• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur here are the 4 lightest characters and I was wrong, it works as a kill option on everyone
Squallator|Percents
Jigglypuff|0-77(kills at 76)
Game&Watch|0-119(kills at 80)
Kirby|0-122(kills at 83)
Rosalina|0-122(kills at 83)

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Those percents are actually surprisingly low!

The squallator is still freaking hard to connect because of the laggy start up but I guess it's a good option to keep in mind. We should try testing it during an actual fight later on.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Got to the end of 30F, attempted fighting Ur-Child (EO2's postgame final boss) for the first time.

Highlight of the fight:

(for the uninformed, Etrian Odyssey's max HP is 999)

This is gonna be a fun boss ❤

/dearEOdiary

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Im done for the day but ill keep this here

Squallator Percents
Character|Percents
Jigglypuff|0-77(kills at 76)
Game&Watch|0-119(kills at 80)
Kirby|0-122(kills at 83)
Rosalina|0-122(kills at 83)
Pikachu|0-123(kills at 86)
Olimar|0-123(kills at 86)
Fox|0-123(kills at 86)
Meta Knight|0-190(kills at 89)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I haven't played any of the newer Final Fantasy games yet my favorites are III (DS remake), V and Dimensions. I also really enjoyed I and IV.

Hey @ Rickster Rickster , want to join the Sceptile for DLC support thread? With the Rayman leak, I think newcomers like Sceptile may have a chance again.
Hmm...well I love Sceptile, but I really don't see him making it in, unfortunately :(. I also don't really have any movesets on mind, so I can't exactly contribute much.
lol @ Rickster Rickster Zelda dittos. its all about "Nayrus her till she submits!!"

I Know Usmash was talked about like 2 pages ago but i just want to say Usmash is the best revenge/Roll/Wait killer. practically everyone dies at 130%-150% so in desperate times Usmash can come through. or your like me and can't Elevator to save my soul.
Ahhh, so that was YOU on Roll Glory. Those were some super funny matches! Vortexes and Fsmash "stage spikes" galore, lol. I forgot to save that one, though. :c
Also more Usmash support yesss.

Oh and great meta progression too! So Squall isn't terrible, and Rejection has some weird invincibility. Looks like Windfall and Passion are still trash, however.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Speaking of Villager's tree, I went and unlocked a few of its customs to see what the hubbub was about them.

That mega tree looks like it's on drugs. Seriously 27%?! I didn't find out when it KOs, but I bet it's really low.

I seriously want a GIF of the mega tree being reflected by Nayru's back at a villager at the earliest possible KO percent--which I bet is really low. P:
Maybe I'm reflecting it wrong but I thought it would kill a bit earlier. (Does the tree have a sweetspot?)
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since regular tree does 25% and this one does 27%

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Maybe I'm reflecting it wrong but I thought it would kill a bit earlier. (Does the tree have a sweetspot?)
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since regular tree does 25% and this one does 27%
The sweetspot is the tree's first fall, so you're getting it right.

Still, the tree KOing at 22%... WHY ARE YOU DISAPPOINTED IN THAT? :'D

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Got to the end of 30F, attempted fighting Ur-Child (EO2's postgame final boss) for the first time.

Highlight of the fight:

(for the uninformed, Etrian Odyssey's max HP is 999)

This is gonna be a fun boss ❤

/dearEOdiary
I could file this under my reasons I don't play games from Atlus
The sweetspot is the tree's first fall, so you're getting it right.

Still, the tree KOing at 22%... WHY ARE YOU DISAPPOINTED IN THAT? :'D
cause pocketing a tree is a 0-death

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I could file this under my reasons I don't play games from Atlus

cause pocketing a tree is a 0-death
It's pretty hard to pocket a tree, though. The reflector has to be very far away from the tree so that the animation doesn't get the Villager before the axe cooldown ends.

Also, let's remember Zelda's is the weakest reflector, so for example Ness's bat will probably OHKO with a reflected tree, etc.

A pocketed Phantom doesn't kill before 22% either, so I guess it's a fair trade :p

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur wait don't the opponent have to be right at the edge for the squallator to work
Not if you drag them towards the ledge with Squall's traversing windbox, silly.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
It's pretty hard to pocket a tree, though. The reflector has to be very far away from the tree so that the animation doesn't get the Villager before the axe cooldown ends.

Also, let's remember Zelda's is the weakest reflector, so for example Ness's bat will probably OHKO with a reflected tree, etc.

A pocketed Phantom doesn't kill before 22% either, so I guess it's a fair trade :p
stupid characters with their "good tools"

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm actually pretty sure every other reflector that isn't Zelda's can get a OHKO on a reflected tree so long as their damage modifier is bigger than x1.5. I don't remember the damage modifiers for the rest of them, though. Only Ness's being x2 and Pocket being x1.9 (which is why a pocketed tree OHKOs)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Um Fern, it only works if they're like a foot away from the ledge. The wind box isn't strong enough to pull them to the edge most the time
Oh well, that sucks :'D. The squallator isn't really a reliable option anyways. If we manage to determine the distances needed to ledge cancel with full and mid distance it might become a little bit more useful. I do recall D3RK's video on Squall boosting pulling the Villager a good distance though... but I'll take your word for it.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It's beautiful.
I knew someone would catch my hinT.

It kills so early, and yet I'm surprised it didn't kill aerlier...LOL

Is is possible that one could also be made of Zelda reflecting a super tree that was pocketed from being reflected? (I suppose this might require a second villager.)

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
It's beautiful.

Is is possible that one could also be made of Zelda reflecting a super tree that was pocketed from being reflected? (I suppose this might require a second villager.)
Who are you imposter. BJN39 has grey hair.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Oh well, that sucks :'D. The squallator isn't really a reliable option anyways. If we manage to determine the distances needed to ledge cancel with full and mid distance it might become a little bit more useful. I do recall D3RK's video on Squall boosting pulling the Villager a good distance though... but I'll take your word for it.
But sis, Zelda's all about style over substance. :awesome:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur Yellow is where your opponent has to be. Pink is where yew have to be
View attachment 39343
Also Kb and windboxes push further when your charging something
I'm assuming the left pink bar is for warping to the right and viceversa :O.

That's great, kiddo! Good job. I'll add it to the Lab in a moment.

It's beautiful.

It doesn't require a second Villager, just have the reflector be as far away from the tree as possible and the same villager can pocket the reflected tree.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just got bodied by Antonykun. For reference, he uses Villager and apparently, Rosalina. As a guy who uses Ganondorf, Ike, and Falco and who rarely if ever fights Villagers and Rosalinas, it was a series of losses.

Hey, does anyone know the priority of Greninja's Dair? It might be that Falco's Uair has low priority or Greninja's Dair has high overall priority. I thought it was a good idea to challenge 4-6 of Greninja's Dair in a recent match with Falco's Uair. I lost that match and the Greninja was probably a tryhard who thought he was going to own a noob for several rounds. Well, on the second match, I take it more seriously and I did try to challenge it again, but I managed to beat it by going to the side instead of directly underneath.

Oh, and never wall-cling when you're fighting a Falco, Zelda, Fox, Ganondorf, or basically anyone with a reasonably powerful Bair which is probably everyone. I saw the dude just hang there and dropped off and booted him for a stage spike. It happened twice of all the things... The first time it happens, don't let it happen again... So, he lost that round and promptly left. Here's the thing, this dude had a good Greninja. It wasn't spammy or whatever. I guess it's just pride or for the benefit of doubt, he probably had something to do and needed to leave.

Is there really a purpose for wall-cling? Considering that the 3DS's Circle Pad isn't exactly built for fighters, he probably did it by accident - I've done it too and wondered what the hell was going on since I didn't input wall-cling, but move towards the stage.

