• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

D

Deleted member 189823

Wasn't Fuujin unbanned a few days ago?

dack lacondetu deja de "lurkear" vo

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That's why i still have my current Username for here...

I played Balanced brawl for the first time.. for some reason it still doesn't seem balanced...

Rizen

Smash Legend
SWFs needs to give people guidance that posting gifs of we all know what (I don't want to temp infractions) is funny but also inappropriate. The site's just a revolving door.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
since you asked...
It's mainly just weight issues and move abuse. some characters still live longer than others and some moves are a bit spam happy ie caption falcon using falcon punch as an approach. with the only way to win is using a grab or a super armor move
to give a character's move Super Armor is to dope all the other moves that don't have super armor for every character imo

It might just be me not used to balanced brawl though...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Or probably you're just not as deep into Brawl as this mod requires... To be fair, it was planned specifically for high-level players, by some high-level players and other Brawl analysts (and some Brawl die-hards).
BBrawl does preserve most of Brawl's core game, which means that its campy, spammy, defensive and patient style is all there; everything but chaingrabs, locks, and other silly abuses.

Another of BBrawl's goals was to "avoid uniformity", and mantaining every character as unique as possible, with strenghts (some characters are really safe or have long range, others punish with hard hits, or have heavy weights, etc) and weaknesses (some characters can't kill easily, others die too early, lack range, etc), changing as little as possible from their individual original designs.

As for the scenario you just planted, there are actually three ways to beat a Falcon Punch Approach: the two you just described (both are pretty risky, though), and a third one which is actually much easier: see it coming (it has a very huge start-up, enough to react easily), stay just away from the hitbox, and punish its cooldown (there is a large window to do so), which is actually the most effective way to do it.

Any Balanced Falcon player will be careful with their punches and will force opponents not to commit too hard, or at least not to be predictable. It's a tough lesson, and it hurts (I once got Punched for playing around with Nayru-Upsmash gimmicks), but that's actually how many things in Brawl are: you are too aggressive, you may get punished, That punish may be hard.

TL;DR - BBrawl was not made for fun matches.

That's its strongest and its weakest attribute, because while it was carefully crafted to be good for competition, it has little appeal...

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
last time I played BBrawl was like 2 years or so ago lol

but I remember it was good, probably if I play it now I may have a different idea about it. Not implying that it could be bad D:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It doesn't have one because its metagame never really developed (very few people played it). Everything was theory.
Some people said that Marth was still too good on certain matchups, others that Ike's changes made him too good, or that MetaKnight wasn't nerfed enough.
On the other side, some people said Ganondorf never got enough tools, or that Sonic's unability to kill would hinder him.

I personally think every character is fine, everyone but DeDeDe, who simply doesn't get enough reward for anything he does... but that's just me.

And no, the Wii doesn't need to be hacked for use BBrawl.
In fact, BBrawl was the first mod on using Stack Smash as default loading method, and SS was published as a hack alternative AFTER being featured in BBrawl.
After Smash Stack, I don't think ANY Brawl Mod needs a hacked Wii.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
It's just a lot to remember when playing the original and then switching to BBrawl i can do fine against most of the people I fought. I did 1 vs. 1. against someone but just got punished a lot because i was having too much fun with sliding Nayru's :awesome: (got to 1 life each, then i died) I've played only the original and then went to Balanced with only knowledge of what i saw when other people that played before me.

btw any other changes to Zelda other than Din's doesn't put her in helplessness, and Sliding Nayru's?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It's just a lot to remember when playing the original and then switching to BBrawl i can do fine against most of the people I fought. I did 1 vs. 1. against someone but just got punished a lot because i was having too much fun with sliding Nayru's :awesome: (got to 1 life each, then i died) I've played only the original and then went to Balanced with only knowledge of what i saw when other people that played before me.

btw any other changes to Zelda other than Din's doesn't put her in helplessness, and Sliding Nayru's?
Various move changes such as Utilt has a higher hit angle and such, but not very many of the needed moves were changed. The BB website has the specifics.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
ok
*clicked on kyokoro_pamuyo's sig*

Flower on jab... i was wondering why there was a flower on someones head after a jab...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Fsmash is harder to SDI, and Ftilt has less cooldown, which means is safer and much more useful for Walling or as Combo/Followup setup.

But Zelda wasn't improved that much overall because she was planned to be used along with Sheik.
One deals crazy damage while the other scores the kills (BZelda even has more gimmicks, for surprise attacks and stuff like that).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol the theme is so simple... but very effective.

Well done Ed, PR in FL is really something.

Top Bottom