• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Look the worst thing,

Gameplay:

My 3DS is kinda unresponsive but I can handle it well sometime. Yes I got the demo but I have no code ok.
At least I gonna enjoy the game how it is.

I need to say this but my real problem are the characters...

The clones are unsparing and very disappointment.
Lucina represent taking the slot of a original character with potential.
Dark Pit represent Sakurai overrepresenting Kid Icarus.
Dr. Mario represent "Fack you all Mewtwo fans"
And the cuts....

Is you compared these clones with Lucas, Lucas indeed was a better clone character overall.

I was hoping this roster will pleased Us. But instead, we want DLC...
Seriusly, in brawl they cut mewtwo, so mewtwo everywhere but, NOW. Is gonna be Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf and Ice climbers everywhere. I not even counting Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur... (Is gonna be horrible to other character that still in the shadow.)

Heck even the AT choices were better than the actual roster. But there a problem...
They cut Isaac AT IS REALLY A STUPED AND INSULTING IDEA TO GS FANS?! I want to see Isaac one more time PLZ!

And Sakurai, stop with the Ridley teased, is in or not, just say. ok.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
How can people like the Wii Fit Trainer? She stole a slot from a character who actually deserved to be in.
How cute. People throwing around the word "deserving" as if it actually meant something. By now you should have realized that it takes more than "deserving" to make it into the roster.
I like Wii Fit Trainer because they made her work pretty well (and I'm one of the five people here who actually played Wii Fit).
Pointing fingers at other characters isn't helping anything. I can easily point at Jigglypuff and say "She took someone else's spot" just because I don't like her but that really won't do anything and it doesn't matter because she' already in anyways.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
People demanding DLC and speculating about DLC already.

Your favourite character didn't get in, I get it, you're upset. But, whining about the roster will not get anything solved, it'll just annoy EVERYONE.

FalconBrofist

Smash Cadet
People debating about character tiers.
(It's a balanced game right?)
a truly balanced game would have 1 character (no one is better than anyone because theres only 1) with 1 stage

so no matter what there will be characters better than others

worst part of smash 4 is the wait for the US release lol cause everything else looks pretty good to me

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Relevancy and it's impact on this game. I like the roster for what it is, but honestly it's making Smash Bros more of a marketing ploy than "duking it out with your favorite Nintendo All Stars!"

Your favourite character didn't get in, I get it, you're upset. But, whining about the roster will not get anything solved, it'll just annoy EVERYONE.
Off Topic: (It's about the community, not the game, probably get flagged for this but whatever)
I really don't see what' so bad about this. Various Nintendo games have recently included DLC, and it seems that the same could happen with Sm4sh being the biggest first party release of 2014. It is true that some people are speculating DLC because their favorite characters did not make the cut, but it's not the only reason. That is a generalization. If it is, then who cares? They don't like the roster, big deal as it won't affect the game.If your telling people that they aren't allowed to express their opinions on the roster because it's negative, then you don't get that their upset. That's even worse than the "whining" , because your shunning out anyone that wasn't a fan of this games roster from discussion and it's unfair to do so. Excluding fans from speech would not solve anything either, and if it's really annoying that a minority of fans are speculating about DLC, then you can kindly ignore them. Ironically whining actually has helped the series before. Tripping, ledge guarding, online, competitive vs casual etc

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
To me the worst part of the game (aside from characters and stages) is the fact that the physics are based on Brawl. But they work well this time, so it's not even a big problem.
The game is a bit less floaty, a bit faster and more responsive, and the attacks of the characters are more balanced. Based on the demo, the characters overall look mostly balanced. No tripping. I also like the new grabbing mechanics, I think it's better than the old one because it simply makes more sense. If you, in real life, "grab a ledge", you are in a situation of danger and anyone can make you fall easily; in Smash you were invincible instead; now it's more "realistic" (it's not the correct word, but I can't find another word to describe it).

I think that Melee will remain my favorite, but this one looks a lot of fun, and I'm sure that it will have its competitive community.

EDIT:
a truly balanced game would have 1 character (no one is better than anyone because theres only 1) with 1 stage

so no matter what there will be characters better than others

worst part of smash 4 is the wait for the US release lol cause everything else looks pretty good to me
Sorry I had to
:109:

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
The worse part is Dark Pit. Seriously his inclusion was a horrible choice

He is a color swap of Pit that easily could have gotten the Alf/Koopaling treatment
He didn't take much time but neither would have Lucas or Wolf

And why would Sakurai make him a clone if he has different moves in his custom move set?
That isn't even lazy it is just stupid. It is also stupid that Ganonforf is still a clone. Just because you add a generic sword special for his CMS doesn't make it alright. 99% of the people asked for change and this doesn't cut it because we can't even use it online with everyone. Especially since other characters that got change like ZSS and Pit weren't even asked for.

