• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I guess I'll join the main talk.

:4wiifit: Still probably my best. I still need to learn a few techs and to land burial jab more often, as well as a few MU's like Olimar.

:4lucas: I either do really well or really terrible. I need to be more consistent. ;_;

:4zelda: A friend who only owns Melee 3 stocked my Zelda as Dr. Mario... Moving on!

:4miif::4miigun: I've kinda dropped Gunner, but can still do decently well.

:4tlink: Same as Gunner.

:4villagerf: Gorl I need to use you more, she's such a great character.

:4robinm: Also need to use more. Also I need to use Arcfire more when using him.

Characters I use for fun and suck with competitively are:
:4shulk::4lucina::rosalina::4darkpit::4miisword:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
And I'm getting bodied by complete trash.

And for once I'm not talking about Sheik. :V
Might end up calling Samus "U-Air Spam"

Last edited:
@ Rickster Rickster I'm not sure if I already said this, but HAPPY BIRFDAY ANYWAY!!!

What cool, new exciting things are awaiting you today?
-A New Car!?
-17 lbs of cake!?
-Cash refunded from that one gift your relative got you that was for 3 year olds!?
- @Antonykun !?

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Hmmm, Mains/Secondaries, eh?

:4zelda: - Best all around character for me because I've been playing her for... ten years now?
:4lucas:- Was hard to get the grasp of at first, but got great results once I learned how to play him well. Probably my second most competent character behind Zelda.
:4samus:- So, when does Samus get buffed? She'd be way better if she had some buffs, Sakurai. *hint hint* :rolleyes:
:4feroy:- My panic character against top tiers because his speed allows him to be able to keep up easier than others. I love showing up FG Roys hardcore because they have no idea how to play him correctly, ugh. Dash attack is not your bnb, neither is Fsmash or Flare Blade at every given opportunity to throw it out. Have you heard of "Nair"? :secretkpop:
:4olimar:- Because everyone hates fighting him and I like watching people suffer. The Pikmin are really cute but I feel bad when they die, just like when I play actual Pikmin (I genuinely feel bad).

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
May as well do it myself.

:4myfriends:My easy mode character. Okay, he's not the easiest character, but I played him since Brawl so I'm really used to him.

:4feroy:I really wish I was good with him. He feels so right, but his combos are kinda hard and sometimes it's really difficult to get things going because of that.

:4ryu:I do okay with him. Hard to get those Shoryuken combos at times.

:4lucina:Why do I even play her? I really forget, since Roy is way more fun and intuitive.

:4ganondorf:My style character. I played him with my friends in Brawl. Not very good with him though.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
@ Rickster Rickster

:4link: My best character. Good range, good projectiles, strong attacks, is fast if used correctly, a spike, a walking shield, alot of kill set ups, a lot of kill moves, can form a better wall then Robin, long grab, a tether recovery, a good dash attack and good launch defense. I didn't even list all the reasons Link is my main.

:4ness: Good options with a impressive combo and trap game.

:4pit: Really good combo breaking tools and out of shield options.

:4robinm: Good wall game and strong attacks.

:4feroy: So rush down and quick and can get some great kill options.

:4shulk: Adaptable and a lot of reach with his attacks. Sadly, bad frame data.

:4villager: Fun to play with.

:4zss: Good combo game, spacing game, long grab, ****ty neutral game.

:link:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
:4greninja: - I think my Greninja has reached the point of infamy by now, especially among my friends.
:4lucas: - Why is your grab so trash Lucas? Other than that I need to get better at zoning and find better ways of dealing with shields.
:4palutena: - She's fun but I feel so limited playing her.
:4marth: - More fun than I expected him to be. Landing tippers is so satisfying and Shield Breaker is a lot of fun.
:4lucina: - You're so painfully worse than Marth it's kinda sad.
:4falco: - A lot of fun, I should probably try using him more. I don't B-Air enough with him.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs @ Macchiato Macchiato

I swear I hate fighting your U-Air Spam and Zero Skill Spamus. It is not fun at all.

Will say, when I saw you use Rosalina. I thought I was going to have a bad time, but I seemed to have played alright against her with Roy. I think that might be a 45:55 in Rosalina's favour. :3

And boy do I SUCK badly against you. Panicking as usual and throwing out Smashes. :V
And all of that taunting from you, did someone trigger your sass today? :secretkpop: (Or did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today. :V)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
GGs @ Macchiato Macchiato

I swear I hate fighting your U-Air Spam and Zero Skill Spamus. It is not fun at all.

Will say, when I saw you use Rosalina. I thought I was going to have a bad time, but I seemed to have played alright against her with Roy. I think that might be a 45:55 in Rosalina's favour. :3

And boy do I SUCK badly against you. Panicking as usual and throwing out Smashes. :V
And all of that taunting from you, did someone trigger your sass today? :secretkpop: (Or did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today. :V)
GGs

idk I just taunt

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
:4zelda: - Fun, stylish, rage and salt inducing, Zelda series is amazing, and she's been my main since Melee so I have to stick with her
:4shulk: - Fun, versatile, Xenoblade is an amazing series

:4palutena: - the random character that I use once in a blue moon because why not

Ok gorls, so, unsolved mysteries: Zelda edition. Why do people always attack the Phantom???? Like what purpose is it going to serve you besides looking dumb and getting hard punished smh

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs

idk I just taunt
Fair enough. I just seem to struggle badly against those two. I did notice I made tons of mistakes though.

:4zelda: - I wasn't using Jab or her Tilts as much in our later matches, plus I wasn't punishing as much.
:4shulk: - I'm just trash with him now. ;~;
:4feroy: - Seems to be slowly becoming my best character, aside from those accidental SDs I made, I seem to be using him alot better.
:4bowser: - Only used him maybe once or twice, it did not bode well for me. Since he's a walking target for combos.
:4lucina: - Could do better with her. But eh, only used her once against Samus/U-Air Spam.

You got any good tips for me this time @ Macchiato Macchiato ?

Also, page steal. <3

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
:4zelda: - Fun, stylish, rage and salt inducing, Zelda series is amazing, and she's been my main since Melee so I have to stick with her

:4palutena: - the random character that I use once in a blue moon because why not

Ok gorls, so, unsolved mysteries: Zelda edition. Why do people always attack the Phantom???? Like what purpose is it going to serve you besides looking dumb and getting hard punished smh
If your move can pierce the phantom and can attack Zelda at the same time, go for it. You don't look dumb for lowering your opponents options, even if you don't use it. Besides, if you character relies on projectiles, the phantom blocks the projectile and it can't get to Zelda, you should kill the phantom.

:4greninja: - I think my Greninja has reached the point of infamy by now, especially among my friends.
:4lucas: - Why is your grab so trash Lucas? Other than that I need to get better at zoning and find better ways of dealing with shields.
:4palutena: - She's fun but I feel so limited playing her.
:4marth: - More fun than I expected him to be. Landing tippers is so satisfying and Shield Breaker is a lot of fun.
:4lucina: - You're so painfully worse than Marth it's kinda sad.
:4falco: - A lot of fun, I should probably try using him more. I don't B-Air enough with him.
Your Greninja is legit.

:link:

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Zelda is trash but good trash. The left over food trash that is your favorite meal but you still have to throw it away cause you're full but deep down you are sad because it's so good.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Mains:

:4zelda:: Picked her up in Project M. never really played her in brawl, but when i play melee ill play her. also play her a lot in project m and smash 4, probably my favorite character in the zelda series.

:4palutena:: never played any kid icarus games, but i really liked her moveset. despite her shortcomings, shes fun and satisfying. i picked her up when i first got smash 4 on the 3ds on release, played a palutena cpu and noticed her audio was pretty low quality and tried her out. turns out shes one of my favorites.

:4darkpit:: i just kinda played him and he felt like his playstyle really fit me. its also nice to beat the clone haters with him :shades:

Secondaries:

:4bowserjr:: my favorite mario character, i really wanted to play him once i saw he was in the game. his moveset was awkward and i was disappointed. one day i decided to give him a second chance, and he just clicked. easily one of the most fun to play

:4marth:: i like marth in every smash game, and his tippers in this game are so much more satisfying to land. if he keeps getting buffs hes going to reclaim that high tier spot, without being so easy to play like in past games. i like him in this game

:4pikachu:: always liked pikachu, and he goes really nice with my pikachu 3ds. he feels good to play in this game, his qa shenanigans are fun too

:4bowser:: bowser, if i recall correctly, was my first smash character i ever played, back in melee. i played sm64 a ton when i was younger, and loved bowser, he was, and is, one of my favorite video game characters. good to see he outshines any of his past iterations, while i dont care for some of his changes, i dont feel so freaking slow

:4diddy:: played dk country a lot as well as sm64 on the gameboy color, and played diddy the most. i played him in brawl, and picked him up in smash 4. hes really fun and nostalgic with some of his animations

:4tlink:: my first main was link in melee, and once i unlocked young link i instantly went to him. in brawl, i played toon link a crapton, and still play toon link today. he feels natural to play, because im so familiar with his moveset. i think ive mastered his zair ledge tether tech :p

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Oh yeah I've been meaning to do this. Since I rarely come here sometimes, if you guise want to contact me my skype is: vens14

o 3o I feel bad for replying late to you guys sometimes so yeah that's a fast way to contact le me

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
:4zss:- My top tier pick. It's just easier to deal with Shieks and Diddy's with her.

