• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
If Hilda was to make it as an alt, how would her staff work with Zelda's moveset? To me, Hilda's staff is what defines her character and having her without it wouldn't feel right.
She would probably do zeldas attacks holding the staff... which is why I'm not sure it's happening. Changing model is easier.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If Hilda was to make it as an alt, how would her staff work with Zelda's moveset? To me, Hilda's staff is what defines her character and having her without it wouldn't feel right.
Agreed. But still, a simple recolor meant to represent the character wouldn't hurt. Much like Peach's Daisy colors.

The only costumes I can legitimately think of that make sense would be SS, OoT, HW and the possessed TP version. A Midna recolor would also be possible, but I'm not sure that it won't look horrendous.

If they try to create a SS look for her, though, it really needs to be a new costume, not colors.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Agreed. But still, a simple recolor meant to represent the character wouldn't hurt. Much like Peach's Daisy colors.

The only costumes I can legitimately think of that make sense would be SS, OoT, HW and the possessed TP version. A Midna recolor would also be possible, but I'm not sure that it won't look horrendous.

If they try to create a SS look for her, though, it really needs to be a new costume, not colors.
Exactly. It wouldn't look right if SS Zelda's colours were used on the TP model, due to fact that TP Zelda is serious and elegant, while SS Zelda is cute and care-free.
Though she is probably only likely to get a recolour, since Link only got a recolour with his casual SS clothes instead of a completely new alt which is disappointing.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Though she is probably only likely to get a recolour, since Link only got a recolour with his casual SS clothes instead of a completely new alt which is disappointing.
I think the main difference between Link's SS costume and Zelda's SS costume is the fact that Zelda's one is really different from TP, while Link's one is not that much different: long sleeves, no chainmail, no hat and voila, SS Link! It's maybe because of this that Link doesn't have a real alt costume (althought Zero Suit Samus kinda destroy this, as her shorts are almost like a recolor, despite having a different 3D model).

I think that the SS recolour is actually a great take on Link's tunic. It's not exactly the same, but it looks really nice. And why I understand the backlash about the hat, I do love the hat in beige.

I'm still hoping for SS Zelda, as it's a great opportunity to have a really unique costume for Zelda.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I think the main difference between Link's SS costume and Zelda's SS costume is the fact that Zelda's one is really different from TP, while Link's one is not that much different: long sleeves, no chainmail, no hat and voila, SS Link! It's maybe because of this that Link doesn't have a real alt costume (althought Zero Suit Samus kinda destroy this, as her shorts are almost like a recolor, despite having a different 3D model).

I think that the SS recolour is actually a great take on Link's tunic. It's not exactly the same, but it looks really nice. And why I understand the backlash about the hat, I do love the hat in beige.

I'm still hoping for SS Zelda, as it's a great opportunity to have a really unique costume for Zelda.
i hope fore a unique costume to but help me out when you say SS do you mean take the zelda we have now (TP) and put her in one of the SS costumes (starter pink goddess white) or did what PM did and change TP zelda into OOT zelda

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
i hope fore a unique costume to but help me out when you say SS do you mean take the zelda we have now (TP) and put her in one of the SS costumes (starter pink goddess white) or did what PM did and change TP zelda into OOT zelda
I mean adding her "Villager" costume, with her TP costume, like ZSS have the Zero Suit and the Shorts.

Hyrule Warriors prove that Zelda can have the TP and SS costume, with the same face. And that she looks good. (She ALWAYS looks good by the way)

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I mean adding her "Villager" costume, with her TP costume, like ZSS have the Zero Suit and the Shorts.

Hyrule Warriors prove that Zelda can have the TP and SS costume, with the same face. And that she looks good. (She ALWAYS looks good by the way)
so keep the TP face but put her in the ceremony outfit yes.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
... What we need is this.

It's simple as that. New 3D model, new hair... Alt character as an alt costume (what was initially going to happen for Lucina)

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Let's think, we know Zelda has her default, red, blue, black and the new purple/blond dress leaving us with five costumes (the green dress has to return, making it six).
So that leaves us with two costumes left. My money is on something SS related, either her casual or ceremonial attire, and the OoT alt. I know it could be anything either the OoT alt (because of Zelda's new colour it's making me doubt of it returning), but I just don'tknow what else would fit that would make sense. If not OoT, either Hilda, HW or Puppet Zelda?

The game is released in Japan soon anyway, so it won't be long until we'll be able to see every character's alts. In the end, I'll be happy with whatever.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Let's think, we know Zelda has her default, red, blue, black and the new purple/blond dress leaving us with five costumes (the green dress has to return, making it six).
So that leaves us with two costumes left. My money is on something SS related, either her casual or ceremonial attire, and the OoT alt. I know it could be anything either the OoT alt (because of Zelda's new colour it's making me doubt of it returning), but I just don'tknow what else would fit that would make sense. If not OoT, either Hilda, HW or Puppet Zelda?

