• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
No matter how good or bad they make him, I'll still love and be a fan of King Koopa. I think I was just happy enough to see him back in this one. Along with the other veterans of course.

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
I'm sensing a bit of.....hatred towards Link there Limit.

I'd have to agree with you jayeldeee (though honestly I kind of hope Bowser stays in the lower tier), but it seems like Bowser new moves are promising( especially that dropkick <3). really looking forward to see how his Nair was changed (assuming that spinning thing is Nair now). btw is it me or does his DownB much faster?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Low tiers shouldn't call each other trash :crying: (it's redundant :p)

I'll play Bowser in SSB4. I plan on learning many characters early on :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So since Bowser has been confirmed to be faster now, he has a faster/safer dash attack, a nair that can hit below him to cover landings and that looks like it could easily be comboed after with its low ending lag, and has dat drop kick, hes already noticeably better. If all that ends up true, they give him some super armor (ARMOR THE DROPKICK FOR EXAMPLE AND ILL BE THE HAPPIEST OF HAPPY), and make his ftilt safe, Id be willing to bet he'll be viable, or dare I say it, even a high/upper mid tier character...

Also, it looks like theyve slightly increased hitstun on moves by about a quarter of a second or so, so it looks like combos (or at the least better ones) should be a thing.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I dont hate Link at all lol waste of time and effort. None of you guys except maybe Zz have been around me enough yet, but you'll eventually understand my general feelings toward low tiers and the like lol

The only good things I'm seeing so far from a Brawl Bowser standpoint is that he kept his side b. They'll probably fix the hitbox on it but it'd be hilarious if they didn't and if klaw hopping is still in the game, that'd make his movement even better on top of the speed increase

His firebreath also looks somewhat improved, probably because his overall stature has changed and he's not an old ****tard anymore.

The NAir, assuming that it is that, is a good change. I'm not really on the drop-kick hype train yet.
I need to figure out what move slot it is first before I start shjakakdnsiuqgavgdk'ing over it. If it's FSmash I might be somewhat sad.

Also I'm not sure if down b is faster, it looked like it.

He is standing taller than before which may be a problem but nothing huge yet. SSBU and 3DSSB may be completely different from Brawl in terms of the metagame

_Rated D.R.K_

Smash Apprentice
Seeing Bowser dropkick Mario in a wrestling ring was amazing. I used to joke with my friends about give Bowser a superkick move, some Armor King grabs, and im good XD. Hopefully, the F-Smash is still in.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah the more I think about it the more I think drop kick is fsmash. With his change to standing more upright, doing a headsmash would be a bit harder than doing a drop kick for someone in that position.

I personally would VERY MUCH prefer it to be his dsmash and keep his fsmash, but if the drop kick IS his fsmash, ill be fine so long as they give it armor. If they dont, Ill be disappointed, but at the same time this fsmash does look like an improvement from a gameplay standpoint so Ill get over it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I hope fire breath is faster to start and end. It is so slow in Brawl that most uses like Zoning are lost. Bowser's should at least be as fast as Charizard's; he spaces DDD with flamethrower.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im REALLY hoping that landing will cancel firebreaths end lag so that SH Firebreath can be a thing. With our increased speed, klaw, and nair, Bowser could have quite the plethora of both approaching and defensive tools.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Something I just noticed, if you watch in this vid where Zero keeps pausing and slowing down at around 3 mins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIvZi3thJlk notice that slash that the animators gave attacks to show theyre 'doing damage', it looks like they increased the range, especially vertically, on Bowser's down b. If the hitbox really is bigger like that, and assuming the two hits chain together better this time around, I can see this being a GREAT punishing move, especially to punish low air dodges, and possibly even an anti air (obviously not a SAFE anti air, but could act as one nonetheless).

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, Sakurai isn't coding the whole game himself like he did Brawl (I assume), so here's hoping it'll actually work right.

Also, how have you guys been? :D

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
When I saw the trailer I was kinda disapointed Bowser Bomb was still not too safe on landing but nonetheless very pleased with the few changes they showed. Ya know his new dash attack and speed That thing when Bowser did a cartwheel midair.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I couldn't imagine a move as destructive/crazy as Bowser Bomb being safe on landing. That wouldn't be right lol. A move like that NEEDS to be unsafe on landing.

