• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Most likely we will try out a bunch of characters and main whoever we feel most comfortable with from the start... But out of respect for my old characters, I will try Peach and Yoshi first... then Pac Man...

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I'm not sure if that would be such a good idea anyway since Pikmin eating would probably set Yoshi up for a free hit due to his eating animation that would ensue.
The pic made me wonder if Yoshi can now eat items like Wario, DeDeDe, and Kirby. That would be a pretty big help in the Diddy Kong matchup I imagine if nothing else. Not that Pikmin are items, but it is evidence that he might be able to eat non-characters now.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
The pic made me wonder if Yoshi can now eat items like Wario, DeDeDe, and Kirby. That would be a pretty big help in the Diddy Kong matchup I imagine if nothing else. Not that Pikmin are items, but it is evidence that he might be able to eat non-characters now.
It's not evidence until you actually SEE Yoshi eating something that isn't a character. All you see there now is a Pikmin that happens to be in the same place as Yoshi's tongue, which, as said before, is more likely because Olimar just landed on the ground and that Pikmin still being in the air right at the spot where Yoshi sticks his tongue out. No evidence in any way you look at it, except for simply hinting at it.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
It's not evidence until you actually SEE Yoshi eating something that isn't a character. All you see there now is a Pikmin that happens to be in the same place as Yoshi's tongue, which, as said before, is more likely because Olimar just landed on the ground and that Pikmin still being in the air right at the spot where Yoshi sticks his tongue out. No evidence in any way you look at it, except for simply hinting at it.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply the Pikmin eating is a guarantee. Still stand by what I said though, Sakurai gave us a picture of what could potentially be Yoshi eating a Pikmin. This is definitely evidence that Yoshi might be able to eat non-characters. I actually agree that it is probably nothing and the Pikmin just happens to be there but there is no way to really know and I was just speculating on how it might help us.

Last edited:

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
Can I just say that Yoshi looks terrifying when he eats people now?

Just think...

Ridley is going to fit in there. I hope...

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
How did the person get these? Or is this from the direct?

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
Why don't we get really in depth and discuss everything we notice about Yoshi's reveal?
I'll start.
Is it me or did Yoshi's eggs go the exact same angle each time he used them? Is this a change or was it just coincidence?

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
I always felt the Yoshi Dragon was out of place. In what Yoshi universe has he ever turned into a dragon?

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Not in a rude way to anyone, but I'm amazed how many people don't know the origin of super dragon. I'm not criticizing anyone here, just Super Mario World being his origin and I would've presumed people here would've played it and understood the reference, being Yoshi fans and all. :)

I'd be devastated if his final smash was just a mega egg dozer, that'd be as boring as it gets :(

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
I did play it... His wings in that game were tiny.. And it never occured to me that it was tribute to that game due to the lack of the pound ability.. But now it makes sense . >_<

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X

Did anyone else notice that?? Hahah throwing bolders in this game... Hopefully that is just move customization in the works.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I admit that some Final Smashes like Pit's and Kirby's needed the change and are better with what they have now.

But Yoshi ain't one of those. His Super Dragon comes from Super Mario World, it takes his abilities to spit fire when swallowing a red koopa shell and the wings that you gain when eating a blue koopa shell. It needs to stay.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Sakurai said that they made changes for the better but didn't elaborate. However, he mentioned in the direct that other characters where powered up as well but didn't show nothing more. Understandable, because there is only so much you can talk about in a 40 min direct.
We'll have to see him in action to note those improvements.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You could argue that the pound ability is still in there. When you run into people, you knock them away, so it's sort of like what would happen when you landed next to enemies with the pound.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
This is something I've wanted to see since teather recovery was a thing in Melee and it hasn't come to mind again until the recent pic of the day for Smash 4. It's something that would be useful, funny and very in character for Yoshi in my opinion, his tongue doesn't usually go as far in Smash as in his games so if Sakurai is extending the length of teather recoveries, this is a chance for Yoshi to use his tongue at almost full length as a teather recovery.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope he can this time around it would really add to his recovery options. Plus he's been latching his tongue on to surfaces to tether since Yoshi Story! Make it happen!

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yeah, not just Yoshi's Story either but also Mario Galaxy 2, where he could latch it onto those flower thingies as sort-of a tether. But honestly, Yoshi's tongue should be longer in the first place for his grabs as well. If you look at Yoshi's Island, his tongue was really long in that game! Yoshi is one of those who HAS the potential to use tether, and would REALLY benefit from it. So yes, make it happen, Mr. Sakurai!

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Now this is quite the interesting idea. I love it. It would really help him, considering is recovery is just his double jump.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Doesn't look any different to me. Besides, that would be a good thing if they were bigger. Just means a bigger hitbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom