• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
this is mostly for KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer cuz of his recent tweet but lots of gorls here play overwatch (and some play TF2) so i'm posting it here as a PSA of sorts

Characters in TF2 have two hurtbox sets. One set is, as you would expect, a bunch of boxes structurally similar to the character's body, which is used for bullet hit detection. The other set is a single large box around the character, which is used for collision but is also used for projectile hit detection. The result is that characters are much larger targets for weaponry like explosives or arrows than they are for bullets, which results in some sketchy-looking interactions sometimes.

Hanzo's australian ancestor.

I'd bet money Overwatch's hurtboxes are identical, as things like Hanzo arrows and Roadhog hook don't get stuck in walls overly easily but can hit people you can't even see around corners.

(aside: when I went to record that gfy, I discovered tf2 apparently removed the commands to display all hit/hurtboxes since the last time I played ;_;)
Funny you would say this because I watched this video earlier this morning

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
CCI: where people wonder if fates is a real fire emblem game.

:150:
it's the same **** like when people called Mario 3D World "not a REAL 3D Mario"

If you don't mind the icepick would be really good in my eyeball after that. Thank you for making me curious enough to see what exactly you meant. I joked about that thread being at its worst and I'm really regretting that because somehow

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Is there anyone here who has gotten above a 30 on the ACT Science section?

For the life of me I can't do well enough on it. I do well on literally all the other sections.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Is there anyone here who has gotten above a 30 on the ACT Science section?

For the life of me I can't do well enough on it. I do well on literally all the other sections.

I got a 33 on it last time! It was my best section. :D

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Attn: Due to several reports of FROG ABUSE that have finally made it through filing and been put on my desk, I have addressT the issue.

:secretkpop:

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The only name I didn't understand was "brb deleting my search history."
Who deleted their search history full of Zeldaganda? :D

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Also, on a more brighter note.

New Yooka-Laylee trailer for E3! :yeahboi:

I love the jab they do at Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
Honestly, Yooka-Laylee is the type of game I've been waiting for for a long time. I feel like since the GameCube/PS2 era we havent really gotten many classic style adventure platformers with that kind of charm. Ever since the PS3 and 360 took over the market it's been all about realism, which isn't necessarily bad, but we've been missing what those older games had and felt like. Nintendo has been the only one to keep some of it for the most part, but hopefully we can slowly start to get more games like this again.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Honestly, Yooka-Laylee is the type of game I've been waiting for for a long time. I feel like since the GameCube/PS2 era we havent really gotten many classic style adventure platformers with that kind of charm. Ever since the PS3 and 360 took over the market it's been all about realism, which isn't necessarily bad, but we've been missing what those older games had and felt like. Nintendo has been the only one to keep some of it for the most part, but hopefully we can slowly start to get more games like this again.
Funny thing is that I've only ever played 2 other Rare games that were by those employees who are making Yooka-Laylee. They were Donkey Kong Land 3 which I played many years ago, and then several months back; played Donkey Kong 64 on the Wii U VC. DK64 imo has not aged well. :c

And I do agree that too many games have gone for the more realistic and edgy kind of vibes every since the 360/PS3 did come out. I can only think of a few cartoon-y games that came out on those systems. Like Nuts & Bolts, Sonic Generations, Sly Cooper, Little Big Planet and does Disgaea count too? Whereas Nintendo's systems like you said, have indeed kept some of it in the most part. Like Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, etc.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I got a 33 on it last time! It was my best section. :D
I have the ACT this saturday! Teach me your ways!

This was the last practice test I took (I did it this morning)

English: 32
Math: 32
Reading : 32
Science: 28

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

*was proud of my scores until I saw this*
:sadsheep:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I studied for 1 - 8 hours a day for the past 8 months.

My scores aren't that impressive considering I've done like . . . . 500 hours worth of ACT studying

Well to be fair I didn't study at all ;w;
I'm a lame student
My highest score was in...English I think, a 31. Maybe Reading. Everything else was in the high 20s

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The only big standardized test I've taken is the SAT. I actually did way better than I was expecting because I was super tired the day it was administered and I didn't study at all. I'll probably retake it because I know I can do better, but I didn't do poorly or anything.

Idk if I even need to take the ACT tbh

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I've had standardized testing shoved up my ass since I could count thanks to our awful great education system.

I haven't taken SATs/ACTs yet.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's been a few years since I took the ACT but my scores were pretty good. (Disclaimer: I took the test at least two times before that, once in 7th grade)

Reading 35
Math 35
Science 32
English 32

I did better on the science portion when I took it before (a 34) but whatever.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I had studied a bunch for the February ACT test, but I got an upper respiratory infection the day before. I had a headache, my nose was stuffed and runny, I hated. Still managed to pull a 30 out of my ass.

wedl!! wedl!! I highly suggest you take the ACT as soon as possible. Doing the ACT in your junior year is NOT fun, so get the score you need while your plate still has room.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Next year is going to be fun because I'm going to take 3 AP classes and not have a lunch

I really hate myself

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Well dang, the only time I've taken the ACT was a few months ago in my junior year
All you gorls are so smart and prepared ;w;

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Sitting here as a Canadian, I'm wondering what all this crap about act/sat is.

I get that its testing and stuff but does it decide what uni/college you get into?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

But my ways are terrible ;_;
Never study, stay up until 1 AM or later playing Smash, and eat sugar. And I mean 100% sugar, not cookies or chocolate or anything like that.
(But seriously I've never studied for anything in my life.)
:D
I get that its testing and stuff but does it decide what uni/college you get into?
Basically, yeah. They look at your score from 1 or both tests and that's just one of the many things they look at.
:D

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
a) ouch :/

b) how the hell do you not have a lunch period
In my school at least, lunch periods are optional, meaning you don't have to have one if you don't want to

The only way I could get all of the classes (except ASL II rip :'( ) to fit into my schedule was to not have a lunch

tbh i don't really care that much because i can just bring a granola bar and eat it between classes or something

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And I do agree that too many games have gone for the more realistic and edgy kind of vibes every since the 360/PS3 did come out. I can only think of a few cartoon-y games that came out on those systems. Like Nuts & Bolts, Sonic Generations, Sly Cooper, Little Big Planet and does Disgaea count too? Whereas Nintendo's systems like you said, have indeed kept some of it in the most part. Like Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, etc.
Sees no mention of Ratchet & Clank which had 6 releases on the PS3 plus remasters/ports of the 4 PS2 games on the PS3. :(

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Did I mention that I need to make 34 to get a Wii U?

I can't continue to live like @Antonykun and play smash 3ds my whole life.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I completely bombed my ACT since I got confused on how it was scored (18 LOL) but did a lot better on the SAT. I think I got like a 1530 or something which is just average. I think.

I never studied for either of them since I hardly study for anything because I'm terrible.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I remember the days when I played Smash 3DS. I remember the day I broke my thumbstick playing it. I remember the days when I played Smash 3DS with a broken thumbstick. I'm glad those days are over.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Did I mention that I need to make 34 to get a Wii U?

I can't continue to live like @Antonykun and play smash 3ds my whole life.

I got a composite 34 even though the average of the four sections was 33.5. I guess they round up.

Not sure if getting a Wii U is worth it at this point if the rumors of Nintendo unveiling their NX this year are true.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Why are all of you so smart ;;;-;;;
Anyone up to some games? I feel like fighting competent people tonight lol
Edit: agh nvm, I'm just gonna watch Hulu ;3;

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just saw someone say that 1.0.4 Greninja was "objectively" worse than Zelda and Ganon

:dizzy:

How much did that meme affect the general perception of Greninja? lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
where did you see that, 1.0.0 greninja was the best character in the game wtf

the fact that he could just dacus back and forth and spam neutral b and side b out of all aerial lag was crazy

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Duuuuude. Someone tried to make an alt for Peach based on Ness's default outfit and it doesn't look like Ness, but Peach looks cute.

Y'know, I think we need a new princess in the Mario games with black or dark brunette hair... And I just realized this as I was typing that Peach kind of looks like Snow White with that alt. Oh, and someone revealed the true form of Rosalina & Luma.

Edit: Just remembered something: has anyone played Super Princess Peach? Heard it was a good game.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Duuuuude. Someone tried to make an alt for Peach based on Ness's default outfit and it doesn't look like Ness, but Peach looks cute.
[/SPOILER]

Edit: Just remember something: has anyone played Super Princess Peach? Heard it was a good game.[/SPOILER]
Yeah she just needs the yellow dress.

Stupidest princess ever btw.

I can't believe Nintendo got away with the ending text for Super Princess Peach.

Last edited:
Top Bottom