Speaking of online why are Miis not playable? They have a default moveset so why are they not in??? "To avoid bullying" Tf does that mean. Set a default Mii look and moveset for them. Yes that defeats the purpose of them being "Your own creation" but it is better than wasting 3 slots on nothing

Obviously your arm is going to hurt if you are going to spend time adding like 40 KIU weapons and giving Palutena enough moves to make like 10 newcomers. If she wasn't in this game would have probably released 4 months ago.

Booster

Smash Lord
The worse part is Dark Pit. Seriously his inclusion was a horrible choice

He is a color swap of Pit that easily could have gotten the Alf/Koopaling treatment
He didn't take much time but neither would have Lucas or Wolf

And why would Sakurai make him a clone if he has different moves in his custom move set?
That isn't even lazy it is just stupid. It is also stupid that Ganonforf is still a clone. Just because you add a generic sword special for his CMS doesn't make it alright. 99% of the people asked for change and this doesn't cut it because we can't even use it online with everyone. Especially since other characters that got change like ZSS and Pit weren't even asked for.

Speaking of online why are Miis not playable? They have a default moveset so why are they not in??? "To avoid bullying" Tf does that mean. Set a default Mii look and moveset for them. Yes that defeats the purpose of them being "Your own creation" but it is better than wasting 3 slots on nothing

Obviously your arm is going to hurt if you are going to spend time adding like 40 KIU weapons and giving Palutena enough moves to make like 10 newcomers. If she wasn't in this game would have probably released 4 months ago.
If she wasn't in the game we could also have Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

If she wasn't in the game we could also have Mewtwo.
Characters did not steal slots from other characters, hell the concept of "slots" is completely arbitrary to begin with. If they aren't in the game, it's because it wasn't meant to be in the first place, not because a character kept them from getting in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grovfu

Smash Rookie
NNID
XMister_RatburnX
Why is there so much character discussion if the original post clearly stated not to talk about them?

chipz

Smash Apprentice
Characters did not steal slots from other characters, hell the concept of "slots" is completely arbitrary to begin with. If they aren't in the game, it's because it wasn't meant to be in the first place, not because a character kept them from getting in.
Its more likely to do with the roster being limited by being on the 3ds, as stated by sakurai
which is probably the worst part of smash 4: the handheld version somehow limiting the console release

Booster

Smash Lord
Why is there so much character discussion if the original post clearly stated not to talk about them?
The game is out at this point and people HAVE played it, so I edited the title to say "Game is out, Go Nuts!". Also **** the original post, at this point there are things way worse then a cameo for a ****ty game like Other M

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
The game could use work on the roster (lacks starpower, and is full of clones that play the same).

About the clones playing the same:

People complain about Melee clones, but you're forgetting things:
Fox-Falco are played WAYYYY different.
Same with Link/YL.
Even Marth/Roy played a lot different.
Falcon/Ganondorf played different too.

Doc was the only super clone that played completely the same.

In Brawl? TL and Link were played the same. Run away throw projectile camp some more, use tilts and aerials to zone close range.
Ganondorf/Falcon play the same now because of the physics changes (which are virtually identical in Smash 4).
Lucas and Ness played generally the same.

in Smash 4 we have

Dark Pit. Pit. In UPRISING they had the same fighting style. Expect them to be full blown clones.
Doctor Mario. Mario. No explanantion needed.
Lucina/Marth. So Marth without the mechanic that makes him cool. Seems legit. Uh no. ESPECIALLY since this character had moveset potential (i mean dual wield Lance and Falchion tho?)
TL returning and still uncloned.
Falcondorf because the physics are still very much like Brawl.

And then game physics. Its like 64, which is great! But most of the "combos" have been debunked (remember ZeRo's 10 hit Mario combo on Link? That was debunked really fast).

VegaPunk

Smash Rookie
I'm actually not sure whether it is or not tbh, does anyone have any confirmation on how it will be? Time base will kill the vibe :(

I just checked the smash direct and the for glory gameplay had no stocks at the bottom of the screen :\
Actually, it's 5min 2 stocks in For Glory. It's been confirmed on Reddit.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
The fact that people are going to buy this steaming pile of **** sellout game!

There are characters that should not have been in this game at the priority of fan favorites. Greninja and Wii fit where put in out sheer advertisement. Clones are a joke!

Around the time of release people start leaking the Final Roster and what does Nintendo do? Put out codes for the Demo so people would become distracted with that instead.

Why should I buy this.? Nothing is appealing to me in this game. All the Newcomers I wanted either got cut, not put in, or have a crappy gimmicky moveset. No interesting Alt costume choices (Shulk/Samus in underwear but no Dry Bowser?). Gameplay looks more of a mess than Brawl.

