• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Young Link Discussion

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Is there a Ylink match up guide I could find? Just curious because it doesn't seem to be on here, an alternative I guess is to watch a bunch of videos. But just seeing if I might have missed it.

EDIT: NVM didn't see Lajin's guide

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
I used to go here years ago and there were all sorts of guides and links and threads and stuff. Came back recently and there is nothing? I don't really understand this site, which confuses me cause its a simple forum.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Well Pikachu sure isn't doing the job lol. I just wanna try it out.

:phone:
I honestly know little about the MU, never played it nor seen it played.
I do know that Toon beats the icies in that Brawl game thanks to his spam, I'd imagine YL could do something similar.
Chu mains both of them, he'd prolly be the best to consult. I've personally only ever gone Marth against icies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Brawl's floatier physics are what lets TL do that to ICs (and even then, its only slightly in TL's favour due to uair pokes, and nair > grab combos).

-----

It'd probably work as a CP for Wobbles - but a slower ICs player like Fly would be a different story altogether.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I feel like I'm either gonna barely beat him, or get 3/4 stocked lol. I might give it a try. I'll think about it. I've been practicing YL a bunchload lately, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna use him at FC :) Depending on who I play.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I think it'd be cool if you got the point where you started balancing b/w Pika and YL.
Maybe against lesser spacies mains started using YL, while reserving Pika for PP, Jman, Mango, etc.
Also if you could show what a YL can do to Marth in the right hands.

AXE 09

Smash Master
YL vs Marth is tough lol. I play YL against Tai's marth sometimes, and he usually has a slight edge over me. I'll keep practicing though!

Really most of my experience comes from fighting against Marth, Spacies, and Falcon though haha. I wish I had more variety

rhan

Smash Hero
All these better players picking up YL. The oldest players currently living in a shadow..

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
YL vs Marth is tough lol. I play YL against Tai's marth sometimes, and he usually has a slight edge over me. I'll keep practicing though!

Really most of my experience comes from fighting against Marth, Spacies, and Falcon though haha. I wish I had more variety
It's definitely tough, his long metal stick pretty much outranges everything you have, once your blow him up though at the right percentage you can pull off sexy combos, and he's not difficult to edgeguard.

AXE 09

Smash Master
OMFG I'm gonna feel really dumb if everyone already knows this, but did you guys know YL can go all the way under Dreamland by himself?? Freakin sick!!! I <3 this guy!! :D

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
He can go under Corneria too.

Hey Jeff, does that catching the boomering while the hookshot is out recovery work in all versions of Melee?

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
Whats a good character to have as backup for the matchups that ylink isn't very good at (and what exactly are those match ups which he isn't good at)? Most things in this forum feel outdated by 3-5+ years.

I've been playing a lot as of late and my main friend is getting pretty good at falco and its getting tough. I also play marth and fox decently.

Top Bottom