• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I got a few games myself with people that got him (I'm a dollar short -_-) and miisword's dair can be evil in this MU

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I've managed to download Cloud, and he doesn't seem too bad. Although I think I won't be maining him at all. Will probably main Corrin along with Lucina. May give Bayonetta a shot too when they both come out in two months time.

Also, a 1/8 Scale Painted Figure I purchased from Amazon came through today. :yeahboi:

Looks pretty nice, I kinda don't want to take it out of its packaging.

Remember everyone.
Project M was shut down for this to exist.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I got some great wifi games in vs someone better than me. I learned a lot. IMO cloud feels mid-tier. He has good specials but I think the more people learn the MU the less he'll get away with.
I think he's mid-high myself. Semantics aside I think he's really close to being super good but his flaws kinda hold him back. Despite all this I think he's a solid character who can do what he has to. Limit Break will always force approaches and his gameplan will likely always work on the sole nature of it being so volatile + the invul frames and general reliability of his Limit Break kill moves.

That being said, he has his problems so.....meh. I think he's the most fun Swordsman to play in the game though! Fun enough that I'm playing him alongside Doc and Mario now....yay!

Also funny that he's mid (potentially high, I could see it happening) tier in this game, he was about Mid tier in another fighting game he was in, Ehrgeiz or however you spell it.

Pretty neat.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think it's waaaaay too early for a tier list assessment. What I noticed was that charging Limit Break forces an approach, but once he has his Limit Break it forces you to respect him because Finishing Touch is broken. You have to try to bait out the FT or make him use the Limit Break on his recovery.

Also, when I was trying to see how broken FT was.
100% rage fresh KOs Ganon at 43%

:)

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I looked up on the Patch Note changes on the SSBWiki.

Apparently, Zelda got a damage buff for the loop for Nayru's Love. And she travels further from doing the Elevator after a Midair Jump.

And Phantom Slash's damage got reduced from 26 → 24.

I can't say for sure about Nayru's damage buff and distance buff. I'll need to further test this.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I looked up on the Patch Note changes on the SSBWiki.

Apparently, Zelda got a damage buff for the loop for Nayru's Love. And she travels further from doing the Elevator after a Midair Jump.

And Phantom Slash's damage got reduced from 26 → 24.

I can't say for sure about Nayru's damage buff and distance buff. I'll need to further test this.
The Nayru's Love buff is true, it used to do 8% total if you hit with the back of it. Now it's 11%. Phantom nerf is also true and the midair Farore's does seem to go farther. These seem to be legit.

Now
NOW
The Nayru's buffT is nice Sakurai. But why
WHY would you nerf ANYTHING about Zelda? Was Phantom somehow too strong? Was the fact that the 'windbox' buff turned it from a useless move to a move that we might use too much sass?

Last edited:
Hey gorls, back from my hiatus as my uni semester is pretty much finished~
Anything interesting happen while I was gone?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai saw that Sheik could gain more vertical height with jumps and Vanish
So he specifically made it so that Zelda matches or surpasses Sheik's vertical capability. I am 100% serious, I bet this is how Sakurai works.

Bayonetta is life

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I got ahead of myself and bought the Wii U bundle without checking to see if it had the 3DS with it, so now I get to spend more money! boo

Cloud's jab seems like Pac-Man's in that it's better than it looks on paper and makes a good keep-away tool. My first experience against him showed that he kind of has Wario status where he doesn't need to approach 99% of the time.

Finishing Touch has this amusing windbox, and the actual hitbox seems to hit higher up than farther out. LB Blade Beam is pretty weenie for a supposed super projectile and its main redeeming quality is that it's transcendent. LB side-B is strong and good at catching ledge getups but you can fall out/DI out (?) of it, I've done it before. LB Climhazzard can kill so don't forget that. His DAir is similar to Link's.

Either Villager struggles against Cloud or my Villager does. When I'm in control as Villager he's super fun but usually the opponent is patient and forces me to play along. His lack of mobility and good options from dash is upsetting. I WANT TO BE AGRESSIVE DANG IT. You can bucket Blade Beam which is a massive relief.

Corrin setting in aggravates me a little since FE has already had a DLC character and then brings the total of series reps to six. But the concept looks interesting so we'll see. I'm inherently more interested in reps from previously unused series. Bayonetta looks crazy, didn't really expect her to get in given the... content... of her source games but since Platinum Games is, I believe, a second-party company of Nintendo there's some logic to it. She looks potentially overpowered with free damage, combos to the blast zone, and a Clock-effect counter, but we'll have to see when she's released.

I think that good experiences could be had by releasing more DLC eventually but that'all probably not happen now. Not sure about patches. Either way this is a good game and I'm glad Sakurai, Sora, and Nintendo made it.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
@EOE's already found some Cloud combos. :yeahboi:

And Coney bodied Pink Fresh in a Top 8 Cloud Tournament at Xanadu. 0-to-death. To which point, he gets karma'd on from Pink Fresh grabbing him, throwing him off stage, stage-spikes him, then footstools.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4mewtwo: fair>dtilt>fair>fair>fair is just pixels away from displaying as a combo on Sheik

I hope his fair's size gets buffed again next patch, would be the most cathartic combo ever

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Can only hope this game keeps its hype and excitement after Baeyonetta's and Kamui's release.
I'll be playing this game a lot more now that :4bayonetta:is in. One day I can hopefully work up the nerve to go to a tournament of some kind. :cheep:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I kinda hate Cloud is so camp-happy and fast. Fighting him is like fighting a more annoying Wario... And his Limit Break shenanigans are REAL BS. On the plus side, a Fair dunk is super fun, so playing as him isn't too unbearable. Also, double UpB dunks easier than Ike's UpB McKnightlíght McKnightlíght ~ uhuhuhu~

Videos of the day!
REACTION TO NOT GETTING ANYTHING USEFUL/A PHANTOM NERF(???) AT 0:56

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I didn't think I'd come back to see the social this… Er…

Alive! Yeah. Alive…. Yup.

No seriously. Where did everyone go? Salty about Bayo?

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Tilk Tilk hey gorl. Yeah we have had plenty of our own newcomers. Like, everyone here is loving Bayonetta. Just ask Lorde Lorde :secretkpop:

Oh I believe it. I did backflips when I saw that trailer. My room mate ran out of the room practically screaming, she was so happy.

Sakurai, you've done it again.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Was she more hyped for your waifu Corrin? Or your waifu Bayonetta? :secretkpop:
Actually, now that you mention it, I couldn't tell if those were tears of happiness on her face or tears of anguish. I actually voted for Bayo. She voted for Shantae… So I have no idea what she's thinking actually. She didn't want to talk the rest of the night and she's at work. XD

And eh… Bayo is pretty attractive I guess. Love her hair from Bayo 2 and her as a character. Not waifu material, although my friends have poked fun at me about that before.

My waifu wouldn't be in Smash of all places.

And was I the only one who was dying laughing at the Tails and Knuckles costumes? XD

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
.You know Cloud is eerily similar to Swordfighter in a lot of ways

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
When Bayonetta comes I'm going to drop Zelda so hard and be like

...at least for a while. We all know we can't abandon Zeldawful completely:secretkpop:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'm sure you can all guess what I think about Wolf not returning, but believe it or not, something good did come out of his absence.

Had Wolf been in the base game, I never would have found this site.

Had Wolf taken Lucas's spot, I never would have joined this site.

Had everyone in the old Wolf thread not get so depressed over the Roy and Ryu leak, I never would have posted there to cheer everyone up and eventually venture out to other parts of this site, which would eventually lead to me finding this thread.

Basically, had Wolf been in the game, I wouldn't be here.

I joined this site to support Wolf's return to smash, and while that goal ended in failure, this thread and everyone here more than made up for that failure.

I know that there are some people who are leaving this site either because of speculation ending, or because of pure salt over the chosen characters.

Me? I'm not going anywhere. I've gained way too much from being here and I ain't going to throw it all away despite smash 4 being dead to me.

So while Wolf's absence was devastating (hence why it took me so long to write all this), I found this thread instead and I think overall, it was a worthy trade. I love this thread and it's thanks to all you awesome gurls here who make this thread the best one on the site. I'm glad I found it and I wouldn't trade all the hours I've put into this thread for anything (to an extent of course).

This all might sound sentimental, but I need to get this out of my system and you all deserve to hear it anyway.

In the mean time, I'll be doing my best to rep the queen of sass in Melee to the best of my ability so at the very least, I'll be contributing indirectly to the BAN ZELDA movement.

tldr: Wolf's absence was a blessing in disguise. Didn't get Wolf, but I got this thread instead which made up for it.

So thanks a million, BAN•ZELDA, and stay sassy~:zeldamelee:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Tilk Tilk hey gorl. Yeah we have had plenty of our own newcomers. Like, everyone here is loving Bayonetta. Just ask Lorde Lorde :secretkpop:
Bayonetta is the true bæ.

Tbh I was going to quit Smash 4 if not for her announcement.

But now I'm going to be the sassiesT gorl around with both Zeldawful and Bayonetta.

Top Bottom