• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Implying I'm trying to make people like the things I like whenever I get into a debate with someone.
sometimes people debate to imply, show or present new facts to change a persons argument. It's not :083: for me to think so
The fact you don't even want to discuss it is incredibly disappointing anyhow.
some people don't like discussing certain things, Rosalina (no really spell check how can you accept Rosalinda, Rosalin, Salinas and not Rosalina) is something I can handle for about 2-3 posts before getting tired of the subject at hand. Sorry for disappointing you

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Nintendo already confirmed more Marth this is most likely due to how quickly it sold out. It is not unreasonable to think they would send more Rosalina
afaik, Marth's amiibo is getting reprinted because it will be compatible with the new game Project S.T.E.A.M. (along with Ike and Robin, idk about Lucina), not because he's popular/very rare. Marth was pretty common in my area until word spread that he was cancelled. Sure, Nintendo could theoretically reprint Rosalina and Luma, but it's vital to remember that Rosalina is one of the most expensive amiibos to make because she's gigantic, quite detailed, and she's essentially a "2-in-1" amiibo since Luma is there, too. There's a reason they only made Rosalina amiibos for one month in total.

Also, why doesn't everyone hate Peach if we're criticizing Mario characters? Peach is a walking stereotype that exists in almost every game. It's not like "girly-girls that love pink and all things cute" aren't a dime a dozen these days. At least they tried with Rosalina.

/minirantover

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I don't see the point in looking for personality in Nintendo characters. Honestly, the only characters with a real personality in Smash are the few that come from RPGs :'D. Most of Nintendo's mascot characters are very plain or monofaced. Mario is the hero, Peach is the blondie DiD, Luigi is the scaredy cat, etc. Rosalina at least had a bit of a background story, even if it wasn't particularly complicated, it at least gave an insight to what few elements there are to her character.

Let's not even talk about the chars from the Zelda franchise....

I guess Pit and Dark Pit sort of have personalities, but they're so annoying it almost doesn't count.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
This is late but now I can do it properly.

(none of his are great IMO, though purple, dark blue, green, and default are decent)

(beagle palette is pretty cool)

(I THINK this is the right one? I don't use Fox and I can't see his whole body lol)
(I'd probably use the dark blue one if the red one didn't have a story behind it)
(didn't like the purple one on 3DS but it's cool on Wii U)

(sad they changed the green skin from Brawl)
(I'd use Iggy or Bowser Jr. if not Ludwig)

(he really didn't need 8 wireframe palettes, are the other color schemes a reference to something?)

(no shiny why)

(I prefer the default but the second is like my character in New Leaf)

(HACHIMAKI OF JUSTICE)

(I'd use blue but it's TOO blue IMO)
(Which one I use really depends on the day, I like them both equally)

(Dark Samus and Fusion Suit are also options; I'm very pleased with Samus's alts)
(I think this is the right one? It might be the one listed before)
(or whichever is the Sharla palette)

(really IDK which of Yoshi's I like)

And now for my random Pokémon fact of the day!

Did you know that you can make Splash even more useless by using the move Gravity? Splash is unable to be used under the effects of Gravity.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I don't really have anything against Irrelevina personally, I'm just salty that she's had this massive explosion of popularity ever since she's been introduced and my childhood waifu clad in orange has been banished into spinoff dumpster purgatory. Rosalina's presence in 3D World and Smash is really only what made me upset with her.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I honestly like Peach more than Rosalina for quite a few reasons I won't elaborate on now because I'm on my phone. I don't have anything against Rosalina though.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Smh Zelda still goes in freefall like a second after using a grounded Din's Blaze and she dIED FROM A STAGE TRANSFORMATION

@ RedCap-BlueSpikes RedCap-BlueSpikes Ty for playing! That was fun <3
lol. I was wondering what happened there.

Anyways, you're welcome. It's fun to mess around with characters you have no idea how to use. I should've used my mains more tho.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ TP Zelda and Rosalina not having personality comments: just because characters are mature doesn't mean they lack personality. Both have a burdened, somewhat sorrowful quality to them.

Last edited:

Blue Phoenix

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0001-3910-6032
Hopefully you had Fire Blast/Flamethrower on Exploud because its 91/92ish attacking stats won't be doing much to Metagross. Explous is a really cool Pokemon, imo, and is one of the better normal types.

That reminds me of when I used to run Specs Exploud. STAB+Specs Boomburst was insane and Scrappy meant that ghosts can't wall you for days.

A lot of the reason I use terrible Pokemon is because all of my favorites are garbage. I adore Pokemon such as Masquerain, regular Mawile, Octillery, and Aromatisse. In fact, I can try to find the image I made a long time ago with all of my favorites for each type. I don't think it's 100% accurate anymore, but it's still a good representation of what I like.

ORAS was kinda disappointing, imo. I'll cry if they ruin Sinnoh like they kinda did to Hoenn.

edit:
Here are my favorites:
This is still pretty accurate, but my normal, grounnd, and fairy type favorites are different now. Water and ghost might be different now, idk.
Sorry about that, I literally just realised my image didn't show up lol. edited

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I personally think most of the characters' personalities come more from the user (ie us playing the game) than the actual character. In TP the characters that can be said to actually have a multifaceted personality are Midna, Ilia, Telma (<3!!!) and the kids. Mostly the side characters. Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are put into a very tight box, with Zelda being the solemn princess, Link being HERO-KUN and Ganon being "bad guy."

TLOZ has never been very good at making good, deep characters.

Wind Waker and Skyward Sword had a ton of personality, though. At least the side characters did (even Link, kinda, in WW). Tetra and her crew, grandma (;___;) and to a slightly lesser degree Aryll too. It's a bit of a hit or miss with Zelda games.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why do I feel like these can be used for Zelda sass?

So... weird coffee night? :p

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Really only RPG characters have a whole ton of personality and that's expected given their genre.
btw: genre divisions by series because I thought it was interesting (why does SmashBoards not have series icons)
Platforming: :4mario:(:4dk::4yoshi:):4samus:(early):4kirby::popo::4pit:(early):4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:(late)
RPG: :4pikachu::4ness::4marth::4shulk:
Shooter: :4fox::4pit:(late):4duckhunt:
Adventure: :4link::4samus:(late)
Sports/Fitness: :4wiifit::4littlemac:
Strategy: :4olimar:
Racing: :4falcon:
Stealth: :snake:
Simulation: :4villager:
What: :4wario::4gaw::4rob::4pacman:(early):4mii:

And then by character:
Platforming: :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4samus:(early):4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::popo::4pit:(early):4palutena:(early):4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:(late)
RPG: :4pikachu::4jigglypuff::mewtwopm::pichumelee::pt::squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4ness::lucas::4marth::roypm::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk:
Shooter: :4fox::4falco::wolf::4pit:(late):4palutena:(late):4darkpit::4duckhunt:
Adventure: :4link::4zelda::4sheik::younglinkmelee::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus:(late):4zss:
Strategy: :4drmario::4olimar:

so many cuts from RPGs (7/18 characters and 3/4 universes)
also all third parties eventually became platformers lol

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Is it love when she won't stop sassing you with Kim Kardashian gifs?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Wow @ Macchiato Macchiato , 3 mains in one day! Is that a new record?

And @ kenniky kenniky I'd say that :4gaw: :4rob: and :4duckhunt: are peripheral characters. Game & Watches were the first portable gaming devices, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt were arguably predecessors of stuff like motion control.

I don't disagree with :4gaw: as a "what" though lol.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Wow @ Macchiato Macchiato , 3 mains in one day! Is that a new record?

And @ kenniky kenniky I'd say that :4gaw: :4rob: and :4duckhunt: are peripheral characters. Game & Watches were the first portable gaming devices, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt were arguably predecessors of stuff like motion control.

I don't disagree with :4gaw: as a "what" though lol.
Wii Fit Trainer too, technically, since she mostly exists for the Wii Fit board.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Really only RPG characters have a whole ton of personality and that's expected given their genre.
btw: genre divisions by series because I thought it was interesting (why does SmashBoards not have series icons)
Platforming: :4mario:(:4dk::4yoshi:):4samus:(early):4kirby::popo::4pit:(early):4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:(late)
RPG: :4pikachu::4ness::4marth::4shulk:
Shooter: :4fox::4pit:(late):4duckhunt:
Adventure: :4link::4samus:(late)
Strategy: :4olimar:

And then by character:
Platforming: :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4samus:(early):4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::popo::4pit:(early):4palutena:(early):4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:(late)
RPG: :4pikachu::4jigglypuff::mewtwopm::pichumelee::pt::squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4ness::lucas::4marth::roypm::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk:
Shooter: :4fox::4falco::wolf::4pit:(late):4palutena:(late):4darkpit::4duckhunt:
Adventure: :4link::4zelda::4sheik::younglinkmelee::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus:(late):4zss:
Strategy: :4drmario::4olimar:

so many cuts from RPGs (7/18 characters and 3/4 universes)
also all third parties eventually became platformers lol
I'd place Yoshi under strategy, I think Yoshi Cookie was the first game he ever appeared in. I'd put Samus under shooter as well.
That has me thinking, when have you ever played as ZSS in a Metroid game? She's with the GameCube(+Lucario) crew in All-Star mode, so it was somewhere in the Prime Trilogy I presume?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I'd place Yoshi under strategy, I think Yoshi Cookie was the first game he ever appeared in. I'd put Samus under shooter as well.
That has me thinking, when have you ever played as ZSS in a Metroid game? She's with the GameCube(+Lucario) crew in All-Star mode, so it was somewhere in the Prime Trilogy I presume?
-I listed under what their series is most known for, Yoshi's role being in Yoshi's Island games and Super Mario World/Sunshine/64 DS/Galaxy 2 etc
-Metroid is more adventure based than shooter based imo. KI:U is blatantly shooter in air portion but land portion I would also consider adventure
-I think you played as ZSS in Zero Mission but idk what else

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Went bowling tonight. Scores were 176, 222, 168. Not bad I guess, I wish I were more consistent at everything though. I'm always either great or awful with no inbetween.

I think the first time you play her in the actual zero suit is in Zero Mission for GBA, but you can play as Samus without the power suit even in the original NES Metroid.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hate, hate fighting Rosalina and since I only fought her online, it's much worse because of input lag. Every time I fight a Rosalina that is somewhat good to great, I only have two characters I can use to fight her: Falco and Ike. Maybe Daisy Peach too, if I invested time in Peach.

Fought a good Fox and Rosalina who knew how to Jab cancel with Fox, but didn't do much besides repeat it, grabbed, or attempted an Up Smash with it. The Fox was fine to fight even if ihe was a bit campy. What wasn't fine was fighting Rosalina, the, "I can't win with my good character, so I'll pull out a character a lot of people have problems with." For me, especially because of the three I play as and know the most about, it's much worse since Falco, Ike, and Ganondorf are juggling pins for characters like Rosalina, Palutena, and Jigglypuff. Falco gets the worst out of it because he's a lightweight. Rosalina was decent, but her freaking range is annoying and she attacks fairly fast.

Anyway, I just noticed how awesome Yoshi's reverse Up Smash is and I'm wonder about Sonic and Captain Falcon being able to Jab cancel. For Sonic, if he can, then his grab game is going to be even more annoying for people. For Captain Falcon, it might not matter for anything, but two moves Utilt and Dtilt. A hit confirm to Utilt if possible means Captain Falcon can just Jab you and spike you near the ledge while Dtilt sends people horizontally and I think it kills fairly well. Also, it could work like a hit confirm to Dtilt hear the ledge for a kill or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom