• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Trying out smashboards in emerald. I'm undecided.

Time for every to lobby for their favorite color scheme.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
CPU AI has changed noticeably with 1.0.5

Fox just did ff fair spike>dsmash on me, as well as utilt strings, and even hit me out of ledgesnap with dsmash once

He also tried to edgeguard me with ff fair and ended up SDing, amusingly
They updated the AI to match the Wii U version, which is significantly better than the old 3DS and Brawl AI.
They still SD in the stupidest ways, though. :p

Edit; Smashboards Malachite for me. May eventually switch to Sugilite, but the green...

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Trying out smashboards in emerald. I'm undecided.

Time for every to lobby for their favorite color scheme.
PM > Sugilite > Cobalt > *

also G&W JUST 0% DTHROW>JUDGE 9'D ME I'M SO DONE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, so I just switched my SB scheme to Project M.

IT'S SO PRETTY OMF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palutena is really fun.

Just putting that out there.
You're using default or customs? Sorry for being confused because customs are still a no-no in my scene

Also, Mario's u-throw is actually useful for a lot of things. That's rare because I can't name a lot of u-throws in this game that are useful. Everyone's d-throw though is godlike for some reason (Diddy's d-throw is like 999 levels above everyone's though)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I agree zelda is fun
takin the elevator to the top floor of my heart

You're using default or customs? Sorry for being confused because customs are still a no-no in my scene

Also, Mario's u-throw is actually useful for a lot of things. That's rare because I can't name a lot of u-throws in this game that are useful. Everyone's d-throw though is godlike for some reason (Diddy's d-throw is like 999 levels above everyone's though)
Toying around with both; while she is absolutely better with customs, I'm still really bad at properly utilizing Super Speed/Lightweight so it isn't really making a huge difference to me yet. I just love her aerials and throws and jab and dash attack. I cry whenever I accidentally input ftilt or dtilt though.

I never learned Mario uthrow combos, but if I'm not mistaken it's his low percent combo starter? I think uthrow>dair>fair is a thing at really low percents or something idk. But yeah, good uthrows are pretty rare...:4diddy::4falco::4greninja::4lucario::4mario::4metaknight::4pikachu::rosalina:? I guess :4palutena::4marth::4lucina: have it as a kill throw option too.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Personal opinion : Luigi's down throw is 2x better then diddy's.
takin the elevator to the top floor of my heart

Toying around with both; while she is absolutely better with customs, I'm still really bad at properly utilizing Super Speed/Lightweight so it isn't really making a huge difference to me yet. I just love her aerials and throws and jab and dash attack. I cry whenever I accidentally input ftilt or dtilt though.

I never learned Mario uthrow combos, but if I'm not mistaken it's his low percent combo starter? I think uthrow>dair>fair is a thing at really low percents or something idk. But yeah, good uthrows are pretty rare...:4diddy::4falco::4greninja::4lucario::4mario::4metaknight::4pikachu::rosalina:? I guess :4palutena::4marth::4lucina: have it as a kill throw option too.
you forgot the best Uthrow
:mewtwomelee:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Watch as Mewtwo's throws get gutted horribly.

I'm excited for Mewtwo but I'm not getting my hopes up about anything until he's released.

tToying around with both; while she is absolutely better with customs, I'm still really bad at properly utilizing Super Speed/Lightweight so it isn't really making a huge difference to me yet. I just love her aerials and throws and jab and dash attack. I cry whenever I accidentally input ftilt or dtilt though.

U-throw is the throw for me to go to against fast fallers and yeah, u-throw>d-air>f-air is a thing.

Shulk has a good u-throw only if you're in jump art. Otherwise, it's not good at all
Personal opinion : Luigi's down throw is 2x better then diddy's.
I see the logic behind this actually. You can get SO MUCH damage off from just Luigi's d-throw.
Watch as Mewtwo's throws get gutted horribly.

I'm excited for Mewtwo but I'm not getting my hopes up about anything until he's released.
Mewtwo's going to be low tier

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Luigi's dthrow is much more DI-proof than Diddy's too

It's Diddy's aerials that are dumb moreso than his throws, everything about uair in particular is just "why"

though I guess uthrow>uair is also a less DIable thing as shown by ZeRo at apex (and uthrow does 3% more than dthrow, fun fact)
---
Random observation I don't feel like making a new post for, but I'm realizing I've really been taking Dedede's hitboxes for granted. Played two matches against a CPU Dedede as Lucario and Meta Knight and I found myself thinking "Man, these hitboxes are massive" , then realized I'm only now stopping to think about this with my most played character.

To clarify, I always knew he had a good deal of reach, but it's pretty blatantly better than that of other heavyweights, or even sword characters not named Shulk I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
Luigi's dthrow is much more DI-proof than Diddy's too

It's Diddy's aerials that are dumb moreso than his throws, everything about uair in particular is just "why"

though I guess uthrow>uair is also a less DIable thing as shown by ZeRo at apex (and uthrow does 3% more than dthrow, fun fact)
You can combo anything to u-air

FF N-air > U-air
D-throw > U-air
U-throw > U-air
D-tilt > U-air
U-air > U-air
U-tilt > U-air
B-air > U-air (I think it works)

The list goes on

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
So I learned tonight that Robin's final smash can be dodged just like Ike's.

I was in For Fun for a few hours, and my last round had me as Zelda against a neutral female WFT and a good neutral male Robin. After KO'ing the WFT, I was launched but was able to recover high without Farore's, and right where I was going to fall, Robin was waiting with a smash ball. I managed to air-dodge it point-blank, then KO'd him with a dsmash. He left midmatch right after that.

WFT left after the match when I got a last-second elevator on both him and the CPU Robin, KO'ing the CPU again. Even if it's just For Fun, making people rage is one of the best feelings. Especially with Zelda. :awesome:

Just a question but can you guys name 3 legit good moves that Zelda has? By good move, I mean like it's a BnB for Zelda

I'm asking because Swordfighter has at least 1 good move which is u-air

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Just a question but can you guys name 3 legit good moves that Zelda has? By good move, I mean like it's a BnB for Zelda

Down taunt.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Farow's Wind, Farow's Squall and um, ...Dair!

When I meant BnB, I meant something like how Shulk often uses N-air, F-air, B-air, Monado Arts, and f-tilt (Yeah, we made that move important especially when pivoted and used to finish combos)
Down taunt.
I use up taunt more often

Rizen

Smash Legend
When I meant BnB, I meant something like how Shulk often uses N-air, F-air, B-air, Monado Arts, and f-tilt (Yeah, we made that move important especially when pivoted and used to finish combos)

I use up taunt more often
IDK Shulk. So what's BnB mean?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Sorry Macchiato, but until you play Xenoblade or stick with him for a while and actually main him (I'm assuming you haven't since you don't ever talk about Xenoblade),

- The Shulk boards
in case you can't tell, I'm just joking with you <3 play whoever your heart desires
Hope he's not as bad as your Little Mac.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Give it 5-7 days or less then he'll switch

Also, buster doesn't add shield damage. It just deals a lot of damage in general to anything.
That was short lived, it lasted for 6 hours. Back to zelda

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I remember when you were legitimately looking for a main and not just choosing based off of a ouija board.

HOLY CRAP. I'm actually going on a date

I can't talk about Smash Bros at all. ****. Time to act like I know what's being talked about

Last edited:
Top Bottom