• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Your Best-Case Scenario for E3

tmrd

Smash Rookie
What would your IDEAL outcome for E3 be? What characters, stages, modes etc would they announce and how would they do it? No need for realism here, let your hype run wild!~

I don't want all the characters and stages to be announced at E3 though, no more than 3 or 4 newcomers max.. I still want some surprises left for the actual game!
I think ideally for me, since sakurai is obviously trolling the Ridley supporters (whether he gets in or not, he's definitely having some fun), I would love to see a trailer that looks like they're about to announce ridley and then they take it somewhere else entirely. I think that'd be funny. Then later on in the convention announcing ridley to calm the haters :p
I'd also love to see a full breakdown of an entirely new mode for the WiiU version to contrast with smash run and hopefully some in-depth looks at a stage builder!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo presses a button that gives everyone who bought a WiiU a free early copy of Smash as thanks while everyone else has to wait.

Dark Emperor Hardin

Smash Cadet
Bandana Dee, Roy, and Validar are all confirmed along with a stage in which you are always falling, and must rely on aerial attacks. I also hope that they announce a new subspace-esque adventure mode along with a basic adventure mode like in melee. Seeing the announcement of DLC stages/characters/music would be nice too.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
As long as Pac-man, Mii, Krystal, Chorus Men, and a few others fail to make the cut, I'll be happy at E3. Best case for me would be the reveal of an improved stage builder and a few special new modes for Wii U only; I want there to be a definitive reason for people to invest in it. Of course, a few newcomers (Palutena, Chrom, Mewtwo, Ridley, King K. Rool, Shulk, ect.), veterans (Falcon, Wario, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, ect.) and stages would be lovely too.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
shulk getting confrimed.

after the e3 trailer i had 5 characters i wanted in little mac, phosphora, wonder red, greninja, and shulk as you can see 2 are playable and 2 are not with shulk being left up in the air

Last edited:

tmrd

Smash Rookie
a stage in which you are always falling, and must rely on aerial attacks.
Okay so that's actually the coolest idea ever

And also, I really don't want all the character reveals to be the predictable Palutena/Ridley/Mewtwo/K.Rool etc that has been the centre of discussion for months. One or two of those are fine for E3 but I want at least one unexpected reveal ala WFT and Greninja. :)

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Realistically, all I want is Palutena confirmed.

But my deepest, most impossible, fanboy fever dream is for Nintendo to announce that they've re-acquired the rights to Rare's IPs, and (in addition to Banjo-Threeie being developed by Retro for Wii U) both Banjo-Kazooie and Jo Dark are playable characters in Smash, with Conker as an Assist Trophy.

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
I really want Knuckles to be part of smash. That's all the hype I would need.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Ridley and Palutena revealed as newcomers with Mewtwo coming back as a veteran but still getting a trailer of his own. Also, release date for the 3DS version and details on costumization - that is all I want.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Multiple Veterans and Multiple Newcomers. At least one veteran from each of the previous games: Captain Falcon and/or Ness, Jigglypuff would be alright as well), Ganondorf, and Wario would be most cool to see. Miis and/or Pac-Man being finally revealed along with a mystery 3rd really hypable newcomer of which I can't really specify.

More on Customizable movesets. A look at other modes like a preview of Classic Mode featuring a clip of Master Hand. Exact release dates for both versions, 3DS Version releasing sometime in July, Wii U in November, any other surprises, etc.

That's the gist of what'd make a really awesome E3. But I know either way we should be in for some good stuff. Even if only a few of these is fulfilled.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Solid Snake returns and is voiced by David Hayter.

Everything else beyond that is fluff.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
Downloadable Demo. I don't care how deep it is, even if it would have only few characters, one playable stage, only time matches and no items I would still be excited. The only downside is that the traffic jam of e-shop would be comparable to the borders of western and eastern Berlin in 1950.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ideal E3 Smash presentation? Start off the smash segment with a montage of all the newcomers. They announce King K. Rool, Pac-man, Shulk, Palutena, Issac, Chrom and Krystal. They also reveal returning veterans Mewtwo and Roy!

They announce online voice chat, and a Mario Kart 8-esque Smash TV where players can share stage builder creations, videos and video records for break the targets/board the platforms/ race to the finish/ home-run contest/ multi-man challenges/ and events.

The screen goes pitch black and we hear a screeching roar, we see the Pryosphere stage where Ridley' bursts out! He at first looks like a boss hazard then Sakurai fades the footage and says
"Nah...Just kidding" :troll:
Then Sakurai apologizes for deceiving us about Ridley. Then he says he has another apology to make:

Smash U won't be released this winter it's being release RIGHT NOW!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My internet connection does not go down during the direct.

But on what I personally want to see:

Wii U Announcments:

Zelda U

Yarn Yoshi

Next installment in Battalion Wars for Wii U.

