• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
why are all these old posters who've come back are always surprised that this thread is still alive? Don't they know sass is forever?

:150:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
The glory days... has it really been that long? Feels like it's only been a few months.

In reality it's been a few years....

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aww, I just found out that D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is basically dead. SWERY left Access Games and Access Games still holds the rights to D4. Kind of wondered what the story would have ended up as since it seemed interesting. Oh well...

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Freddy lost by only a FEW POINTS. If just a few more flags were used we would've won. :[ Also wow Leo beat Xander, didn't expect that.
I guess I'll go on Leo's team?

Edit: So I was looking around for my classic Coffee Ghirahim picture and Google led me to page 462 of this social where I didn't find the picture BUT I did find Maxy's 2015 Valentine's Day cards.
Someone say this to someone face to face and tell me their reaction.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning this Pokemon is not competitively viable in Smogon/VGC. How's everyone doing? :4pikachu:

Got up way later then I anticipated, but I probably needed the sleep. Also just waiting on for GAMERS! to air later today, wondering what games they'll have in there next. Other then Puzzles & Dragons (Still can't get over the OP for the show, it even references Smash Wii U).

Holy cow the thread is alive. I miss being in here all the time.

Just paying a visit to the old place I called home. Howdy ya'll
The glory days... has it really been that long? Feels like it's only been a few months.

In reality it's been a few years....
Ayy! It's good to see you again! How's your law course doing btw? I've finished my current course on Design back in late May/early June. So now I'm just chilling and waiting till October for my next course to start. Did you manage to watch some of the tournaments while you were studying? Since Salem managed to win EVO and Dreamhack over ZeRo. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Just summoned a +spd -atk Summer Corrin.

This one is way better than my original +res -spd Corrin, so I'll merge the old one into this new one

The -atk doesn't hurt her as much as other units since Flier buffs + Blárblade are dumb

I also got a random Aqua, but she's -atk (the one I use is +atk -res), so I'll just use this one as SI fodder

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I did it
Hector and Klein were devoured by Berkut in honor of his UNCLEEEEEE
So now he has DC, Bonfire, and Quick Riposte
And since I don't wanna grind for 10 years for SP I'm gonna level and promote another Berkut then merge wooo

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
gorl, you only get like 120 sp for merging 5* units, which is like nothing

grinding doesn't take that long if you do it during the double sp days (so tomorrow and saturday)

i've been grinding SP without the double event on my Summer Corrin and that **** is painful

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
gorl, you only get like 120 sp for merging 5* units, which is like nothing

grinding doesn't take that long if you do it during the double sp days (so tomorrow and saturday)

i've been grinding SP without the double event on my Summer Corrin and that **** is painful
I meant I was gonna merge into the newly promoted Berkut so I'll start at level 1 again and get way more SP through levels
I don't really have the time to grind all day during the weekends since I work

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I meant I was gonna merge into the newly promoted Berkut so I'll start at level 1 again and get way more SP through levels
I don't really have the time to grind all day during the weekends since I work
you shold split up the skills between two berkuts and level them up seperately, learn the skills then merge them. or you can train up your 3 star berkut.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, training that particular group of units was a bit annoying. Barst, Matthew, and Sophia managed to be a slivers off of being level 40. Whatever, they're level 40 now and I don't have to worry about them except Barst who needs to be a 4*. 4* neutral Sophia having 40 total attack is such a relief compared to -Atk Sophia having 37 total attack. Also, +Atk Abel and Fae are level 40 too.

So, that leaves neutral Barst, Draug, Hana, Navarre, neutral Niles, and in the future, Clive and Valter as freebies that aren't level 40 4* units. Guess I'll pick some of them to train tomorrow since Elise is locked in for extra, extra SP.

Should probably get a 4 Navarres defense team going on too just for kicks. :p

Quick edit: Closer shots at Cordy and F!Robin in Warriors: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/0...look-at-the-lovely-cordelia-and-robin-female/.

