• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Your Best-Case Scenario for E3

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
New Games:
  • 3D Mario game similar to SM64, SM:Sunshine, SMG (Wii U)
  • Super Smash Bros (Wii U/3DS)
  • Pokkén Fighters (Wii U)
  • Paper Mario similar to PM:TTYD (Wii U)
  • New Metroid (3DS)
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
  • New Zelda (Wii U)
  • Mario & Sonic Adventure (Wii U)
  • NFC Game
  • More Virtual Console Releases
Smash Veterans:
  • Mr. G&W
  • R.O.B
  • Ness
  • Wolf
  • Ganondorf(reworked moveset)
  • Captain Falcon
  • Meta Knight
  • Wario
  • Mewtwo(with trailer)
Smash Newcomers:
  • Palutena
  • Robin
  • Paper Mario
  • Ridley
  • King K. Rool
  • Pac-Man
Smash Trailer:
  • Similar to last E3's trailer but with the newcomers instead. Pac-Man receives his own trailer due to his third party status.

A man can dream. . .
All I want is Lloyd Irving as a playable character

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee, Roy, and Validar are all confirmed along with a stage in which you are always falling, and must rely on aerial attacks. I also hope that they announce a new subspace-esque adventure mode along with a basic adventure mode like in melee. Seeing the announcement of DLC stages/characters/music would be nice too.
DUDE, do you know how much Mac would SUCK on that Stage?!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee, Roy, and Validar are all confirmed along with a stage in which you are always falling, and must rely on aerial attacks. I also hope that they announce a new subspace-esque adventure mode along with a basic adventure mode like in melee. Seeing the announcement of DLC stages/characters/music would be nice too.
DUDE, do you know how much Mac would SUCK on that Stage?!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here's my ideal E3 idea:

Throughout the Nintendo Direct, at the end of each game trailer we see an unconfirmed veteran getting an envelope. For example:

-If a Star Fox game is announced, we'll see the inside of a Wolfen, with a hacked conversation between Fox and Falco.

"C'mon birdbrain, get your tail feathers over here!"
"I'm on my way, don't get too impatient, Fox."

The camera shifts to see the monitor inside the Wolfen changes to the Smash logo, the Wolfen zooms off into hyperspeed as a loud howling is made.

That kind of thing. Eventually, we'll see the Smash Bros. trailer, with all hinted characters showing up. We'll see any other veterans who have no connection to these events (Ness & Lucas, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., G&W, etc.) arrive too. We see several new trailers, including:

- a basic one, revealing Shulk, Chrom and Palutena, alongside gameplay for the unconfirmed hero veterans.
-a third-party one, revealing Solid Snake and Pac-Man.
-and then later into the Direct, the villain trailer, revealing the unconfirmed villain veterans, plus King K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo.

This is not all of the characters, though. There are still several hidden ones in the final game.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo/Ridley/Ganondorf new moveset

1 or 2 veterans, thinking Ice Climbers, MK, or Wario

Release Date for 3ds

More trolls about more characters

Telling us someone is cut and they're actually in

More FD alternates

More smash!!!!

I honestly don't want much revealed so it's left to unlockables and more is to be seen within the game

Last edited:

Xganz32

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I want to see 7 character announcements. 3 newcomers and 4 veterans seems like a reasonable number in order to get the hype to a complete maximum before the game is released. I also would like to see a solid release date for the 3ds version and a month release window for the wii u version. As for stages, there is nothing specific I want, however I do want to see more of the elite 4 stage that was shown off in Greninja’s trailer. I know there is going to be a bunch of new information, so I’m just going to strap in and enjoy whatever Sakurai gives us.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Best case scenario?

Mewtwo's return is shown off first, with a Jigglypuff cameo, rounding off the Pokemon roster with six characters.

Ice Climbers and Wario are shown because why not.

Then three newcomers are shown. The first is King K. Rool's trailer. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are walking across an island and come across an abandoned ship near the shore. A large shadow is seen and then out pops...Wario? He's been stealing the gold. Then DK and Diddy look intimidated, and Wario starts laughing, thinking he's caused the Kongs to be shaken up. Little does he notice the giant shadow behind him, or the sound of a blunderbuss being loaded...Wario then blasts off and K. Rool steps in. "King K. Rool sets sail!"

Later on, another trailer is shown. This one takes place at a recital hall. Mario, Marth, Link, Samus, Villager, and Little Mac walk in and take seats. A show is about to start! A curtain rises and there, on stage, is an unseen director. He taps his baton on a stand. You then see the look on the audiences' faces drop as they hold their ears in agony at the start of a high-pitched wail. You see the stage and a trio appears. "The Chorus Men Up the Tempo!" This then confirms the rest of the Sal Leak.

The festivities end with a beep being heard.

"Kept ya waiting, huh?"

Snake is then shown in a short gameplay snippet.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Mewtwo comes back, we get some new newcomers, the rest of the veteran starters are revealed, and veterans with clone movesets are further differentiated from the clone parents. Ganondorf gets a completely new moveset. We get a final word on whether or not the Gematsu leak holds water.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Character Reveals:

Phoenix Wright gets some kind of representation.
Jigglypuff returns.
Wario returns.
Isaac.

Character De-Confirms

Ridley stays as a boss character.
Mewtwo is an assist trophy.
Palutena is an assist trophy.

Honestly, I had hoped for Toon Link to be re-replaced with Young Link, but...

I have my reasons for Ridley not being included and it's mostly the fact that I just don't really like Ridley. Aside from that, I don't feel that he'll fits into Smash Bros in general and his (potential) moveset is kinda spread over two existing characters anyway.

Mewtwo, we have Lucario. I feel that "replacing" Mewtwo with Lucario is a better move. Lucario is a more prominent Pokémon in all of the new media surrounding Pokémon, Mewtwo has slightly relapsed into a nostalgia only recognition point.

Palutena... no. I feel that she'd turn out like Doctor Strange in Marvel. We have enough "Gimmicky" characters in Smash Bros and I don't feel that Palutena would help towards that. Yes, she'd be kinda cool. As an Assist Trophy. But in Sakurai's terms, is she an All-Star? No.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I guess I'm up.

CHARACTER REVEALS, AT MINIMUM
Captain Falcon
Falco
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Ness
Wario
Wolf
Isaac Brings the Dawn! (About time!)
Pac-Man Declares Crunch Time! (Look, just because Bamco isn't getting special treatment doesn't mean Pac's a snowball from heck. Moi declares anything could happen.)
Palutena Sheds Some Light! (Guys, it's so logical. Get over it.)

TOSS-UPS
Chorus Doods (Any Rhythm Heaven character, really. AT or playable is my top concern here.)
Chrom (Totally gonna be different. Go ahead and uberhax me if I'm wrong.)
Mii (See Chorus Doods.)
Rrrrrridlaaaaay~ (Can he bother jumping in after all?)
Any Grass Poke (Sceptile, most realistically. Because ORAS.)
Shantae (Appearing at all or no?)
Shulk (Well, Xenoblade is popular...)
Snake (See the above two. :U)

Top Bottom