy using her, and that feeling you get when you've outplayed someone with a bad character.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
While I encourage you to try other characters to help your overall understanding of them, just remember that most people will not remember you for using Meta Knight, or -insert high tier here-. They will remember you for Zelda, and thus you will always be associated with as such. Someone who uses an underused character will stand out a lot more than the plethora of people using Meta Knight.
Agree with Mocha. People switch to MK and lose their spark -- because being generic with MK actually works up to a certain skill level, and it's easier than being innovative with a lower tier character. Can't blame 'em, but it's sad.

It's one thing if you really love MK as a character (which you might, idk), but if you're more in love with the fact that he has options, you should consider other good characters too. Ones that won't tempt you to be lazy.

......On that note, Pika's pretty solid and underused. Why not try him? :bee: :bee: :bee:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
This is what happens when Nayru grants Zelda her powers, and what Zelda can only dream to be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2XH365JmGY
If I could get really good at brawl modding and make a universal brawl v1.1, (AKA "fix" a ton of issues in the game while keeping movesets same) I would do it for all the Zelda mains. Because you were the ones brave enough to choose or stick with her.

Rizen

Smash Legend
About having to put so much work, while it feels like your opponent barely breaks a sweat. It will be incredibly biased of me to say this, but I really do feel like most of my opponents have to put very little effort into the match-up compared to the huge amount of work Zelda has to put in.
^This is true. Low tiers have to work much harder. When I use G&W instead of Zelda or Wolf instead of Link, my borderline tiers have it soooooo much easier.

Top Bottom