• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith 2014 Preliminary Details

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i hope ya'll aren't using me as like, the #1 source of info. i'm just going by what @ Nintendude Nintendude said on the first page or two.

also sedda i really hope you aren't Odin.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I'm not Odin lmao

I'd been out of the country for almost a year, so I couldn't have been playing online. There's no way for anyone to know if that's true, though. I could be Kero for all you know.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
good cuz i was about to lose respect for you if you were that Odin ness player

what's the deal with florida? any interest or nah? @kys @ MrMarbles MrMarbles @Loto ... i hope that's the loto from FL...who am i missing? @TANK64 .. uh

which mod edited this and what did he edit

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
i just want to pont out that during the top 8 of apex 2014 Alex Strife told the whole crowd of the current viewer count on the stream for 64. i cant remember what number he said but i remember it was a pretty large number, and even Strife seemed surprised about how many people were viewing. Anyone remember what number he said? Also Zenith is still a maybe for me

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
All i remember is people yelling at us for being a fire hizard because we had the audacity to block one of the paths so we could watch the top 8.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
lifting info from the facebook page and hoping someone responds soon about doubles/brackets... @ Nintendude Nintendude i saw you reading this thread...

*****************************************************************************************************

Venue Fee raises from $15 to $20 on July 15th

Registration Closes on July 25th

Smash Games will not have registration at the door. All smash games must be prereg'd.

For Housing: This is the link put up by Strife to the Comfort Inn in Brooklyn.

For Parking: Straight from Strife's comment on the event page - "For this area this is a good amount of FREE parking. IDK if you have ever been to this venue but I have for many events and I have always parked and never had ot pay."
******************************************************************************************************

What NEEDS to be cleared up:

1. 64 Doubles

2. Tournament Format (it says "Brackets will be up July 28th")

What SHOULD be clear in coming/ongoing weeks:

1. Event Schedule (when the games will be played)

2. Stream Schedule (who is streaming which game and when) (Bifuteki and Clash Tournaments will be the two streamers)

3. List of Registered Players (more of a luxury but it would be nice to have a concrete number to advertise to potential attendees)
**********************************************************************************************************

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
so i just realized that my lease for my apartment ends on august 1st and i will be moving into a new place so i most likely will be too busy to make this :(

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so i just realized that my lease for my apartment ends on august 1st and i will be moving into a new place so i most likely will be too busy to make this :(
make an effort to move that week/the week before. it's not like you'll be moving all your stuff out on the 1st, that'd be ridiculous. get out beforehand and you'll be gucci.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
ya but my new lease doesnt start till the first so i will have no where to keep my stuff if i move out early

mixa

Banned via Warnings
^ travis the doc maker just camped out in a shady alley

do it for smash

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
we let the girls who moved into our house junior year move all their stuff in a week before, cuz we were all in the process of moving out/into another spot where those people were moving out/into another spot (the cycle is real). you can try asking the people whose place you're moving into if you can do that. if they're not pricks, they shouldn't mind.

DO IT FOR SMASH

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
yeah i'm deffinately gonna see if thats an option. its still up in the air. i just know im gonna be super busy that week cuz i also have finals right in that time frame so the timing just sucks in general. whats everyone doing for housing?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
finals? it's ****ing august, what the ****

i linked the hotel info, dunno if anyone actually lives in the area though

i might just ask to stay with @KnitePhox again...so long as joeSWAG doesn't steal my blanket

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I requested again that they add 64 doubles to the pre-reg, since they had previously told me it would be an official event.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
that's great, i hope it's there; that'll bring some pretty cool teams dudes out. any information regarding the tourney format?

also will @th3kuzinator be living in the area at this point? and will @firo be around? can @DMoogle make another impressive run after months of seclusion? is killer going to put on a show? i can't tag him for some reason...how about star king? another one i can't tag, what the ****...who am i missing?

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
ah yes, i forgot near. @ Skrlx Skrlx are you going to zenith?

also: hotel is one mile away from venue. i presume that means walking/taxi back and forth, unless there's parking available at both places.

update:

Fireblaster2: Hey Alex, out of curiosity, know anything about the pools format for zenith?
Alexstrife: if its over 256 we are doing bracket
Fireblaster2: over 256 entrants total or per game?
Alexstrife: for 64 same
Alexstrife: per game

i presume that we won't be getting over 256 people soooo i think we're good!

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
They're not making bad decisions with 64 and they won't think they're making bad decisions until people stop attending. The problem with that is that they won't care if you stop attending. They can simply decide to not do a 64 tournament anymore and would literally lose nothing. They would gain time that they can use for PM and Melee crew battles, low tier tourneys, exhibition matches, blah blah. That's why it's important to not complain, but only provide constructive criticism without sounding like a bunch of crybabies. You have to work with team Apex because they're literally all NA has as far as big 64 nationals/internationls/ w/e.

IN THE MEANTIME, you should ask your guests how they like their turkey so that you can make it your own way. Maybe you'll start small, but if it's run smoothly and the turkey tastes real good, it'll get more popular. Eventually you might surprise yourself and realize you don't even have to attend the more popular guy's dinner because yours is about the TRUE meaning of Thanksgiving. The genocide of Native Americans... or playing ssb.
Yo right on Sedda. There is much whining in this "community" and not enough work. Again, the second biggest problem with the 64 community, something @KeroKeroppi alluded to in the past, is the lack of a head. Strife runs Zenith? Or just 64 at zenith? And who are the 64 point people at Apex?

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Strife runs Zenith? Or just 64 at zenith? And who are the 64 point people at Apex?
strife is the primary organizer for apex and zenith. nintendude/chain ace have run 64 at both events in the past but chain ace has recently stepped down, meaning nintendude is pretty much on his own.

http://smashboards.com/threads/zenith-2014-preliminary-details.350154/#post-16493676 is what i said when mike said he needs help. if we split everything up equally, we could have like 4 or 5 people helping the entire section. mike, myself, steve, joey if he wants, jimmyjoe on day 2, koro if he is still interested, bloodpeach if he doesn't still mind.

as for apex, it's usually mike. joey helped and chain ace was there as well.

that being said - mike, i'll reiterate: i'm willing to help and so are some others. if you look through the thread and maybe start a group PM we can figure something out. i kind of want numbered tvs and a non-cramped setup, maybe a timeframe for commentators, that sort of ish.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Thanks guys - I think having Karajan and Cobr helping to run the ship will be great. The main things are just having an active pool captain (basically a mini TO) running each pool, having people to man the TO desk when I'm unable to be there, and keeping tabs on the stream. I will be doing a lot more logistical preparation for Zenith than I have done for any previous Smash 64 events I have run :)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
glad to hear it mike, give us feedback on what you did/how it works - i read you were trying it at clarendon, so yeah

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Is the bracket going to be a challonge bracket? Y'know, so the commentators and the stream can have access to it.

Top Bottom