• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I just messed up again with Sheik on the last stage of All-Star on hard. And by "messed up" I don't mean "the computer killed me" I mean "I messed up using Bouncing Fish to recover both times."

Ganon was pretty free though, his USmash can literally OHKO the computers if charged and sweetspotted.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
First, I'd like to correct that my biggest weakness is actually getting mad at myself for not performing the way I want to perform. Criticizing myself so strongly holds me back during matches. Of that I am sure of. I mean, when I perform at my best I do things like this (while that was online I have done that in tournaments as well):
http://gfycat.com/LoneValidKomododragon
I'd like to play sometime, the lack of Lucina rep makes me cringe. Anyways with the match up trouble, I can help sometime since I use most the cast. Also if your avaliable sometime id like to play Lucina dittos.
Well, Lucina is definitely not a strong pick so that's why there's not a lot of representation. Also, I would love to play against you and anyone who wants to play against me really. Unfortunately, it seems I won't be able to play this week though. I ironically injured a muscle? ligament? tendon? in my right thumb playing Sm4sh, so I can't play again until it has healed.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
The Animal Crossing wiki says this:

So I think that means you can translate some of it, but it's mostly just nonsense.
Interesting

If Kapp'n's Song was generated from anything then it'd probably be Japanese which means we might be able to translate it

:o

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
i never thought earthbound was intended to be a fast game though xD
The thing is, there is a lot of back and forth going on in the beginning due to Ness having a small inventory. There is a lot of using and storing items and going back to get more because the enemies in an area did way too much damage.

After getting Paula the game becomes much better since your inventory is expanded and you have two people fighting making battles feel much more safer.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Interesting

If Kapp'n's Song was generated from anything then it'd probably be Japanese which means we might be able to translate it

:o
Have you heard this version of Kapp'n's Song? It's sooooo good. link

Also, what are your favorite K.K. Slider songs so I can judge you <:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Well, Lucina is definitely not a strong pick so that's why there's not a lot of representation. Also, I would love to play against you and anyone who wants to play against me really. Unfortunately, it seems I won't be able to play this week though. I ironically injured a muscle? ligament? tendon? in my right thumb playing Sm4sh, so I can't play again until it has healed.
Oh, that's unfortunate. Get well soon.

I also think BrolyLegs will drop Lucina soon. He says that he only uses her at tournaments because hes comfortable with her. Once he drops her well practically have no representation.

By any chance, are yew going to smash con? I'm going for sure, I'd like to meet yew there.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Have you heard this version of Kapp'n's Song? It's sooooo good. link

Also, what are your favorite K.K. Slider songs so I can judge you <:
lol uhhhh

The only Animal Crossing I've played is the original on the GC, and I don't think I ever went on at the right time to listen to K.K. Slider when I played it. I don't think I knew about K.K. Slider back then.

I did watch chuggaaconroy's LP on New Leaf which is why I have some knowledge of Animal Crossing.

what I'm trying to say here is I haven't listened to enough of K.K. Slider songs to choose a favorite or even to remember any of them

edit: this cover is really good. I want sheet music :3
Although I'd never get around to learning it what with all the Xenoblade sheet music I gotta get through

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
First, I'd like to correct that my biggest weakness is actually getting mad at myself for not performing the way I want to perform. Criticizing myself so strongly holds me back during matches. Of that I am sure of. I mean, when I perform at my best I do things like this (while that was online I have done that in tournaments as well):
http://gfycat.com/LoneValidKomododragon
I do, there are weeklies every Monday and monthlies every 21st of a month. I also competed at TGC and I'm going to compete in Aftershock. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the game and my mechanics are still very sub-par. So I don't perform well. Specifically, I believe my biggest weakness is not having match-up knowledge.
Yeah, I can feel your pain there. There are plenty of times where I feel like I could be playing better and get incredibly frustrated.

And yeah, I have huge trouble not understanding how to handle match-ups.

My biggest weakness being Ganondorf.

I keep hearing if I can't beat a good Ganondorf then I'm a terrible player...and I keep getting 2-3 stocked. >.>

I just...can't see any options for me half the time I fight one. :/

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Oh, that's unfortunate. Get well soon.

I also think BrolyLegs will drop Lucina soon. He says that he only uses her at tournaments because hes comfortable with her. Once he drops her well practically have no representation.

