• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I have some friends that legitimately think "I'm really feeling it!" and "This is the Monado's power!" are the two most hilarious sentences ever conceived by mankind.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I have some friends that legitimately think "I'm really feeling it!" and "This is the Monado's power!" are the two most hilarious sentences ever conceived by mankind.
What about "Samus is the best character"? That's a pretty big contender.

:4falcon: and :4shulk: are top tier in Super Meme Bros. 4. :4myfriends: is high tier.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
That legitimately pains me.
After all, how could they say that when these magnificent quote exists?
"Can't have a rainbow without Reyn baby."
^ a couple brain cells died when I heard that.

Their sense of humor must be crap then. Tell them to watch FUNNIER sitcoms instead of looking at memes
What about "Samus is the best character"? That's a pretty big contender.
That was a good one m8

I'm gonna give Ike a shot because everyone keeps saying he's good or whatever. Problem is I might play him like Shulk. By that I meant, I'll treat his f-air like its range is as good as Shulk's. This was the reason my Marth was ass

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That legitimately pains me.
After all, how could they say that when these magnificent quote exists?
"Can't have a rainbow without Reyn baby."
^ a couple brain cells died when I heard that.
Oh, they love this too. They love every word of this.

Except probably that specific quote because puns are my secret weapon against them. It is their punishment. :^)

What about "Samus is the best character"?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I just met some really salty players. I really don't like using the word salty, so I'm going to say, pathetic instead. Anyway, apparently losing to ZSS really riles up people for some reason. I'm not even good, but I am confident enough to use her. I had 3-4 matches in a row where people would just quit after losing to my ZSS. It was kind of sad.

Before those, I met a player who was probably a tryhard even though he was good with Pac-Man. I used Sonic in the first match because I like to rotate and mess around. Well, I lost and he switched to dark Sonic and I ended picking ZSS. I have no idea how to fight Sonic with ZSS and I kept losing and he kept taunting. Really, dude? I'm trying to have fun here and you're being an ***. There was one match where he just fished for B-throws. He ended up leaving after a couple of matches.

Then there was a player named "Kathlee" or something who pretty much camped with her characters. First was a Villager who fished for rolls and used Side Smash off the ledge. I didn't know it could kill at like 25% on er... who the hell did I use? Well, next match, I ended up using Pit and I won, then she used I think Lucina? or someone, Link?, and pretty much did the same camp to win; she lost. Then she switches to Zelda and holy hell was that a bad Zelda. Fishing for Side Smashes and camping with Din's Fire just means Pit can run up and body you. Oh, and a reflected Phantom Slash almost killed her. Almost.

Anyway, on more technical stuff, I found out like Ike's Dair, if the opponent runs out of I-frames while holding onto the ledge, Yoshi can meteor them with a Fair before he lands. It was hilarious since I thought he would jump or something before "BOOM!" meteored. People really need to not wall cling or hang onto the ledge for too long.

Also, I found out that people can grab you before you snap onto the ledge. This Lucina did nothing, but spammed grab near the ledge. I didn't know it could happen, but I ended getting grabbed. Oh Marth/Lucina grab range, never change.

ZSS's Fair is weird. What are you supposed to do with it? The same as Captain Falcon and Ganondorf's Nair? The only issue is that it doesn't have the knockback of Ganondorf's and it doesn't connect like the Capt.'s.

Oh, and I met a good Link. He was really defensive which made it difficult as Marth to punish his approaches. Spammy, but in a walling you out with projectiles to limit your options before comboing you. That's like 2 Links and 1 Toon Link I remember who do this. The rest just freaking camp.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Maybe I should try playing more with other characters...
This seems like a fun new thing to post.

I don't remember ever having played DHD before, that must've happened during a drunk FG session

Last edited:

Nairo

Banned via Administration
To be fair, you are getting rid of her absolute best move whenever you go Squall. He's totally missing out on the Din's Blaze hype train though.
I'm not missing out on any train it is a neat trick but when they all dont have a hitbox till it explodes doesnt make it as good as it may seem (you can just grab and throw when they explode if zelda is inside the fire) as well as the fact that there will be 2 people trying to fight you in the teams match lol.. Zelda is already god in teams without customs tho imo

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
"Backslash!"