Now I have learned my mistake after living up my false hype with PokeMon XY, I am staying away from video games for good. Until Dlc is announced and it has characters that should have got in, **** the new characters, **** the sheep fan base, **** Sakurai, **** THIS GAME!!!!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The fact that people are going to buy this steaming pile of **** sellout game!

There are characters that should not have been in this game at the priority of fan favorites. Greninja and Wii fit where put in out sheer advertisement. Clones are a joke!

Around the time of release people start leaking the Final Roster and what does Nintendo do? Put out codes for the Demo so people would become distracted with that instead.

Why should I buy this.? Nothing is appealing to me in this game. All the Newcomers I wanted either got cut, not put in, or have a crappy gimmicky moveset. No interesting Alt costume choices (Shulk/Samus in underwear but no Dry Bowser?). Gameplay looks more of a mess than Brawl.

Now I have learned my mistake after living up my false hype with PokeMon XY, I am staying away from video games for good. Until Dlc is announced and it has characters that should have got in, **** the new characters, **** the sheep fan base, **** Sakurai, **** THIS GAME!!!!
Fine. Don't buy the game. You have your reasons.

Now stop raging everywhere on this forum and go a play a different video game. >_>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I say the roster, particularly the cuts and Mii Fighters.
So many unique characters got the boot, like Lucas and Ice Climbers....and in return we get....three variations of the same thing!
If we just got 1 mii fighter, who used things from games like Wii Sports and Wii Play, I'd be fine

D

Deleted member

Now that the game is out and Mr. Game & Watch has been confirmed, the worst part is without question the removal of the white/black Gameboy Wario palette swap from Brawl.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
*People who complain about how their own tastes aren't met and then call it "worthiness".
You can argue over whether a character deserves to be in the game, sure. Free speech and all that. But you can't just say that Mewtwo is worthy because you like him and Wii Fit trainer isn't because you don't.
If we discount all Mario and Mii games, Wii Fit has moved more units than any game in Nintendo history. That's definitely a worthy character, whether or not you personally want her in.

*People who complain about series representation.
The Nintendo hierarchy right now looks like this
Mario
<gap>
Pokemon
<gap larger than Grand Canyon>
Zelda
<another pretty huge gap>
Most of the series with a large quantity of games: Kirby, Fire Emblem, DK, Metroid and the like
Animal Crossing
Most of the series with one really big game in the last generation: Kid Icarus, Xenoblade, Wii Fit, Pikmin, Punch Out
<gap>
Dead series: Earthbound, F-Zero, Duck Hunt

You don't really think that it's unfair for Kirby to have 3 reps, you think it's unfair for Metroid to have 2 and are looking for somebody to blame. Going by this chart, I don't think it's possible for Mario or Pokemon to be over represented, and Zelda probably deserves more than they have. 2 Earthbound reps is much more objectionable than 3 KI reps.

*People who think that their least liked character stole the spot of their most wanted character like there was any direct effect.

*Bringing back bad stages-not necessarily bringing back stages, but the ones they brought back. No Poke Stadium, no Fountain of Dreams, but we have Mushroomy Kingdom and Corneria.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Roster and characters by far. The roster is one of the worst in the series so far with cuts of a lot of popular characters, over saturation with Mario, and ignoring characters who should have been in. I'm talking about Mewtwo and Ridley. Mewtwo because everyone has been asking for him back, all over the world, and the Pokemon Company still promotes him. Ridley should be obvious. I would argue he is the most popular character world wide. To reiterate, the Ridley thread had over 2 million views and 700,000 post. Not to mention all the talk about him that has taken places, not just here. Also, Dark Pit. No one likes him. At least Pichu had some support. I fail to see how it was a good idea to have two character in the roster where the only difference between them is one has black wings and the other has white wings. Hell, I don't even think these characters have any difference between them save the Final Smash and two special moves. I fail to see how he could not have just been an alt like Olimar and Alph. I would say the roster is worse than Brawls and Melee. The only upside is

The stage roster is the other thing. I'm sorry, but you don't go and have a DK, Metroid, Yoshi, and Star Fox stage in every game and then say "**** it, we'll just add ones from Melee." It's so bad they couldn't even be bothered choosing different stages from the past game. Nope, lets do Jungle Japes from the last two games. In Brawl, classic stages were a feature. In this game, they are a cop out. They couldn't even be bothered having WarioWare 2. They just ported the old one. Somehow they managed to make Brinstar look worse than it was on the Gamecube in 2001.

People are asking about DLC because the game is incomplete. (Mind you, I got my most wanted characters)

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I hate the community because you all set standards that Sakurai has no idea about or dislikes and whine when you don't get them. I like clones because they beef up the roster without taking too much data. I could care less about the 4 guys people wanted, most if them wouldn't be fun. Besides, most of them probably WOULD be clone like. Stages look fun, characters look even better. I think you guys hat the game because you look at it more as a competitive death match metagame than a competitive, fun party game. That's not what Smash is. Don't complain about the new mario due to the lack of gun choice. Just have fun because mario can fight mega man and Pacman and sonic in one game.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Now that the dust has settled, I can safely say the absolute worst part of the game;

Ness getting Lucas's attacks as customs.

