• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
If I'm not mistaken, she was in the E3 demo, right? Every character had 4 swaps in the demo. Did we see all of hers? I remember seeing Mario's, Luigi's, and Megaman's.
I didn't see them all in action, but Zelda had her default, red, blue and her new deep purple/blonde colours in the demo. In the invitational tournament, the girl playing as Zelda used her new colour but every other gameplay video I watched had Zelda use her default.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Well, the OoT color swap was in Brawl, so it might return in Smash 4. And the differences might be more noticeable with Smash 4's vibrant colors.

If I'm not mistaken, she was in the E3 demo, right? Every character had 4 swaps in the demo. Did we see all of hers? I remember seeing Mario's, Luigi's, and Megaman's.

Blonde but not OoT.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't see them all in action, but Zelda had her default, red, blue and her new deep purple/blonde colours in the demo. In the invitational tournament, the girl playing as Zelda used her new colour but every other gameplay video I watched had Zelda use her default.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman

director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!"

Welp guys it looks like the window is narrowing for Zelda getting an alt costume. It's a matter of days we're talking!

OoT is looking the most likely IMO

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
All we know is this was a last minute addition. We don't know if that means they are showing costumes as soon as they are completed. It could be that numerous characters already have alternate costumes done that just haven't been revealed yet, and they decided to reveal this one right away because they were excited about it being finished in time.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
All we know is this was a last minute addition. We don't know if that means they are showing costumes as soon as they are completed. It could be that numerous characters already have alternate costumes done that just haven't been revealed yet, and they decided to reveal this one right away because they were excited about it being finished in time.
its not that i don't believe you but where did you hear this

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Blonde but not OoT.
While it's not her OoT one, the costume seems to be at least inspired by it. So while an OoT costume isn't entirely out of the question, it seems less likely. I've got my fingers crossed for either the Skyward sword pink outfit or the sacred garment from the same game. I can't think of any other better options (although her TP cloak would be cool too).

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
While it's not her OoT one, the costume seems to be at least inspired by it. So while an OoT costume isn't entirely out of the question, it seems less likely. I've got my fingers crossed for either the Skyward sword pink outfit or the sacred garment from the same game. I can't think of any other better options (although her TP cloak would be cool too).
all what zelda has for her alt costumes, is the two outfits from SS the robes from TP, (what are the most likely) or Hyrule Warriors, (what imo is a pipe dream) and finely retro, (what i'm am not the biggest fan of)

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Well you could honestly pick any blonde Zelda and say that it's the inspiration for the costume.
Really, it could be any costume but seeing how OoT Zelda and TP Zelda share the most similarities, she seems kind of likely. But then Link did get a SS costume so it would be pretty silly if Zelda didn't get one either.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
all what zelda has for her alt costumes, is the two outfits from SS the robes from TP, (what are the most likely) or Hyrule Warriors, (what imo is a pipe dream) and finely retro, (what i'm am not the biggest fan of)
I would say the robes from TP are highly unlikely, as it would involve having to redo all her animations. Hyrule Warriors never was possible, and is a pipe dream. Retro Zelda looked like Princess Peach, and nothing like the current Zelda.

The most likely is Zelda from SS, or possibly the OoT alt… which is looking less and less probable.
Or maybe its something entirely new? nah :crazy:

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Well you could honestly pick any blonde Zelda and say that it's the inspiration for the costume.
Really, it could be any costume but seeing how OoT Zelda and TP Zelda share the most similarities, she seems kind of likely. But then Link did get a SS costume so it would be pretty silly if Zelda didn't get one either.
I guess it's the blonde hair and purple getup (instead of pink) that remind me of the Hyrule Warriors OoT DLC the most- https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...dB9xvErRxLfdd2FvEEptF8i5DPQF3EitONgty6wuBaYRA

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's the blonde hair and purple getup (instead of pink) that remind me of the Hyrule Warriors OoT DLC the most- https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...dB9xvErRxLfdd2FvEEptF8i5DPQF3EitONgty6wuBaYRA
hyrule-warriors-oot-zelda.jpg

The SSB4 costume is so much darker though, I don't think it would be fair to call it OoT. Also the outfit is missing the iconic red crown and the blonde is far more pale than OoT. So I don't think we can rule out an OoT alt quite yet, though I feel SS Zelda is so much more likely anyways.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I would say the robes from TP are highly unlikely, as it would involve having to redo all her animations. Hyrule Warriors never was possible, and is a pipe dream. Retro Zelda looked like Princess Peach, and nothing like the current Zelda.

