• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
What I found out about Greninja on my own: His standing grab is like Zelda's but slower with maybe more range. His dash grab is like Falcon's.
Utilt goes into stuff. Dtilt goes into stuff.

Fthrow is meh. Bthrow is meh. Dthrow is only good for dodge reads. Uthrow is good at everything.

Uair is great. Dair is ok but situational. Bair is okish [1]. Fair is for KOs.

Hydro Pump is a good recovery [2]. Shadow Sneak seems really niche. Substitute is just a counter [3]. Shuriken is an ok projectile.

Ok @ Ffamran Ffamran how'd I do?

Totally talking about Zelda right now.

EDIT: Oh and those matches
1. Made me realize I'm not fast enough
2. Dtilt to Fair is a thing
[1] - B-Air is an amazing gimp/stage spike tool and also a good follow-up from Up-Throw if the opponent DIs to the side and thus wouldn't be hit by up-air

[2] - Hydro Pump is a good everything, use it on-stage to create distance from opponents if you're under pressure or to put the opponent in bad positions for you to get the advantage. Also, Hydro Pump is Greninja's other main gimping tool.

[3] - Substitute is super-strong, it's not an ordinary counter, it kills most of the cast under 100% with no rage if you aim it up. The only problem with it is actually hitting with it. But even then it works as a escape method. Upwards Sub also goes straight towards the opponent if it's triggered at a close distance by a projectile.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It stops hoo hah, many combos, moves like monkey flip and bouncing fish, escapes many multi hitting moves, escapes rapid jabs, creates kill set ups, gimp characters, push characters away oos. It's amazing
How and why does that work? How does it create a kill set up?

Actually refresh me as to what squall even is again.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
It stops hoo hah, many combos, moves like monkey flip and bouncing fish, escapes many multi hitting moves, escapes rapid jabs, creates kill set ups, gimp characters, push characters away oos. It's amazing
it stops combos or strings? there is a difference in the deal with it factors
2bb4ab4c9ad9774e168a1ebcada76fc6-d4evres.jpg

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
it stops combos or strings? there is a difference in the deal with it factors
View attachment 39367
Technically both? Can rapid jabs be considered combos?

We're hoping to counter diddy.
Diddy's fair > Zelda.
Squall won't make Zelda a Diddy counter, because by resetting into neutral after stopping the hoo haa you're, well, back to neutral. And Diddy is like 1980193481 times better than Zelda in neutral.

Using Squall basically shifts Zelda's playstyle from Turtle/Rushdown to almost full Turtle if you use customs for Din's and Phantom. She becomes very defensive, while still not having the tools to be campy.

I theorize that Ness will have a lot of trouble once we figure out how Squall can be used effectively, tough. This is very good cause Ness is a relatively popular character that gives Zelda a very hard time imo.

Sheik still wrecks her, though. But I do think Squall can help a lot in other of her bad MUs. I forgot to test how much Squall can affect Sonic's approaches.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Diddy's everything > every character.
The sad truth tho

Oh and about custom Zelda not being so Zeldawful, it seems so far that Squall will only be matchup specific so we can get out of certain moves. I'd like to see how Rejection's 1 frame of intangibility can be used though.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@Lavani I have more annoying favors to ask. Could you make a list of all the characters that have rapid jabs? I'll see if I can test what Squall does against them during the week.

Hurr durr I guess we'll just run our frame 1, nearly 20 frame intangibility Nayru's Rejection then to cownter his FAir. ;)

That's the other new discovery btw
You're right we should start looking into Freud's Penissism as well. The frame 1 intangibility seemed pretty good but I wasn't convinced about it because of D3RK's lab results. We'd have to see how Penissism works against strings and combos instead of rapid jabs.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Our best Ness player won't even go Ness against me anymore. Goes CF instead to make my life miserable.

PLEASE look into squall vs. CF multi jab and gentleman.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Just as there's no stream for all you gorls for me to see and cheer me on, I'm out of the tourney because Fox. :/

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
hi i'm Lavani
:4bowserjr::4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4littlemac::4metaknight::4palutena::4pit::4darkpit::4robinm::rosalina::4sheik:
I..think that's all of them? I have no clue about Miis tho.
Thanks!

Out of these, I think we can agree that only :4falcon::4diddy::4fox::4kirby::4littlemac::4darkpit::4pit: and :4sheik: present a potent threat against Zelda. We already know Sheik's rapid jab gets interrupted, but her strings are still as powerful as ever, so....

Time to test the rest! Falcon and Mac are in line.

Just as there's no stream for all you gorls for me to see and cheer me on, I'm out of the tourney because Fox. :/
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! :( :( :( F*cking stupid space furry dip****.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
This has been bugging me for a while...

WHERE do you guys get all the data?? The sizes, the frames...how? I just assumed that everyone had it back in Brawl since the game was hacked to bits. But this game hasn't been hacked yet...right?

Until I know this all data miners are Goddess Tier to me. Based BJN, Aero, and Lavani. :awesome:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Was it kaosnoob?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could've beaten him but I was playing pretty trashy honestly. I should've took game 2 if I didn't start using Fsmash to go for the kill. I got punished for it and lost the game. Then I went full ****** and cp'ed T&C and almost got 3 stocked....

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

WHERE do you guys get all the data?? The sizes, the frames...how? I just assumed that everyone had it back in Brawl since the game was hacked to bits. But this take hasn't been hacked yet...right?

Until I know this all data miners are Goddess Tier to me. Based BJN, Aero, and Lavani. :awesome:
Wow. To me they're like

Jk girls I think you're all super cool~ <3

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
hi i'm Lavani
:4bowserjr::4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4littlemac::4metaknight::4palutena::4pit::4darkpit::4robinm::rosalina::4sheik:
I..think that's all of them? I have no clue about Miis tho.
You forgot about :linkmelee:, :younglinkmelee:, and :4link:. They have Rapid Jabs too and only two of them are legitimate. :p

WHERE do you guys get all the data?? The sizes, the frames...how? I just assumed that everyone had it back in Brawl since the game was hacked to bits. But this game hasn't been hacked yet...right?

We mine this: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore2/. *has flashbacks of trying to find data for Falco's Specials* :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could've beaten him but I was playing pretty trashy honestly. I should've took game 2 if I didn't start using Fsmash to go for the kill. I got punished for it and lost the game. Then I went full ****** and cp'ed T&C and almost got 3 stocked....
He's a Peach main in Melee. Fox is really hard imo.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

The data mine from this based @Dantarion has blessed us with readable data to mine.

Without previous knowledge of wtf is going on in there, it looks very confusing.

Edit : Greninja'd

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
He's a Peach main in Melee. Fox is really hard imo.
Yeah this Fox was nothing like those other Foxs I fought. Still exploitable but lost momentum in the second game and gave it away with a bad CP. Ah well. :/

If anyone wants to help me drown away my sorrows by playing me feel free to do so. Will probably start doing some recording of footage for my next highlight vid.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You forgot about :linkmelee:, :younglinkmelee:, and :4link:. They have Rapid Jabs too and only two of them are legitimate. :p

We mine this: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore2/. *has flashbacks of trying to find data for Falco's Specials* :sadeyes:
The data mine from this based @Dantarion has blessed us with readable data to mine.

Without previous knowledge of wtf is going on in there, it looks very confusing.

Edit : Greninja'd
WOW.

Yep I have absolutely no idea what's happening in there.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, this became a thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMMxmMVO9gA&feature=youtu.be.

Mentioned here, but from this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/grea...s-busted-in-doubles-now.391586/#post-18598496.
What do we do about the Persistent Pikmin Power Amplification? Here is my thread on it, it has the Youtube link in it.

I suggest we wait and see if it's too bad. If it is, we ban the combination of a reflecting move and Order Tackle. If it's fine, then we do nothing.

What course of action do you guys suggest?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yeah this Fox was nothing like those other Foxs I fought. Still exploitable but lost momentum in the second game and gave it away with a bad CP. Ah well. :/

If anyone wants to help me drown away my sorrows by playing me feel free to do so. Will probably start doing some recording of footage for my next highlight vid.
Upthrow to Usmash is a combo that works at 0% on fox... Only fox though lol

also I KOed Nairo using Usmash yay

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
jesus christ
I honestly don't see this as a big problem tho...just do what was said, ban the use of a reflecting move in conjunction with Olimar in doubles
also I KOed Nairo using Usmash yay
how the heck did you kill with usmash LOL
the extremely rare times I do i'm just like...wat

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I can imagine Olimar killing his partner while being super buffed by accident a lot, then again, a partner is probably unnecessary at that point.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can imagine Olimar killing his partner while being super buffed by accident a lot, then again, a partner is probably unnecessary at that point.
It may kill its partner intentionally to scare the opposing team
:4olimar:: "This is what will happen if you touch MAH Pikmen"

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Who's up to try for Zelda's voice in this machinima?(Shiek needs same voice actor as Zelda)

Last edited:
Top Bottom