• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Doing arms on the first day of spring break wasn't such a great idea.

3 sets of 15 with 40 lbs = Done for the rest of the day.

Gorls I can't even lift my Wii U GamePad.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Please read my signature
Oh yeah. I forgot that you said Luigi should suck something :^)

Does anyone here have experience with Luigi? I just want to verify if DI'ing his dthrow behind him at low %'s and forward at kill %'s is the right thing to do. Someone in the Shulk vs. Luigi MU thread mentioned it, but i haven't been able to test it out myself.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Please read my signature
he probably just use those lemons to polish his boots
Oh yeah. I forgot that you said Luigi should suck something :^)

Does anyone here have experience with Luigi? I just want to verify if DI'ing his dthrow behind him at low %'s and forward at kill %'s is the right thing to do. Someone in the Shulk vs. Luigi MU thread mentioned it, but i haven't been able to test it out myself.
so long as he isn't consistent with dair yes
Your posts are so short that your signature never shows up :p
I thought sigs just show up once per page

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Wait
Was there a raid on the pale tuna boards yet
Because I've got the perfect image

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
edit: gj aero; you did great! The Charizard/Bowser matches were amazing. The nunchuk+wiimote match was fantastic.
I missed this because I was at the tournament and reading twitch chat, but thanks (even though I was trolling in all my pool matches) XD

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Wait
Was there a raid on the pale tuna boards yet
Because I've got the perfect image
no we only really stole their page 200, which was taken away mysteriously when some posts were deleted

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
no we only really stole their page 200, which was taken away mysteriously when some posts were deleted
It's a conspiracy
It seems it goes all the way to the top kappa
Who's the mod for the pallytana boards? Sudai?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I missed this because I was at the tournament and reading twitch chat, but thanks (even though I was trolling in all my pool matches) XD
Gorl, you're like top tier in trolling. I'm kinda sad you didn't go Rosalina, though.

I'd say the Zelda/Paletuna matches was the best. The guy was spamming Shadow Sneak and dair while you just casually walked around and occasionally ftilted/dthrow>nair as Zelda. Then with Paletuna, you just spammed jab and still won. I kinda feel bad for the Greninja guy, but eh. Anyone with the name "The Pope" is just asking to get trolled.

I wanted to watch the match you commentated (I think you said that was a thing?), but the link wouldn't work. :/
Your Sheik is fantastic, btw. Your spaced fairs are life.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
What game are you girls playing at the moment besides Smash?
I'm still "playing" Alpha Sapphire. I got to the beginning of the water routes and couldn't will myself to go on, lol. I've been at Lilycove for a week now doing absolutely nothing.

I've also started playing WoW again for some reason. I get the urge to play every year, then it dies off after a month or two. It's weird, but I'm enjoying it so I guess it's all good. :bluejump:
I play both Animal Crossing, Wild World and New Leaf, as well as the GC Harry potters 1, 2, & 3, mostly 2 though. I like glitch hunting those. :p
Ohh gosh. You just said the magical word. (Ah, punny.) I did a playthrough of all those Harry Potter games (the ones you named) on my YouTube channel once. They are just SO great! :)
Omg someone else who has played some of the Harry Potter games! I've played a little of the first one, completed the third and fourth, and played a bit of the seventh. Those games took up a LOT of my early age gaming.

And that Paletuna art is lovely.
So....how many matches total were timed out? Maybe it'll teach the TO to not put a 2 stock timer on a 3 stock match, lol.
Btw, do you know if your matches were uploaded anywhere?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I had a piano/performance lesson & I was told to try & learn the run at 0:34-0:42

This will be quite fun :3

/dearmusicdiary

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Gorl, you're like top tier in trolling. I'm kinda sad you didn't go Rosalina, though.

I'd say the Zelda/Paletuna matches was the best. The guy was spamming Shadow Sneak and dair while you just casually walked around and occasionally ftilted/dthrow>nair as Zelda. Then with Paletuna, you just spammed jab and still won. I kinda feel bad for the Greninja guy, but eh. Anyone with the name "The Pope" is just asking to get trolled.

I wanted to watch the match you commentated (I think you said that was a thing?), but the link wouldn't work. :/
Your Sheik is fantastic, btw. Your spaced fairs are life.
I commentated a couple, there's a yoshi vs yoshi match but i didn't really say much other than how yoshi is cancer

I can relink grand finals which i commentated if you want but they're a bit boring.

Thanks btw, I played poorly though as Sheik because a bit rusty + sick + not eaten for like, 16 hours makes it hard to play and focus.

So....how many matches total were timed out? Maybe it'll teach the TO to not put a 2 stock timer on a 3 stock match, lol.
Btw, do you know if your matches were uploaded anywhere?
Not as many matches as I thought timed out.

Also my matches can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/zeld...-went-on-strike.344739/page-694#post-18769088

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Listening to Sm4sh soundtrack...

Has anyone translated Kapp'n's Song? I know their voices actually do depend on what they're saying... Couldn't Kapp'n's song then theoretically be translated into Japanese?

edit: also lol @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer with the double post
Zelda Social: where anyone can double post to your heart's content!
except fuujin

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
You know what Smashboards needs
A monthly highlight reel
Or is that something that exists already o.o
Cause I'd be willing to sift through tons of crap people could send in
Then, said compilation would be on the front page

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I thought Animalese was just nonsense syllables?

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow derived from Japanese, similar to how Hylian script can be translated to Japanese.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Locuan Locuan do yew go to tournaments? Yew should.
I do, there are weeklies every Monday and monthlies every 21st of a month. I also competed at TGC and I'm going to compete in Aftershock. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the game and my mechanics are still very sub-par. So I don't perform well. Specifically, I believe my biggest weakness is not having match-up knowledge.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
What game are you girls playing at the moment besides Smash?
I'm playing Earthbound and a little bit of Civilization 5.

I'm hoping to finish Earthbound this time, though I reeeeaallly don't like how slow the beginning is without a second character. >.>

:ness64::nessmelee::ness2::4ness:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I do, there are weeklies every Monday and monthlies every 21st of a month. I also competed at TGC and I'm going to compete in Aftershock. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the game and my mechanics are still very sub-par. So I don't perform well. Specifically, I believe my biggest weakness is not having match-up knowledge.
I'd like to play sometime, the lack of Lucina rep makes me cringe. Anyways with the match up trouble, I can help sometime since I use most the cast. Also if your avaliable sometime id like to play Lucina dittos.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I thought Animalese was just nonsense syllables?

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow derived from Japanese, similar to how Hylian script can be translated to Japanese.
I know if you set your animal's greeting to something like "aaaaaaaaa" it'll just repeat the sound over and over again

So that's where I had the impression that you could theoretically translate between the two

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
there's something about changing one Furret gif for another that is so satisfying to do, but alas I must find more soon

I'm playing Earthbound and a little bit of Civilization 5.

I'm hoping to finish Earthbound this time, though I reeeeaallly don't like how slow the beginning is without a second character. >.>

:ness64::nessmelee::ness2::4ness:
i never thought earthbound was intended to be a fast game though xD

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I know if you set your animal's greeting to something like "aaaaaaaaa" it'll just repeat the sound over and over again

So that's where I had the impression that you could theoretically translate between the two
The Animal Crossing wiki says this:
Animalese is the default spoken language of villagers and other characters in the Animal Crossing series. Each letter spoken is stated to synthesize the basic sound of a letter, leading to mispronounciation of some words.
However, much of Animalese is completely unintelligible.
In Japanese, Animalese is more clear and easy to understand as Japanese kana characters each represent one syllable from Japanese speech. For each symbol, the corresponding syllable sound is played, whereas in English Animalese consists of spellings of each letter as each letter can be pronounced differently in the English language.
So I think that means you can translate some of it, but it's mostly just nonsense.

edit:
For the anime fans in here, how many do you recognize?

Of those I only know Yu-gi-oh, Nichijou, Madoka, Blue Exorcist and Panty & Stocking, as well as the obvious one =P
lol I have no idea who any of those people are.

I guess that would be because I've only watched 2 animes completely and one of them was a movie (Spirited Away).

Last edited:
Top Bottom