Cordy is a helicopter too. :p

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
you should split up the skills between two berkuts and level them up separately, learn the skills then merge them

Yeah, this is the best way, but i didn't suggest it because it sounded like he already taught all of the skills to a single berkut

but for future reference, if any of you gorls are planning on doing an si-heavy build and you have a couple copies of the unit, using this method will save you from grinding forever for sp at level 40

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Yeah, this is the best way, but i didn't suggest it because it sounded like he already taught all of the skills to a single berkut

but for future reference, if any of you gorls are planning on doing an si-heavy build and you have a couple copies of the unit, using this method will save you from grinding forever for sp at level 40
I'l also add on that this works regardless of rarity. I did this with 4* and 5* Masked Lucina and was able to get all of her skills easily with 400 SP extra when I did it on double SP weekend.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
you shold split up the skills between two berkuts and level them up seperately, learn the skills then merge them. or you can train up your 3 star berkut.

I put all of the skills on my current 5 Star Level 40 Berkut (who already had all his default skills), taught him what I could with the SP he had, then merged him into my newly promoted Berkut to start over at level 1

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You gorls ever have those times where there's games you want to be playing but you're having a hard time motivating yourself to start?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
You gorls ever have those times where there's games you want to be playing but you're having a hard time motivating yourself to start?
Usually like 90% of the time when it comes to replaying old games lol

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My Flier Emblem team is now completely finished
  • For reference, Cordelia is +atk -res, Palla is +spd -res, Corrin is +spd -atk, and Cherche is +atk -hp
  • I guess I'm technically not done yet since Corrin needs Blárblade+, but that's pretty insignificant. Maybe I'll give her goad/hone, too.
  • I think I'll make Cherche into a 4* +10 instead of promoting her to 5* tbh.
  • Next, I'm going to train up Tsubaki and Belka as alternate units I can use since all of my gorls are super frail and I need someone bulky.
  • My most wanted unit atm is a +atk Caeda, even if she's worse than Palla.
  • And yes, I did sacrifice Katarina to Corrin because Katarina is nasty (wtf is that awful hair), and I hated her.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And yes, I did sacrifice Katarina to Corrin because Katarina is nasty (wtf is that awful hair), and I hated her.
No... I could have used that Katarina... and I like her hair too. ;_;

Anyway, Ubisoft released some more Mario + Rabbids gameplay with developer commentary and it really looks fun. It's just so stupid that it works. My only wonder is if they'll do DLC and have characters like Waluigi and Wario. Having Wabbid versions of them would be appropriate too. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if there's a juggernaut like character which Wario could fit as. There are tanks and paladin-like characters, but I don't think there's a character who's job is to do pure damage while also soaking up damage. He'd have to have extremely crappy movement and range, but that would fit him. Not sure what Waluigi would be. Perhaps a stealth and more offensive version of Luigi who's more of a support sniper?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Katarina is arguably the best red mage right now, state wise at least. If Celica's tome wasn't so awesome it wouldn't really be a competion imo.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Katarina is arguably the best red mage right now, state wise at least. If Celica's tome wasn't so awesome it wouldn't really be a competion imo.

On top of that, Katarina has severe confidence issues; everything she does is just to make you proud of her.

She'd be fine with sacrificing herself if it just meant that it made you happy; that's how dependent she is on the Summoner's approval.

Lorde Lorde has no heart.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lorde Lorde has no heart.
well, yeah, that's a given

but tharja and katarina have the same offensive spread (32/34), the katarina i had was something random like +def -hp, and I already have a full SI Tharja, so I didn't really need that heaux

besides, the only differences between them are that tharja has higher hp and def while katarina has a lot higher res

i also really don't like katarina's appearance in general, so it was an easy decision to throw her in the dumpster where she belongs

i'm not going to use a unit that i don't like just because he/she is good

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh boy, the Chain Challenges (Paralogues) aren't that hard and I now have 24 orbs. Let's use them to try and get summer F!Corrin. Terrible decision. Just terrible.

4* Bartre: +Spd, -Def. Uh... Yeah, one of these two 4* Bartres is about to get sacked for Brash Assault 3 for +Atk, -Spd Chrom.

3* Florina: +Def, -Atk. You are definitely not the blue flyer I was looking for...

3* Niles: +Atk, -Res. If only you were -Def. If only since -Res defeats your purpose of being a magic tanking murderer.

4* Serra: +Spd, -Def.

3* Virion: +HP, -Atk.

At least I got Serra back? :teeth:

Seriously, though, it's nice having Serra again. I miss her and that leaves Nowi, Roy, and kind of Hana as units I haven't summoned from my first file.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The way Serra speaks reminds me of films and shows from the 60's and before. Sort of like I Love Lucy and other shows around that time. I don't know how to describe it, but the way actresses spoke during that time period was very peculiar and Serra's way of speaking has that peculiarity except for her unused special quotes where she pretty much drops the act and talks like most people nowadays.

I want a version of Serra who's a combat unit. Maybe something ironic like a wyvern rider Serra who's forced to be in the thick of things. :p

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I can't believe it.

The secret to beating the Ch. 11 and Ch. 12 Chain Challenge was . . .

close counter azama

the amount of tanking he can do on a defensive tile is amazing

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Ash's Greninja lost to this mains. How's everyone doing? :4charizard:

Just checking through some of the highlight clips from HBox's stream and Larry's. HBox managed to perfectly sync up Shooting Stars with a Little Mac combo he was watching from Styles' The Salt Is Real 50. It was pretty dope. :secretkpop:

And I saw Episode 3 of GAMERS! yesterday, they made a reference to the 3DS and StreetPass. Just waiting to see what other video games they'll parody/reference in Episode 4. :V

And speaking of anime, I saw the promotional art that Crunchyroll has of The Devil Is A Part-Timer!. Holy crap is it baaaaad. Not the show (It was pretty good), the promo art of the anime is REALLY bad. You have to see for yourself on how bad it is.

Also, a bit late on this; but Cordelia and Female Robin are confirmed to be playable in Fire Emblem Warriors, though I'm predicting Female Robin will just be an alternate skin just like how she was in Smash.

Since Tilk Tilk has finally come back. I'll leave a double bill of yuri for her. :secretkpop:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay we need to talk about Splatoon 2 and how it has a hidden "Trash Simulator" mode.
It's called using the Tri Slosher.
I'm just gonna copy paste some messages from my Line Splat 2 chat. Also note that we went into a 4 person league where all of us used the Tri Slosher.
Me said:
I like how in less than 12 hours, I went from level 27 to 32, C+ in SZ to B+, C+ in TC to B, and B- in RM to A+, ALL THANKS TO THIS STUPID PLASTIC BUCKET
(Side note, I also skipped A- RM, went from B+ straight to A because I was winning so much :secretkpop:
Me said:
I can't even aim I'm laughing so hard [at how well this is 4 Tri Slosher comp is working], which luckily you don't need with this thing!
Me said:
You know a 3v4 is still balanced if 1 of the 3 is using a Tri Slosher and is keeping the other team dead the whole game.
Not me said:
I don't even remember getting that many splats wut is this.
Not me said:
Tri sloshers are fun cause they are so easy lmfao
But yeah, this thing splats in 2 hits (2 hits no matter what, in Splat 1 the side shots did less damage. This game it's 62 damage no matter the distance or how far away from the center they are), fires extremely fast, has AS MUCH RANGE AS THE DYNAMO ROLLER'S GROUNDED FLICK, and has Ink Armor which negates a few hits for your entire team (think of Bubbler from the first game, except that your teammates don't need to be near you to get the shield. They can be on the complete opposite side of the map and will still get the armor). Also it almost never runs out of ink.
This happened while we were playing:
IMG_20170803_172555.jpg

Yep, all 8 players using the Tri Slosher. This isn't even that uncommon, regardless of the mode OR maps. Also after that game I may or may not have said "I'm laughing so hard it hurts as much as when I had Pneumonia." just because WHY IS A TEAM OF 4 PLASTIC BUCKETS THE META IN A SHOOTER
Even in the wild of Ranked with randoms, this thing destroys entire towns singlehandedly.
1501840688210.jpg

I had 2 game where I had 28 splats. WHYYYYYYY I'M BARELY AIMIMG AT ANYONE
Ninty fix ur game.
Also buff useless stuff like the Goo Tuber (less range and longer charge time compared to the default charger with honestly no upsides) and the Flingza Roller (the weapon itself is a bit underwhelming but balanced, the main problem is what is a roller going to use a Splash Wall for).

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
was playing around with this and then

BAN•ZELDA

ok ill go back to being dead now

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I want Minerva so badly

I've been waiting since the flier gauntlet to get her

I've also been training up Tsubaki and I really like him. I had a random 5* Lukas wth bad IVs that I sacrificed to Tsubaki for his Killer Lance+. He also has Bonfire and QR, so he's kinda terrifying. I'm doing basically the same set on my Belka, too

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Earth Defense Force is so stupid and awesome. I don't watch streams a lot and haven't until now for Proton Jon's FFV Four Job Fiesta run, but apparently he played that game about a year ago and it was archived on YouTube. It's so dumb. The game is basically monster B-movie the game. The goal in the game is just kill a ton of monsters you'd find from old monster films like kaiju, giant alien robots, UFOs, and giant insects and spiders. Weapons come in all flavors of mass destruction and you can even pilot a freaking Gundam. Also, hilarious physics and voice acting.