More info on Hyrule Warriors

Modes announced for SSB4 Wii U

Miyamoto's new IP on Wii U

Monolith Soft X release date and demo (unlikely about the demo part)

Pokemon Wii U game

FE x SMT Wii U (need more info)

3DS Announcements:

SSB4 exact release date (refer to Wario in my sig to imagine me on the road)

New Metroid 2.5 game

New Advanced Wars

Remake of Majoras Mask with added features (I would like more dungeons, personally)

Earthbound 3D remake (with enhanced graphics)

New Wario Land-esque game

Any one of my wanted announcements (maybe besides the obvious ones) would make my day.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I'd like to see Jigglypuff and Pac-Man!

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Shulk. Pac-Man. Palutena. A few vets, including Snake. I see it happening, especially since afterwards there'd be no more slots for a third party left.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Any HYPE newcomer. K. Rool, Andy, Isaac, Ridley, any.

Plz save all remaining joke characters for the game for us to discover.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There's only one thing that actually can happen that if it does, I'm considering this as my best E3. If Paper Mario is confirmed as a playable character (might include stage or music), I'm going to be honest: I will dance for days while listening to this:

Just to give you a reason of why it would be the best E3 for me and that's also assuming that every other characters announced doesn't appeal to me.

I played TTYD for so long even to a point where I glitch hunted it for 6 months and I still love this game today. It just refuses to get old (no joke I have a 99:59 of playtime in one of my file and the game doesn't count anymore). When I saw how poorly reped this series was in brawl, I tough that it was injustice. You don't treat a masterpiece like this and I think it needs to change why there wasn't even a music from the series in brawl? It doesn't matter that the latest game wasn't good what matters is that this series deserves so bad to get more rep.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Vivian or Rawk Hawk assist trophy. Paper Mario Playable. I'd be ok with this.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Reveal SSB4's finalized roster and announce two Star Fox games; one focus primarily on rail shooter AKA Classic/64 and another one focus on Zelda-esque AKA Adventures, both for Wii U!

Of course it's not gonna happen but I can only dream... :(

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
My best case scenario for E3 would have to be the inclusion of Hades, Ganon, and Black Shadow to be perfectly honest. Nothing would please me more. NOTHING.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
5 newcomer reveils witch the last one being a supriser witch is MEWTWO. then also: meta knight, Ness, Wario, Ganondorf, Falco beinng showed!

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Best case scenario?

-insert announcement of some of the newcomers I want the most, and at the very least Ridley-
-insert Mewtwo-
-insert more information about the Wii U version's unique features to allow the game to not be completely overshadowed by **** like Smash Run and 3DS's earlier release-
-insert release dates-

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Rhythm Heaven character
Rhythm Heaven 3DS
Rhythm Heaven stage
Rhythm Heaven assist trophies
Rhythm Heaven Wii U
Rhythm Heaven items

But it has to be all of these

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If Isaac were confirmed as playable I would be so happy that I wouldn't care about anything else that happened during the entire conference. lol

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Absolute best case, rulebook thrown out the window scenario?
BANJO-KAZOOIE.(Also re-mixed Spiral Mountain theme.)
More reallistically(slightly, not really)
Tetris Stage, Gangplank Galleon, Saffron City and Poke Floats return, Pac-Man, Mewtwo, K.Rool, Ray Mk. III, and Duck Hunt Dog announced as playable characters.
Flawless Online Play, Miis are the new Fighting Alloys, Sukapon, Dixie Kong, Chibi-Robo, Protoman(With whistle), Tails, Pac-Man Ghosts and Star Man Assist Trophies among others.
Music Including: DK Rap(correctly this time), Pokemon Main Theme(Cartoon First Season), Pokerap(original), and Ice Cap Zone(Sonic 3)
MissingNo Pokeball Pokemon.
Thats enough dreaming for now.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I just want a damn trailer of Mewtwo being epic. I would get so amped, oh man.

Now if you want me to completely self-destruct from hype overload, this is what must happen. First, a reveal of Knuckles with the voice actor from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. So that will make me start convulsing on the floor, foaming, etc. Once I see Sora revealed, however, I will explode. Simple as that.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Ken wins the invitational & gets his ass handed to him by Sakurai who uses Palutena whom is revealed right as the exhibition match starts.

Nintendo actually has a Best Buy location in NM.

New Star Fox game that a return to form for the series.

SatAM characters confirmed for Sonic Boom.

Dissidia 3 for 3DS.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley and a July release, that's basically it. If we want to go really overkill let's just reveal the entire roster.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Veterans Announced:
  • All Veterans Return except Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.
  • Ganondorf (With New Moveset)
  • Wario has Project M's Side-B
Newcomers:
  • Bandana Dee
  • Chrom
  • Palutena
  • Ridley
  • Blood Falcon (Old Ganondorf Moveset)
  • Chorus Men
  • Shulk
  • Mii
  • Pac-Man

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My slightly more serious one.

Ridley, Krystal, Pac-Man and Mii are all confirmed and I use the heat of the net rage to save on gas bills.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
After the Smash Bros Invitational is wrapped up, they announce that the game releases in stores and on the eShop in one week, but the audience at the tournament all get an early copy.

Top Bottom