• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hopefully custom moves don't completely deconfirm a character. Plus you won't be able to use custom moves where it really matters online with anyone. Although Wolf could have some of Fox's specials as his custom moves or get a whole B move set altogether. I think a cool move could be him shooting purple lightning out of his claws. That would be so bad***. The "Wolf" palette on Fox looks nothing like Wolf except for the grey fur.

Booster

Smash Lord
Hopefully custom moves don't completely deconfirm a character. Plus you won't be able to use custom moves where it really matters online with anyone. Although Wolf could have some of Fox's specials as his custom moves or get a whole B move set altogether. I think a cool move could be him shooting purple lightning out of his claws. That would be so bad***. The "Wolf" palette on Fox looks nothing like Wolf except for the grey fur.
Fox: Hey Ness, check this **** out *Does Wolf Flash*

Ness: That's cool, but how this this ****? *Uses PK Freeze*

Ness and Fox: *Beavis and Butthead laugh*

Wolf: Damn those guys

Lucas: Yeah

Mewtwo: Lucario...

So far custom movesets for clone characters offer huge difference from their parent, except Lucina who so far has pretty much the same Customs as Marth. I would've given her Roy's Moves, how cool would that have been? Roy's Moves without the Middle Blade

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If only Wolf were playable, but If he does become playable. The Star Wolf Theme would play as Wolf KOs Fox saying " CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STAR FOX"

Booster

Smash Lord
If only Wolf were playable, but If he does become playable. The Star Wolf Theme would play as Wolf KOs Fox saying " CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STAR FOX"
Awesome trailer idea:

Fox is seen doing Wolf's moves and Ness is seen doing Lucas' moves. Wolf and Lucas drop in. Wolf says "Can't let you do that Star Fox" and Wolf uses his moves to launch fox. Ness goes after Wolf, but then Lucas screams "PK FREEZE" and Ness gets Frozen.

Wolf: Wolf flashes into battle

Lucas: Lucas is here to Freeze you up

Then it shows a Masked Man alt for Lucas and a custom move for Wolf where he gets Fox's blaster.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Awesome trailer idea:

Fox is seen doing Wolf's moves and Ness is seen doing Lucas' moves. Wolf and Lucas drop in. Wolf says "Can't let you do that Star Fox" and Wolf uses his moves to launch fox. Ness goes after Wolf, but then Lucas screams "PK FREEZE" and Ness gets Frozen.

Wolf: Wolf flashes into battle

Lucas: Lucas is here to Freeze you up

Then it shows a Masked Man alt for Lucas and a custom move for Wolf where he gets Fox's blaster.
Hype Beam activate

numanumaking13

Smash Cadet
NNID
numanumaking21
I think the worst part about Super Smash Bros 4 is the fact that Ice Climbers got cut because of the 3ds limitations. I always believed that if you've been in Smash for at least two games you should always stay in the game. That's really my only big gripe with the game.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
No Snake. His moveset was Awesome!

Well, Whenever I want to use him or Ice Climbers I'll just boot up Project M. ;)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Worst part?
3DS version.
I was going to say custom moves but now that certain things are confirmed by Sakurai himself, the worst part of Smash 4 is definitely the portable appetizer.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
This stupid, stuuuuuuuupid rule that both games have to have the same roster. "Uh, one version couldn't handle it so we just got rid of them". That's the stupidest reason to cut someone!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
This stupid, stuuuuuuuupid rule that both games have to have the same roster. "Uh, one version couldn't handle it so we just got rid of them". That's the stupidest reason to cut someone!
I actually kinda understand that, at least during the first months after launch. Sakurai didn't want to piss off all the 3DS owners which are, most definitely, the biggest part of the new players.
This would've been resolved by not having a 3DS version in the first place.
No problem anyway, the WiiU one will totally obliterate the 3DS version when it comes out. It even has a better stage selection already and they're just 20 against like the 35 or so on 3DS.
I bet my balls DLC will come exclusively to WiiU also, and maybe on the New 3DS.
Never hated before in my life the 3DS so much, such a great portable and it had to held back exactly my favorite gaming franchise.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I actually kinda understand that, at least during the first months after launch. Sakurai didn't want to piss off all the 3DS owners which are, most definitely, the biggest part of the new players.
This would've been resolved by not having a 3DS version in the first place.
No problem anyway, the WiiU one will totally obliterate the 3DS version when it comes out. It even has a better stage selection already and they're just 20 against like the 35 or so on 3DS.
I bet my balls DLC will come exclusively to WiiU also, and maybe on the New 3DS.
Never hated before in my life the 3DS so much, such a great portable and it had to held back exactly my favorite gaming franchise.
Piss them off? They're getting the game early, with exclusive modes and features, loads of advertising and absolute power over the roster and the Wii U versoon having ONE exclusive character would piss them off?
**** that. They don't deserve Ice Climbers!

Itora

Smash Rookie
I honestly think Ice Climbers were cut because they were just too hard to balance, not because there were "technical limitations" like they claim. RosaLuma is cool, yeah, but Icies weren't nearly the same. So what did they do? They probably cut one of them then said "They lose their identity as a character" and decided to remove them overall.

Snake was a pipe dream. Too many internal/relation issues between Nintendo and Kojima. They were already on bad terms. There was no way a deal was being struck.

Lucas... I'll never understand. I'm not even going to try and dissect that one.

To contribute to the topic though: Blast Zones and Knockback Growth. the game would be perfect if it were just a little bit more rewarding to land good smashes at ~70-100%

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't really have a worst thing but a series of disappointments. Mostly ones that aren't shared by many.

I am disappointed that Super Mario Brothers 3, the best selling non-bundled Mario game of all time, still does not have a stage.

I am disappointed that Sonic made it back in, but Snake was cut (the fair thing would have been to cut both guest characters to avoid confusion).

The over-emphasis on Miis and character creation is something I never wanted, and do not think I will be exploring that much.

I wish there was a Ms. Pac Man alt at the very least (if you can put the time into LARRY KOOPA I think you can put the time to make the most famous female video game alt of all time).

Dr. Mario did not take after his Melee form, and while I didn't plan on maining him anyway, I am disappointed about this since it will further arose confusion about what Dr. Mario was in Melee.

Other than that I am quite pleased with the roster. I made very few character requests, many of them absurd (Little Mac, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt Dog and Ms. Pac Man) and I unbelievably went 3 out of 4. I have only played the demo so far but the demo plays better than Brawl did, and it's just the demo. I really, really look forward to this piece of art Sakurai has crafted.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think Ice Climbers were cut because they were just too hard to balance, not because there were "technical limitations" like they claim. RosaLuma is cool, yeah, but Icies weren't nearly the same. So what did they do? They probably cut one of them then said "They lose their identity as a character" and decided to remove them overall.

Snake was a pipe dream. Too many internal/relation issues between Nintendo and Kojima. They were already on bad terms. There was no way a deal was being struck.

To contribute to the topic though: Blast Zones and Knockback Growth. the game would be perfect if it were just a little bit more rewarding to land good smashes at ~70-100%
There's really no conspiracy I don't think, it's quite transparent what happened. The Ice Climbers were not technically possible on the 3DS and keeping to his word to keep both versions of Smash the same, Sakurai cut them.

As for Snake, Sonic was the most requested third party followed by Mega Man, according to Sakurai. That puts Snake, at best, in third place, and if so, a distant third. Also what was described by Sakurai was that Snake was put in at the begging of Kojima, who wanted his kid to play as one of his characters in his favorite game, Sakurai's Smash Bros. So he put him in as a favor, that was not interpreted to be forever.

Lucas was probably cut because Nintendo has no intention of releasing Mother 3 internationally, so by keeping Lucas in it just fans the flames for a movement that will never be satisfied. This is why all Mother 3 content was wiped from the game. It's a very intentional thing to not encourage fans to get their hopes up for nothing. For once, unlike the Ridley thing, Sakurai and Nintendo are doing the right thing I think.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Not being able to turn off stage hazards AND Wolf missing

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Piss them off? They're getting the game early, with exclusive modes and features, loads of advertising and absolute power over the roster and the Wii U versoon having ONE exclusive character would piss them off?
**** that. They don't deserve Ice Climbers!
You know it would. In the end, the roster is the thing that counts the most. Roster selection on 3DS is bad but did anybody care? Not really since the roster is spectacular. I'm buying both but having exclusive characters on 3DS would piss me off so much since I'm not planning to play on it after November 21st.

Booster

Smash Lord
Sakurai clearly loves casual gamers more. If he loves them so much he should just develop casual games as opposed to turning games targeted to core gamers into casual gamers.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I guess one of the things I don't like is how fast you can unlock characters. One of the things I like about some games is that it takes time to unlock some of the stuff, mainly characters and thus rewarding you for hard work. But here we have all the characters unlocked in just mere less than 150 VS matches. Even the "20 hours in Vs mode for Mewtwo" thing was better than most of the character requirements. The point is some unlockable requirements shoulda been better, and not always be able "doing X amount of VS matches", and even if it did, the numbers for that shoulda been much higher. That's where I believe Melee's and Brawl's unlockables were better, lengthy, and more rewarding.

Another thing that troubled me was how large the starting roster was, which brings me back to unlocking things quickly. Some of the characters could have been unlockables rather than the starting roster as well. Personally, all the 3rd parties except MegaMan shoulda been unlockable, or something like that.

Meh. Can't be helped, but that's just my 2 cents. I just felt that we shouldn't have been handed some of the characters that fast.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I kinda miss event matches.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No Ice Climbers, but I understand why they are cut.
No online Smash Run.
No Melee victory theme for Ness.
Like @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit already said, not many unlockables.

Smash Run not being online was a poor choice. The Smash Direct's voiceover made it sound like it was online. I'll still get enjoyment out of it as a single player mode and by unlocking things, though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The fact that Peach does not becomes Pink Gold Peach when getting a Metal Box.
I mean really Nintendo, it's like you want to disappoint your true fans.

D

Deleted member

Hard to balance? The only really broken thing about them were chaingrabs, which were removed for SSB4 anyways

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
-It's way too easy to unlock characters in this game.
-Dark Pit being a full-on clone instead of using his Dark Pit Staff for his moveset.

That's pretty much it in terms of worst.

D

Deleted member

Another complaint: D. Pit and one of Pit's skins are too similar. Only the wings are different.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
No Ice Climbers, even is the reason for their exclusion was for "technical reasons". If Sakurai and his team finished these characters on the Wii U, it seems unfair that the team would cut these characters from both versions. Not only that, but Sakurai also stated that series that aren't likely to have new games had little priority. Basically, most of the focus in this game was what's "new" and everything else got the boot.

The Ice Climbers COULD have worked, but Sakurai just wasn't motivated to do so.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
"We can live with having Ice Climbers not work just as long as 3DS version exists, but don't you dare make them Wii U exclusive. It has to be equal."
"3DS isn't holding anything back. Even though Icies work perfectly on Wii U and not 3DS. Nope, they're tooooooootally equal."

THIS! THIS is the worst thing ever!

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Ganondorf's was fine. Visually, it wasn't anything impressive, but it was one of the more effective ones in terms of kill power. The same could be said of Mario. Dedede did get a new one and it looks cool, but I'll miss the big gay dance.

I'm talking about :4peach::4dk::4tlink::falco::jigglypuff:.

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
DK's FS is fine if you have any rhythm, but even when you time the beat correctly the killing power was negligible. Mario's was just ass, tho.

Anyways, judging from the footage I've seen...

Worst thing about Smash 4 is that it still looks too floaty. Doesn't have to be Melee physics completely, but I can't see people playing it in a competitive manner before jumping back into Project M after like a month or so.

Will Smash 4 be fun? I can say that with a resounding YES. **** gets hype with three of your buddies playing FFA. Will Smash 4 be competitive? I highly doubt it, but only time will tell.

Also, reusing/recycling assets from Brawl like stages, taunts, and victory fanfare is pretty lame and just reinforces that feeling that Smash 4 isn't trying to be it's own game but a mere refinement of Brawl.

Redcard

Smash Cadet
Sakurai clearly loves casual gamers more. If he loves them so much he should just develop casual games as opposed to turning games targeted to core gamers into casual gamers.
Smash has always, always supposed to have been a casual game - the fans are what made it competitive (through bugs and glitches, no less).

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
1. Ice Climbers got cut.
Even though I didn't like them much, they were loved. I'm not going to flame at the 3DS but couldn't they just reworked the Ice Climbers to work like the DHD? Popo is the lead and Nana asists with some moves but Nana doesn't attack on her own and just follows Popo. OR, make Ice Climbers Ice Climber, with Popo being the default and Nana an alt, and fix their moveset. Problem solved! Hey Sakurai! I don't make games but I have coherent ideas! Hire me! Give me a medal! Coach I'm ready!
2. Custom moves are trash.
While some are not trash, like Ganon's Falcon Stab or Ike's Diagonal Aether, most of them extremely situational moves or just useless all along (LOOKING AT YOU SAMUS, ZELDA, NESS AND JIGGLYPUFF). Also the fact that Palutena and Miis got all different unique customs while the others are lucky to even get 1. Also, finding them at random only to be complete trash is not nice. Things were rushed I guess....
3. Miis
Even if I like the idea of playing as the AVGN and hitting Reggie's face because he hates MOTHER games, I would not be surprised that this pests are the reason that Smash 3DS got delayed. What do Miis do in this game? Ruining Multi Man, stealing 3 character spots, stealing space of custom movesets like I mentioned before, and the fact that Miis are game breakers. They have like a billion+ variables!! Not a single of their specials suck horribly like Sing or PK Flash, and they steal a lot of moves from the other characters.
4. Blast Zones
Fights go for too long!! Self explanatory.
5. Poor stages
The stage selection sucks ***. I f****** despise the gigantic amount of gimmicky, scrolling, generic, poorly excecuted Mario stages. Also, they stages are very chaotic and annoy. They recycle a lot from Brawl and most stages in that game suck. If they wanted to recycle that much why not bringing back the stages people ACTUALLY LIKE?! Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium 1, Hyrule Castle 64, Fourside?! They are just sitting there waiting while **** like Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Mushroomy Kingdom, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, and WarioWare get a pass?! The only new stages I like are Lumiose City, N's Castle, Arena Ferox, Magicant and SNES Mute City. That's it. The rest sucks. Also, they though that by making every stage FD we would like them, BUT NO! Not all people like FD! FD is unfair because Fox keeps SHLing all the time. Sakurai better put in his head that competitives are not drooling idiots that think NO ITEMS! FOX ONLY! FINAL DESTINATION!
6. Clones
Why we still have Falcondorf? Why Toon Link is in this game unchanged? Why not giving Lucina a proper FS or at least her f****** idle animation from Awakening!? Why including Dr. Mario if you could just give Mario the damn Tornado by custom specials? Why Dark Pit even exists as a solo character?! Why killing Lucas and Wolf if this game is full of clones? Nothing makes sense. Just like the Phantom Menace.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

5. Poor stages
The stage selection sucks ***. I f****** despise the gigantic amount of gimmicky, scrolling, generic, poorly excecuted Mario stages. Also, they stages are very chaotic and annoy. They recycle a lot from Brawl and most stages in that game suck. If they wanted to recycle that much why not bringing back the stages people ACTUALLY LIKE?! Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium 1, Hyrule Castle 64, Fourside?! They are just sitting there waiting while **** like Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Mushroomy Kingdom, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, and WarioWare get a pass?! The only new stages I like are Lumiose City, N's Castle, Arena Ferox, Magicant and SNES Mute City. That's it. The rest sucks. Also, they though that by making every stage FD we would like them, BUT NO! Not all people like FD! FD is unfair because Fox keeps SHLing all the damn time and Ice Climbers do their cheap tactics with no punish at all. A large demographic likes more the already mentioned stages that got the boot. They better put in their head that competitives are not drooling idiots that think NO ITEMS! FOX ONLY! FINAL DESTINATION!
On the bright side there's still the Wii U version to look forward to. A lot of the stages there look a lot better, not to mention they look beautiful.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
On the bright side there's still the Wii U version to look forward to. A lot of the stages there look a lot better, not to mention they look beautiful.
Wii U definitively looks promising. Too bad I'll stick with my good ol' 3DS because I'm too lazy to buy a Wii U. Plus I don't have money and my parents leave me to rot with my 3DS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom