• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith 2014 Preliminary Details

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm hoping that since Isai is sponsored by CT and that Chibo is the main streamer for Zenith that they will pay for him to come.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Reasons I Should Go:
Megabus to NYC is 2 hours and $9.
It'd be great to be able to see Rob and Gav bond at tourney.
I can enrage people with my "air camping" goodness.
I have friends in the city with whom I could stay fo' free.

Reasons I Shouldn't Go:
Megabus travels through New Jersey, whose toxic fumes likely lower my already dismal life expectancy.
Possibility of facing Kero Pika in bracket. Cheap and gay.
Everything in NYC is overpriced as ****.

Last edited:

malva00

Smash Master
I'm hoping that since Isai is sponsored by CT and that Chibo is the main streamer for Zenith that they will pay for him to come.
If CT offers to pay for me, and I decide to go, then I'd probably go Pika/Kirby to make sure CT has a good placing XD

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i don't remember a time when maddox's website was ever relevant

can't believe he does youtube stuff now holy christ

Nintendude

Smash Hero
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8IKxbOpt0E
2. where the **** is it a buck a slice?

everything is drastically overpriced, though. what's the deal with housing for this? any info yet?
I've found dollar slices all over midtown Manhattan. My hometown has a pizzeria with 18" pies for $10. You just gotta stumble upon the right places I guess.

Dunno about housing but with access to NYC transportation there's like a million options.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you probably like margaret cho too
Dunno about housing but with access to NYC transportation there's like a million options.
yeah but trains don't run past 1:50, subway is 24, dunno if there's a hotel around, etcetc

Sedda

Smash Champion
Idk, probably I guess. I'll start playing online and try to improve as much as possible. Regardless of that, if the situation allows it, I'll go for sure.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I'm most likely going to this. @Karajan how has the 360 adapter development come along? is the trigger dead zone issue fixed/still being looked at?

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
If CT offers to pay for me, and I decide to go, then I'd probably go Pika/Kirby to make sure CT has a good placing XD

I'll make a deal with you. Find a way to get to zenith, then I will fly you back to San Jose on August 27th. Why the 27th? Because that is the same day Boom and I fly to Peru.

Until then, you can live at my house if you choose. I'm sure you can find players that would house you if you didn't feel like staying with us the whole time. If Boom goes to zenith (and he will go if you go), He will be living there also. Every day we can train in smash to prepare for Peru/Japan. On the weekends we can go hiking; I might even be able to take time off to do the presidential range. There is also other stuff to do in NH, like shooting guns, drinking raw milk, indoor skydiving, rock climbing, swimming in the freezing atlantic ocean, etc. Boston is an hour from me, Montreal is 4 hours from me. Only tricky thing is one weekend we will have to drive to Canada cause boom needs to do something there.

Actually this sounds like so much fun I might even get your ticket to Zenith lol. But you need to let me know in TWO WEEKS. Two weeks from today I will rescind this offer.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you mean august, steve

i foresee the biggest smashfest ever at steve's place one of those weekends...

Skrlx

Smash Champion
It is working good now. I am adding a bar that lets you adjust the deadzone / range graphically.
Hey, dude. I am really, really interested in going to Zenith. If you can confirm that the adapter will work properly with my XBOX controller, I am practically guaranteed. At Apex, I was really upset that the adapter wasn't working properly for me. When we were setting up my controller, I was confused as to why there was a single setting for deadzone or whatever it was. In my emulator's controller config, I have range and deadzone. If I could set up both of these individually, that would be great. Another reason I feel like that the adapter felt off was because I didn't have any time to adjust to the adapter. My set against you was literally the first time trying it out. When you had asked me if it felt fine (after tweaking the deadzone or w/e it was), I said yes because when we first initially set it up, I had a hard time pivoting. So that was really my entire basis on whether it was good or not, so once we tweaked the settings and I was seemingly able to pivot just fine, I thought it was fine. However, once we actually started playing, I was very wrong. It felt really off. After I lost to you, I was upset and salty. I didn't want to bother using your adapter again, so I stuck to the Hori for the rest of the tournament; partially because it was kind of a hassle to get on the adapter setup, and I felt like I needed you there to set up the adapter for me and stuff, but I knew you were busy. I went to Apex believing that I would be able to use an adapter at BloodPeach's house, but unfortunately, he ran into some problems.

So if you can set up the range and deadzone individually, and if BP can somehow have the same adapter to use, that would be amazing. I would really like to go to Zenith. Having a functioning adapter for me would make Zenith even more amazing.

EDIT: BUt now that I think about it, as great as it would be to have an adapter, it really sucks to not have the freedom to unplug and plug your controller on different setups. Maybe I should just practice on a regular controller until Zentih. In which that case, Karajan, do you think you can build me an N64 controller with a Gamecube analog stick in it? I can send you a N64 controller and a GC controller for parts. I'd also pay you money for the labor.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Actually this sounds like so much fun I might even get your ticket to Zenith lol. But you need to let me know in TWO WEEKS. Two weeks from today I will rescind this offer.

@ malva00 malva00 LOL thanks for ignoring me these last 2 weeks. I hope you find a way to get to Zenith.

So if you can set up the range and deadzone individually, and if BP can somehow have the same adapter to use, that would be amazing. I would really like to go to Zenith. Having a functioning adapter for me would make Zenith even more amazing.
This is the most likely thing to happen

EDIT: BUt now that I think about it, as great as it would be to have an adapter, it really sucks to not have the freedom to unplug and plug your controller on different setups.
I will have 4 adapters. So there will be at least 3 setups with adapters you can move around to. Bloodpeach and Unkown will probably also have adapters.

In which that case, Karajan, do you think you can build me an N64 controller with a Gamecube analog stick in it? I can send you a N64 controller and a GC controller for parts. I'd also pay you money for the labor.
Not my thing lol. More likely thing that would come about would be a direct xbox360->N64 without an external power source, but I probably wont have time to do that this year.

Doing that would be tough cause I would have to learn USB protocol to do some funky stuff. Keyboards would come first, cause I could just lift some unix kernel code from like freebsd or something to see how they implement the driver. I would also need to learn how to debug and code a different class of embedded devices. If you are a student and have free time I can point you in the direction to try to do it yourself. Biggest challenge is the voltage restriction; N64 pushes 3.3V over the wire, and idk if that is enough to power a USB device since I think USB is like 4V.

Actually this might be fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom