• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zelda Patch and Changes Discussion Thread

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Don't get too hyped. No buffs or changes whatsoever besides the stage are guaranteed. They're just bonuses if they're there.

Also, doesn't the maintenance end at 3 AM EST?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I got 1.1.1 at 11:11 PM .-.
REPLAYS BROKEN, DOWN TAUNT BUFFS LET'S GO

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I don't think we've received anything guys. :crying:
This patch is breaking my heart. I had faith. What happened Sak?
I'll have to test a few actual matches to see if I missed anything (I haven't been checking as well as I usually do for things), but it really doesn't feel like we got any changes at all.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I hit a sour spot dair that seemed like a new half sweet spot?

Made a weird noise and spiked a lot better than a sourspot does. Not as good as sweet spot tho.

I don't think this is actually a change.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
I don't think we've received anything guys. :crying:
This patch is breaking my heart. I had faith. What happened Sak?
I'll have to test a few actual matches to see if I missed anything (I haven't been checking as well as I usually do for things), but it really doesn't feel like we got any changes at all.
Unfortunate. But hey, at least we didn't get nerfed, so I guess that's a buff within itself... lol.

I hit a sour spot dair that seemed like a new half sweet spot?

Made a weird noise and spiked a lot better than a sourspot does. Not as good as sweet spot tho.

I don't think this is actually a change.
Sour dairs have always semi-spiked, unless they actually buffed it?

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
I saw two posts on the official patch thread claiming Zelda night have a higher run speed.
That doesn't seem like a change that would be made...
But I'm stuck at work and curiosity is eating me alive.

THE RUMORS ARE TAUNTING ME.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
I saw two posts on the official patch thread claiming Zelda night have a higher run speed.

I feel your pain, brother (... sister?) :'( We graveyard boyz

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson

He tested it on 3DS and Wii U. If I remember correctly, their blast zones are very slightly different, or something strange like that. I think Wii U has smaller blast zones.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Okay, so in training mode I can sometimes hit dair for 5% instead of 4%. It was low percentage BTW...

I think that the frame directly after the sweetspot is slightly more powerful than normal sourspot.

I still think Zelda is unchanged. This would be nearly impossible to notice.

BTW Marth got nerfed and I'll be looking for some support to do a Marth changing campaign.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
Marth got nerfed
Shield Breaker breaking shields just a little less isn't really enough of a change to merit saying he was nerfed as a character, especially since there are global changes to shield damage this patch.
...But I'm pretty sure your comment was at least half tongue-in-cheek, so nevermind.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Can someone test the dtilt > FW combo for me? Usually hits around 90%-95%
Teleport? Since when has that comboed? I'm trying but I either don't have the hang or it was never a combo to begin with.

Worked at 75 ish lol

Okaaaay, where it comboed you can't ladder with it? Kinda meh but I guess resetting the neutral is good... For other characters...

Zelda has a super easy dashdance thing. I do not remember it being so responsive. Then again, its 4am and I'm salt fueled.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Check the latest Thinkaman post in the patch thread if you want to be miserable

Also Dtilt>jump>aerial Elevator is a thing at 90 or so

Last edited:

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Teleport? Since when has that comboed? I'm trying but I either don't have the hang or it was never a combo to begin with.

Worked at 75 ish lol
It's a bit janky, but it DOES combo on certain characters at certain percents. I've actually managed to get it down consistently and been meaning to make a little Instagram montage of it, but just never got around to it. Just have to jump and do FW immediately after dtilt animation ends. Also have to read if they're DI'ing after the first hit of FW before you go up.

Like I said, its definitely a bit janky, but its so fun to do.

EDIT

Wait a motherf*cking minute.... 75 now??? Awwwwwww sheit

Last edited:

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
UTilt looks more sparkly to me, but maybe I couldn't see it before because of the background. I used it on Pirate Ship and it looked that way.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Changes confirmed by Thinkaman

Farore's Squall: Window lasts 1 more frame (what?)
Endlag decreased by 6 frames

Nayru's Passion: Windbox starts up 2 frames faster
Explosion starts 5 frames faster
Windbox slightly shifted

And some weird throw change that Sheik and Dark Pit also got, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

What a disappointment.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
It's a bit janky, but it DOES combo on certain characters at certain percents. I've actually managed to get it down consistently and been meaning to make a little Instagram montage of it, but just never got around to it. Just have to jump and do FW immediately after dtilt animation ends. Also have to read if they're DI'ing after the first hit of FW before you go up.

EDIT

Well, I kept editing that post. Try dash dance stuff. Maybe I just found a sweet g

EDIT

On Shiek in training mode. That's when it counted as a combo ( although I don't trust the counter.)

Wtf? Half charged phantom over the edge just spiked?

Confirmed uptilt is sparkly.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Yeah the last patch made it where a mod charge Phantom occasionally spikes somehow. It's something with the spacing/hitboxes overlapping or something.

I can't believe we got nothing. Or...basically nothing, rather.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
How frequent is this? Someone made a thread about this recently, actually
Not frequent I'd say, due to your having to time it, charge it, and also pray your opponent fell asleep.

You should link your Instagram montage.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Not frequent I'd say, due to your having to time it, charge it, and also pray your opponent fell asleep.

You should link your Instagram montage.
Too late, forgot and started the update -_-

But hey, I'll just make a new one lol.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
The passion's change are huge. The thing was not bad before, but now it may be a really good move. In custom on.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
passion really good now
I kinda agree.
If only it had intangibility...
Then it would be the bomb. (heh)

UpB2 was pretty viable in Customs On meta as well, and now it's slightly better, but I'm wondering why they didn't touch UpB3 in a patch that seems to be trying to fix Customs for once...
That's by far her worst special move of the 12.
And you'd think that if you were gonna try to balance Customs, you'd nerf the ones that are most complained-about.
Like Dong's TornadoSeizure and Murabito's TripTree.

It's a good thing this isn't going to be the last patch; I'm sure we'll get one with each character release too, at the very least.
I would say nearly-guaranteed two more balance patches.
Possibly more.

The hope never dies.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I saw the patch notes, messing with them rn.

Passion: This is pretty neat. The explosion hits a whole 5F faster. (Frame 27 –> 22) and the windbox is also out slightly earlier. (Frame 13 –> 11) my guess on how it was done turned up a pleasant result: Nayru's Passion duration was decreased as a result. Its FAF went from 60 to like, 55.

Apparently the windbox's position was edited too. We don't know if it was a vertical change, or a range change (If you don't know what I mean, I can explain better, but it has to do with how stretchy hitboxes work.)

Can we be clear the move isn't that incredible still, but this was a nice step. Frame 22 is far less atrocious. Passion can now compete with Rejection for better way outclassed by Love Nayru custom.

Squall change was a surprise.

The "window" actually was hitbox duration. So 1F more is pretty insignificant.

But 6F off the endlag is pretty interesting.

I think that puts the reappear FAF at 30? That's pretty good. There COULD be potential applications for the lower endlag. In training it doesn't feel incredibly quick to me, though.

Has anyone else already brought up that FSquall travels through BF platforms? That's pretty major. *Edit* FW still doesn't however. Was it already a thing that I dumbly missed?

Last edited:

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
Has anyone else already brought up that FSquall (And I assume all FWs) travels through BF platforms? That's pretty major.
Squall has always gone through plats.
So it cannot be assumed.
I'm gonna check, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't change the default UpB to match Squall in that regard.

EDIT: It seems you already checked. But yeah, that was always a thing.

I couldn't find any info on Din's autocancel window in the Fountain, and it's something I have no feel or knowledge of.

The FAF and landing lag feel the same, but I'm having a hard time getting the landing lag to even happen; I keep autocanceling.

Probably not new, but like I said I've never used full hop double jump tap-only Din's in matches.

As an example on Battlefield in the new patch: if you full-double jump from the top platform and land on the lower ones (or from the lower ones to the main stage), you can do a full-distance Din's Fire at your apex and you will autocancel.

Was this always the case? I wish I had the old patch so I could do side-by-side testing...

Last edited by a moderator:

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
So global shield changes are bigger than first thought, and I think having worse shields and attacks being universally safer on shield could be really good for Zelda...
I hope.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
There are way more sparkles in the GFX of every move except Dsmash, Dtilt, and Dair.
Biggest buff so far, let's be honest.

The gold magic hit effects for landed sweetspotted kicks and dair are bigger.

Is there anyway to check Din's Fire data? Because it does feel faster somehow. But then, I think this every other patch. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
Anybody find any new options on opponent shields now that increased universal shield stun is now a thing?

Top Bottom