• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith 2014 Preliminary Details

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I'm in the same boat as Near. I want to go but it depends on 100000% adapter working. And sorry Karajan but I really need confirmation from a REAL source, an actual other xbox360 user. You may say it works 'perfectly' or 'flawlessly' but until it has another player's seal of approval, I cannot be certain enough to cross the country again. At Apex the adapter was 'working' but the 3 players needing it (Myself, Near, and Unk that i knew of) all chose not to use it after testing it(aka it wasn't working for us). Ideally I will convince LD to come to an event you and the adapter are attending, right now is the best to confirm the condition of adapter playability, due to his region having easy console tournament access and his now superb skill level.

I know I sound like a babby about it (I openly admit to being a babby about my controller) but I just cannot be spending another 400+ dollars on a trip where I won't get to use my desired method of input. Offline games are nice on emulator and all the people are great to play+fun with, but to me they are not worth the cross country trip alone. And the n64 controller really is just a joke and frustration when you're used to playing something different/better.

10hugebabymodechars

Shears

Smash Master
I'm in the same boat as Near. I want to go but it depends on 100000% adapter working. And sorry Karajan but I really need confirmation from a REAL source, an actual other xbox360 user. You may say it works 'perfectly' or 'flawlessly' but until it has another player's seal of approval, I cannot be certain enough to cross the country again. At Apex the adapter was 'working' but the 3 players needing it (Myself, Near, and Unk that i knew of) all chose not to use it after testing it(aka it wasn't working for us). Ideally I will convince LD to come to an event you and the adapter are attending, right now is the best to confirm the condition of adapter playability, due to his region having easy console tournament access and his now superb skill level.

I know I sound like a babby about it (I openly admit to being a babby about my controller) but I just cannot be spending another 400+ dollars on a trip where I won't get to use my desired method of input. Offline games are nice on emulator and all the people are great to play+fun with, but to me they are not worth the cross country trip alone. And the n64 controller really is just a joke and frustration when you're used to playing something different/better.

10hugebabymodechars
10makeyourowndamnadapterchars

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I'm really hoping to come to this. Will pre-registering online be required?
required...erm i don't BELIEVE so, but it's best to do so anyway because it's the cheapest

you live in linden...i used to live in linden and then moved back to elizabeth. let's ****ing play (provided you have a setup because i do not)

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
required...erm i don't BELIEVE so, but it's best to do so anyway because it's the cheapest

you live in linden...i used to live in linden and then moved back to elizabeth. let's ****ing play (provided you have a setup because i do not)
Yeah we should totally play! The site for registering for zenith is not up yet is it?

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
This may not really be the place for this, an internet forum, but I think as a community we are pretty tight knit, we've recently been through some ****, and I just feel like letting you know:
My Wedding is off. I was supposed to get married August 3rd. I'm currently in the process of moving out of our shared apartment, and this has been the toughest couple days of my life. We were together 7 years and lived together 4, and while this is for the best ultimately, it is very ****ing rough right now.
Why am I telling you this? I love you guys. Other than that? It has some implications involving smash that help to cheer me up a bit.

I can now attend Zenith. I would love to do whatever I can including TOing, commentary, and of course I can provide 65million TVs.

Also, I will be getting my own place; no females will be living with me, thus smashfests and housing whenever I want.

@ Komotonoto Komotonoto you are thinking of an eggcream. It doesn't actually have eggwhite in it, but I think once upon a time they did. They're good though, not super sweet like a float or milkshake.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
This may not really be the place for this, an internet forum, but I think as a community we are pretty tight knit, we've recently been through some ****, and I just feel like letting you know:
My Wedding is off. I was supposed to get married August 3rd. I'm currently in the process of moving out of our shared apartment, and this has been the toughest couple days of my life. We were together 7 years and lived together 4, and while this is for the best ultimately, it is very ****ing rough right now.
Why am I telling you this? I love you guys. Other than that? It has some implications involving smash that help to cheer me up a bit.

I can now attend Zenith. I would love to do whatever I can including TOing, commentary, and of course I can provide 65million TVs.

Also, I will be getting my own place; no females will be living with me, thus smashfests and housing whenever I want.

@ Komotonoto Komotonoto you are thinking of an eggcream. It doesn't actually have eggwhite in it, but I think once upon a time they did. They're good though, not super sweet like a float or milkshake.
Um, egg creams have no eggs nor milk.... NOPE, Seltzer water? NTY

Last edited:

Sensei

Smash Lord
Jimmyjoe, you're one of the coolest and honest guys I know. Can't really imagine what you're going through, but I'm sure it is the best for both of you like you said. Let's get some smash in brother.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Don't really know you jimmyjoe, but I'm sure everyone here will be looking out for you. Sounds like some terrible news, but you'll get through it. Now all we need is HYRULE

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman

Such a shame to hear man :( Sorry that **** happened to change it up. On the bright side, I can't wait to see you at Zenith and possibly some smashfests if I come down to the area.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Thanks for the support Guys, def looking forward to seeing you all. Homeless for prob a month, but after that I'll prob be living alone or with a roomie. Already in talks for setting up the low tier tourney.

Shears

Smash Master
Thanks for the support Guys, def looking forward to seeing you all. Homeless for prob a month, but after that I'll prob be living alone or with a roomie. Already in talks for setting up the low tier tourney.
Getting a good roommate is tough. Every roommate I had sucked at smash and had no interest in getting better or continue playing with me. So be careful. We all know the relationship between quality smash and quality roommate is one to one.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
After peru we will plan a trip for japan next year so pick one

i'll look for flights, peru might cost a grand at this point

Maybe I'll go to Peru... Hmm
$658 round trip to peru from ewr. plus another $150-$300 for the flights for tacna

if you fly with me and boom out of boston its $20 more

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
thought ^ this was the actual pbnj and i was gonna say what the **** dude's been around since like '84

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord

Stay strong and smash on bud. Hope everything is ok

SheerMadness

Smash Master
jimmyjoe...

You're one of the kindest and most down to earth members of our community.

Life doesn't keep people like that down for long. Keep your head up.

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
M2K and Armada were dropped from CT. As this article notes, "This obviously frees up a big chunk of your budget, so can we expect big news from CT in the next few weeks as you take the next steps forward?" it seems like CT should be able to pay for Isai's (@malva00 ) flight to Zenith.

@ChiboSempai

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
M2K and Armada were dropped from CT. As this article notes, "This obviously frees up a big chunk of your budget, so can we expect big news from CT in the next few weeks as you take the next steps forward?" it seems like CT should be able to pay for Isai's flight to Zenith.
I offered to pay for the flight earlier and he said no

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Are bracket pools not the same as if you had one big bracket with different waves except now that players are trapped in pools they're more likely to play the same person more than once?

I don't really know a lot about this topic, so feel free to prove me wrong. But as it stands, I don't see the logic in bracket pools.

Why do I feel like this has been argued about before...

Top Bottom