:4marth:- Even though he's nowhere near what he used to be, I still find him fun to play.

:4lucina:- Basically Marth with a short sword

:4falcon:- Used to be my main. Finding his play to be pretty binary as of late which detracts from his playing time.

:4charizard:- The Zard is the one that I'm finding that I have a lot of fun with. He's super laggy and he doesn't combo all that well but got dayum he's fun.

:4zelda:- Gotta play the Queen.

D

Deleted member

:starman::starman::starman:HAPPY BIRTHDAY @ Rickster Rickster :starman::starman::starman:

I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME DAY, AMIGO! :happysheep:

Edit: I decided to add slightly more color cx.

Last edited by a moderator:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw, looking back at that :4feroy: vs. :rosalina: MU I had against @ Macchiato Macchiato

I'd like to ask you girls what do you think the MU is? I think it's 45:55 in Rosalina's favour. Since I feel like she has the right tools to space out Roy, Luma can tank some hits from him and easily combo him. And since Roy has a predictable recovery, he can easily get gimped by a DAir or Stage spiked. However, Roy can destroy Luma at close range with his Tilts and Smashes, his Blazer is so good against Luma, plus he can get in with some quick FAirs and UTilt combos. And he can kill ridiculously early at the edge of the stage. I think I KO'd Rosalina at around 55% with an FSmash with Rage.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Someone did this in one of my friendlies yesterday and when I asked why, they said "IDK". No one knows.

Phantom confirmed to have psychological effects??
---
I'll make my main list later. I'm feeling lazy rn.

D

Deleted member

Gorls so I went back to school yesterday, and I gotta say, it's actually been a good couple of days at school.

I like most of my classes and I know lots of people in them. Except in Physics, I don't know anyone (there's actually a lot of older kids) and tbh my teacher's a lil *****. I was in Spanish and like, the moment I introduced myself to the teacher, she said "Why aren't you in Spanish Speakers?" I was put in Spanish III Honors because Idk. When she said that, people started staring and im like "uhhhhhfkafghkjhsjhgkgh". And about Spanish, there was this little white girl (she looked like a typical white girl) and she could speak Spanish so well. She sounded like she knew it since she was born o-o Math class is pretty small and my teacher is a new guy this year and he's the awkward kind of teacher .-. Other than that, it's been nice. I wasn't too happy about school starting back up but my schedule is good. I'm glad I'm not in classes with strangers (besides Physics) xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
Main:
:4zelda:I'd say I'm pretty decent with Zelda, I'm able to land fastfalling Nair>Bair/Fair or up tilt into Nair, also Nair>Teleport with no problem. I feel very comfortable using Zelda and I enjoy using her all the time and always will <3 she's just a character that always gives me joy and that I'm glad I main her.

Secondaries
:4palutena:I LOVE using Palutena, she's so fun and enjoyable to play I feel she helps me learn how to space properly and better fundamentals. I'd say I do an ok job with her. She's pretty close to becoming a main actually but I think the only thing left I need is to learn the Match Up experience as her.

:4peach:This character is so hard to use at high level play yet her combos are so satisfying, plus her pressure game and floats is what makes me love using her more, I practice with her everyday just so I can get down her float canceling, turnips, combos etc.(Float canceling is hard on 3ds.) I'd say she's pretty new to me and she needs a lot more work.

D

Deleted member

Ooh I shall list mah mains as well.

:4jigglypuff:-Jiggs is a very fun character and I love her moveset. She clicks very well with me and I think she's a pretty good character. A deadly singing puffball is a character I adore cx. (P.S her Nurse hat is just great. She'll pull your plug :secretkpop:)

:4peach:-Been playing her for forever. Usually my first main in Smash games. I also love her moveset very much and the ability to float is just amazing. I love her wacky tools like veggies and cooking utensils. Also she's the booty gawdess so why not main her?

Secondaries:

:4zelda:-Everyone's favorite sass queen :secretkpop: Even though she was hard to master, Her attacks are pretty satisfying and she's a fun character like the rest of my mains/secondaries.

:4lucina:-Not a character I use often but everyone picks up a sword user sometime in their Smash career. Awakening was my first FE game so I loved that Lucina was added. I prefer her consistency since I can't land tippers at all.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Main:
:4greninja: has been doing solidly, though like everyone else, has had some off days. Have been SDing less lately, though bouncing off the ledge is still a (stupid) problem. Combos have been coming together nicely, though footstool combos are impossible. Control of Hydro Pump has been getting better.

