• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I found the next AlMoStLeGeNdArY

a Samus main that states that

-Samus is mid
-Everything a top player says is correct
-Tether Grab's are better than kill throws

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Stale Cupcakes is the best song in Animal Crossing, hands down. Two Days Ago, K.K. Lament, K.K. Ballad, and Bubblegum K.K. are all fantastic, too.

Steep Hill is also good, but only the live version. The aircheck version is trash.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Does he follow Eventhubs? 'Cause DK is still last and Bowser Jr. is #37... Falco is above Ike... I'll find a way to erase Eventhubs from existence... One day.
I got curious, so I checked that place again. There's no way Zelda is better than DK or Wario. Metaknight being that low is a crime. I wish Roy was 8th place good.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I got curious, so I checked that place again. There's no way Zelda is better than DK or Wario. Metaknight being that low is a crime. I wish Roy was 8th place good.
Oh, Eventhubs, how your nostalgia makes me want to laugh and cry in pain at the same time...
Read the last comment.

My head hurts from this incredibly incomprehensible logic. To think that it really is these kind of people that contribute to the Rosalina MU thread--

Please don't talk about Eventhubs. Their charts and MU ratios are too dumb for me to even understand

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Please don't talk about Eventhubs. Their charts and MU ratios are too dumb for me to even understand
Nah, instead I'll post this again.
Screenshot_2015-04-15-23-21-44.png

NEVER FORGET THAT ZELDA WAS ONCE TOP 10.
BAN•EVENTHUBS

I bet someone thought I was going to say BAN•ZELDA

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
"Hey, at the very least Mewtwo isn't 99.9% outclassed by another character :^)"
"dark pit has the worst hair in the game he needs a haircut and some shampoo from l'oreal for that greasy long hair eww :^)"
"DPit does nothing that Pit can't do better."
"He's the least viable character because he has the fewest amount of niches in the game"

Among other things. ;)
zelda tree gif.gif

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Things aren't looking so good. Got into a heated argument on Skype with virtually every internet person I would remotely consider a 'friend,' and family issues are getting even worse.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. And I don't know if I have the strength to pull myself out.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Things aren't looking so good. Got into a heated argument on Skype with virtually every internet person I would remotely consider a 'friend,' and family issues are getting even worse.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. And I don't know if I have the strength to pull myself out.
Ow, well just know that these things usually manage to sort themselves out. Stay positive

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Nah, instead I'll post this again.
View attachment 69378
NEVER FORGET THAT ZELDA WAS ONCE TOP 10.
BAN•EVENTHUBS

I bet someone thought I was going to say BAN•ZELDA
Why is Dark Pit 4th and Pit 21 places below him? Isn't Pit just ever so slightly better? Sorry Koiba

This list looks like it was utterly random. I shudder at the thought of someone getting their tier list ideas from Eventhubs. But then I just realized, Eventhubs is community voted. THIS IS WHAT THE AVERAGE SMASHER THINKS??

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
This is coming from the guy who put Robin over Diddy. He also said Samus is good. He didn't even put Greninja in Top 20. Also those tier lists that have Lucina and Marth 2-3 tiers apart should be invalidated immediately.
I was reading the comments for laughs and I choked when I read "Let's give Faeroe's wind a millennium of lag in midair to make you reflect on just how bad you ****ed up."

There is no fading glory greater than that of a whiffed FW Elevator. Time seems to slow as you glide ever so slowly towards your inevitable demise. And you think to yourself. "Why didn't I just fmash? Why didn't I just up smash? WHY DIDN'T I JUST GRAB?!"

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Why is Dark Pit 4th and Pit 21 places below him? Isn't Pit just ever so slightly better? Sorry Koiba

This list looks like it was utterly random. I shudder at the thought of someone getting their tier list ideas from Eventhubs. But then I just realized, Eventhubs is community voted. THIS IS WHAT THE AVERAGE SMASHER THINKS??
Well, I remember back during the Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate days before Last Round reset the list, the tier placements were arguably accurate. The top tiers were in the right place as well as the mids, but the low tiers seemed off, not that anyone really played them anyways. That was coming from a game where everyone thinks of jiggle physics when there actually is a decent competitive community that actually cares about the game that you wouldn't know about unless you played it. It can be assumed that those were the people voting on EventHubs, not the player that only wanted to unlock the special swimsuits and have fun in picture mode. As for Smash, because it's also seen as a "party" game and not just a fighter, you probably have all sorts of uneducated people with horribly low skill ceilings ruining the "tier list" which is supposed to be based off of just 1v1 (and/ 2v2), and not every other game mode with items as well.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I was reading the comments for laughs and I choked when I read "Let's give Faeroe's wind a millennium of lag in midair to make you reflect on just how bad you ****ed up."

There is no fading glory greater than that of a whiffed FW Elevator. Time seems to slow as you glide ever so slowly towards your inevitable demise. And you think to yourself. "Why didn't I just fmash? Why didn't I just up smash? WHY DIDN'T I JUST GRAB?!"
Now I need a video of a whiffed FW Elevator to "Mmmmmmm Watch'ya saaaaaaayyy"

Like, some gorl has to make that happen.

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
The 90,000th K.... @ kaazers kaazers they've outdone us.
(for anyone that doesn't know my old social had a thing where you would steal the "K" which was every thousanth post)
Ahhhh...fond memories. As for being outdone...C'mon, just look at this place: we know it was gonna happen sooner rather than later, heh.

Anyway, it's about 12 AM your time so I'll just say it here and now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICK.

edit: Oh, wow. Stole a page while I was at it. Noice.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Ahhhh...fond memories. As for being outdone...C'mon, just look at this place: we know it was gonna happen sooner rather than later, heh.

Anyway, it's about 12 AM your time so I'll just say it here and now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICK.

edit: Oh, wow. Stole a page while I was at it. Noice.
Of course. Of course you had to steal a page coming in here. YOU AND TWI ARE JUST

But thanks so much! :bluejump:
---------------------------------
So I think I ended up getting somewhere around...6th or so? The bracket isn't done and I suck at reading them but here http://challonge.com/GG35
Used Zelda, as usual. People are slowly starting to understand that she can do nasty things. I also used the BAN•ZELDA tag in friendlies and directed them to the KYM page. :secretkpop:

I just realized that I only went 2-0 or 0-2 in my matches.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh the Pit/Dark Pit boards finally merged.
How long ago did that happen, I almost never leave this social.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Now I need a video of a whiffed FW Elevator to "Mmmmmmm Watch'ya saaaaaaayyy"

Like, some gorl has to make that happen.
Our very own SBPhiloz already made a consolation prize. Sort of.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Do you ever go to the PM Zelda boards to realize that even in the hands of player creators and community input, she still cannot allowed to be anything beyond average to below average?

I should not have gone there. It's so full of shiettttt and only serves to heighten my blood pressure, haha.

The up hill battle continues to be our destiny.

Sigh.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Do you ever go to the PM Zelda boards to realize that even in the hands of player creators and community input, she still cannot allowed to be anything beyond average to below average?

I should not have gone there. It's so full of shiettttt and only serves to heighten my blood pressure, haha.

The up hill battle continues to be our destiny.

Sigh.
Just took a dip over there and it looks like she's getting massive across the board buffs. Better hitboxes, higher %s, etc.

Though maybe I wouldn't main her if she was top tier, honestly. My secondaries are Palutena and Samus. 90% of my favorite pokemon are bug/flying typed. I mained Karma mid in League before the rework, I liked the undead race best in WCIII, Zerg in SC2. Shadow priest in wow. Witch Doctor in D3. Priest in Hearthstone... (in case you haven't played some/any of these games, the races/classes I've listed are all the bottom garbage.)

I've basically mained the bottom tier of life.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I actually can't imagine Zelda being anything better than Mid tier in any Smash game. It's like it's wired into my brain that she'll forever be either bad or mediocre.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm just saying that it would be really weird if she was considered "good". Not that she can't be good.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I actually can't imagine Zelda being anything better than Mid tier in any Smash game. It's like it's wired into my brain that she'll forever be either bad or mediocre.
I honestly feel like this is part of the reason for her placement in people's tier lists. I really don't believe she's bottom 5, or even 10 (or at least on the upper end of things) but her history makes it hard for people to see it in a new light. Thots (Tier Hos Over There) just look at her and see lag and her past iterations. Zero himself released a video saying he and Nairo both feel like she's way better than people give her credit for and it's more of a past Stigma. And if Zero said it, it has to be true.

R-right gorls :drshrug:?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I honestly feel like this is part of the reason for her placement in people's tier lists. I really don't believe she's bottom 5, or even 10 (or at least on the upper end of things) but her history makes it hard for people to see it in a new light. Thots (Tier Hos Over There) just look at her and see lag and her past iterations. Zero himself released a video saying he and Nairo both feel like she's way better than people give her credit for and it's more of a past Stigma. And if Zero said it, it has to be true.

Wait, ZeRo made one of those "Is x character really that bad" for Zelda? I'm gonna go watch that now.

Oh nvm I know what video you're talking about.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro

I don't know. I just don't get what Zelda is supposed to be. She's not very good at camping, her aerials hit hard but require extreme precision to get any reward and take forever to end. Her mobility is awful. Her grab is below average and her throws aren't anything special. Her range isn't anything to brag about. Her combos aren't really versatile. Even comparing her to other Smash 4 characters, I just don't see who she really beats. I have fun playing her occasionally, but I just don't understand what she's meant to do.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I don't know. I just don't get what Zelda is supposed to be. She's not very good at camping, her aerials hit hard but require extreme precision to get any reward and take forever to end. Her mobility is awful. Her grab is below average and her throws aren't anything special. Her range isn't anything to brag about. Her combos aren't really versatile. Even comparing her to other Smash 4 characters, I just don't see who she really beats. I have fun playing her occasionally, but I just don't understand what she's meant to do.
I know we counter the heck out of Ness even though everyone says otherwise (we can NL PK Fire even while we're being hit by it which denies 95% of his game so i don't know why people say he's a pain if someone could enlighten my ignorance) and heavy projectile users (Watching Samus KO herself at 40% is fun). Villager can't just slingshot and roid for days. I think she was their attempt at an anti-camping hard hitting 'light(er)' character that came out kinda eh. A jacklady of all trades but not really at all in any way since even our fsmash trades 1% and 0 knockback :yeahboi:. Does anybody have as many sweet spots as we do? I find myself noticing it a lot. Fair, bair, dair, dash attack, DF, even the phantom has a pseudo sweetspot for that sick double cut. And I swear Uair has a hidden sweet spot just above her palm.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I saw someone describe Zelda as a "Glass Sniper Rifle" instead of a Glass Cannon. I think that title fits her a bit better since it puts more emphasis on the precision required to "get the most cannon".

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:
Evening~

Other than feeling like I'm slowly dying on the inside. I've taken the time to replay all the main line Pokemon games.
----------------------------------------------------------
So it's like this:

Blue -> Yellow -> Gold -> Crystal -> Sapphire -> Emerald -> LeafGreen -> Diamond -> Platinum -> SoulSilver -> White -> Black2 -> X -> OmegaRuby

The reason I'm playing these is to have a better perspective on the series as a whole and see whether the criticism on some of these games are something that I agree with or not.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Evening~

Other than feeling like I'm slowly dying on the inside. I've taken the time to replay all the main line Pokemon games.
----------------------------------------------------------
So it's like this:

Blue -> Yellow -> Gold -> Crystal -> Sapphire -> Emerald -> LeafGreen -> Diamond -> Platinum -> SoulSilver -> White -> Black2 -> X -> OmegaRuby

The reason I'm playing these is to have a better perspective on the series as a whole and see whether the criticism on some of these games are something that I agree with or not.
Hope you get well soon again.

Funny that MatPat from Game Theory came up with the theory (which I actually believe to be true.) Is that XY and ORAS take place in a seperate universe/timeline from Gen 1 - 5. Since in RSE, Mega Evolution did not exist. But in ORAS, it does exist, so it makes me think that the 6th Gen games are in an alternate universe or timeline.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Hope you get well soon again.

Funny that MatPat from Game Theory came up with the theory (which I actually believe to be true.) Is that XY and ORAS take place in a seperate universe/timeline from Gen 1 - 5. Since in RSE, Mega Evolution did not exist. But in ORAS, it does exist, so it makes me think that the 6th Gen games are in an alternate universe or timeline.
Thanks for the kind words.

Yep, that theory is pretty much fact as it was alluded in OR/AS. It's a convenient way of explaining the absence of Mega Evolution in the earlier Pokemon games; lore wise.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I saw someone describe Zelda as a "Glass Sniper Rifle" instead of a Glass Cannon. I think that title fits her a bit better since it puts more emphasis on the precision required to "get the most cannon".
I was going to say this earlier, but that person stole my thoughts.

What a d bag

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
HELP zeldas, i couldn't beat an intelligent olimar player

i could write a whole paragraph about zelda having almost no tools against olimar, but that would be pointless as im sure those who faced a really good olimar will know what im talking about.

any advice? other than switching to pocket diddy which works but that's just not the same

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
HELP zeldas, i couldn't beat an intelligent olimar player

i could write a whole paragraph about zelda having almost no tools against olimar, but that would be pointless as im sure those who faced a really good olimar will know what im talking about.

any advice? other than switching to pocket diddy which works but that's just not the same

Get some weed killer to take out those Pikmin.

But seriously, I have no really knowledge on Olimar/Alph. Since I've hardly faced any. D:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Does anybody have as many sweet spots as we do? I find myself noticing it a lot. Fair, bair, dair, dash attack, DF, even the phantom has a pseudo sweetspot for that sick double cut. And I swear Uair has a hidden sweet spot just above her palm.
Marth and Roy?

Top Bottom