The game is released in Japan soon anyway, so it won't be long until we'll be able to see every character's alts. In the end, I'll be happy with whatever.
Zelda is Zelda and we will love her no matter what. Okay a list of alts. Going off of eight.
1. Default
2. Red
3. blue
4. black
5. Purple/blond
6. If purple/ blond isn't ST than I want spirit tracks, would trade for Hilda.
7. SS
8. Oot

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hmm... *ponders, Zelda style*

In all honesty, I think we won't get an SS alt after all, or they make it for only 1 or 2 colors (wich seems weird to me but plausible: I doubt Shulk will get 4 shorts, and Little Mac can only have 3 hoodies, now. Plus, there's 4 kind of Villagers, considering hairstyles, so 2 "colors" for each).

So I guess we will get:

1. Default
2. Red
3. blue
4. black
5. Purple/blond
6. White (Hylia or Melee white)
7. Hilda
8. OoT or SS

I this point, I realize I just want the White dress to come back.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
You guys can't just ditch the green costume…..

1. Default
  2. Red
  3. Blue
  4. Green
  5. Dark Zelda
  6. Purple/ Blonde
  7. ?
  8. ?
What else is relevant? Pink= OoT? White=Godess Clothes?:confused:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You guys can't just ditch the green costume…..

1. Default
  2. Red
  3. Blue
  4. Green
  5. Dark Zelda
  6. Purple/ Blonde
  7. ?
  8. ?
Male villager sure does :troll:

I admit I forgot it, but it's the most underwhelming color for Zelda in Brawl. It's not OoT. It's not looking good as Red, Blue and Black. It's just TP Zelda... In green.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So yeah, It looks like we already know 5 of her color swaps already. Question is what are the other three. Well, one is bound to be the Green team colors. So what's the chance of seeing Hilda or an updated White costume? Because, those are the first ones that come to mind.

1. Normal
2. Red
3. Blue
4. Violet w/ Blonde Hair
5. Black w/ White Hair

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I wonder if Team colors are still a thing. On 3DS, you simply have colored outline, but I don't think it's necessary to be bound to a color on WiiU. Even Co-op matches do not have colors, and it's just fine.

Also, in the Amiibo trailer, we can see a Brown Mii teaming up with Bowser, but maybe that's just for the video.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I wonder if Team colors are still a thing. On 3DS, you simply have colored outline, but I don't think it's necessary to be bound to a color on WiiU. Even Co-op matches do not have colors, and it's just fine.

Also, in the Amiibo trailer, we can see a Brown Mii teaming up with Bowser, but maybe that's just for the video.
I like the green dress, it has a pretty color...
I mean we'll know in like a week and a half right, when the 3DS version comes out. I'm honestly at the point of where speculating is useless but still fun.
My true vote, as stated before is Hilda. Link Between Worlds came out right when they would have been planning out some of this stuff, so it would work. Also something I would like to point, Samus's zero suit outfit (the one that exposes her stomach) was developed pretty late in development... so....
upload_2014-9-4_6-59-0.jpeg

OUR QUEEN LIVES!!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Skyward Sword outfit. Needs to happen or I'm disappointed in Sakurai forever.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I like the green dress, it has a pretty color...
Well, it's just that green is not my favorite color (this doesn't mean I don't like Link, by the way), and that the green dress was clearly less creative than the blue and red one. I hope it will be better this time!

Adreeyen

Smash Rookie
I don't really care for the look of SS Zelda, so I wouldn't mind if it wasn't included, but I do think there needs to be at least one alternate costume for Zelda that isn't OoT. The Hyrule Warriors look would be ideal, but I wouldn't count on it.

Btw, hi everyone! :drshrug:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I don't really care for the look of SS Zelda, so I wouldn't mind if it wasn't included, but I do think there needs to be at least one alternate costume for Zelda that isn't OoT. The Hyrule Warriors look would be ideal, but I wouldn't count on it.

Btw, hi everyone! :drshrug:
Welcome to Smash Boards~ You'll love it here.
As long as Zelda get ANY alt costume I'll be pleased. We just need something to mix it up a bit.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's just that green is not my favorite color (this doesn't mean I don't like Link, by the way), and that the green dress was clearly less creative than the blue and red one. I hope it will be better this time!
Actually the green costume is a reference to a special ending of Zelda NES, If you don't collect rings then Zelda shows up in a green dress as opposed to red.