I really like it when he says that :3

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I'm not missing out on any train it is a neat trick but when they all dont have a hitbox till it explodes doesnt make it as good as it may seem (you can just grab and throw when they explode if zelda is inside the fire) as well as the fact that there will be 2 people trying to fight you in the teams match lol.. Zelda is already god in teams without customs tho imo
It works for all Nayru's and Din's attacks. If you are worried about the delayed hit box you can do a horde of Din's Fire also. You can do a wave of Din's Fire into a Phantom Breaker if you wanted lol. I think it could be really useful in doubles.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
This is random, but I was looking on the Mega Man boards and apparently his dash attack does extra shield damage. 1 extra damage per hit.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I went up against the nicest Robin main ever. Every time I won a match he would say things like, "Great Job!" and "GG!" What a swell guy. If everyone on For Glory was like him I wouldn't get mad as much.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Don't know how it happened but I main Jigglypuff and shulk now.

@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 @ Nammy12 Nammy12 @ Berserker. Berserker. what have yew done
Sorry Macchiato, but until you play Xenoblade or stick with him for a while and actually main him (I'm assuming you haven't since you don't ever talk about Xenoblade),

- The Shulk boards
in case you can't tell, I'm just joking with you <3 play whoever your heart desires

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"Backslash!"

I really like it when he says that :3
I get a wall of \s sent to me every so often on skype

This is random, but I was looking on the Mega Man boards and apparently his dash attack does extra shield damage. 1 extra damage per hit.
There's a surprising amount of dash attacks with bonus shield damage, though it's just +1 for most of them.

Palutena's shield thwack ironically does +3

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This seems like a fun new thing to post.

I don't remember ever having played DHD before, that must've happened during a drunk FG session
I wonder what @Macchiato's looks like. Mine's this...
IMG_20150218_230452[1].jpg

If we zoom out...
IMG_20150218_230907[1].jpg

I think I play too many characters... At least I stick with a main. :p

Nairo

Banned via Administration
It works for all Nayru's and Din's attacks. If you are worried about the delayed hit box you can do a horde of Din's Fire also. You can do a wave of Din's Fire into a Phantom Breaker if you wanted lol. I think it could be really useful in doubles.
I'm aware of that Ive played with sonic on my team as zelda before. But like I just said delayed hitbox AKA use invincibility of grab throws can make all you did pointless. Or they can hit you with an strong upsmash(for most chars at least) and the trade would be in their favor. People are thinking of doing that like they and their partners are the only one in the match is what I'm trying to say lol. (May work better in a 2v1 maybe but 2v2 people will just go in). (Also this is basing off what I see of course I am not 100% correct but it seems well on paper but not as well in actual play)

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I get a wall of \s sent to me every so often on skype

There's a surprising amount of dash attacks with bonus shield damage, though it's just +1 for most of them.

Palutena's shield thwack ironically does +3
A good number of Palutena's attacks do extra shield damage. Dash Attack, FTilt, NAir, and BAir all do a little extra, and I think her UTilt and DTilt (and possibly DAir) do as well.

I think getup attacks also have extra shield damage because whenever I tank them to punish my shield goes down a lot more than it should. Some of Master Core's attacks do extra shield damage or are just flat-out unblockable.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The extra shield damage on DA is really nice when combined with low shields after a crash bomb or fsmash. Since opponents shield so much against Mega, low shield health leads to shield stabs with dtilt, and SH projectiles. I think the extra shield damage on the mega buster sweet spot increases the shield stun by one frame which helps keep him a little safer. It's a nice touch.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
They definitely have extra shield damage. Shulk's Buster getup attack breaks shields lol
Yeah, if a move just deals enough damage it'll break shields anyway. For example, a Pocketed, fully-charged Charge Shot. If you don't take into account the fresh moves multiplier, it does 47.5%. With the multiplier (and it IS there usually) it does 49.875% which may as well be 50%. Free bowling balls!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This is probably a question better suited to the mechanics thread or even just personal testing, but do shields decay during shieldstun, or are they frozen along with you during the freeze?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I find it funny that even though I haven't played Samus in ages, I still have more playtime with her than with Mario.

Just goes to show just how much I play with characters other than Greninja.

I got 6 customs from classic mode. ALL OF THEM ARE GUST CAPE. **** THIS MODE

Also, duck hunt gauntlets in the balloon man stage is hilarious. Just stay under the spin wheel thingy and you win

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
This is probably a question better suited to the mechanics thread or even just personal testing, but do shields decay during shieldstun, or are they frozen along with you during the freeze?
Also for smashes with extra shield damage, does that damage increase as the charge does? I've broken shields with Dedede's FSmash before and I know it does 4 extra damage. If you multiply that with its normal damage, at full charge it does 39.2 damage to shields (37.6 if it doesn't increase).

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
CPU AI has changed noticeably with 1.0.5

Fox just did ff fair spike>dsmash on me, as well as utilt strings, and even hit me out of ledgesnap with dsmash once

He also tried to edgeguard me with ff fair and ended up SDing, amusingly

Top Bottom