• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hey gorls, I was wondering if any of you had any experience in some basic animating and would be willing to help me make an intro for my YouTube channel.

I'm currently trying to learn some about it but I suck at it. So any help would be great!!

I can write you a song in return for your help...... because that's all I'm good at.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hey gorls, I was wondering if any of you had any experience in some basic animating and would be willing to help me make an intro for my YouTube channel.

I'm currently trying to learn some about it but I suck at it. So any help would be great!!

I can write you a song in return for your help...... because that's all I'm good at.
Sorry, I have no knowledge on making good intros.

Channel banner however, I would like to try and make one, or ask someone to help me make one.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
wow ur a li'l late to the party on that one

they all look fake imo. the bad quality of the image is probs intentional to mask the photoshop job

none of them look like sugimori's art style
the fact they all look like **** is another reason i hope they're fake

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I waited, and waited, and waited, and finally, it came....

This is it. The final deathblow.....!
Annnd... so it begins.

You could probably make the same gif, but with any of Capcom's characters and it would also work. At least Capcom's still making games...

Its signature move is called Moongeist Beam
It's supposed to be read like "moon-geist", but when I first saw it, I read it in my head as "moon-gee-est". :p

Speaking of which, has anyone played Geist on the Gamecube? I still have a booklet game companies used to give out -- this one being Nintendo's to show their upcoming GCN games -- and I still remember Geist being in one of them.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
What kind of animation?
Not like hand drawn or anything. Just simply matching text (and a logo) with music in a pleasing way. I could do one, but so far it looks like a 4th grader made it and they got a B+ on it.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Not like hand drawn or anything. Just simply matching text (and a logo) with music in a pleasing way. I could do one, but so far it looks like a 4th grader made it and they got a B+ on it.
Ah. I'm sure someone could do it, if it's just that much.

I haven't played with video editing in years, so it would probably look about as good as yours if I tried.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why did the clown seal turn into an otter?
My question is why is it Water/Fighting when it looks like Water/Psychic. The "robe" reminds me of a sorcerer like Doctor Strange instead of a monk or something like Tenzin from The Legend of Korra. Then again, they could be going for the spiritual side of martial arts... Real or not, Rowlet's supposed final evolution reminds me of Kaepora Gaebora and since it's questionable...

I really should replay OoT again and try to 100% it this time. It would be my... third or fourth time playing it then.

Last edited:

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
My question is why is it Water/Fighting when it looks like Water/Psychic. The "robe" makes it look like a sorcerer like Doctor Strange instead of a monk or something like Tenzin from The Legend of Korra. Real or not, Rowlet's supposed final evolution reminds me of Kaepora Gaebora and since it's questionable...

I really should replay OoT again and try to 100% it this time. It would be my... third or fourth time playing it then.
I'm the kind of person who can't let go of a really good game. I've played through OoT 3 times, Resident Evil 4 four times, and Starfox 64 3 times. But as far as trying to get 100%, I would honestly say that's more frustration than it's worth. Those Skullatas can be brutal.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm the kind of person who can't let go of a really good game. I've played through OoT 3 times, Resident Evil 4 four times, and Starfox 64 3 times. But as far as trying to get 100%, I would honestly say that's more frustration than it's worth. Those Skullatas can be brutal.
In OoT you can cheat for spiders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZEDHHDvA4
but aside from bragging rights of actually collecting them, there's no reason to get over 50 anyway.

Ever have a day when the fates would not allow you to play video games? I'm playing shovel knight plague of shadows, Specter Knight's level. The one where lightning flashes and only lights up platforms a short time. I got many phone calls from people I don't even know and my cat bugged me 3 times for pets and tore around the house. :mad:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
In OoT you can cheat for spiders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZEDHHDvA4
but aside from bragging rights of actually collecting them, there's no reason to get over 50 anyway.

Ever have a day when the fates would not allow you to play video games? I'm playing shovel knight plague of shadows, Specter Knight's level. The one where lightning flashes and only lights up platforms a short time. I got many phone calls from people I don't even know and my cat bugged me 3 times for pets and tore around the house. :mad:
That level is annoying. I really didn't like the mechanics of Plague Knight, I'm excited for the other DLC characters though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That level is annoying. I really didn't like the mechanics of Plague Knight, I'm excited for the other DLC characters though.
Specter K's level is a huge difficulty spike, it feels as hard as the last 3 knight levels. I like Shovel K better but as a free DLC mode, Plague K is fun.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I felt like Shovel Knight was kind of overrated (still great, just got talked-up a lot), but I loved Plague Knight. I tried speedrunning it a few times and got a 48:xx, if I'd bothered to submit the run it would've been #8 on speedrun.com at the time and would still be #11 now.

I kind of want to get back into it but I'm so inconsistent and I don't really have the patience or stamina to do resets for hours just to choke a good run at Propeller Knight's stage (this happened maybe 10 times, that stage is brutal when you're trying to go fast).

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I felt like Shovel Knight was kind of overrated (still great, just got talked-up a lot), but I loved Plague Knight. I tried speedrunning it a few times and got a 48:xx, if I'd bothered to submit the run it would've been #8 on speedrun.com at the time and would still be #11 now.

I kind of want to get back into it but I'm so inconsistent and I don't really have the patience or stamina to do resets for hours just to choke a good run at Propeller Knight's stage (this happened maybe 10 times, that stage is brutal when you're trying to go fast).
I probably hate Plague because it felt so odd compared to Shovel Knight. He's smoother mechanically but the game wasn't interesting enough for me to want to play through it as a character I didn't really like.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That's understandable. He's a very, uh, different character. I loved how mobile he was in comparison to Shovel Knight, and he was my favorite knight to begin with, and his story gave him some character development and showed a second, sweeter side to him, so I really enjoyed playing as Plague.

it was so heartwarming when he learned how to dance just to make Mona happy ;_;

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

This is a community MU chart for Greninja made by the Brazilian Smash community

I had very little to do with this

This is what happens when you're known as one of the most consistent players in the country lol

Last edited:
yeah uh. when people talk about match-ups and ask me for help, i don't even know. like, theorizing helps (it actually does sometimes) but when it comes to being confident with a match-up, i think for me... it's safe to say i'm only confident in about... say less than 8 match-ups (Link, Yoshi, Sheik, Mario, Falcon, Villager, Peach). when i meant confident, i don't mean, "well, i played this guy maybe 3 or 4 times in tournaments so i think i know this mu well." i meant i've grinded the match-up, played countless matches with those who main those characters and that ****

plus, with rage being a thing in the game and some other stupid bull**** this game has, it kinda makes match-ups a lot more complicated than they seem to be. you can argue that theoretically, dk loses to a huge chunk of the cast but with rage and ding dong, who gives a ****, right?

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I like how Zelda is only -1. She'll be my new Greninja counter.

yeah uh. when people talk about match-ups and ask me for help, i don't even know. like, theorizing helps (it actually does sometimes) but when it comes to being confident with a match-up, i think for me... it's safe to say i'm only confident in about... say less than 8 match-ups (Link, Yoshi, Sheik, Mario, Falcon, Villager, Peach). when i meant confident, i don't mean, "well, i played this guy maybe 3 or 4 times in tournaments so i think i know this mu well." i meant i've grinded the match-up, played countless matches with those who main those characters and that ****

plus, with rage being a thing in the game and some other stupid bull**** this game has, it kinda makes match-ups a lot more complicated than they seem to be. you can argue that theoretically, dk loses to a huge chunk of the cast but with rage and ding dong, who gives a ****, right?
Match ups can also be dependent on the individual's play style. Theoretically if you have answers to all the individual moves, you win the match up, but depending on the order and combination and approach the player uses with those tools, you could be totally unprepared for a match up you thought you knew. It's not good enough to know how to fight a Link, you have to know how to fight every Link, and that's hard.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Never ask me to do a matchup spread for Falco. I tried and it ended up with Falco getting gatekept (10:90 or worse) by about 10 -- can't remember, didn't save it, stopped because it was insanity, and who would really believe a nobody --, hard countered by about 20 (20:80), loses to about 20 (30:70), and struggles (40:60) to everyone else since I don't think there is really such a thing as even MUs and that for Falco to have anything on those characters, he'd need to go 60:40 which I don't see happening with any MU for him. Yeah, everyone who made a MU chart for Zelda could compare it with mine for Falco would make it seem like Zelda's a high tier to Falco's F(alco)-tier. Yes, I'm a pessimist if that wasn't obvious by now.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I dunno and I don't really care all that much

I barely play Smash nowadays as is lol
I can relate to this, but other stuff on the 3DS (aside from Hyrule Warriors) hasn't really been holding my interest well.

I should probably get a new computer at some point so I can fill the void with Blazblue and Overwatch.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can relate to this, but other stuff on the 3DS (aside from Hyrule Warriors) hasn't really been holding my interest well.

I should probably get a new computer at some point so I can fill the void with Blazblue and Overwatch.
Or league of legends :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):secretkpop:)))))))))))))))))))))))

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Haha! Had a sort of eureka moment; Lightning's gunblades in Final Fantasy XIII are sort of like giant butterfly knives. I'm pretty sure I didn't know about butterfly knives until after FFXIII -- completely unrelated to the game, just wanted to know about them. Anyway, watched a video about how CS:GO has rare animations for weapons and the butterfly knife popped up and as I looked at it, its hilt looks like the "upper part" -- more like the intersection between the hilt and blade -- of Lightning's gunblade hilt where there's this split in between -- the "eureka" moment of, "wow, Lightning's gunblade is a bit similar to a butterfly knife". Makes sense since when a butterfly knife is closed, the two halves house the blade and when you open it, the blade and half of its hilt swings over. Not quite the same as her gunblades, but when its a gun, you could consider it as a "closed butterfly knife", and when it opens which involves a bunch of parts rotating and pushing the blade out of where it's housed, it could be considered an "open butterfly knife". The opening and closing of both aren't the same, but when Lightning switches forms for her gunblade, it's almost like she's opening a butterfly knife since it's all fancy.

Here's a butterfly knife.

In-cutscene transformation of Lightning's gunblade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxZjAICHEXE, that you might want to mute since someone put music over it and it's tinny for some reason and here's an animation someone made of her gunblade transformation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GbNRRgkrBY. Oh, and someone even made a prop of it that actually transforms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBAqDK_2IPc.

None of this was interesting to any of you, but animations are so freaking awesome.

Stupid thought: Lightning could have starred in a rip-off of Bayonetta or Devil May Cry and the gameplay would have been "there" instead of late-game sidequests that people probably don't care since the games -- don't know about Lightning Returns -- barely made use of their combat system. Seriously, her gunblade alone gives her about 2/3's of Nero's moveset. Add in gun mods so she can have a shotgun or SMG and you'd have DMC2's guns. Give her random weapons like her lances and greatswords from Lightning Returns and there you go, Square Enix just entered the "spectacle fighter" market. Freaking Square Enix presents a Final Fantasy (XIII) spin-off: "Lightning Returns: Lightning Bolt Action". RIP Raiden's game set between MGS2 and MGS4 that we'll never see because Konami.

Also,
You should listen to the song Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend.

I can't post it here because BJN will erase my soul.
I listened to it. It was okay. Heard their music before; I think the first song I heard by them was A-Punk. Don't know, I guess I'm just not a fan. Don't dislike them, but I don't like them either.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

This is a community MU chart for Greninja made by the Brazilian Smash community

I had very little to do with this

This is what happens when you're known as one of the most consistent players in the country lol
Zelda is only -1?

Gorl you need to enlighten them and make them realize that Greninja lolstomps Zelda

i made an mu chart for falco

also, before you do anything, open the image in a new tab and read the file name
lie.png

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Got through Chapter 17 of Birthright, and I played through some other Castles which are pretty much "I'm giving you a free skill!", except one had a very trollish move. They have an Elise that teleported me to her, so I was trapped and she OHKO'd me...

On a more brighter note, my next big assignment for my University course is I got to make a board game, and I can use other games (Including video games) as source of inspiration. While that will be my next part after my current activity I have to do, I'm already getting inspiration from stuff like Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Smash. I'm actually getting pretty excited on making this board game. <3

Top Bottom