The most likely is Zelda from SS, or possibly the OoT alt… which is looking less and less probable.
Or maybe its something entirely new? nah :crazy:
retro as in OOT zelda i would call that game retro now.as for the robes i would see it like a cape with a hood as she runs it flies behind her. and when she stops it just goes over her shoulders. would be tough to code in maybe but still would be cool. and i mean i don't want what project m did for zeldaalt costume thats what i mean

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
If Zelda doesn't get a new alt, I'll be extremely disappointed. She needs some love in Smash, not that one new alt would boost her image but still. I'd be happy with anything.

In order of what I'd want and their likelyness:
  1. Hyrule Warriors (Highly unlikely)
  2. Hilda skin (Probably not)
  3. Ocarina of Time (Still don't know, but I doubt it'll make it back)
  4. Midna skin (Nah)
  5. Skyward Sword (Most likely in my opinion)
Probably missed a few but cbf going back through the pages to find more.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
If Zelda doesn't get a new alt, I'll be extremely disappointed. She needs some love in Smash, not that one new alt would boost her image but still. I'd be happy with anything.

In order of what I'd want and their likelyness:
  1. Hyrule Warriors (Highly unlikely)
  2. Hilda skin (Probably not)
  3. Ocarina of Time (Still don't know, but I doubt it'll make it back)
  4. Midna skin (Nah)
  5. Skyward Sword (Most likely in my opinion)
Probably missed a few but cbf going back through the pages to find more.
I agree with your list, both in terms of how bad I want them and their chances of actually getting in the game.

I don't even know why I want Zelda to get new costumes since I am probably going to use her default regardless of what else is available.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I agree with your list, both in terms of how bad I want them and their chances of actually getting in the game.

I don't even know why I want Zelda to get new costumes since I am probably going to use her default regardless of what else is available.
Hah, I'm exactly the same. I rarely used Zelda's other colours in Brawl, mainly because I didn't like them that much. Melee on the other hand was completley different, I thought her alternate colours were stunning and varied between all of them.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Personally, I'd love to see a dark recolor show back up. I think all the characters should have a black recolor, just because of the rule of cool. I absolutely loved the black dress she had in Brawl. Her green and red recolors were also gorgeous.

A HW costume would look great, but it's a long shot. I think that if the do an OoT recolor, it should not be a simple recolor but a new costume, sort of how the HW DLC alt looks too.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
wouldn't he have to incorporate her staff ?
Just realized how large her forehead is in the game artwork. Personally I'd like her to be an AT or something like that as opposed to an alt costume. I don't think the TP Model would look that good with the purply hair, it has a more cartoony vibe.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Hyrule Warriors Alternate Costume would look soo good on TP Zelda. Her designer best try hard to include it for Zelda...xD.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
With Olimar possibly getting an Alph alt and if the Koopaling alts for Bowser Jr happen, I would love Skyward Sword Zelda as an alt for TP/Smash Zelda.

Luwafer

Smash Cadet
This dark palette confirms, if anything, that the four shown in the earlier demos are definitely not the only ones. There's still hope for people's favourites. I guess we'll just have to wait and see until it comes out on 3DS in Japan.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
That recolour looks amazing. Would've prefered if the eye colour was different, but overall it looks great.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I think every brawl pallet is back so far, except the pink. Logically that would be saved for a SS alt. So I think that's going to be it.

Too bad they didn't give dark Zelda red eyes, would've really completed the look.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Id like to see the Oot costume be her alternate costume.

Either OOT or SS Zelda would be great. I'd be happy with either one. (OOT Zelda looks fantastic in Hyrule Warriors. HD works well for her)

EDIT: Also guys check out this fantastically well done render by someone that I found in the recent leak discussion thread

Dammit now I want a Hilda alt as well with the flowing cape and just general badassness.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Either OOT or SS Zelda would be great. I'd be happy with either one. (OOT Zelda looks fantastic in Hyrule Warriors. HD works well for her)

EDIT: Also guys check out this fantastically well done render by someone that I found in the recent leak discussion thread

Dammit now I want a Hilda alt as well with the flowing cape and just general badassness.
That render is gorgeous. I would love for a Hilda alt to make its way into Smash 4. :)

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
If Hilda was to make it as an alt, how would her staff work with Zelda's moveset? To me, Hilda's staff is what defines her character and having her without it wouldn't feel right.

Top Bottom