• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Zero Suit Samus- Quick Question, Quick Answer Thread

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I have similar thoughts too~

optimist would be like "slight disadvantage to pikachu" even or better with everyone else~
This is followed by "wait, Pikachu dies at 50%" and then I realise zamus is the best and she's doing it all to make us happy.

Then you get up throw up air'd and it's like
"oh wait, that bull **** exists".
But you don't care about that. keep chuggin' along.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Shaya, what if PIkachu uses the blend on us tho

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
Hey ZSS mains!
I am making a general character guide for the entire roster and was wondering what are ZSS's best and worst stages?
Also, what custom movesets are most viable?
Thank you in advance! All feedback is welcome :)

NorZora

Smash Rookie
What do people think about setting c stick to tilts? Has anyone tried this? I'm going to try it out for a week or so to see how it leads to juggling / combos.
I use the C stick for tilts and its really useful for me. Its perfect for perfect pivoting into up-tilt. When you do this you dash a little. Perfect for better position to punish rolls or when someone is on a platform above you.

NorZora

Smash Rookie
Hey ZSS mains!
I am making a general character guide for the entire roster and was wondering what are ZSS's best and worst stages?
Also, what custom movesets are most viable?
Thank you in advance! All feedback is welcome :)
Her best stages are Battlefield, Smashville and maybe Town and City. Lylat cruise are horrible for her because the stage is tilting everywhere and you lose many edge possibilities. Platforms are good for her, so Final Destination along with all the omega-stages are not so good since she cant use the platforms, but that doesn´t mean she cant do well on those stages.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I use the C stick for tilts and its really useful for me. Its perfect for perfect pivoting into up-tilt. When you do this you dash a little. Perfect for better position to punish rolls or when someone is on a platform above you.
You lose PP dsmash if you change it to tilts. I can't say it's worth it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
you can PP uptilt with c-stick just by having the control stick tilted upwards when you c-stick up.
This may seem hard in perfect pivot situations, but I don't find it that bad.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Do you know where i can find techniques for Zero Suit Samus? I heard she was good for compeitive smash so i want to try to main her.

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean the nSpecial reverse?

Jump in one direction
press nSpecial
immediately press your stick into the other direction

That's it. You can do that with every specialmove she has by the way.

no no sorry, the ledge trick, the one the commentator calls 'new tech'

Link24242

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-3214-6215
no no sorry, the ledge trick, the one the commentator calls 'new tech'
I think it's side b > tether cancel (press down on the control stick) > double jump. Looks neat, I might have to try it out.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
THIS IS VERY ****ING CAPSLOCK IMPORTANT
HAS ANYONE ACCESS TO A WII U RIGHT NOW
I NEED TO KNOW IF ZSSAMUS GOT NERFED
IM AT WORK DYING

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
THIS IS VERY ****ING CAPSLOCK IMPORTANT
HAS ANYONE ACCESS TO A WII U RIGHT NOW
I NEED TO KNOW IF ZSSAMUS GOT NERFED
IM AT WORK DYING
Ready for my impressions from watching stream and hearing rumors?

People were saying Up B nerf, watching someone test it against a Ganondorf, doesn't seem like a noticeable difference. To be determined.

People also saying grab cooldown lessened, which I would believe since Pac-Man got the same treatment (and on video his was a very obviously noticeable difference from what it was before.)

c23lui

Smash Rookie
VERY WEIRD ZSS DAMAGE BUFFS ( ONLY WORK ON BOWSER JR)

FSMASH UNCHARGED 19 PERCENT
BOOST KICK 19
BAIR 14

WHY IS IT ONLY BOWSER JR? BEATS ME....

Ok so apparently B Jr. has some weird hurtbox things going on so all these buffs are null. Up air X2 -> Up B works fine. Everything seems about same but her grab just might have a little less ending lag.
Feel free to check and confirm

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Ready for my impressions from watching stream and hearing rumors?

People were saying Up B nerf, watching someone test it against a Ganondorf, doesn't seem like a noticeable difference. To be determined.

People also saying grab cooldown lessened, which I would believe since Pac-Man got the same treatment (and on video his was a very obviously noticeable difference from what it was before.)
So basically neither a nerf or a buff, but a balance just like last patch?
I can live with that, especially since this buffs her neutral game.
As long as the anal devastation uAir > uAir > uSpecial combo still works I'm fine.

Oh and @ c23lui c23lui Welcome to Smashboards and the Zero Suit forum.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Praise the Lord. Also does up b still come out on frame 4? BTW Diddy uair nerfs that thing doesn't kill us till like 130%.

Last edited:

c23lui

Smash Rookie
@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've actually been pretty actively scanning the ZSS forum for the past few months. But I finally decided to make an account yesterday.

I was really hoping for ZSS's grab to have less cool down but... It's looking just about the same. :/

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've actually been pretty actively scanning the ZSS forum for the past few months. But I finally decided to make an account yesterday.

I was really hoping for ZSS's grab to have less cool down but... It's looking just about the same. :/
But it does have less ending lag.

Edit: No it doesn't, you're right.
To my defense, after playing with mewtwo for 5 hours everything with ZSSamus feels faster.

Last edited:

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
How do I fight a smart Mega Man with this character...I honestly have no idea what to do and I main Mega Man. It gets kind of frustrating to actually try and land a hit on the dude.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's legitimately one of ZSS' worst/most frustrating match ups.

I really don't know what to do in that match up other than time him out. She has close to zero traps on the guy, no approach, gets outcamped by him HARD in terms of racking up chip damage on each other.
Him having the largest grab range of a 6/8 frame grabber is not fun for her to deal with either. Short height too. Bair beats us air to air solidly and will win out against flip jump/kick while we recovery (fml).

I haven't had the opportunity to test out the match up now with some side-b implementations around, but otherwise all I had in my mind at the time I was playing 500 Texan Megamans was "I think I could learn/react to flip kick this *****".

I'm significantly more comfortable going Marth in that match up. Arcs (reliable way to hit him without contesting pellets) and disjoints are great.

Last edited:

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! I've started picking up ZSS in my assortment of characters to back up my Mega Man and find her super fun to play, but the first actual person I fought with her was a Mega Man, so rough start to learning :p Glad it wasn't just me that thought this match up was super in Mega Man's favor. Sitting down and thinking about it, having played Mega Man so much, it really is hard to see what ZSS can do to fight MM, and I don't see customs helping that matchup out for her much at all to be honest. Good thing I also play Shulk...I don't like mirror matches.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Thanks! I've started picking up ZSS in my assortment of characters to back up my Mega Man and find her super fun to play, but the first actual person I fought with her was a Mega Man, so rough start to learning :p Glad it wasn't just me that thought this match up was super in Mega Man's favor. Sitting down and thinking about it, having played Mega Man so much, it really is hard to see what ZSS can do to fight MM, and I don't see customs helping that matchup out for her much at all to be honest. Good thing I also play Shulk...I don't like mirror matches.
To be honest Megaman isn't that bad for me but then again I'm a fraud not facing the top level ones.

Few notes for the mu, there should be no reason aside for failure to react quick enough that we don't get a flip jump kick on him when he's charging smashes (be weary of down smash).

When megas like to camp with saw I generally will grab it leaving him with only 2 projectiles for a bit while I try to find an opening with lasers And zairs

If Megaman uses leaf shield you should due well to remember that the leaves cancel out our jab I've gotten by just spamming jab 1 repeatedly if they approach trying to grab, if your close enough and they try to shoot the shield at you you probably can react to him lifting his hand and flip jump kick him.

His up air can be annoying but you should be able to manage if your di'ING correctly when throw.

While his areials are decent and have some more range then ours, things like the back hit of nair can work wonders.

Megamans recover low from what I've seen so maybe try to learn the timing for surprise flip jump kick spikes near the ledge or running off for bairs.

Our jab destroys like all his projectiles except charged Mega busters.

There are a few Megaman in my region but I haven't faced them all and can't really say I believe they are that noteworthy, however alot of the same scenarios will occur just some more common then none (which might result from overall bad habits or soemthing).

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll just clarify that I don't think it's super in megaman's favour, I was more emphasising the frustration part~

Which is, pellets beating dsmash traps, laser traps, zair zoning, all landing aerial attempts and him having a really good grab for what game plan ZSS is forced into because of it (grounded, tilts only stuff).

Lus146

Smash Cadet
Different times to use different recoveries on ZSS? I know that all three of her options have their merits, but what are some situations where you would want to use your up B rather than your down B or your zair?

David Viran

Smash Lord
Different times to use different recoveries on ZSS? I know that all three of her options have their merits, but what are some situations where you would want to use your up B rather than your down B or your zair?
First off side special is superior than Zair when it comes to tether. You want to use up b if the opponent jumps off to hit you when you recover low because it has a hit box.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well up b is good if they are trying to edgeguard you poorly spaced near the edge.

The amount of times I've punished someone for their sheer greed or stupidity is insane...

Instances where I'd drop down and re up b to the ledge having them get launched from the one hit that lands -> jumping from ledge and up airing , fairing or getting a sweet boost kick.

Even managed to catch people slipping by boost kicking so I rise above the ledge and hit them when they drop shield to early (always rising above the ledge but low enough to not get grabbed.)

Side b have more range then zair? @ David Viran David Viran .

I just hate those instances you get hit lightly off stage and proceed to go and side b tether but she throws out the hard mixup of "normal side b" which results in me plummeting to my death.

Hit stun off stage is definitely a pet peeve of Zss's. ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom