• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

D

Deleted member 189823

I refuse to aknowledge Zz'gashi's performance based on raw on stats. Videos mang, videos is where it's at.

By the way Razen it isn't that hard to avoid getting destroyed by MK. I think every Bowser should watch their spacing more and improve their melee combat game.

D

Deleted member 189823

They're actually pretty good. I just know how to defend myself.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
MK ***** Bowser lol. Even if you have pretty much perfect spacing, MK is faster, safer, has more disjoints, and gets a LOT more out of a hit than Bowser does since MK can juggle Bowser for days. Also, MK has no problem landing against Bowser since, if need be, he can just go to the ledge and use his ledge invincibility to get onstage for free. I mean, Bowser still can at least somewhat compete with MK, but a good MK can shut down any of Bowsers options, the trick is making him guess which one hes going to have to shut down.

D

Deleted member 189823

It'd serve to have a match between a moderately decent MK (you know, one who knows how to play the MU) and an actual good Bowser.
Lately I've been getting stuffed in the MU, but that's because I was handling it really poorly and being incredibly stupid when coming back to the stage (in a tournament set I ledge jumped 3 times and those 3 times were my stocks).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Remember, Bowser has a 4 frame ledge drop (I think thats the fastest in the game), so when youre on the ledge you can do things like: drop the ledge > instant regrab with up b > immediately drop ledge again > jump > klaw onstage > whatever, and that Klaw will be 100% invincible, plus you now have the option to klaw hop into an aerial or land and jab, grab, etc. Bowser can get off the ledge against anyone, including MK, the problem is getting to the ledge or just plain out of the air to begin with.

D

Deleted member 189823

Ledge drop is the one you do by slightly pressing back, right? If so, I'll really have to work on that, because I usually end up too far from the ledge and end up falling.
On a relevant note: Do you have any tips for speed hugging the ledge with Bowser? It seems to be harder than others because his shell is so huge, while I can do it rather easily with other characters.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, its where you press back. So essentially your inputs should be like:

(already grabbing ledge) back > up b > back > jump forward > forward b > whatever, but you have to do it all pretty fast (and btw I should mention, you dont HAVE to klaw on get up, but imo its easily his most versatile invincible get up due to the fact that it allows the most options afterwards AND is non-interruptable). Its actually not too hard to do once you get it down, but it takes a bit of muscle memory.

And as for speed hugging, I usually just short hop > fast fall. Pretty sure up b and sliding off to the ledge is faster, but its pretty unsafe cuz if you mess it up or are too slow you die, and besides, you usually dont want to be around the ledge area when characters are right next to it due to your huge hurtbox, bad horizontal recovery, lack of aerial options that you wont die from while walking off the ledge and using immediately, etc. So basically the tl;dr is its usually unsafe to try and speed hug with Bowser with anything slower than short hop > fast fall anyway, so why try and use a riskier option when you have a safer option. Plus, Bowser actually has surprisingly decent options to prevent ledge play with Fair, Klaw, Dtilt, Ftilt, Fsmash, and even Firebreath lol, so I dont really like taking risks at the ledge personally.

D

Deleted member 189823

There are characters like the spacies (not so much Fox), Samus (and ZSS) and Olimar where you're going to want to edgehog for an sly kill. I am working on Down B'ing the ledge, but that's probably even crazier than the things you mentioned.
I've seen the ledge drop to Klaw hop in action, and it was great. I just never really worked on it since I gave up attempting to ledge drop when I was less skilled.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was more saying that if you dont have time to just short hop > fast fall then its most likely too risky, not that it wasnt a good idea in general ;p There are lots of times a ledge hog is a great option, but with Bowser, if you dont have time to get to the ledge safely, its usually not worth it due to how risky it can be (some match ups are riskier than others though), and if you DO have time to get to the ledge safely, its usually best to just use the safest option, thats what I was saying.