Secondaries:
Really liking :4zelda: atm, though I need to get more online matches to get a true sense of her I guess. Been using Phantom Slash more since the buff and have been trying to use all of her moveset to the fullest. Need to spend some time practicing teleport ledge cancels.

:4yoshi: is pretty good as usual, though I don't really find myself enjoying him as much as my other secondaries and main. Been focusing on b-reverses, shad, jab followups, and options out of the rare grab with him. Need to work on wavebounces and grounded b-reverses for Egg Lay.

:4pikachu: I'm pretty happy with Pikachu atm. Spacing w/ D-tilt and control of QA have been improving, though I still need to work on the latter. Been working on DI baits with U-throw and D-throw to Thunder. Need to work on QACs on platforms more.

:4mewtwo: I kind of dropped him for a while, but resumed playing with him a few weeks ago and have been improving. Fastfall U-air is actually really good with him. Been using his throws for positioning more to give space to charge Shadow Ball.

:4drmario: Boss kind of rekindled my spirit to play Doc, so I secondary him again now. I've rediscovered and realized some of the great things about the character like Tornado edgeguards (that horizontal knockback is really useful), the usefulness of n-air and the somewhat imporvised combos that do tons of damage at low-mid percents.

Pockets/Submains:
:4sheik: I've been using Sheik a bit more since I found out that I couldn't go to SKTAR (backwards thinking right?) since I like the character and her playstyle a lot and mained her with Zelda and Yoshi in Brawl. Bouncing Fish is addictive stuff. I SD with her more than anyone else though (Sonic and ZSS might compete with that).

:4charizard: Fun to play with, but I do a lot of mistakes with him and I don't get many grabs with him for some reason. Jab 2 --> Fly is godly.

:4bowser: I feel very effective using Bowser and enjoy playing as him a lot. Running SH F-air and B-air are really good. I feel like I get away with a lot with him though (too many suspicious F-smash kills...) so I need to find some good players online with him before I decide to move him up in the ranks. I wish he had his Brawl n-air.

:4ganondorf: Have been feeling down on him a bit lately. Bowser and Zard my go-to heavyweights for now.

:4gaw: I started playing him more and doing well with him after Evo. Haven't used him much lately though. Need to get back to him.

:4miisword: It had been a while since I played with Miis before 2-3 days ago, but once I got my hands on SF again, I was quite happy. The buffs really served him/her well! Love the improved lag on Chakram. I find MSF's specials to be very customizable. Cool character that I;m happy to pick up again.

:4ness: Used to secondary, but now I barely use him. Still fun though.

Yes, I do play a lot of characters, thanks for noticing.
Happy birthday @ Rickster Rickster ! :colorful:

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
oooooh, main talk?

Main:
:4zelda: - I wasn't planning to use her at all until I saw Nairo put in work with her at the first CT invitational. She looked very interesting and I wanted to try her. After the game just came out, I really liked how she played. I thought she was much better than her brawl varient. I continued to keep her are one of my mains. Even during insanity main phase, I would come back to her each time. I'm really considering her as my final main.

Secondaries:
:4wiifit: - From the time Smash Wii U came out, I knew I would like her. I've been using her for a long time and I rly like her. I've used her for the whole life time of smash so far but I've currently been losing interest.

:4peach: - She's the character everyone says I should main. Everyone says she's my best and I have the most potential with her. Something tell's me that she's just the one.

Others:
:4jigglypuff: - I used to think she was fun. Then I played her more and realized how Zeldawful she was.

:4drmario: - He was fun, now he's not

:rosalina: - She was the character I wanted to main. When she was released I really wanted to main her. When the game came out I liked her but she didn't feel right.

:4lucas: - I mained him in brawl so I was excited. Then I played him and he feels worst than his Brawl varient. Thanks Sakurai for ruining the one character I really liked in Brawl.

:4zss: - She's very fun, but I don't to win easy. I want to win, just not with a high tier.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
The other day I saw this:

IMG_2627.JPG

ROSALINDA :rosalina:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
oooooh, main talk?
Secondaries:
:4wiifit: - From the time Smash Wii U came out, I knew I would like her. I've been using her for a long time and I rly like her. I've used her for the whole life time of smash so far but I've currently been losing interest.
Would you be so kind as to explain why 90% of wii fit trainers hang on the ledge and spam volleyballs waiting for people to approach them? It's always blown my mind and I can't wrap my head around it.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Rosalinda is her name in Italian js

So calling her Rosalinda is actually justified

Top Bottom