Overall I'm very excited/interested to try Bowser++ and the new game mechanics as well (assuming that they've changed slightly)

As long as they keep side B, I'll keep playing Bowser. It's what made me good lol

I've also been alright. I'm on summer vacation right now. I finished my first year @ SU, but have no real motivation to play Brawl anymore (UMvC3 has consumed my time). When I was upstate the only real Brawl playing time I got was at tournaments, and up there I really only used Bowser a few times. I never got lower than 5th but the competition was nowhere as crazy as NYC/NJ's. I played Brawl the other day for like...an hour but I didn't actually get in a good session using Bowser, so I don't really know how I stand with him yet. I need to clean off the cobwebs.

Additionally I also realized that I completely forgot about the MU chart, but when I think about it almost everyone forgot/gave up on that, and I didn't really care enough anyway.

D

Deleted member 189823

MU questions, MK (get back at me forum!)

What is our biggest issue in this MU besides the fact he destroys us off-stage and our shield with tornado (which can be broken by the likes of F-Tilt, well-spaced aerial Klaw and something like FF N-Air/F-Air from above)?

My problem in the MU comes from facing more aerial-based MKs who tend to D-Air (apparently you can beat this with F-Air) or N-Air at a height you can't punish it grounded.

SSWT-Rose

Smash Rookie
MU questions, MK (get back at me forum!)

What is our biggest issue in this MU besides the fact he destroys us off-stage and our shield with tornado (which can be broken by the likes of F-Tilt, well-spaced aerial Klaw and something like FF N-Air/F-Air from above)?

My problem in the MU comes from facing more aerial-based MKs who tend to D-Air (apparently you can beat this with F-Air) or N-Air at a height you can't punish it grounded.
I've only fought like two really good MKs and pretty much both of them whopped my ass pretty hard. At least I managed to take a life against both of them...

But that said, I just watch his sword to see if he's spacing his aerials wrongly. If he does an aerial too deep, then he'll get grabbed which I like if I'm playing on somewhere like FD or Smashville because of the grab release options on him.

Other than that I try to trade hits with his priority and stay on the ground as much as possible. The only thing I'll probably whiff against him on the ground is jab 1...only from a good distance away just to bait him towards me. But I don't think that could be much help anyways.

I tough one, thankfully my local community intends to have bi-weekly practices and UK nationals over this summer which I want to go to so I can get some more experience on how to combat the match-up.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hey guys, how's it going? It's been a while. Sakurai really caught me off-guard with the wii fit trainer, excellent weird character choice!

Is it just me or is Smash Bros 4 Bowser using Melee Ganon's pose? WIth the fist clenching part and everything?

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, how's it going? It's been a while. Sakurai really caught me off-guard with the wii fit trainer, excellent weird character choice!

Is it just me or is Smash Bros 4 Bowser using Melee Ganon's pose? WIth the fist clenching part and everything?

I kind of don't remember what ganon idle animation was, but I know I've seen that pose from somewhere.....just can't put my finger on it. speaking of wii fit trainer, I have to say I"m really warming up to her. at first it was like why her? but I think its really interesting to add something as random as her. I also call it now, shes going to be top tier.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's hard to say how characters will rank. Remember Jiggz and Ganon going from Melee to Brawl. WFTrainer looks to be a 'balanced' character in strength, speed, reach and mobility. Consider C Falcon, with an above average recovery, strong attacks, decent disjointed reach and great weight, is a low tier. How will WTF deal with CGs? She's probably about middle in weight.

I'm not saying she won't be good. It's simply too early to tell.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Her normals look really quirky.
Her f-smash hits on both sides.

And her u-air hits below, and to the sides of her, and lifts the opponent up. (The hitbox on her legs, are probably way better then her arms.)

Her projectile hits at a diagonal downwards angle too, so that might give her a neat way to deal with zoners while staying out of there line of fire. It''d probably make a really awesome gimping move to because i'm guessing it bounces upwards when it hits the ground. This means you can fire it at opponents that are recovering both high and low depending on where you toss it, without putting yourself in any danger.