There's fanservice, and then there's giving fans a giant middle finger.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I hate the community because you all set standards that Sakurai has no idea about or dislikes and whine when you don't get them. I like clones because they beef up the roster without taking too much data. I could care less about the 4 guys people wanted, most if them wouldn't be fun. Besides, most of them probably WOULD be clone like. Stages look fun, characters look even better. I think you guys hat the game because you look at it more as a competitive death match metagame than a competitive, fun party game. That's not what Smash is. Don't complain about the new mario due to the lack of gun choice. Just have fun because mario can fight mega man and Pacman and sonic in one game.
Seeing as the standard was getting new stages for DK, metroid, Yoshi and Star Fox, I can say it's reasonable that I'd be upset when we just didn't get that. I love Sakurai, but I think this was a big **** up.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as the standard was getting new stages for DK, metroid, Yoshi and Star Fox, I can say it's reasonable that I'd be upset when we just didn't get that. I love Sakurai, but I think this was a big **** up.
Yeah, I guess that's a little saddening...

Kos-MosPlushie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kos-MosPlushie
The alternate colors really get to me. A few of these characters are absolutely screaming for a particular color (like the shiny palette for the Pokemon) but never happen. A few more alts like Lucas over Ness, animal villagers from Animal Crossing over the human villager, etc would have been amazing. Then you have alt colors that make no sense like the Pac-Man ones. Seriously? Brown socks? Plaid boots and gloves? You couldn't just give us a different color Pac-Man and call it a day? Same thing with Sonic who only gets a silver-ish white this time around while everything else is blue with different shoes. Would Dark Sonic have been that difficult?

It feels like the alts were thrown around at random with no real rhyme or reason, like Orph over Olimar. It makes no sense because we have Lucina who would have been perfect as an alt over Marth but it didn't happen, so why does Lucina get the special treatment while Orph doesn't?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'll list some of my disappointments:
  • Cutting characters like Lucas and Wolf (IC were understandable due to technical difficulties, though I still hate it)
  • Mii Fighters being 3 characters with completely different custom moves: NO
  • No Mewtwo (just bugs me, he is one of Nintendo's biggest all-stars)
  • HORRID stage selection. I swear, if the stages for Wii U get shafted like the 3DS I'll scream.\
I'll still get the game, but Sakurai certainly has some explaining to do. The stage selection is by far my biggest disappointment.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
[snip]
People are asking about DLC because the game is incomplete. (Mind you, I got my most wanted characters)
You literally just proved my point.

And the only version that's incomplete is the Wii U version. So, DLC is not on the cards yet.
The 3DS version is complete. The roster is final. That means the roster is the same on the Wii U version. Woops.

People's reactions to Dr.Mario can be added to this list of mine, too.
I guess I could add "I don't have it yet" to that, but I can wait.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Certain characters receiving buffs while others not getting enough (lookin' at you, Ganon). Also, the demo not having wireless support.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
People stating the problem about Smash is the complainers when all they're doing is complaining about it.

At no point does this make you look mature/edgy/intelligent, you're just perpetuating the exact same behavior but on a different soap box.

Complainer: "These things upset me, so everyone else should be upset."
AntiComplainer: "These things don't upset me, so no one should be upset."

Just make out already.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Is it bad when Kid Icarus Franchise is getting more attention that the Kirby Franchise?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You literally just proved my point.

And the only version that's incomplete is the Wii U version. So, DLC is not on the cards yet.
The 3DS version is complete. The roster is final. That means the roster is the same on the Wii U version. Woops.

People's reactions to Dr.Mario can be added to this list of mine, too.
I guess I could add "I don't have it yet" to that, but I can wait.
We don't have new stages for Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox, and Game and Watch, yet this was never an issue for 64, Melee or Brawl. None of those games used returning stages to compensate for the lack of new stages. Classic stages were always extras except in Smash 4 where they are the norm. So please tell me again how this game is not incomplete.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
The fact that I'm broke, yet can't make any money off all the salt pouring off my screen and ruining my keyboard. Seriously guys, I'm just as disappointed as any of you that Mewtwo/Ridley are absent (or going to be a super obvious DLC ploy), but holy s*** please stop the terrible, terrible temper tantrums, BAAAWWWWing and other hilarious immaturity. Sakurai is not some crazed troll out to personally spite you, so please stop this egregious violation of Hanlon's Razor.

But for a more mundane worst thing ever, how about 3DS controls? I can't even fight level 9s anymore because Pika wants to tilt instead of f-smash when I tell him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom