• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
So, no changes to Zelda at all (http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes-release-pending.425921/). Bowser, Kirby, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Lucas, Robin and others had plenty of changes but Zelda gets nothing...
I guess they really want Greninja to kill earlier lol. Base knockback buffs across the board for Smash attacks and Shadow Sneak.

I'm going to miss the Direct because I'll be taking my first final :(. Gonna try to not spoil myself and watch the whole thing when I get home even though I have another exam tomorrow I need to study for when I get home.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Those Kirby buffs... whoa...
Also they fixed Lucas' grab tysm Sakurai love ya ^_^ (Most likely still bad but it looks a lot better than before so I'LL TAKE IT.)
No Zeldawful buffs confirms that she will be removed from the game soon THANK YOU AGAIN SAKURAI

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If those new FAFs for Lucas' grab are accurate it's gonna be terrifying fighting him

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Are the patch notes spoiler-free? Cause I keep hearing about Kirby/Lucas buffs and I really wanna look. :O

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
be more specific

not really, there's a lot, but there are all small modifications. Uthrow is his only real change
Like, are new characters that were leaked listed in the Patch Notes? I wouldn't think they would be, but I wanna play it safe :026:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If those new FAFs for Lucas' grab are accurate it's gonna be terrifying fighting him
That reminds me... I have to update my recovery frames spreadsheet now... Let's see, if Lucas's st. grab total frames ends at frame 37... Is active from frames 12-19... He has 19 recovery frames to his old 31. That's just 6 more recovery frames than Greninja's, but with a crapton more range. Dash grab would be 26 and pivot would be 31 to the old versions' 39 and 36. Welp... I wonder what would happen if all the tether grabbers had lower total frames... *ZSS becomes SSS-tier*

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Like, are new characters that were leaked listed in the Patch Notes? I wouldn't think they would be, but I wanna play it safe :026:
no just :4cloud:
That reminds me... I have to update my recovery frames spreadsheet now... Let's see, if Lucas's st. grab total frames ends at frame 37... Is active from frames 12-19... He has 19 recovery frames. That's just 6 more recovery frames than Greninja's, but with a crapton more range. Dash grab would be 26 and pivot would be 31 to the old versions' 39 and 30. Welp... I wonder what would happen if all the tether grabbers had lower total frames... *ZSS becomes SSS-tier*
ew, gross thought

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
wow
wait the patch is out for some people? Are they just mining something they don't yet have? I need info

Literally nothing for Zeldaawful's hitboxes...?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Not for SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 . Gonna love them feet stomping all over you, right? :p
chiyo.png

wow
wait the patch is out for some people? Are they just mining something they don't yet have? I need info

Dataminers doing work pretty much

but yeah seems like if we're getting anything at all, it will just be FAF changes

my guess is that we'll suffer more ending lag after phantom tbh :^)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yay for :4kirby:/:4lucas:buffs~ Maybe I can actually grab now ooh boy.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
wow

extract files off of some source that isn't the game itself or some jargon
nothing about FAFs or landing lag yet mind you
Greninja kills earlier now
other then uthrow -> Fspecial. I really don't see those changes killing more then 1-3% earlier

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'll take whatever I can, it's not like Greninja needed buffs in the first place.

Falco better get landing lag or total frame reductions, dammit! *Falco ends up being the only character outside of Cloud for obvious reasons to have no changes at all in 1.1.3*

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Apparently gunner's dsmash had some change to it. I'll have to play around with it once thr update drops to see if it messes with anything

Also why does my phone think gamefaqs is an 18+ adult website?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'll wait till the end of the Broadcast to see what kind of concrete changes have been made.

But from what people have dug up. Glad to see Bowser, Lucina & Shulk all got buffs.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm actually getting really afraid of fighting Bowser now lol

But man those Lucas grab buffs, I hope those are accurate because goddamn that's huge.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In other unrelated angry Ffamran news: Dammit, @elusiveTranscendent! I can't stop listening to Battle Against a True Hero! And you extended it too!

Edit: Also, Falco already had a losing MU against Bowser and DK. More setups he probably won't be able to escape or die hella early is just more salt in the wound.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Videos of the day...?

I'll take whatever I can, it's not like Greninja needed buffs in the first place.
Greninja stole Zelder's buffs! Rude.

Also, Lucas did not need any buffs. :T

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Was anybody nerfed? Because it looks like everything is a buff.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's okay guys, my main probably didn't get any buffs either. Unless they decided to cut his landing lag but I doubt it. I should make a list of tweaks that should be made/I would like for his moves, it's pretty long sadly.

Link getting damage buffs made me roll my eyes, it's really not what he needed. But it'll make fighting him even more annoying.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
UThrow -> 20% Nair
Yeah this'll be terrifying too if it works.

At low percents that uthrow'll have nothing for kb so it probably will

Lucario's Aura Sphere kills slightly later and has less hitlag.
speculation is those are the looping hits to get rid of the 'shield lock'
It's definitely the charging hits that were affected, the charging hits launched 80° while the actual projectile uses either the Sakurai angle or 47° depending on charge level.

The charge getting a steeper angle and less KB also means it'll be harder to DI out of followups on hit though, so it was nerfed against shields but buffed for combos.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Omg electroshock buffs

Yay

Now electroshock might not be tr4sh and might be more viable then Zelda :secretkpop:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I should be working right now.
But I rather wait for the video and work in a hurry through the evening/night.
:196:

Top Bottom