• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Young Link Discussion

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
How would you enforce such a rule, especially when there are generally very few 1.0 disks? If somebody requests a 1.0 match, the players might have to wait a long time to find an available 1.0 disk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for boomerang jumping and flame cancelling. I just don't see how it would be tournament-practical at all.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Just bring your own disc.

Not to mention, there were plenty of 1.0 copies at FC.

1.0 isn't rare, it's just less common than 1.2. But there's still plenty of copies of it.

:phone:

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
For those of you that don't know... Axe's Young Link is the REAL deal... I'll upload videos soon... This char (in 1.0) should be higher than his current position...

Wow, seriously, it hurts your eyes to watch, but it's soooooooo pretty.. I'll upload today

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
For those of you that don't know... Axe's Young Link is the REAL deal... I'll upload videos soon... This char (in 1.0) should be higher than his current position...

Wow, seriously, it hurts your eyes to watch, but it's soooooooo pretty.. I'll upload today
I wanna see!

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
Wow that ylink is very very fun to watch. I've only really seen chudat play him so fast. I didn't think I'd ever be able to enjoy a puff vs ylink game again. (though the first 5 or so were fun to watch, armada. lol)

Armada

Smash Lord
Axe: You should have played Y link for the last game too.
Or maybe better to go back and practice a little more I don't know. You have a really good Y link man and you makes me proud =)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
you would have solidly two stocked hungrybox if you stopped forcing yourself to approach even when you're up. I'm not even saying to go camp the top platform. you got punished hard multiple times for going in when you didn't have to

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
you would have solidly two stocked hungrybox if you stopped forcing yourself to approach even when you're up. I'm not even saying to go camp the top platform. you got punished hard multiple times for going in when you didn't have to
Which is partly* why it was so fun to watch.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Axe: You should have played Y link for the last game too.
Or maybe better to go back and practice a little more I don't know. You have a really good Y link man and you makes me proud =)
*faints* ommggg <333 That means the world to me lol.

I'm sorry guys. I can't not approach lol.

But I know there's a lot of things I can improve on, and I LOVE this character :D I'll keep practicing :)

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
YL has a decent nair approach, but he was built to camp, not rush down opponents.
Bombs are his best friend.

Fraid you'll need to find a balance b/w camping and approaching Jeff. Save rushing opponents into submission for your Pika.
;)

AXE 09

Smash Master
YL has a decent nair approach, but he was built to camp, not rush down opponents.
Bombs are his best friend.

Fraid you'll need to find a balance b/w camping and approaching Jeff. Save rushing opponents into submission for your Pika.
;)
I think I can win without camping lol.

No camping for me :p

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I think I can win without camping lol.

No camping for me :p
I hear ya, and it is more entertaining to watch you play aggro, but the easiest way for YL to kill Jiggs at lower percents is bomb -> dair.
To hit with bombs you need to camp a little.

Hbox specializes in zoning out aggressive players, he's inept at getting past an opponent's zone.

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
Axe, I notice you DD a ton. Ever incorporate the Moonwalk from DD cause it's ****.

And Grim, yeah. One of the better things he can do off of the ledge imo, and if it connects it leads to janky combos.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey guys i am gonna resub to this thread cuz i just beat alan with pocket young link (i didnt even use young link, but the threat of ylink won me the set in counter picks) and i beat dar rell with young link lol

now that i am back, i would like to pose a question to all of u that i haven't been able to crack:

my most difficult matchups are sheik, fox, and falcon. however, it's not when they EVADE that i have trouble... it's when they shield.

question: how would i go about defeating a fox, falcon, or sheik that understands that they can just shield/light shield projectiles the whole game and i have no way to penetrate. what kind of shield stab technology does ylink have? are there safer ways to set up a grab other than just going for a hard read? is there legit shield pressure where ylink could actually cover all the options of escape?

assume they have the lead

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Whenever my bombs hit a shield I often try to just catch them.
Afterward you can chuck it again or retreat and do something else.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I can't recover for crap with this character! Or maybe I'm too used to playing Samus...

Picked up Young Link for some fun on the side, I need help learning to recover or the mixups available to me.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
axe! your set with hbox was so good! dont be afraid to just jump and pull a bomb sometimes. i saw you kinda dash dancing on the ground a lot while holding a bomb. and you also threw a lot of horizontal rangs when you can throw angled ones, or even jump and throw angled ones up and down. change it up bro! i know you can beat hbox!

Top Bottom