I don't understand why you would say it's less creative than the others when the red and blue are just as lame.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Actually the green costume is a reference to a special ending of Zelda NES, If you don't collect rings then Zelda shows up in a green dress as opposed to red.

I don't understand why you would say it's less creative than the others when the red and blue are just as lame.
I know it's a reference, but Blue, Red and Black try to add something new, it's not just the TP Dress with the purple part in green. The other ones tries to differentiate from the default one by adding a blue dress opposed to the white part, the gloves become sleeves on the red one, the black one add white hair...

Of course, I know there's some details that are different, the green one have a little gold on it, but... It doesn't feel as good as the red and blue ones.

Add the fact I don't really like the green color and bam, you get the least good alt to me. While I like the white alt from Melee, it's the downside of Zelda's alt on this game: they are not creative enough.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would much rather have SS Zelda as alt over HW Zelda ^^''

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I know it's a reference, but Blue, Red and Black try to add something new, it's not just the TP Dress with the purple part in green. The other ones tries to differentiate from the default one by adding a blue dress opposed to the white part, the gloves become sleeves on the red one, the black one add white hair…
Then it's not creative anymore if it's already been done:troll:

Of course, I know there's some details that are different, the green one have a little gold on it, but... It doesn't feel as good as the red and blue ones.
Less is more sometimes..

Add the fact I don't really like the green color and bam, you get the least good alt to me. While I like the white alt from Melee, it's the downside of Zelda's alt on this game: they are not creative enough.
Yes, they are mostly all boring.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Then it's not creative anymore if it's already been done:troll:
Then it's not respected as it's a full green dress :troll: Of course, the dresses are inspired, but the green looks less inspired.

Less is more sometimes..
Well, it's just that I want alt colors that are really differents from the default one. There's no need for a ton of details: the black one is doing well, for exemple.

I just want a full green dress, I guess :troll:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Then it's not respected as it's a full green dress :troll: Of course, the dresses are inspired, but the green looks less inspired.

Well, it's just that I want alt colors that are really differents from the default one. There's no need for a ton of details: the black one is doing well, for exemple.

I just want a full green dress, I guess :troll:

Green is definately my favourite pallet swap out of the team battle 3 (red, blue, green)

Blue was too dark, and I find the white part coloured blue makes it ugly. It was much better in melee.
Red I have never liked.
But it's all opinion. SOoo they should just leave them be and make the new 2 better.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Green is definately my favourite pallet swap out of the team battle 3 (red, blue, green)

Blue was too dark, and I find the white part coloured blue makes it ugly. It was much better in melee.
Red I have never liked.
But it's all opinion. SOoo they should just leave them be and make the new 2 better.
Red and blue were slightly tweaked (I remember that the red one now have red/pink jewels), same goes for the Black one.

Also, I like the blue one because it's a dark blue :awesome:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Red and blue were slightly tweaked (I remember that the red one now have red/pink jewels), same goes for the Black one.

Also, I like the blue one because it's a dark blue :awesome:
Which I find funny since it's supposed to be a reference to the ALTP costume, and the red is supposed to reference NES Zelda which is odd considering her official artwork...

Original_Zelda.png

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think that if those are references, they are loosely based on the dresses. It's like the dark one being hooded Zelda... I don't really believe it.

Oh, also:

Now THAT'S what I call a simple design.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Its funny how a lot of people like Zelda's red, blue and black dresses because of the bottom part being the same colour as the top.

lol thats why I didn't like those alts.:awesome:

Melee alts ftw...

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I think that if those are references, they are loosely based on the dresses. It's like the dark one being hooded Zelda... I don't really believe it.

Oh, also:

Now THAT'S what I call a simple design.
Those are (probably) unofficial, why else would Zelda get sleeves if her artwork didn't show it? Maybe they used the artwork (pictured below) but the color of the sprite(red)?
Original_Zelda Red.png

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Those are (probably) unofficial, why else would Zelda get sleeves if her artwork didn't show it? Maybe they used the artwork (pictured below) but the color of the sprite(red)?
View attachment 24083
That's a good point. I never really thought about the origins of Zelda's alts (especially red, blue and green).
To be honest I didn't think they did base those colours off anything. I just assumed they needed red, blue and green dresses for team purposes.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I also think they aren't based on anything. It just happen that there's blue, red and green dresses as well.

For example, Dark Zelda is said to be based on her black cape, but to me, it's just to match Dark Link. Same goes for Grandpadorf.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I also think they aren't based on anything. It just happen that there's blue, red and green dresses as well.

For example, Dark Zelda is said to be based on her black cape, but to me, it's just to match Dark Link. Same goes for Grandpadorf.
I honestly don't know how legitimate the sources of this information are. But I like to believe that they're references to past games.

Top Bottom