D

Deleted member 189823

Replays or it didn't happen.
No, seriously. I'd like to take a look at actual Bowser acomplishments.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It was hosted by LAN center and they're not really on smashboards so they don't post results threads, I suppose I could though because they give us the bracket and stuff. No vids, but here is the bracket: http://challonge.com/smashbrostournament

aml?! was my biggest competition who plays GaW. I can try to get some vids of my bowser some time soon though, it's only decent though, but I have high standards since I'm comparing myself to King Kong who just did really well at Impulse, I think he got 9th, not sure who he beat to get there since bracket isn't up, but he took Leon to game 3. I think he lost to Meek (Sonic) like round 1 in bracket or something so I'm sure he must have ran a train through losers.

D

Deleted member 189823

LAN as in, the airplane company?
Oh sure I await your replays.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That was incredibly stupid but 8 years is harsh and our jails are full already. He'll probably get less.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^The guy in the linked video looks like Alfred E Neuman. The 'What if Cable Companies Told the Truth' video.

B!squick

Smash Master
^I know, I'm talking about the image from the new Smash game.

Also, found this while doing a survey for GFAQs:

Which of the following online gaming and/or player matching services do you use? Please select all that apply.

[_] Other options
[_] Any MMORPG (e.g. Everquest, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes)

:'(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If I end up being able to go to Apex, Ill totally participate. Id most likely get my ass handed to me, but it still sounds awesome. xD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No one has recording stuff in my scene besides me, but I dont have the cords to play while recording, and my wii doesnt work so I cant save replays and record them later right now. Also, our scenes been really slowing down lately since Brawls been kinda dying slowly as of late. Regardless though, if I get the chance to record anything, I will.

Rizen

Smash Legend
No one has recording stuff in my scene besides me, but I dont have the cords to play while recording, and my wii doesnt work so I cant save replays and record them later right now. Also, our scenes been really slowing down lately since Brawls been kinda dying slowly as of late. Regardless though, if I get the chance to record anything, I will.
Ugh, I know the feeling :urg:. Get live replays as much as you can.

B!squick

Smash Master
My god I hate SWTOR with a passion. It's not because it's a shoddy WoW clone. It's not because the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expanded your class quest line, but it's the same for each class and only different between the two factions. It's not because the long awaited same gender relationships was all kinds of lame and tacked on feeling. It's not because almost all the new high level gear STILL looks awful. It's not because they nickel and dime you with the "free-to-play" model just to make the game bearable.

No friends, it's because twice now when canceling I typed out a well thought out comment in the slim hope that someone will read it just THINK about improving the game in some way and twice I've had the website log me out by the time I hit cancel, losing everything I had written.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Remember, Bowser has a 4 frame ledge drop (I think thats the fastest in the game), so when youre on the ledge you can do things like: drop the ledge > instant regrab with up b > immediately drop ledge again > jump > klaw onstage > whatever, and that Klaw will be 100% invincible, plus you now have the option to klaw hop into an aerial or land and jab, grab, etc. Bowser can get off the ledge against anyone, including MK, the problem is getting to the ledge or just plain out of the air to begin with.
Naw man, Bowser's ledge drop is frame 25 like almost everyone. It's his <100% ledge jump that lasts 3 frames, (and yes it actually is the fastest in the game) giving you 17 frames of invincibility.

Everything else you said is true though, because ledge dropping on frame 25 gives you 21 frames of invincibility.

Rizen

Smash Legend
No friends, it's because twice now when canceling I typed out a well thought out comment in the slim hope that someone will read it just THINK about improving the game in some way and twice I've had the website log me out by the time I hit cancel, losing everything I had written.
^That sucks. I used to type out big posts on Word (now on Libre office) and paste them into AiB because it messed up so much.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Naw man, Bowser's ledge drop is frame 25 like almost everyone. It's his <100% ledge jump that lasts 3 frames, (and yes it actually is the fastest in the game) giving you 17 frames of invincibility.

Everything else you said is true though, because ledge dropping on frame 25 gives you 21 frames of invincibility.
Thank you for correcting me, I knew it was something like that :p

D

Deleted member 189823

So I take it Bowser's ledge game is actually good. Can it compete with DK's, though? Also, what kind of ledgedrop nets you an insant Up-B regrab, ledgedrop down or backwards?

Top Bottom