• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Decided to play until I got another level since I was already halfway through the bar and well

I don't play McCree but that's pretty sweet.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
McCree... that reminds me, Red Dead Redemption 2 is supposedly in development. I need my Old West video game fix. Lever actions and revolvers... There's Call of Juarez that I should play... Sitting in my backlog. Don't think those games were considered good, well, the recent ones. Also, today I learned that ROB's Uair loop hits are called by subroutines like a rapid jab or Special would... Weird...

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
HI I LIKE ZELDA AND ZELDA GAMES! I ALSO LIKE LIKING THINGS! :D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
HI I LIKE ZELDA AND ZELDA GAMES! I ALSO LIKE LIKING THINGS! :D:D:D:D
*purposely ignores Rizen's post* Who are you?

I always mishear Cherche's "Poor you!" as "Who are you?" It started out weird and then it became funny.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh no... This is going to be like the time when Berserker became Temmie.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Guys we need a second co-op Kirby game like the Wii one. Return to Dreamland was SOOOOO fun, my cousin and I beat the main game 88% on a blind playthrough doing co-op in a straight 6 and a half hour grind. We never got bored ONCE. At all. Not even during some of the more tame water/sky levels.

Local Co-op makes everything so fun, why is gaming straying away from it ;_;

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
About to proceed with my University work. I have to post a picture of a service map, I think maybe of where I live or somewhere else, either way. I'll be looking through what I have to do, and then I'll be proceeding on making my board game design. :V

Also, to answer the question I posted yesterday about my five favourite units from Awakening & Fates (In no particular order):

5. Lucina - Gotta be honest, when I first saw her; I didn't really care. But since I started maining her in Smash; I actually started to like her more; her personality and the fact that she is so dedicated to changing the future for the better; plus the skills she can get are pretty good. Heck, in Fates (If you have the amiibo) she can be super useful! And she's quite challenging to beat too.

4. Tharja - This woman... THIS woman, is cute. :3 (But seriously, she is). This was pretty much the woman that I married in Awakening, sure she's absolute trash at being a mother; but I do like the fact that she does care and that she's willing to change herself for the better. Her skills are pretty cool and her design... <3 (At least she isn't as yandere as her reincarnation Rhajat.)

3. Donnel - THIS IS THE HERO THAT WE ALL DESERVED! Donnel at first, is useless; as in VERY useless, one of the worst classes in the game, and his stats don't help either. However! Putting all the time and effort into him and ranking him up into the Hero class is definitely worth it. It's kinda like watching a Shonen Jump anime like My Hero Academia, how he moved up from being a weakling to becoming a really strong and powerful hero. Not only that, his skills are VERY good. Aptitude is too good in Awakening (It did get nerfed in Fates sadly), and his Underdog skill is amazing too. If you failed to level him up in his Xenologue, sorry you missed out on having him in your army. His personality is nice too, caring and wanting to get stronger and help those too.

2. Olivia - Fun fact, I was originally going to S Support Olivia when I first saw her. She's so adorable! Sure, her class can leave so much to desire and that her stats are pretty bad. But I honestly love her personality, she's so shy and kind; I used to be shy myself, but that was probably during puberty. Her ability to grant any unit the ability to act twice in a turn is great too. And I definitely did find her very helpful. Plus her son is such a tease too. :secretkpop:

1. Chrom - Why is Chrom so cool!? Is it because he's voiced by Sugita Tomokazu? The same guy who voices Kyon from Haruhi and Gintoki from Gintama? I dunno. But he's really cool. The fact that he has so much freedom to explore the world is cool for royalty, but honestly; his personality is nice, strong, independent at times and badass at times too. Shame that no one would've wanted an Ike clone, right? :secretkpop:

Should mention that I've only got Birthright as of now. So I won't be adding any of the Conquest characters. Sorry. :c

5. Jakob - Why are you so AWESOME!? Jakob is probably one of my favourite male units in Fates right now. He's just soooo cool! He's willing to serve, his backstory is really interesting, and the amount of trash he can say is just hilarious (Sure it isn't godlike like Azura's. But that's besides the point), even for a Butler class. He is so tanky and powerful! He's my highest leveled unit right now (Lv. 31 as of now).

4. Sophie - Sophie is pretty much Felicia 2.0 (It's funny that I had Silas and Felicia marry. :p), but she's adorable. She really wants to improve, but due to many hurdles she has to get over; she knows that she'll never reach it due to her clumsy nature and that Avel is pretty much Ash's Pikachu when they started their journey. But she's super good too, it's kinda funny that she has good Res as well despite being a Paladin; plus she and Felicia can definitely relate.

3. Mozu - This is kind of the same thing that happened with Donnel, except Donnel didn't lose his family and village to monsters. Mozu starts off just like Donnel class wise, but can be built up to be a strong unit. Shame she doesn't get access to the Hero class, but Master of Arms is close enough (Or Sniper if you wanna go that route. :V). I find it funny that she's also strong as well, being able to carry tons of items and boxes with ease that even Corrin would struggle carrying. She wants to improve a lot and help those around her and is even an excellent cook (Which I found out in Ryoma's support conversations with her). Shame is the skills she and Donnel share, hers are weaker and got nerfed. But that doesn't stop her from being a powerhouse if the time is put into her.

2. Rhajat - ...Yeah, I know. She's VERY yandere in this, and while her support conversations with Corrin are... not that good to be honest, her conversations with her Mother and Hayato do interest me. Even her Japanese conversations she has with Female Corrin are really good too. Showing that she's shy and very lonely, she wants to get the respect from her Mother. Even in her Japanese conversation, she's actually nicer too; showing that she definitely wants to try and socialize from being invited to a tea party by Corrin and even reading her fortune. Shame that she basically got reduced to a full on yandere in this.
Since I got her mother to be Kagero, she is very fast, and the fact that I don't even need a Ninja class to unlock chests and doors is a god send for me.

1. Rinkah - This was VERY hard for me to choose, since I had quite a few other characters I enjoyed, like Ryoma, Shigure, Sakura and Hinoka. Buuut I had to pick Rinkah, at first she's very distant but I like the fact that she does eventually open up even though Onis have a law that tells them to distance themselves from humans and other species. Brave, powerful and pretty cool too, even though she is a hothead. :secretkpop: Her stats I do wish could be better in some categories, but other than that she is a strong cannon. She's also very good at making toast too. :troll:

Oh, I had Jakob and Azura reach S Support; so I now got Shigure and Dwyer in my army now. Might have Setsuna S Support Saizo and Sakura go with Subaki.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
*purposely ignores Rizen's post* Who are you?

I always mishear Cherche's "Poor you!" as "Who are you?" It started out weird and then it became funny.
WHAT SHE DOESN'T SAY "WHO ARE YOU"?!!!!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think the change of weather is probably effecting my connection when playing TF2. :V

Since I usually have a ping of 40, but sometimes it just spikes to around 500 - 700. Might not play TF2 for a while if its going to be like this. :V

Also, ESAM has just posted his 2nd video of his own tier list. :V

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So disappointed in you gorls mishearing the best waifu smh. Maybe y'all no longer deserve to live anymore :^)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Guys we need a second co-op Kirby game like the Wii one. Return to Dreamland was SOOOOO fun, my cousin and I beat the main game 88% on a blind playthrough doing co-op in a straight 6 and a half hour grind. We never got bored ONCE. At all. Not even during some of the more tame water/sky levels.

Local Co-op makes everything so fun, why is gaming straying away from it ;_;
Return to Dreamland is the best Kirby game just for that co-op tbh me and my cousin had soooo much fun playing it.

I might get burned alive for this but so far, the only disagreements I have with ESAM's tier list (the ones that I remember at least) are the positions of Lucas, Wario, Ike, and Palutena. Everything else seems fine

Edit: Oh right. Duck Hunt. That was a WEIRD placement

Edit 2: And Bowser

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
From seeing part two of his Low Tiers video. I disagree with the placements for Ike, both Pits and Bowser. Ryo has shown how good Ike can be, the Pits are self explanatory, and Bowser is at his best right now, I believe they're all sitting in Mid Tier.

Whereas ones like Wario and Charizard I'm kind of okay with.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I watched Wade's LP of Fran Bow. At first I thought the game would be another snuff horror game like Neverending Nightmares but it got better. The ending was a big disappointment since the middle set so much up that was never explained. It didn't tie elements together like psychological horror games should.
Fran's interactions with her kitty were sooo sweet <3.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
yeah the Pits are self-explanatory. Mediocre, underwhelming, and not only boring but far too honest. Sorrybutnotsorry, that's how they've always been to me.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Lucio is awesome

Why have I not been playing this character
Lucio is probably the easiest character to make yourself useful with.

You help literally by standing there and occasionally pressing E or Q

And also depending on the map you might push somebody off a cliff =V

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
this is mostly for KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer cuz of his recent tweet but lots of gorls here play overwatch (and some play TF2) so i'm posting it here as a PSA of sorts

Characters in TF2 have two hurtbox sets. One set is, as you would expect, a bunch of boxes structurally similar to the character's body, which is used for bullet hit detection. The other set is a single large box around the character, which is used for collision but is also used for projectile hit detection. The result is that characters are much larger targets for weaponry like explosives or arrows than they are for bullets, which results in some sketchy-looking interactions sometimes.

Hanzo's australian ancestor.

I'd bet money Overwatch's hurtboxes are identical, as things like Hanzo arrows and Roadhog hook don't get stuck in walls overly easily but can hit people you can't even see around corners.

(aside: when I went to record that gfy, I discovered tf2 apparently removed the commands to display all hit/hurtboxes since the last time I played ;_;)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wazzat mean?
It means you can't get a move's frame data as easily when subroutines are involved. So, for someone who records frame data and can't dump or doesn't know how to dump a game's files to try and read everything, there are going to be moves where people won't be able to know at the time. For the most part, it's fine since people don't really need to know exactly how a looping hit is working, but for some people, they really want to know how something is working, especially if it's not working properly.

So, this is ROB's Nair. Values are mostly in hexadecimal which you can search for a convertor if you can't read it. Kind of simple, right? It's all labeled and you can figure out what hitbox is doing what.
Code:
?SetBit(0x2100000d)
AsynchronousTimer(18.000000)#frame 18
Hitbox_B738EABD(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x3, Damage=8.000000, Angle=0x3c, KBG=0x64, FKB=0x0, BKB=0x32, Size=7.000000, X=-6.000000, Y=0.000000, Z=0.000000, Effect=0x5, Trip=0x0, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, Clang=0x0, ?=0x0, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x2, Ground/Air=0x8, Direct/Indirect=0x3, 0x0, 0xc)
Hitbox_B738EABD(ID=0x1, Part=0x0, Bone=0x3, Damage=6.000000, Angle=0x46, KBG=0x62, FKB=0x0, BKB=0x32, Size=5.000000, X=-1.000000, Y=0.000000, Z=0.000000, Effect=0x5, Trip=0x0, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, Clang=0x1, ?=0x1, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x2, Ground/Air=0x8, Direct/Indirect=0x3, 0x0, 0xc)
AsynchronousTimer(33.000000)#frame 33
RemoveAllHitboxes()
?ClearBit(0x2100000d)
End()
This is ROB's Uair. Yeah... You can tell what the last hitbox is doing, but not the looping hits which are all called by subroutines.
Code:
?SetBit(0x2100000d)
AsynchronousTimer(7.000000)#frame 7
subRoutine?_FA1BC28A(0x90d27adeL)
AsynchronousTimer(9.000000)#frame 9
AsynchronousTimer(13.000000)#frame 13
AsynchronousTimer(17.000000)#frame 17
AsynchronousTimer(26.000000)#frame 26
Hitbox_B738EABD(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=4.000000, Angle=0x46, KBG=0xb4, FKB=0x0, BKB=0x2d, Size=7.500000, X=0.000000, Y=14.000000, Z=0.000000, Effect=0x0, Trip=0x0, Hitlag=2.000000, SDI=1.000000, Clang=0x1, ?=0x1, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x2, Ground/Air=0x1, Direct/Indirect=0x3, 0x1, 0x4)
Hitbox_B738EABD(ID=0x1, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=4.000000, Angle=0x46, KBG=0xb4, FKB=0x0, BKB=0x2d, Size=11.000000, X=0.000000, Y=24.000000, Z=0.000000, Effect=0x0, Trip=0x0, Hitlag=2.000000, SDI=1.000000, Clang=0x1, ?=0x1, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x2, Ground/Air=0x1, Direct/Indirect=0x3, 0x1, 0x4)
SynchronousTimer(1.000000)#frame 27
RemoveAllHitboxes()
AsynchronousTimer(40.000000)#frame 40
?ClearBit(0x2100000d)
End()
Subroutines call something to happen which in most cases is a hitbox. So, during ROB's Uair, a subroutine is called to repeat a hitbox that does whatever before the last hit happens. Can moves work without them? Yeah, like other multi-hits that use hitbox refreshes or even have all the hitboxes coded out like Falco's Nair, but I think that is because Falco's Nair has an irregular rhythm unlike other multi-hits that have a rhythm i.e. multi-hits hit every X frames instead of 0, 4, and 5 frames which is how Falco's Nair works. I hope my explanation makes any sense. If not, ask BJN39 or Lavani for a more proper explanation.

His ultimate reminds me of Red Dead Redemption 2's dead eye mechanic so yeah

**** that ****
Red Dead: Redemption's Dead Eye reminds me of Max Payne's Shootdodge -- gee, I wonder? -- and Splinter Cell: Conviction's Mark and Execute where you have to tag someone instead of them showing up and getting auto-targeted... Funny how McCree's ultimate is called Deadeye. I feel like McCree's Deadeye has more in line with Ninja Gaiden's Ultimate Techniques where there's a delay, a charge, before you can act unlike Red Dead, Max Payne, and Splinter Cell's where because they're singleplayer games, it wouldn't really make sense for there to be a delay since you're only fighting AI instead of people. McCree's Deadeye probably is more similar with games with screen clearing attacks.

WHAT SHE DOESN'T SAY "WHO ARE YOU"?!!!!
I said I misheard her saying "Who are you?" not that she says "Who are you?" The way she says "poor" sounds like "who're" or "who are" at times. ;_;

Oh, and we're getting a HD remaster of Final Fantasy XII for the PS4 with the International Zodiac Job System instead of the do everything you want, but because characters have different stats and growths and even attack times, some of them are going to be worse than others like Fran being a worse Vaan or Balthier, Fran, and Penolo inexplicably having slower attacks with bows, crossbows, and guns which is kind of stupid when Balthier and Fran start off with a gun and a bow, respectively. In the end, it doesn't really matter much when you're high level or maxed out, but in the beginning, lower stats does hurt Fran and in the long run for bosses and stuff, slower attacks will add up... Anyway, source: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/06/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-announced-playstation-4/. I get to be HD now. :p

That only leaves... 2 main Final Fantasy games that haven't been ported over, remastered, or remade? Final Fantasy VIII and XI, right? Well, also the ones that weren't for recent consoles and PCs, but were on the handhelds like FFIV for the 3DS and PSP. There's also the spin-offs like the Crystal Chronicles games... Oh, that would be badass if they could get those on consoles and PCs. Co-op fun! Better yet would be to make new ones which, hey, the Wii U or NX would also appreciate having.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
this is mostly for KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer cuz of his recent tweet but lots of gorls here play overwatch (and some play TF2) so i'm posting it here as a PSA of sorts

Characters in TF2 have two hurtbox sets. One set is, as you would expect, a bunch of boxes structurally similar to the character's body, which is used for bullet hit detection. The other set is a single large box around the character, which is used for collision but is also used for projectile hit detection. The result is that characters are much larger targets for weaponry like explosives or arrows than they are for bullets, which results in some sketchy-looking interactions sometimes.
So that explains how the Huntsman got the name "Lucksman". Dem disjoints hitboxes. <3 (Also, fun fact was that I remember reading ages ago before it got patched was that the Festive Huntsman had a much bigger hurtbox than the regular Huntsman, which was pretty much an upgrade from it. Till it got patched. :V)

I'd bet money Overwatch's hurtboxes are identical, as things like Hanzo arrows and Roadhog hook don't get stuck in walls overly easily but can hit people you can't even see around corners.

(aside: when I went to record that gfy, I discovered tf2 apparently removed the commands to display all hit/hurtboxes since the last time I played ;_;)
But can Hanzo do this? :secretkpop:

Also, TF2 did add in the ability to easily record your own demos too. But I'm still waiting for the Competitive Update to come through. :V (Plus, they've been dealing with cheaters really well too last month, especially those who use the cheating software LMAOBOX.)

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

cheers

dude, roadhog hit me with a hook and I went through a SOLID CRATE last night, and Hanzo shot at a doorway and I DIED despite not being on his screen.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just reached level 8 and I still haven't gotten a single skin from any of my loot boxes

why does this game hate me so much

Top Bottom