After that, I fought a dude who fished for Charge Shot kills on the second match as Samus. It was so predictable and he didn't punish me heavily for throwing out Reflector too soon. The guy ate like 3-4 Charge Shots, 1 almost killed him and the rest evened up the percentages on the second stock before I killed him with Down Smash while he used Fair too many times. Granted, his Samus was pretty decent since it was calm and good at punishing, but it was too passive when I was off stage and too predictable. The first match was Donkey Kong who is another character I rarely fight, but at least he's been in all the games and I am familiar with him. I don't know how DK should be used, but DK's hurtbox is heaven for Falco to abuse. Third match was a Sonic was was pretty bad to say the least. Falco's Blaster and Reflector pretty much destroys Sonic's Spin Charge and Dash. Homing Attack and if Spin Charge and Dash are jumped, apparently Falco can nick Sonic with Up Smash.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Who are you imposter. BJN39 has grey hair.
lol, I opted for this image instead of my black dress phantom charge animation as it would be easier to add in a salt shaker convincingly. :p It also has a better angle and image resolution for seeing the shaker. I would've gone for black dress if she had been at this angle.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
There's a chance my online tournament match will not be streamed tonight. Ah well. :///

Will tell you gorls if I survive or not after my match in an hour or so.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Is Greninja like...hard to learn? I'm trying to get good with him, but it's really not working out...
I'm REALLY trying.

EDIT: Aw, that sucks. I hope you do well! #Zeldarepresent
EDIT 2: Are there even any prominent Greninja mains right now? I don't know of any.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is Greninja like...hard to learn? I'm trying to get good with him, but it's really not working out...
I'm REALLY trying.

EDIT: Aw, that sucks. I hope you do well! #Zeldarepresent
EDIT 2: Are there even any prominent Greninja mains right now? I don't know of any.
It depends, really. Look up aMSa for awesome Greninja gameplay. @FullMoon and @ Lavani Lavani , I leave this in your hands. @ Spirst Spirst maybe too. Here's aMSa's Greninja: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhUnn_9KDuA.

Spirst

aMSa is pretty much the prominent Greninja player right now. If you're linking matches, here's his Apex set against Ally: http://youtu.be/5-RRq5yMpTc

Greninja isn't an easy character to get into. He has good mobility specs but his moves require more commitment than other speedsters yet he generally hits harder. His combos aren't always the easiest to execute and the character requires a good amount of dexterity to use effectively.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
aMSa is pretty much the prominent Greninja player right now. If you're linking matches, here's his Apex set against Ally: http://youtu.be/5-RRq5yMpTc

Greninja isn't an easy character to get into. He has good mobility specs but his moves require more commitment than other speedsters yet he generally hits harder. His combos aren't always the easiest to execute and the character requires a good amount of dexterity to use effectively.
Well that's ok. I kinda like harder characters, since you feel more accomplished when you get good with them and beat top tiers, lol. Also Greninja is pretty cool, and if I won't ever be able to use him in Pokemon, then I'll use him here! :bee:
Welp, at least were not in "missing result".

EDIT: Thanks for the links, guys!

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Someone make black dress at this angle. This really bothers me.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
What I found out about Greninja on my own: His standing grab is like Zelda's but slower with maybe more range. His dash grab is like Falcon's.
Utilt goes into stuff. Dtilt goes into stuff.

Fthrow is meh. Bthrow is meh. Dthrow is only good for dodge reads. Uthrow is good at everything.

Uair is great. Dair is ok but situational. Bair is okish. Fair is for KOs.

Hydro Pump is a good recovery. Shadow Sneak seems really niche. Substitute is just a counter. Shuriken is an ok projectile.

Ok @ Ffamran Ffamran how'd I do?

Totally talking about Zelda right now.

EDIT: Oh and those matches
1. Made me realize I'm not fast enough
2. Dtilt to Fair is a thing

Last edited:
Top Bottom