I think she'll be decent. Not great, but decent. I still want to see what her other two special moves are before I make judgements though. A single move can make a character, ya know?

Rizen

Smash Legend

Bowser's in a dinky kart Embarrass.

I tried to grab release Ness and mash garb to pummel and re-grab but Bowser started shielding:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpBN13_2btE
What was I doing wrong? Maybe I should hold L (shield) and mash A to avoid the accidental shield after GR?

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh god, if they got Simon as well... That would be really cool. I love BitF. :D

Yeah, Bowser DOES look like Melee Ganon in that idle pose, now that you mention it.

Also, I think Megaman is gonna be low or mid/low tier. He looks too versatile. Like, he could easily rofl-stomp everyone with little effort so he'll probably be really heavy with a sub par recovery a la Link, Ganon, C. Falcon, etc.

Additionally, I'm still waiting for Ganon to star in his own game. Of everyone featured in Smash Bros ever, he's the only one (that I know of) who's never been a main character in his own game. Or was a tie in to the latest Pokemon movie (see: MewTwo and Lucario). Or ROB. And it's not like the basis of a game isn't there. According to that LoZ time line book thing the end of OoT branched in three directions: Link wins and stayed adult, Link wins and became a kid again, and Ganon wins. How about a game where we experience the rise of the King of Evil, Nintendo? Follow him through his youth in Gerudo Valley to his rise to advisor of the king, his subsequent take over of the kingdom. Not sure what you'd do during Link's journey through out what would be OoT. Near as I can tell Ganon didn't do anything. O.o Maybe some sort of tower defense game that you can never win, only delay the hero? I don't know. I just know I want to be Ganon without having to play Smash Bros.

EDIT: @Rizen - Yeah, just use whatever button you use to grab. I know some people moved it to one of the shoulder buttons. I just kept mine at Z. And even if you're using the Shield + A method, you still have enough time to regrab Ness/Lucas. So, either you're not doing it fast enough, or wifi johns, or both.

Flayl

Smash Hero
That Ganondorf game would be amazing, too bad it will never happen. I wonder if he grows up already with the powers of being Demise's incarnation or if he gains those as he learns sorcery, like a natural genius

spoilers don't work anymore, hope you guys finished SS

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I went to my first tournament in like, a year, and ended up taking 5th place. Played mostly Yoshi though (had to play against ICs), but did rep some Bowser as well. I was noticeably rusty, but I did better than I expected (3 months previous I touched Brawl for the first time after many months and completely forgot about pivot grabbing loool). Was definitely not doing the greatest job of spacing/timing things, but after about 5-10 games of friendlies I started doing a lot better. Even played the MK v Bowser MU for about 10 games and took the MK to last stock the majority of the time and even won a few. Needless to say, I was very happy with my performance.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good stuff :)

I just got 2 stocked by an MK on wifi. IDK how Bowser can beat a good MK who juggles well :eek:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The trick is to not get hit in the first place ;p But really, it sucks when you get juggled, but luckily with our weight we can take a little extra beating than most characters. The best you can do is either try and get to the ledge, which in itself is difficult, or try and trade with him. It obviously wont work every time since its MK and sometimes there just literally isnt much you can do to get down for a bit, so you gotta be patient with it.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
^Okay. I was mashing Z but somehow it buffered shield here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpBN13_2btE&feature=player_detailpage#t=44s
Probably a weird lag buffer thing.

Ness is annoying on wifi. That PK Fire gets a lot more damage and combos due to DI being harder.
Z will often buffer a shield instead of grabbing if you buffer it. I don't remember exactly how it works, but if you're hitting/holding Z when it gets to the start of the buffer frames or something along those lines it shields instead of grabs. You'll see people trying to learn chain grabs with different characters accidentally pull their shield up when they mess the timing up, and chain grabbing with the IC's they actually hold Z when they regrab with popo to have nana buffer a shield and be able to grab immediately instead of buffering an empty grab if you don't do it that way.

Shield+A should solve that problem.

And yeah, good stuff yesterday Z'z. You've still got most of it.

/another random appearance cause I'm too lazy to unsubscribe from the thread

Top Bottom