• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have the opposite problem from Macchiato, I want to branch out to more characters but all paths lead back to Rosalina.

:4lucario: Kind of bleh about his range+speed but I love his combos and Aura Sphere. Feels reliant on AS in MUs where opponents can keep him out, which wouldn't be the worst thing if it didn't clank out against or be absorbed by so many projectiles (GET OUT OLIMAR). Probably just takes a change of mindset.
:4metaknight: Cool character, no complaints about him. Cannot play him to save my life for reasons unknown. Synergy is a weird thing.
:4greninja: Huge amounts of rust + I frequently find myself realizing there isn't a single MU where I'd rather use him over Rosalina (though technically he's better vs Pika)
:4luigi: Only really staying away from him because I can't mash enough for jumpless cyclone; haven't played him enough to say whether or not I'd still be fine with him, but I see all the situations where I could be using jumpless cyclone for recovery or gimps and it just bothers me a ton knowing I'm physically incapable of utilizing one of the character's strongest tools.
:4jigglypuff: The fact that she does poorly in lag already makes me not want to commit to her when I'm more or less forced to play online, but something about her kit in this game just feels off to me, can't really put my finger on it. Also probably like Greninja where I don't think there are MUs I'd want to pull her out over Rosa, so she'd just end up being for funsies.
:4yoshi: I am literally ******** at playing this character. Something about his kit also feels incomplete to me, but I can't really put my finger on it. Probably limited kill confirms + horrid grab game.
:4dedede: Love his edgeguarding and reach, hate how slow and campable he is
:4zelda: Hard for me to enjoy. FW is her only move I find fun, the rest of her kit is bleh.
:4sheik: Weak individual hits don't feel very satisfying. Also pretty bad at her, probably because fast characters aren't my thing.
:4palutena: Boring without customs.
:4ganondorf: Too volatile.
:4myfriends: idk
:4megaman: Usually I love zoning characters, and I love Mega Man, but I think his kit is just too unconventional for me.

Thinking MUs, I suppose I should be looking at Luigi next and just deal with the fact that I can't mash worth ****. It'd be nice to play my old main from previous games again anyway.

tl;dr I guess :4luigi:'s next up in the lab
Thanks for reminding me that I haven't finished Dragon's Dogma... It seems all roads lead to Gran Soren...

Edit: Also, Youngblood Hawke is a pretty awesome band. Here's Blackbeak.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I think I'm getting bored of playing as Zelda.
Isn't this like a crisis of faith or something?
Do I need help gurls ;^; ?
*uses Deep Breathing*

Just saw xsoul's post about the customs thread and holy **** the custom moveset project thread is really a mad house

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I think I'm getting bored of playing as Zelda.
Isn't this like a crisis of faith or something?
Do I need help gurls ;^; ?
*uses Deep Breathing*
read that as deep bleeding... maybe I should go to bed now
Just saw xsoul's post about the customs thread and holy **** the custom moveset project thread is really a mad house
I can only imagine, I'm just gonna chill here though

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
@ UkeNicky UkeNicky YES. YOUR AVATAR. IT'S FANTASTIC.
Thanks xD Daisy is my spirit animal :3
No srsly me and my friend @Loveless Kun are like Peach n Daisy bffs and I'M DAISEH!
ANYWAYS, back to my crisis e,=e
Ughh like, Idunno it feels like there's nothing to discover with Zelda it's just like bam, here's everything you can do but you probably won't discover anything else (Game-changing at least).
And it just feels monotonous every match ;3; like I feel as though I'm following a flow chart

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was looking at my facebook and remembered that @ChileZeRo added me as a friend back in 2012

He also added M2K as a friend on facebook

So basically

I'm as good in his eyes

as M2K.

He even wished me happy birthday in 2013!

HE MUST LOEV ME

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Back in the day, we used to talk about ponies.

he even used a Rainbow Dash avatar for a while in a Latin American forum we used to be mods at.

He didn't wish me happy birthdays :c

Some guy said that ZeRo was considering Villager as a possible main. Can anyone confirm this? WELL, since Aerodrome/Kurogane Hammer/Aeral floss (idk how I came up with this) tagged him, I guess I'll get a direct answer. Neat

Hyper arts is my love and life. Since I have to embrace the jank customs bring, might as well learn to embrace the jank that I have

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Eh, I'm pretty much content with Rosalina and Villager myself.

Both are characters I like from their own games stand point, have movesets I like, and are considered amazing/at least useable.
I'm technically content with Rosalina solo maining too. I just do this to myself in every single fighting game - find the clearcut "perfect fit" character for me, then screw around with the rest of the cast (who I all suck at but want to try to get good at eventually [I never do]) trying to find another character I like and can play.

I'm content with Shulk alone. I could solo main Shulk but... NAH. Everyone in the roster is too fun to use. Rosalina's fun to use because her playstyle is fit for me. Spacing, defense, and zoning. It's also equally as stressful as using Shulk since I'm working hard to keep Luma alive

Life is difficult.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Villager is overrated i can name at least 10 characters that can work their way around the timber plant. Best custom on his kit is his explosive balloon.

Alot of customs improve characters yeah, but does that custom impact that MU? Pit vs MK is no different than before, his arrows forces us to approach, pressure us off stage and makes us stay locked at mid ranged so we can punish a potential arrow on reaction.

His down b as an edgeguard tool will only work once on any high/mid level player it can catch people off guard but never again. Once the hype calms down we will notice this, like for ****s sake MK beat airbender DK and Dk went to battlefield too. Bruh

:4diddy: <--- he's still the best.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
since I'm working hard to keep Luma alive
I think trying too hard to keep Luma alive is actually what held me back with Rosalina for a long time

like I would forego shielding things that would kill Luma and just try to beat them out even if it wasn't a trade I was likely to win

I think getting comfortable playing with SoRo is more important, so many Rosas are clueless once Luma dies but she's still good...just much less range, worse frame data, and no kill power. Luma didn't make her 11% bthrow/10% fthrow good anyway.

Also I'm not sure how well-known this is, but Luma's attacks stale independently of Rosalina's. Having Luma die off and respawn unstales its kill moves, so it can actually be a good thing for him to die at the right time.

His down b as an edgeguard tool will only work once on any high/mid level player it can catch people off guard but never again.
I do not understand the hype with this custom at all. The angle's good but the knockback's weak, it's pretty slow to start, and it takes forever to end. I'm not sure if I'd even take it in projectileless MUs, at least the other orbitars can work as aerial shields (default has windboxes/amplifying breaks sooner which is faster than putting them away) but I'm no Pit player so idk

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
This games been out for 3 months(Wii U version) and yet machitoto hasn't found a main.

As a friend in my class says to me everytime i turn up late(bmt if you know what that means you're awesome)

"Not a good show..."

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Well through out of all of Brawls life I mained lucas, without switching. They cut him so I tried to use ness but they aren't close at all. I was hoping that Lucas specials were enough to make me main ness, but PK fire burst is so much more laggy and the specials don't work with ness' moveset. So now I don't even know what to do.

Pick Rosalina. She's viable unlike the other 3 that were mentioned.

GG against Diddy though

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Imo I think Lucina should be more of a close ranged fighter.
First, what I mean by "close ranged". As it stands currently, neither are good up close. They simply don't have the frame data to let them play up close without getting punished for literally everything. At the end of the day regardless of your character you want to maximize your spacing. Despite distributed damage on her sword, Lucina wants to be in the same position as Marth, it's just that he is rewarded far greater for it.

Grass

Smash Lord
Imo I think Lucina should be more of a close ranged fighter.
First, what I mean by "close ranged". As it stands currently, neither are good up close. They simply don't have the frame data to let them play up close without getting punished for literally everything. At the end of the day regardless of your character you want to maximize your spacing. Despite distributed damage on her sword, Lucina wants to be in the same position as Marth, it's just that he is rewarded far greater for it.
So main Marth? /shrugs

I'm not entirely sure what you want tbh. They literally play the same minus the slightly reduced sword length.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Hay gorls
Villager is overrated i can name at least 10 characters that can work their way around the timber plant. Best custom on his kit is his explosive balloon.

Alot of customs improve characters yeah, but does that custom impact that MU? Pit vs MK is no different than before, his arrows forces us to approach, pressure us off stage and makes us stay locked at mid ranged so we can punish a potential arrow on reaction.

His down b as an edgeguard tool will only work once on any high/mid level player it can catch people off guard but never again. Once the hype calms down we will notice this, like for ****s sake MK beat airbender DK and Dk went to battlefield too. Bruh

:4diddy: <--- he's still the best.
I think Meta Knight's Hi-Speed Drill ignores literally everything Villager's got
Pit has meh customs though imo

Nothing too drastic

Top Bottom