• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Two-Ell

Smash Master
No clue really, probably some sort of error that happened a long time ago. Post numbers and the total number of posts are still up to date; the page number just doesn't update.

:rosalina:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
up smash out of shield can shut toon link down

EDIT: OOOO your talking about your apex pools. Dude your pool looks really easy! you got this

Linkissocool

Smash Rookie
Saw someone doing a side smash while holding a suit piece online today, how ?

and yeah they did it multiple times

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but how should a ZSS play the vs. Olimar MU? I'm getting incredibly wrecked every time I have to play it because I can never get in.

Although it is partially due to the fact that I'm a beginner so I fail at all respects in general at the moment.

DUB

Smash Lord
Sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but how should a ZSS play the vs. Olimar MU? I'm getting incredibly wrecked every time I have to play it because I can never get in.

Although it is partially due to the fact that I'm a beginner so I fail at all respects in general at the moment.
I was going to also ask this earlier. However I was going to ask if there was any chance the MU thread was going to be revived for 2012 with the possibility of starting with Olimar.

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty hard (for me at least) to get into jab range without taking a lot of damage from side B, not getting pivot or normal grabbed, or smashed.

I think they like to shield (or the ones I play do) so they can get shield grabs in if you get too close, so is ZSS's grab a viable option to use in this matchup?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I had an interesting convo with Brosuke the other day about Olimar vs. ZSS, and I'll let him fill you in on what we discussed but this should be noted:

Nair > Jab does not work as a reliable approach option. I was sad because it looked like it would be close based on frame data.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
How about 2nd hit fair>jab?
I've recently been noticing that 2nd hit fair is surprisingly safe on shield. Either that or nobody I play knows how to punish anything

DeLux

the most important number you're looking for is -9 on shield. If that's what it is, it means we can get jab out.

DeLux

Usmash comes out of frame 9 out of shield assuming the one frame it takes to shield drop.

Grab comes out on 11, but it takes time to cover horizontal distance, so it's not as important.

DeLux

you can jump cancel your shield to circumvent the seven frames for usmash which adds only one frame to the hitbox total assuming frame perfection (usually doesn't happen in practice, but 2 or 3 frames of jumpsquat to Usmash happens all the time)

You can also circumvent the shield drop of 7 frames by using a standing grab

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ah I see.

I could easily be wrong on this, but I don't think there are any Olimar players that will actually use a JCusmash OoS. They'd probably just hold shield and then let go and press up on C-stick.
I say this because everytime I JCusmash it's by accident, and I rage so hard that I kill multiple children.

DeLux

???

Every high level Olimar JC Usmash's out of shield like it's their job

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Ah I see.

I could easily be wrong on this, but I don't think there are any Olimar players that will actually use a JCusmash OoS. They'd probably just hold shield and then let go and press up on C-stick.\.
O___________O Every olimar does this so be very careful....ALSO USE IT FOR ZSS!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Damn glitched thread, but here goes...
I should almost never try to punish a ZSS who Dsmashes my shield, right?

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
When should you usmash out of shield instead of using uair? I hear a lot that usmash OOS is good, but I don't know when it is and when it isn't.

EDIT: Also it seems like you should always uair out of shield because it's super good unless they're too far....

Thoughts on up B OOS? ~Kinda like usmash.....?

Top Bottom