By any chance, are yew going to smash con? I'm going for sure, I'd like to meet yew there.
Thanks. And yes, I think I heard Broly mention that to someone in TGC. Although I wasn't that close to him so I may have interpreted what he said incorrectly. Also, whats Smash Con?
Yeah, I can feel your pain there. There are plenty of times where I feel like I could be playing better and get incredibly frustrated.

And yeah, I have huge trouble not understanding how to handle match-ups.

My biggest weakness being Ganondorf.

I keep hearing if I can't beat a good Ganondorf then I'm a terrible player...and I keep getting 2-3 stocked. >.>

I just...can't see any options for me half the time I fight one. :/
Having a difficult match-up does not mean you are a terrible player. Ganondorf is one of the characters that, if he makes a good read, his punish can most certainly equal a kill during mid percents. One of the things you can try out is mixing up your gameplay and see if that shows an improvement.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
The thing is, there is a lot of back and forth going on in the beginning due to Ness having a small inventory. There is a lot of using and storing items and going back to get more because the enemies in an area did way too much damage.

After getting Paula the game becomes much better since your inventory is expanded and you have two people fighting making battles feel much more safer.
oh ya that game's inventory system, shesh I forgot about that

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lol uhhhh

The only Animal Crossing I've played is the original on the GC, and I don't think I ever went on at the right time to listen to K.K. Slider when I played it. I don't think I knew about K.K. Slider back then.

I did watch chuggaaconroy's LP on New Leaf which is why I have some knowledge of Animal Crossing.

what I'm trying to say here is I haven't listened to enough of K.K. Slider songs to choose a favorite or even to remember any of them

edit: this cover is really good. I want sheet music :3
Although I'd never get around to learning it what with all the Xenoblade sheet music I gotta get through
In that case, here's a few of my favorite K.K. Slider songs.

Aircheck is the version of the song that the record player plays in your house, if you didn't know.

Favorite: Stale Cupcakes (here's the aircheck version, too)
Second Favorite: Two Days Ago (aircheck version)
Third Favorite: Steep Hill (aircheck version)
Honorable Mention: K.K. Bubblegum music box version (here's the live version, but the music box version is better)

The music box versions are all adorable, so I'd recommend checking them out if you're interested.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Macchiato Macchiato , I see. Smash Con is going to be a big tournament apparently. Well I'll think about it, work basically keeps me occupied and I can't attend as many tournaments as I would like. I am going to EVO though for sure.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato , I see. Smash Con is going to be a big tournament apparently. Well I'll think about it, work basically keeps me occupied and I can't attend as many tournaments as I would like. I am going to EVO though for sure.
Ooo yes sis, EVO has customs legal which is pretty good for Lucy. Will yew be using crescent slash in the future after yew get used to it? I can't tell yew how much pain it caused @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Ooo yes sis, EVO has customs legal which is pretty good for Lucy. Will yew be using crescent slash in the future after yew get used to it? I can't tell yew how much pain it caused @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9
I have time to practice Crescent Slash so hopefully I'm able to do what I have seen multiple people do by now. Unfortunately, to this day, I can't seem to pull any of that off. The angle is so weird that I can't get used to the move. 10+ years or so of being used to Dolphin Slash is difficult to combat.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I have time to practice Crescent Slash so hopefully I'm able to do what I have seen multiple people do by now. Unfortunately, to this day, I can't seem to pull any of that off. The angle is so weird that I can't get used to the move. 10+ years or so of being used to Dolphin Slash is difficult to combat.
Oh, I have the ability to learn and adapt fast. That's how I'm able to pick up a character in a few hours and do well in a tournament with them. It took me 2 hours to get used to crescent slash. I think combos and kill power is better than the verticle recovery. It does make horizontal recovery better and her jumps with DB1 boosts are already decently high. I'd rather have the ability to kill at 50% and have combos out of a grab than more recovery. Her recovery without dolphin slash is fine imo.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Oh, I have the ability to learn and adapt fast. That's how I'm able to pick up a character in a few hours and do well in a tournament with them. It took me 2 hours to get used to crescent slash. I think combos and kill power is better than the verticle recovery. It does make horizontal recovery better and her jumps with DB1 boosts are already decently high. I'd rather have the ability to kill at 50% and have combos out of a grab than more recovery. Her recovery without dolphin slash is fine imo.
I do agree with the things you mentioned for CS. It's just adapting to it's differences. I need to sit down in training mode and just repeat the process and recovery until I get it perfectly. It's incredibly strong and I can't deny that fact. However, I really want to test it out offline. Make sure it still combos out of different DI's etc. The few frames of lag online and whatnot.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@XDanDan612 Are you done? I didn't see if you changed your tag. Well whatever, GG and thank you for playing <3 I s2g between your rests and Macchi's Cancer Slash I am just not having a good day today with 50% kill moves smh

D

Deleted member

@XDanDan612 Are you done? I didn't see if you changed your tag. Well whatever, GG and thank you for playing <3 I s2g between your rests and Macchi's Cancer Slash I am just not having a good day today with 50% kill moves smh
Yee im done cx Sorry for not changing my tag ._. Gud gamez, amigo! Those were fun! Rest > Cancer Slash

Jk :p

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I do agree with the things you mentioned for CS. It's just adapting to it's differences. I need to sit down in training mode and just repeat the process and recovery until I get it perfectly. It's incredibly strong and I can't deny that fact. However, I really want to test it out offline. Make sure it still combos out of different DI's etc. The few frames of lag online and whatnot.
It does still combo with different DIs. I've tested it with humans. Yew can't DI out of the Fthrow because yew can dash and jump before yew CS if they DI up or if they're at a higher percent. Offline, well I haven't tried it.

D

Deleted member

@XDanDan612 Did you notice if I had a really bad habit or anything? Idk if I'm just having a bad Smash day or what
Nah, you did awesome! BUT, here's one thing: At one point during a match with my Peach vs. your Shulk, I was floating very close to the upper blast line and you were waiting for me to come down and eventually tried to kill me with Up B, I floated away from that and followed up with a Parasol kill. When playing a Peach, and you're in the air, she's gonna be fishing for a Parasol kill, so don't make yourself vulnerable in the air :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Late reply but happy 700 posts, gorls~ \(^u^)/

Wait
Was there a raid on the pale tuna boards yet
Because I've got the perfect image
THAT PIC IS GOLD. Too bad we already raided the Tuna boards. They didn't like us too much, but we had fun. :^)

If we are to raid another person, I think we should go for the non-waifus, this time. Maybe Captain Falcon, Didd

For the anime fans in here, how many do you recognize?

Of those I only know Yu-gi-oh, Nichijou, Madoka, Blue Exorcist and Panty & Stocking, as well as the obvious one =P
Welp I thought I knew a lot of my animu stuff.

So for @ Macchiato Macchiato , an advantage of not maining a character for 10+ years is that you NEVER create habits from changing so much, so you can always learn something new without cost.

GASP AN ADVANTAGE OF SWITCHING MAINS EVERY 5 HOURS.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Officially joining "the stained glass Smash characters avatar" club. :bluejump:

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Guys I might pick Robin back up. I kinda miss her omg. I really want to be pristine with Shulk though, and idk if playing too many characters will affect how I perform with all of his complicated techniques >_>

Btw, apparently Zelda's jab is broken. I have zero idea why this actually worked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOf-N9YtPak
Liked and favorited.

Btw where's that other video of someone here using only jab? I don't remember who they were fighting but they won with a Din's Fire, lol.

EDIT: Random but are people using the 3DS Main thing to show secondaries or....their actual 3DS main?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ok gorls
help
should I buy ORAS?

Pros:
+
+ Tutors
+ Not playing on a dead version of the game
+ Gen 3 best gen
+ SECRET BASES

Cons:
- [URL='http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/373.shtml'][/URL]
- No Serena
- No dressing Serena up
- New May/Brendan designs make them look like they're six
- I assume the postgame isn't any better than XY beyond the little Zinnia sidestory thing + legendaries galore
For the anime fans in here, how many do you recognize?

Of those I only know Yu-gi-oh, Nichijou, Madoka, Blue Exorcist and Panty & Stocking, as well as the obvious one =P
Only Madoka + P&S, of which I've only watched the former.

Then again Madoka's practically the only anime I've watched aside from the stuff that used to be on Toonami when I was little (DBZ/Yu Yu Hakusho/Ruouni Kenshin are all I remember) so I don't think I count as an anime fan.

EDIT: Random but are people using the 3DS Main thing to show secondaries or....their actual 3DS main?
I tend to assume it's Main/Secondary

I took Greninja out of my Wii U spot awhile ago though because I started getting requests to play on Wii U within days of putting him there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom