• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
December 15th is the day where Cloud the bed-hair swordsman joins the battle. Although we really give no f***s about him, another cloud of uncertainty arises tomorrow.

Adding a new character in the game will most likely lead to changes in gameplay. A balance patch, as people call it. However, it has come to attention that one character seems to be quite brutally treated in the smash community. This character has been called “cheap”, “broken”, and needs “zero skill”. We all know who I’m talking about.

Zero Suit Samus has been the talk of the whole community for ages, and the most requested character to get nerfed. But why? This character has never received many significant changes since the first release of the Wii U version of Smash 4, and yet… NOW people want to suddenly start pouring salt around? Zamus has done nothing wrong, and still hasn’t done anything to merit all the heat she’s been receiving.

How can people think a character with a grab coming out at frame 16 to be a broken character? This limits her OoS options, which were further hampered by the new shield stun mechanics. This makes it almost impossible for Zero Suit to leave her shield and succumb to the pressure of high tier characters like Link and Lucas, who have ridiculous and broken projectile options. Her paralyzer, like her grab, also suffers immense ending lag, more than a second of cooldown. For someone who is supposed to be very fast, agile and slim like the perfect body she has, why does she lag so much? The fact that she is so punishable after using one of her few best options she has is completely unfair and should be properly addressed in the next balance patch.

“But she has amazing throw follow-ups!” people cry. But look, if you can’t even get the grab in the first place, how will you ever do those combos? Zamus will be too busy being stuck in shield eating bombs, or getting dash grabbed that covers half a screen away from the likes of Craptain Falcon. Not to mention Zero Suit Samus has a non-existent neutral game. This argument is simply quite poor.

Finally, her kill options are weak, inconsistent, and frankly, punishable if missed. People drop out of her Fsmash. Her UpB never connects properly whenever you need it. And when you finally get that Dsmash, it seems like getting the DownB is only down to luck to make sure it connects. Remember when Nairo missed his Dsmash followup, which costed him the entire game AND the set against ZeRo? How is a character that can’t even finish her food properly considered OP? Did I mention that her recovery is very susceptible to stupid jank like get-up attack stage spikes and balloons in TC and SV messing up her DownB? Zero Suit Samus is a broken character, yes. But broken in that none of her s*** works, and is overall a fundamentally flawed character.

“All ZSS players are bad.”- FoCus 2015

These are the words of a Sheik player who uses an unfair character that completely bodies poor Zero Suit Samus players. The MU is so disgusting I would suggest that the ESRB change the Smash 4 rating to M for Mature when a ZSS vs Sheik match happens for domination without consent. This character gets no results, and the players with such good taste in waifu and main her unfortunately struggle and are considered “bad” to the top tier hoggers because ZSS is so poor.

We want a fair game. But to get a fair game, we need to treat every situation fairly. But the community is frankly not making this happen. We need your help.

Tonight, we must gather together with the BUFF•ZSS tag, and show the world that this trash tier character needs the buffs she deserves to be a contender. By using this tag, you show that you have supreme taste in waifus and that you have converted to loving this girl with natural beauty and a perfect body. Your support will be blessed by the waifu gods from high above. I’m sure of it. Let’s make a difference together.
:O A modern prophet has spoken! Come, comrades! We must march to BUFF•ZSS and BAN•ZELDA for the sake of justice and a brighter future for the next generation!

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
So, uh.... final DLC character(s) for tomorrow's direct were leaked.

HYPED AF

Also, I believe I share the same viewpoints as Waifu God/@Nairo does on this:
It's been my dream to play as ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-MANRAYYY

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It's weird, I have zero hype for this. I'm just waiting to see what's going to be revealed.
Jesus himself is revealed as a fighter with the blurb "Jesus nails the competition!" Just in time for Christmas~

He would fight like the manly Crusader from DFO a magical holy girl, ofc.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Cloud is it. Nobody else. Zero. Zip. Nada.
Has your hype and temptation died out yet?
All this talk about new characters... Meanwhile Santa Claus told me HE HASN'T HEARD ENOUGH CHILDREN PRAY FOR ZELDA BUFFS YET!!

You'd better hurry up and pray gurls!

*prays for Melee lightning kicks*

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Not that long now till the broadcast. :yeahboi:
And decided to get up earlier, since my stomach wasn't feeling that good. Had a shower, breakfast, the usual. And saw that Really Feelin' It series by Distant Kingdom.

Very dedicated Shulk main. :3

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Jesus himself is revealed as a fighter with the blurb "Jesus nails the competition!" Just in time for Christmas~

He would fight like the manly Crusader from DFO a magical holy girl, ofc.
I'm not sure if I should be offended or.....

What is my other option?

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
All this talk about new characters... Meanwhile Santa Claus told me HE HASN'T HEARD ENOUGH CHILDREN PRAY FOR ZELDA BUFFS YET!!

You'd better hurry up and pray gurls!

*prays for Melee lightning kicks*
Sis, I've been praying for Zelda buffs since last year. Hopefully, whatever buffs she gets at least pushes her into mid tier.
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
Evening~

I've deleted 217 ****ing spam threads. I counted.

D

Deleted member

@Koiba and any other Jigglypuff mains.

LET US PRAY ONE FINAL TIME FOR #JIGGLYBUFFS

:4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff:

OUR FATHER (SAKURAI)
WHO ART IN HEAVEN/NINTENDO
HALLOWED BY THY GAME.
THY KINGDOM COME,
THY WILL BE DONE IN EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR UPDATES,
AND FORGIVE US OUR LEAKS,
AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO HAVE LEAKED AGAINST US.
LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION
BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL,

AMEN.
:4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff:
(i tried making this prayer good ;-; )

Last edited by a moderator:

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
Hello sisters! I am working on a really cool video that shows off Zelda and Falco! I played some amazing opponents the other day too!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So I noticed this the other day

Unlike Link's down air attack, Toon Link's doesn't bounce up when it hits a foe. If you try to dunk someone with it, you're gonna have a bad time.
Did Sans write this?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

oh do tell, or just giving me a link would be lovely. I've only heard about the mii stuff and that this would be a balance patch
Whaaat don't look at the leaks gorl, there's only 7 hours left! :O

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh I forgot to tell you gorls something that happened yesterday!
So I decided that I would go solo-Zelda the next monthly I go to since she's the only character I'm semi-good at and haven't soloed at a monthly yet. So I played against a friend on WiFi for practice.
First game I won, nothing special.
Second game I got him to 100% on his last stock and I had 100% still on my first stock. He did something to KO me, and when I respawned, he ran off the stage so I won. He texted back saying "I'm done playing with you."
SAKURAI PLEASE ANNOUNCE ZELDA'S REMOVAL FROM THE GAME TODAY
SAVE PEOPLE LIKE THIS POOR SOUL FROM THE TERROR THAT IS ZELDA

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Gamefaqs is going insane because Undertale is about to win the "Best.Game.Ever." award and I love it so much.
(I haven't actually played Undertale but I've heard a lot of good things about it. :D )

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Best game ever? Can we at least give it a year before we decide how long it will hold up?

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Honestly I think this poll is only reflective of what's popular right now. That's why Undertale is pretty much decimating every game it goes up against. But the way I see it, the impact of Undertale on gamers will really show in the next few years. "Classic" games make it quite far in the polls each time despite some of them being almost 20 years old. Will the same happen with Undertale in the years to come? Or will it just end up being the next L-Block of BGE 2015?

Either way, regardless of what I think it doesn't really matter to me in the end. Bless the poor souls who are actually taking a GameFAQs poll (or just GF in general lmao) seriously.

frest123

Smash Cadet
So Zelda didn't get any buffs at all this time... That's just sad... But it doesn't have to be! I'm dropping her for Zard (or maybe Bowser because if I understand his buffs right, his Uthrow is now a freakish kill throw)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Meanwhile, I'm sitting here wondering why Falco's jab wasn't changed unless the data miners haven't got to there yet... I sure love getting Naired, Rested, and Shoryuken'd in the face for doing a regular freaking jab. I'm not even going for mixups most of the time, but nope, anyone can jump out and kill you.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
remember gorls when you feel down

just remember that jigglypuff is still the same character from over a year ago

then you'll feel better

frest123

Smash Cadet
Hardt
remember gorls when you feel down

just remember that jigglypuff is still the same character from over a year ago

then you'll feel better
Hard to argue with that. *cries for puff mains*

On a side note:

I've been using Zelda in battles with Smash ball turned on lately and am starting to understand why some of her options are so weak.... She can true combo jab into Light Arrow and her dins/lightning kick wreck the smash ball with ease...

Since balance from Sakurai's eyes is seen from all modes of the game, I guess Zelda really is perfect the way she is..... :/

Top Bottom