Anyway, got around to leveling summer Elise today and she's all right considering Nino and +Spd Soren are pretty similar to her. I love how her giant twintails just swing back and forth when's standing around. I don't remember if regular Elise's twintails do that. Also, her map select quotes are fun too. She will sometimes scream "YAY!" loudly. That being said, totally not comfortable with her. It's just weird having Elise in a swimsuit, especially when her art makes her look really young compared to her regular art. I'd find it easier to explain summer Xander in all his chiseled glory, everyone from the spring banner, or someone like Camilla than summer Elise. Eh... I feel like there might be a lot of misunderstandings if someone just looked over and saw her on my phone. Probably just going to level up her up and sit her in some corner near a beach.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Tsu is the Best mains. How's everyone doing? :4lucario:

Just done some rounds today and a quick nap. Waiting for My Hero Academia's 31st episode to air (Technically 30th since I'm a freenium user. smh. :secretkpop: ).

Also completely forgot that Smash Factor 6 is this weekend. Though I'll be more focused on Super Smash Con. :yeahboi:

Didn't you know? Ryu's secretly Low Tier. :secretkpop:

Speaking of which. I've been thinking of which characters I'd like to see do really well or get more rep. I'd mainly like to see Zelda, Duck Hunt, Lucina and Shulk get more representation and do well in tournaments. I know Duck Hunt does really well in Japanese Tournaments (Thanks to Raito who also did phenomenally well in the US Tournaments too) and that Nicko does great at WNF and MSM with Shulk. But I'd love to see these characters just get more appreciation and usage.

Translation:
Kyouko: Yui-sama~ Yui-sama~ Rum raisin. Give me your rum raisin.
Yui: Let go of me first.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Morning Tsu is the Best mains. How's everyone doing? :4lucario:

Just done some rounds today and a quick nap. Waiting for My Hero Academia's 31st episode to air (Technically 30th since I'm a freenium user. smh. :secretkpop: ).

Also completely forgot that Smash Factor 6 is this weekend. Though I'll be more focused on Super Smash Con. :yeahboi:

Didn't you know? Ryu's secretly Low Tier. :secretkpop:

Speaking of which. I've been thinking of which characters I'd like to see do really well or get more rep. I'd mainly like to see Zelda, Duck Hunt, Lucina and Shulk get more representation and do well in tournaments. I know Duck Hunt does really well in Japanese Tournaments (Thanks to Raito who also did phenomenally well in the US Tournaments too) and that Nicko does great at WNF and MSM with Shulk. But I'd love to see these characters just get more appreciation and usage.

Translation:
Kyouko: Yui-sama~ Yui-sama~ Rum raisin. Give me your rum raisin.
Yui: Let go of me first.
I'd love to see some good Shulk gameplay in a big event. Unfortunately he's just not too common :c

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
It was 0% when he originally linked it lol
Hm, so as time goes on things get crazier? Sounds just like life.
i'm 100% convinced that it's 6% because some of them either felt bad or wanted to just **** with the potential memes
You just brought back the amazing few minutes I had once reading the reviews of Cory In The House on Nintendo DS. It was funny as hell.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I want Minerva so badly
Oh hey, you got her judging from who your leader is on the friends list. Anyway, isn't Fortify Fliers kind of redundant on Minerva when she has Ward Fliers? Considering there's only 2 flying mages and both are seasonal making them more difficult to get both unless you were really lucky or whaled hard, you could probably get away with just two fliers with Fortify and Hone Fliers while the other run Goad or Ward Fliers for a -blade tome flying mage.

That and Moonbow and QR is kind of weird for Minerva if she's keeping L&D3. She'd get more enemy phase wins with Luna, Draconic Aura, or even Bonfire while having L&D3 than with Moonbow. If you're going offensive, maybe she should have a -breaker instead. And personally, I'd go with DA for offense even though Moonbow every combat is cool and all, maybe she wouldn't need it if she hits hard enough.

Top Bottom