• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

So today's Finals are for Periods 3 & 7, 3rd hour being my P.E class and 7th being Lunch, and neither have a Final, so it looks like i'm off today...

D

Deleted member

Anyone here wanna play a few matches? It's been a while since I've played any of you gorls :p

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Is it just me or does Male Corrin's icon make him look kind of like the Anguished One from Devil Survivor 2?
:4corrin: image.png

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Having an intense debate with myself to whether I should finally get that Mario Kart 8 DLC or buy Cloud + something else for ~$5. Uuugh

I suppose I could just choose to join Smash...

Last edited:

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Anyone here wanna play a few matches? It's been a while since I've played any of you gorls :p
Hey DanDan, just finished breakfast, I'd love to play a few games! Adding you now. NNID is Geliaron, need to update that in my profile.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm loving Cloud SOOO much! I feel like I'll be playing this character until the game ends. It's so nice to have Limit Break and make people come to me for a change (as a Doc and Mario player, I never got too familiar with this feeling of TRUE CONTROL!)

Character feels really good, I doubt he'll ever be totally irrelevant. Recovery is poop without Limit but if you camp on-stage and play solid enough + good meter management, you'll always have a trump card ready.

The movement bonus you get from having active limit is just SCARY too. EZ CROSSUPS FOR DAYS and better juggling with a Uair that I don't think anyone in the game can challenge? Yes I'll take it!

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm loving Cloud SOOO much! I feel like I'll be playing this character until the game ends. It's so nice to have Limit Break and make people come to me for a change (as a Doc and Mario player, I never got too familiar with this feeling of TRUE CONTROL!)

Character feels really good, I doubt he'll ever be totally irrelevant. Recovery is poop without Limit but if you camp on-stage and play solid enough + good meter management, you'll always have a trump card ready.

The movement bonus you get from having active limit is just SCARY too. EZ CROSSUPS FOR DAYS and better juggling with a Uair that I don't think anyone in the game can challenge? Yes I'll take it!
You honestly can't land anywhere on BF without getting naired, it is truly a nuisance.

D

Deleted member

It was a pleasure playing with you! I think I know when I've been had, though :p Some of those Jigglypuff confirms are nasty haha
Good games amigo! You're the first Cloud user i've ever played and I literally did not know what to do at first LOL. I liked your Zelda a lot! Even after a year of this game being released, it still surprises me how fast FW can kill Jiggs ;-;

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Page 44444

I have traveled to the future. It must be some mysterious gorl power that this thread holds. Such power seems like it can do much more. No matter what though. I shall read every page until the end. To discover the secret of the gorl.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I just discovered that a couple characters got actual walk and run speed increases.

Those characters were Lucario and MewTwo.

They actually went as far as to improve movement speed in a patch,

and in a game where :4zelda: exists,

They pick two characters who in no way need or deserve run and walk speed buffs. Lucario even got freaking air speed buffs!?

They HAVE to have had a reason to pay :4jigglypuff::4samus::4zelda: complete dusT in 1.1.3, and that reason better be megabuffs in a Corrin/Bayonetta patch in February.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I just discovered that a couple characters got actual walk and run speed increases.

They pick two characters who in no way need or deserve run and walk speed buffs. Lucario even got freaking air speed buffs!?

They HAVE to have had a reason to pay :4jigglypuff::4samus::4zelda: complete dusT in 1.1.3, and that reason better be megabuffs in a Corrin/Bayonetta patch in February.
It's because Jab -> Light Arrow is a confirmed combo for Zelda from 0% to like pretty much every reasonable %. And she can break Smash Balls with the super broken Din's Fire from a distance, AND in one shot.

That's why Zelda's jab is the slowest in the game. That's why Zelda is super slow. It all makes sense, to make sure nobody can wrongfully abuse her supreme powers.

BAN•ZELDA

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's because Jab -> Light Arrow is a confirmed combo for Zelda from 0% to like pretty much every reasonable %. And she can break Smash Balls with the super broken Din's Fire from a distance, AND in one shot.

That's why Zelda's jab is the slowest in the game. That's why Zelda is super slow. It all makes sense, to make sure nobody can wrongfully abuse her supreme powers.

BAN•ZELDA
LMAO

Also I see that Corrin. Guess I gotta rock the "SBFeet" tag when I lab Corrin and assuredly do videos on him/her/DURAGON. Char looks fun.

In the meantime I'm enjoying Cloud, and I think my serious competitive character picks are gonna be Mario/Cloud. Cloud is just so damn fun to move around with and he feels good to PLAY. He's just...perfect. He's perfect for me.

upload_2015-12-17_12-32-21.png

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just decided to have some Brunch for today, since I got up pretty late. Might have a snack later on just in case.

Also, to sum up your avatar. Pretty cool.
:secretkpop:

Btw, I'm trying to think of a clip to submit to EMG for their Play of the Week series. Which video do you girls think I should submit? I'm thinking of one where I made the hardest of reads on @Koiba on Halberd with a fully charged USmash with Bowser. But that clip is from 1.1.0, so I dunno whether to post one that I had against TTTTTsd TTTTTsd in a Lucina & Doc MU or not.
I still to this day don't know why I think you're British... Also, why not Festive Master Asia? 'Cause I wanted a shirtless, MANLY, and festive avatar. So, shirtless, muscular, MANLY Santa will do. :p

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here feeling that Bayonetta will become my guilty pleasure... I don't want to be in a bad romance! *cue Bad Romance by Lady Gaga*

Fun fact: All the DLC characters released so far and judging by trailers are all faster than Falco in some, multiple ways... I think they're all faster in air speed and run speed while some just make him look like Ganondorf... ROY!!! Here is how I feel right now.

Zelda at least has average air speed, but bad air mobility. Not as bad as Little Mac and Ryu, but still... Meanwhile, Mewtwo's air speed was recently found to be faster than Roy's, but he has terrible air mobility... Why can't Zelda have that? It would let her move around instead of dawdling around awkwardly in a dress... And then we're remind of something: she wears pants under her dress. Go like Red in Transistor and rip that dress! Boost her run speed from 1.3 to 1.6 or something!

For Falco... Seriously, just restore his run speed to Melee's 1.5. It's real stupid to be running at 1.472 and be 0.028 off the damn mark! It'd be one pointless change, but it would be one less dumb thing to deal with. Air speed... My word! Why should Fox have a more average air speed? He freaking runs so damn fast while Falco moves like a slug! Hell, just do the opposite of Mewtwo and make his air mobility ridiculously high and maybe reduce his air speed.

Freaking Lucario and Mewtwo... Did they ever complain about mobility issues!? No. Then you have Dr. Mario, Falco, Kirby, Robin, and Zelda lamenting about moving slower than an armored man carrying a hand-and-half sword, an obese man, and little kids. Blargh.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Fun fact: All the DLC characters released so far and judging by trailers are all faster than Falco in some, multiple ways... I think they're all faster in air speed and run speed while some just make him look like Ganondorf... ROY!!! Here is how I feel right now.

Zelda at least has average air speed, but bad air mobility. Not as bad as Little Mac and Ryu, but still... Meanwhile, Mewtwo's air speed was recently found to be faster than Roy's, but he has terrible air mobility... Why can't Zelda have that? It would let her move around instead of dawdling around awkwardly in a dress... And then we're remind of something: she wears pants under her dress. Go like Red in Transistor and rip that dress! Boost her run speed from 1.3 to 1.6 or something!

For Falco... Seriously, just restore his run speed to Melee's 1.5. It's real stupid to be running at 1.472 and be 0.028 off the damn mark! It'd be one pointless change, but it would be one less dumb thing to deal with. Air speed... My word! Why should Fox have a more average air speed? He freaking runs so damn fast while Falco moves like a slug! Hell, just do the opposite of Mewtwo and make his air mobility ridiculously high and maybe reduce his air speed.

Freaking Lucario and Mewtwo... Did they ever complain about mobility issues!? No. Then you have Dr. Mario, Falco, Kirby, Robin, and Zelda lamenting about moving slower than an armored man carrying a hand-and-half sword, an obese man, and little kids. Blargh.
I'll join in the *****ing. I wish Link would get mobility buffs and a frame 5 jab. IDK how the developers think Cloud can have a frame 4 jab and amazing mobility but Link's fine with a frame 7 jab as his fastest ground attack and bad ground and air speed.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'll join in the *****ing. I wish Link would get mobility buffs and a frame 5 jab. IDK how the developers think Cloud can have a frame 4 jab and amazing mobility but Link's fine with a frame 7 jab as his fastest ground attack and bad ground and air speed.
Sakurai is a Cloud fanboy and was butthurt when his blonde edgelord lost the Death Battle years ago. As a result, he utilized his "Sakurai bias" powers to prompt his fellow designers to make Cloud [slightly] better than Link in every way.

I would know since a friend of mine is Sakurai's long-lost nephew.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Link at least uses his sword for a jab like Roy... Meanwhile, Shulk, Ganondorf, Wario, and Zelda. Also, apparently, Kirby had a run speed increase from 1.5 to 1.568-ish... Can Falco join the 1.5 run speed club now that there's an opening!? Hell, if Kirby gets to run that fast, Falco should be able to run as fast as Ryu.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Link at least uses his sword for a jab like Roy... Meanwhile, Shulk, Ganondorf, Wario, and Zelda. Also, apparently, Kirby had a run speed increase from 1.5 to 1.568-ish... Can Falco join the 1.5 run speed club now that there's an opening!? Hell, if Kirby gets to run that fast, Falco should be able to run as fast as Ryu.
Hey...

What is wrong with non-sword jabs? :4myfriends:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hey...

What is wrong with non-sword jabs? :4myfriends:
That for whatever reason they're slower that weapon-based ones? Ike wasn't mentioned because he has an average-speed jab compared to who knows why it takes Zelda 11 frames to figure out how to stick her hand out. Then you have Cloud kicking faster, just a little bit faster, than Shulk who despite being a scientist? can't figure out basic motions like making a fist and punching.

Edit: Data found to be incorrect.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
That for whatever reason they're slower that weapon-based ones? Ike wasn't mentioned because he has an average-speed jab compared to who knows why it takes Zelda 11 frames to figure out how to stick her hand out. Then you have Cloud kicking faster, just a little bit faster, than Shulk who despite being a scientist? can't figure out basic motions like making a fist and punching.

Edit: Data found to be incorrect.
Whenever she uses magic, it takes a bit to do anything. Hence why her only non-magic attacks (Dtilt/Dsmash) has reasonable speed. So that's clearly what they were going for. Lkicks come out faster to make her actually kinda useful, since slow start up on those would factually make her the worst character instead of just bottom 5-7. Ay least they KINDA know how to balance. maybe??? idk

TBH, they should give her twinkle toes/extended reach for her Dsmash. It's literally her only good on-the-fly kill move since it has an actually threatening KB angle. Most of her other moves send opponents at angles to help keep them alive longer unless used at edges of stages. like srsly sackorye?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Maybe they gave up trying to make them good. :secretkpop:

Or maybe they're not sure how to buff them anymore, similar to how they don't know how else to nerf Sheik and Rosalinda without ruining their design philosophy.

Now that I think about it, I think this is the first balance patch where Zelda was completely untouched, actually.

D

Deleted member

Maybe they gave up trying to make them good. :secretkpop:

Or maybe they're not sure how to buff them anymore, similar to how they don't know how else to nerf Sheik and Rosalinda without ruining their design philosophy.

Now that I think about it, I think this is the first balance patch where Zelda was completely untouched, actually.
Can we give Jiggs Melee Rest kill percent back pls :^) At least make every Rest a Star or Screen KO. I want some of her moves to speed up, those moves being Dsmash and Uair. This is almost never gonna happen, but I want Jigglypuff's Rollout knockback to be equivalent to the knockback it has when it's used on a slope. The speed is fine as it is tbh.

Now that I think about it, I'm a little hurt Daddy Sakurai never answered the Jigglypuff prayer I spent my time working on ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707

And down dies the Bayonetta and Corrin hype.

It was fun guys. 'Twas truly fun.

Does anyone else remember when Wii Fit and Mega Man were announced? The hype for them was NOTHING compared to the recent DLC annoucements.

Then again, who actually got excited for Wii Fit trai- PUT YOUR HAND DOWN.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was 1000x more hyped for Mega Man than Corrin.

I never played the Bayonetta games or really cared about her being included or not before the direct, but it's clear they put a lot of work into her. The character looks amazing both aesthetically and in terms of moveset/capability.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I really like Fire Emblem and I was just confused. I think you have to either be a die hard Corrin fan or have a Phil footish to be excited about Corrin.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I really like Fire Emblem and I was just confused. I think you have to either be a die hard Corrin fan or have a Phil footish to be excited about Corrin.
I'm just going to leave this right here.

k thx bai

Last edited:
Top Bottom