• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
iirc the only moves you can cancel the jumpsquat from jumping oos with are up-b and usmash

maybe you can do it with utilt in brawl, but i doubt it

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just looked it up and usmash/up-b/any item throw are the only moves you can cancel the jumpsquat with in Smash 4.

However, in Melee, you could also cancel it with a grab.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
If you gorls want Splatoon summed up in a picture here yew go
IMG_20160314_152057.jpg

krazySyko

Smash Cadet
So having been reading through all the competitive impressions thread and other places recently, all the talk of how everyone should just pick a top tier and that characters below a certain point aren't really viable (even upper mid/potentially high like the Pits) is starting to depress me.

I have very little desire to play any of the top tiers, and when I was still debating if I wanted to get into competitive Smash, I remember debating between trying to stick it out with Zelda or switching to the Pits, who I also really liked playing. I was perfectly content switching to the Pits, but now seeing that if I really want to get into the game that might not even be good enough has got me...discouraged to say the least.

I'm probably just letting things I'm reading get to me too much, though I also think I'm spoiled a lot by Tekken where almost the entire cast (outside of like...Dr. B and arguably Angel) can compete at top level and there are results to show it. I'll be attending Final Round in Atlanta this weekend, and I'm hoping through the trip/tournament I can kinda re-find my motivation for both this game and Tekken.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So having been reading through all the competitive impressions thread and other places recently, all the talk of how everyone should just pick a top tier and that characters below a certain point aren't really viable (even upper mid/potentially high like the Pits) is starting to depress me.

I have very little desire to play any of the top tiers, and when I was still debating if I wanted to get into competitive Smash, I remember debating between trying to stick it out with Zelda or switching to the Pits, who I also really liked playing. I was perfectly content switching to the Pits, but now seeing that if I really want to get into the game that might not even be good enough has got me...discouraged to say the least.

I'm probably just letting things I'm reading get to me too much, though I also think I'm spoiled a lot by Tekken where almost the entire cast (outside of like...Dr. B and arguably Angel) can compete at top level and there are results to show it. I'll be attending Final Round in Atlanta this weekend, and I'm hoping through the trip/tournament I can kinda re-find my motivation for both this game and Tekken.
Actually just pick Bayo or Sheik so you can compete :))

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

things to keep in mind:
  1. the player is a bigger factor, whether aiming to be the best, to push a character to its limits or just trying to compete it's more important how a character feels to you. even if bad there is a lot of experience to be gained from enjoying who you play and willingly improve them. You don't become a top player by saying :4sheik: is the best character, learning things every sheik player does and only playing sheik. You should always develop you as a player first, character will just come naturally.
  2. don't ask zelda social for advice

Wii Fit above Yoshi. ZeRo r u srs
I also love how the end of the URL is o_o which is my face when that happened.
Tbf WFT has results (varying from passable to decent). Yoshi does not have (or barely has) results. I don't think WFT should be that high but that's ZeRo's opinion so well ok

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Tbf WFT has results (varying from passable to decent). Yoshi does not have (or barely has) results. I don't think WFT should be that high but that's ZeRo's opinion so well ok
Seeing WFT having more/better tourament results than Yoshi is really strange to me. Especially when Yoshi is obviously the better character.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
yoshi sucks and so do peach, luigi, wario and falcon i.e the overrated mid tier crew

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I said this in the Wii Fit boards a few months ago but I'm going to say it again because it's still true.
I think Yoshi is really good, but I only think that because almost everyone near me plays as him. There was a point last year where EVERYBODY (except me) mained or secondaries Yoshi. So when Yoshi is the only character I battle and lose to, he seems really good since there isn't anything else to compare him to.
That's also why I'd much rather play against a Sheik than Yoshi or Mario.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
real hedgehogs make me mad at sonic

Look at this sweet thing and tell me it's not better than blue torture

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

When I get my own place, I'm getting a hedgehog as a pet.

Even as a massive Sonic fan, I can agree wholeheartedly with that last sentence.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

sonic is made of memes and hedgehogs
c0905f59367c1e6785284d5b98dc68b1b6529128b0b72c965163058b1982c728_1.jpg

When I get my own place, I'm getting a hedgehog as a pet.

Even as a massive Sonic fan, I can agree wholeheartedly with that last sentence.
hedgehogs are often kept in gardens
since they eat common garden pests

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
@Ffamran's taking a break from the site. I wish you luck in whatever you do and if you want to talk I'm also Rizen on smash ladder .com .

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Ffamran's account says he's banned, what's up with that? And all his special mod powers are gone too....

:150:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"banned until he decides to return"

what's the point of being banned if you can just call it off on your own?

Top Bottom