• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZELDA UPDATE :No Twiight Change but there is SHEIK

Arean

Smash Ace
Brawl Central has yet again updated their website.

NOW WITH CLEARER PICTURES

Heres the info we got from Brawl Central

"Zelda's Final Smash is the "Light Arrow" It delivers massive damage to whoever is line up with the shot horizonatally.

FS: (hikari no yumiya) light bow and arrow
Description: Fired from a side stance it penetrates any opponent directly in its line of fire delivering high damage.
Point: The penetrating force also has the ability to break through opponents' shields.

Neutral: (neeru no ai) Nayru's love
Up: (furoru no kaze) Farore's wind
Side: (dein no honoo) Din's flame (fire)
Down: TRANSFORM

THE ZELDA UPDATE WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR..... Sheik

So we waited for nearly 7 months and finally we get our zelda update.... the graphical upgrade of sheik. Now rejoice for the irony of our patience. So much for the overshadows...

Anyways... the only thing they have in common is their "pigtail" and this time.. sheik has grown some boobs lol

Arean

Smash Ace
Oh boy... now we need to wait for a zelda update in the dojo @__@

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Sheik de-confirmed yet again :(
EDIT: Yes, finally Sheik. Let's also hope for a Zelda update this week.

Arean

Smash Ace
at least this makes me excited for a zelda update in the dojo... Id be disappointed though if sakurai wont show her down special. More sad if they reveal her final smash on which we already know of.... What the hell is sakurai hiding anyways....?

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Maybe those are the Japanese names for the moves? Couldn't they re-name the moves to match Twilight Princess for North American and European audiences? I thought it was a great idea to have them named after the TP deities, it would actually seem like kinda a shame to have it stay the old way.

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
Doesn't that more or less tell us that Shiek ix in? I mean seriously, why else would they cover it up so god-beaver-dam well?
Well if the other moves didn't change and they put it in the cards... Why should Sheik be any different?

It has to be something new! If it was just the design of Sheik, it could appear the name of the move, and we would be left wondering..

I still think my theory is correct:

Zelda: So next is my update right? When are you telling them that Sheik is out?
Sakurai: But Zelda you have to understand! Snake and Zamus final smashes' come first ... I'm now going on alphabetical order...
Zelda: But...
Sakurai: And now there's Olimar...then it's Ridley...Oh And I have to make sure they know how to recover again! By the way, do they know Metaknight's special moves? Hmm better be safe than sorry...
Zelda: And what about my fans?!
Sakurai: *Evil laugh* Do you think you have any?! Seriously! Get real Zelda! The only thing people liked you was because you could turn into a ninja! Now that that is gone... pfff... I don't even know why I put you in...

*Zelda does her final smash*

Sakurai: Ok ok you're next! Geez I don't even know why I gave you the strongest final smash in the game...even after I buffed your moves so much...
Don't worry darling, you're next friday ok?

*Alarm goes off*

Sakurai: Oh noes! Some random noob who just visited the site is having doubts about Metaknight's special moves... sorry Zelda... next time I promise!

Zelda: I maybe pacient and all, after all I've been so much time locked in that tower waiting for a wolf, that I even learned my grandmother's spells that she taught the faries, so they could reach the ancient hero (though I never figured that shikukah training or whatever..sigh.. she was a crazy old woman indeed ) *randm thought* I must try her hair color...I hope nobody confuses me with her though... ups... off topic

But as I was saying I maybe pacient, but I want my update NOW! Unless you want me to summon the godesses and then you'll have to deal with them yourself...oh they won't like the way you've been treating me though! MUHAHAHAHA

Sakurai: Sure Zelda...I can be good!.... (Just for that... Oh, you'll pay... hihihihihi) --> No more special down B move :O it does absolutly nothing... I guess the card has all the info >_>

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Why would they rename the spells anyway...? I mean deities..., goddesses... In the end it's the goddesses that bestow power to the beings in their realm.

Neutral: (neeru no ai) Nayru's love
Up: (furoru no kaze) Farore's wind
Side: (dein no honoo) Din's flame (fire)
Down: **not listed**

So this means... they are Ocarina of time moves yet again... sigh...
Those were already all confirmed previously anyway. And the bad thing about Zelda having those moves is what, exactly?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
So Zelda not having 4 Special moves doesn't confirm that they are hiding her down b?

I believe Shiek is back and they just keep hiding it.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Well, it's safe to say we all knew the Light Arrows were here Final Smash with the blurry image. However, it is INCREDIBLY nice to see an acurate translation: Din's Flame v.s. Eldin's Flame was starting to bug me. Who translated the "ELDIN" stuff anyway?

Anyway, PsychoIncarnate, I'm pretty sure Pappioll meant that Sheik is NO LONGER confirmed, not deconfirmed. I think he just meant that he's happy Sheik isn't considered for certain, seeing as how people have been jumping the gun a lot.

Anyway, I don't know how acurate Corocoro is anyway. So I'm only going to trust the Dojo updates 100%.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I dislike people who have the opinion of suggesting that all of the downB secrecy only makes Sheik more likely.

It can be the other way around also, all this secrecy could make another move more likely as well.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
well, they DID have the image for zelda's FS, which the dojo has yet to provide.

I believe that Corocoro is indeed a pretty reliable source

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding me?
How the HELL did they get Twilight change considering it wasn't even there!?

They just said that to get people riled up and used Zelda's FS to suggest that they were right.
They lied. :/

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding me?
How the HELL did they get Twilight change considering it wasn't even there!?

They just said that to get people riled up and used Zelda's FS to suggest that they were right.
They lied. :/
umm,,.

brawlcentral is the non-reliable source. it was that site who apparently "translated" the cards.

i was talking about Corocoro.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
CoroCoro didn't mention Twilight Change at all.
The whole Twilight Change was Brawlcentral's doing.

There was no mention of her downB NOR Sheik in corocoro.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I've gotta say, the number of people who are taking the complete lack of Sheik in everything SSBB so far as an indication that she's as good as confirmed is making me really want Sheik to just disappear from the game, so I can laugh at you all. I myself want Sheik in, but my god this subject has gotten irritating lately.

Glad to see we now have the real information on the Corocoro matter. Too bad it still doesn't tell us the full story on Zelda and (highly subsequently) Sheik.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
BrawlCentral didn't lie, they looked in japanese forums to see if anyone had the info, and someone said they did, they followed that hunch. But that person was lying.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Its STILL their fault.
What site company takes advice from anything but the REAL sources?

Being head of a big site, I wouldn't just take advice from just ANYONE who said they knew the answers, escpecially when it involves a big thing such as the Zelda/Sheik duo.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Its STILL their fault.

Being head of a big site, I wouldn't just take advice from just ANYONE who said they knew the answers, escpecially when it involves a big thing such as the Zelda/Sheik duo.
And THIS is what's making me question everything.

Brawl central is getting the info from the Japanese forum who's getting it from Corocoro who's getting it from WHERE?

What it is:
Us --> Brawl Central --> Japanese Forum --> Corocoro --> Who-knows-where.

Do you see? It's like one big game of telephone, online. If ONE person screws something up, the rest suffer.

What it should be:
Us --> Dojo

Period.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Its STILL their fault.

I concur!

Really, that whole thing was done unbecoming of a wannbe news site. Not only where they spreading around that blurred up FS pic, they where also trying to "tweak" another crap pic of Char's card that they couldn't read instead of just waiting for good pics to surface.

Really, taking the words of some Japanese fan forum as a "confirmation" is as about as logical as someone assuming Sakurai said "There will be no clones in brawl" just cause everyone here says he said it. Unless you have a actually relieable source you should keep calling it speculation. This is a prime example of how taking some forum's members as a source is never a good idea.

Now where are we? The Zelda fanbase here is all worked up over nothing. . .
But hey, I never even knew of the site before hand let alone trusted them as a creditable source for brawl info. It's just a fan-site that gives it's own spin on news.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
Stipulation, be my valantine. Could have not said it better.
Olimar being confirmed and updated before Zelda can't be good for Sheik, cause if she had the same moveset it'd just be posted, makes actually more sense than keeping her 7 freaking months without update to show the same : D I don't mind Sheik in, but I'm all against her overshadowing Zelda again.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Of course Sheik is deconfirmed. Sheik was at some point semi-confirmed, but the source that had 'confirmed' it has been proven to be lying, thus deconfirmation. It's really not a hard concept.

Does this mean Sheik will not be returning? Of course not, it just means as of now, Sheik is not in Brawl. It's simple english, really.

I think this is rather good news for us, we already knew the goddess spells were returning, Sheik isn't that huge of a secret really so why hide her down-b?

And on a different note, I was TOTALLY right about how her FS works.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Gah, who made up this twilight change BS anyway it got this board all riled up. Also the light spirit names I liked them but yeah whatever their the same. I like the clearer light arrow picture though.

Anywho so apparently the final version of the game is going to be playable at that Whooby 08 thing it is only speculation though. If this is true, hopefully it means maybe in a couple hours we will finally know Zelda's down B and basically all we want to know about her playstyle (buffs, nerfs, etc).

Luthien

Smash Ace
"Update: The Zelda information we posted originally was off by one detail, but all other previous info we posted was 100% true. This new info is confirmed by a good source that we used to confirm last month's CoroCoro, so it doesn't get much safer than this. Again, we apologize for this one piece of info that was unconfirmed. Just rememebr that weve been 100% correct on everything else, so there's no need to doubt any other pieces of our info."

I just had to post this for pure hilariousness.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
YESSSSSSSS
I am expecting very much from this Wooby thing.
I want a full character impression on Zelda, what her downb is, how her final smash works, strategies and the like.

I have very high hopes.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Who said the full thing was playable?
BRAWLCENTRAL!?

If I were them, I would be worried about creditability. They simply keep saying things to keep us on the edge and reading.

Top Bottom