• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
In my media class people keep inserting stupid Shrek memes into their film projects.

There's one kid whose entire film is basically "haha Shrek".

Help.

Also I'm probably picking up Zelda I think.

HelP.

(at least Shrek jokes are better than ****ing gay jokes. x.x)

EDIT: my friends next to me were playing Google Feud and the question "I think I'm a ___" popped up. The answers "lesbian" and "witch" popped up. :4bayonetta:

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
In my media class people keep inserting stupid Shrek memes into their film projects.

There's one kid whose entire film is basically "haha Shrek".

Help.

Also I'm probably picking up Zelda I think.

HelP.

(at least Shrek jokes are better than ****ing gay jokes. x.x)
I feel ya sis.

I remember we had to do video projects on a frickin' slave narrative and kids STILL filled it to the brim with awful puns, memes, and Drake songs.

If we're discussing a serious topic why can't they just . . take it seriously?

:150:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Zelda is only -1?

Gorl you need to enlighten them and make them realize that Greninja lolstomps Zelda
To be honest I'm not too sure on the MU being that bad for Zelda, that said it's mainly because I've gotten beaten down by more than a few Zelda players in my time playing this game lol

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I've thrashed all the Zelda main's I've come across.

I'm pretty sure it's as bad as -2 or -3

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Were they good Zelda players tho

Speaking as someone who for a time played with ven like a dozen of times, I feel like I have more qualified experience with how this MU can be lol
Shame you dropped Frog Ninja for a Dead Ninja. :secretkpop:

But seriously, I haven't fought Ven before, and I wouldn't mind doing so. Buuut lag would be god awful between us.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
ESAM said that :4zelda: is apparently better than :4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4duckhunt::4bowserjr::4wiifit::4lucina::4falco:

BAN•ZELDA

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
From watching that video. There are some placements that I definitely do not agree with.

But it's his own opinion, and each is entitled to their own; but I definitely think Lucina is not Bottom Tier, bottom of Mid Tier, yes is where I think she stands. As for Roy, I think middle of Mid Tier.

And I never expected him to put Duck Hunt at Bottom Tier. I however do agree with putting Jigglypuff and Ganondorf at Bottom.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I've never been a fan of tiers tbh. The way this game plays with so many different characters and MUs makes things too volatile for them to be effective. For example, :4gaw: is regarded as low tier( from what I remember hearing) and :4falcon: is high tier, but :4falcon:loses the MU. :4ganondorf: is bottom tier but does quite well against :4mario:. Also, I have a personal theory about tiers, and it's that there should be different tiers for "mid-level competitive play" and "high-level competitive play". What I mean by that is, basically the level of people who usually show up to locals vs the level of people we see on big-name tournaments on youtube.
For example, :4bowser:and :4myfriends: and :4ganondorf:can do quite well in mid-level play and would be called high mid-tiers (IMO), but in high-level play, they drop to low tier. This is because high level players don't make mistakes, they don't get predictable, and they know how to stuff all your options (of which these characters are limited in). :4luigi:may be mid-tier in high-level play, but would be high/top tier in mid-level play IMO because of how easy it is to get combo'ed to high percents then dying if you don't know what you're doing.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
ESAM said that :4zelda: is apparently better than :4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4duckhunt::4bowserjr::4wiifit::4lucina::4falco:

BAN•ZELDA
Well whenever he says something he ends up being wrong in like a week so... yeah...

Ex. "John#s can only win with customs."
A day or 2 later he got 1st in some tournament, even came up from losers to beat Vinnie in 2 sets.

So basically he's saying Zelda is the 8th best in the game and those other 7 are the only characters better than Zelda.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
While I can't decide for sure whether I truly believe Zelda is the worst character in SSB4 v1.1.6 or not, I think #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary will probably end up carrying Zelda out of the bottom-most spot.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
aero's tier list is the best one so far

Also, I have a personal theory about tiers, and it's that there should be different tiers for "mid-level competitive play" and "high-level competitive play".
You aren't wrong, but I feel like it's been a "read between the lines" sort of deal in pretty much every game's community. At low/mid level, reward matters more and risk matters less, and "easy to use" goes a lot further toward effectiveness, which is why we've seen nerfs to characters like Yoshi, Dedede, Corrin, and Zelda who aren't top tiers but are easy to steamroll with at lower levels of play.

rip din's fire

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
To be honest I'm not too sure on the MU being that bad for Zelda, that said it's mainly because I've gotten beaten down by more than a few Zelda players in my time playing this game lol
I may be a little biased since I've been taken out of bracket like...4-5 times by a Greninja.

I just don't see what Zelda can do at all. She gets camped out really bad, can't keep up with him, he auto ducks moves, frame traps her very easily, can punish very easy because of his dash grab, and has disjoints to combat Nayru's. He can space aerials on her shield all day without worrying. It's also difficult to edgeguard him since his recovery is so versatile. Oh, and if she gets caught autopiloting while recovering, Hydro Pump will wreck her. And the Shadow Sneak hitstun cancelling makes any string/combo risky since Zelda will almost surely be punished because of the endlag.

But hey at least we can reflect Shurikens!!11!:secretkpop:
Utilt utilt auto whiffs on Greninja at 0 lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
While I can't decide for sure whether I truly believe Zelda is the worst character in SSB4 v1.1.6 or not, I think #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary will probably end up carrying Zelda out of the bottom-most spot.
Competitively or overall? If overall, I'd say Falco's the worst. :p

Also, Falco is starting to become more prolific in his anime appearances. Gotta make money somehow even if you're just a random extra.

And I should watch that anime about having an in-game waifu who turns about to be a real life waifu. Looks hilarious.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I actually may be going to a tournament soon, but this is Texas we're talking about lol, so I would need a hella lot of luck to hope for even a 'decent' placing.

Rickster Rickster Tbh I hate the MU for both chars

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
That man hasn't seen a Japanese :4duckhunt: yet.
Since you mentioned him. I decided to look up some of the best Duck Hunt players out there.

And my god... You3's DH has some crazy stuff in this combo video I found! Like set-ups, baits and all sorts. This guy makes me wanna try and learn DHD. *w*

Even Brood's is amazing too.

Also, off topic. I looked up the Sequel of Cardcaptor Sakura, and it's called "Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc".

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I may be a little biased since I've been taken out of bracket like...4-5 times by a Greninja.

I just don't see what Zelda can do at all. She gets camped out really bad, can't keep up with him, he auto ducks moves, frame traps her very easily, can punish very easy because of his dash grab, and has disjoints to combat Nayru's. He can space aerials on her shield all day without worrying. It's also difficult to edgeguard him since his recovery is so versatile. Oh, and if she gets caught autopiloting while recovering, Hydro Pump will wreck her. And the Shadow Sneak hitstun cancelling makes any string/combo risky since Zelda will almost surely be punished because of the endlag.

But hey at least we can reflect Shurikens!!11!:secretkpop:
Utilt utilt auto whiffs on Greninja at 0 lol
SSHC shouldn't be relevant in this MU I'd say, it might get Gren out of N-Air but I'm not sure if the endlag would be punishable or not, it probably is.

And what do you mean he auto ducks moves? Greninja is not that small lol

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Since you mentioned him. I decided to look up some of the best Duck Hunt players out there.

And my god... You3's DH has some crazy stuff in this combo video I found! Like set-ups, baits and all sorts. This guy makes me wanna try and learn DHD. *w*

Even Brood's is amazing too.

Also, off topic. I looked up the Sequel of Cardcaptor Sakura, and it's called "Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc".
Yeah Brood's Duck Hunt....

Poor Onpu, his Zelda even outplaced Abadango in this tourney, rip

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
SSHC shouldn't be relevant in this MU I'd say, it might get Gren out of N-Air but I'm not sure if the endlag would be punishable or not, it probably is.

Our Jab barely clips him, and his landing animation (like Pikachu's) makes him crouch under Dash Attack, Jab, Grab, and Utilt. Falling Nair is also really hard to get while he's grounded.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Can escape nair, but that should be a free punish and you wouldn't be able to get out of it when Zelda has enough rage (though that isn't until around 110% I think).

Fsmash/usmash have low enough KB that not even rage would be able to prevent it, but I think the hitrate on both those moves are too fast to escape, and she still probably gets a punish on an escaped fsmash. Would be nice to know, it's not something I can test in 3DS training.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Can escape nair, but that should be a free punish and you wouldn't be able to get out of it when Zelda has enough rage (though that isn't until around 110% I think).

Fsmash/usmash have low enough KB that not even rage would be able to prevent it, but I think the hitrate on both those moves are too fast to escape, and she still probably gets a punish on an escaped fsmash. Would be nice to know, it's not something I can test in 3DS training.
Expected as much, people make SSHC sound like a much more useful tool that it is.

Our Jab barely clips him, and his landing animation (like Pikachu's) makes him crouch under Dash Attack, Jab, Grab, and Utilt. Falling Nair is also really hard to get while he's grounded.
Huh, can't say I've ever seen that happen myself.

To think that one day Greninja's hurtbox was even smaller.

RIP being able to crouch under lasers and needles.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I forgot to tell you guys but today is gun violence awareness day.

So wear some orange if you can.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay I watched Esam's video.

Of course I'm triggered by Wii Fit in bottom 7 (lol no), but what triggered me more is how he pronounced Dedede.

It's really hard to pronounce his name wrong when the announced says it when you select the character, but Esam managed to get even that wrong. "dehdehdeh" Like what is this, I'm sorry you can't hear Xander's booming voice saying "DEEDEEDEE."

Top Bottom