• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
People debating about character tiers.
(It's a balanced game right?)
The thing about competitive games like this (and confirmed by Sakurai, although I can't remember where the quote was), is that you actually want some characters to be slightly stronger than others to influence the development of an evolving meta-game. The slight disbalance will cause people to look for counters. Those counters will permeate the meta, and people will look for counters to those counters, and so on and so forth. A healthy competitive environment needs some element of asymmetry in order to thrive.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The fact that I'm broke, yet can't make any money off all the salt pouring off my screen and ruining my keyboard. Seriously guys, I'm just as disappointed as any of you that Mewtwo/Ridley are absent (or going to be a super obvious DLC ploy), but holy s*** please stop the terrible, terrible temper tantrums, BAAAWWWWing and other hilarious immaturity. Sakurai is not some crazed troll out to personally spite you, so please stop this egregious violation of Hanlon's Razor.
You realize you're in a thread about complaining about the game.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
We don't have new stages for Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox, and Game and Watch, yet this was never an issue for 64, Melee or Brawl. None of those games used returning stages to compensate for the lack of new stages. Classic stages were always extras except in Smash 4 where they are the norm. So please tell me again how this game is not incomplete.
Using stages as a way of staying the game isn't complete is a bit of an odd comparison.
I'm not saying that any of the leaks are true, but if we're not getting it pushed back, the Wii U version will release in 2014, so the game is likely complete and in testing right now.

So, the game is complete, it's just not released. Just because it's not an arbitrary definition of complete for you personally, does not mean it isn't complete from a development standpoint.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The worst part?

Trying to take the high road and not laugh like the Duck Hunt Dog at the individuals who are currently salty over the lack of their favourite being in. The same individuals who likewise did the same to me back in December with Toad, as well as all the other early deconfirmations.

It's really hard guys.
This is exactly how I am feeling on the inside. :troll:

Last edited:

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
This is exactly how I am feeling on the inside. :troll:

So you're happy that your character is in? Or are you happy others didn't get theirs? :awesome:

I'm still waiting on the Wii U to see if there's some further announcements regarding new characters (Maybe Dixie?), but the new characters seem pretty cool and I'm excited to use them. I'm especially excited to see how DHD looks in HD. He doesn't channel Banjo-Kazooie quite as much as I had hoped - but he still looks quite cool.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Using stages as a way of staying the game isn't complete is a bit of an odd comparison.
I'm not saying that any of the leaks are true, but if we're not getting it pushed back, the Wii U version will release in 2014, so the game is likely complete and in testing right now.

So, the game is complete, it's just not released. Just because it's not an arbitrary definition of complete for you personally, does not mean it isn't complete from a development standpoint.
I thing you're not getting what I'm saying. I'm saying they released an incomplete game and they need to DLC to fix it. Again, it has been the norm that series with a character get a stage. The only exceptions have been, so far, has been Fire Emblem in Melee (which did plan to have a stage), and Gyromite for Brawl. They never skimmed on the stages. Yet for this one, they are blatantly using past stages to fill in for a lack of new stages for series that have been in Smash since 64. Again, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Metroid and Star Fox have always had a new stage. But they don't in the 3DS one. Furthermore, the classic stages were always extra stages, but now they are just classic stages. The classic stages are being used to substitute for new stages. It is also suspect as the only series with new stages and a classic stage is Mario. There are 7 series (9 if you count Wii Fit and Duck Hunt) that don't have a new stage: Donkey Kong, Metroid, Yoshi, Star Fox, Pikmin, Warioware, and Game and Watch. All of the stages for these series are returning ones, not new ones.

"Oh, but just because it doesn't fit your definition of complete doesn't mean it's not complete." Don't even try that, because these series have been getting new stages since they were introduced. Since 64 there has ALWAYS been a new Metroid, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Starfox stage. Game and Watch has also gotten a new stage in Melee and Brawl. But now we don't new stages. Forgive me for expecting something that has been a constant in all of the game. Ask yourself: when the game was shown off, did you say "OH BOY, I can't wait to play on Brinstar and Distant Planet again." No, you wanted new stuff. That's what you want. If I wanted to play the old stages, I'd pop in Brawl (because they were all from Brawl. They didn't even try to add a different stage).

Consider this, would you be happy if in the next Mario Kart that you got only 4 cups, and the star cup was ONLY classic stages. What if they were classic stages from MK8. Would you be happy with that. You'd probably be upset because you are getting less than last time. It's an expectation that we get stages for the aforementioned series, esspecially since some of them have strong handheld games to take from. Here's an idea for a Metroid stage: You play on SR-388 from Metroid 2. You start on the surface and then move underground (like Castle Seige). Sometimes, you may see and Omega Metroid that attacks you, and you could attack it back. See, simple and easy to do and it took all of 5 seconds to come up with it. But why can we not have something like that in this game.

Now, mind you, this game had more development time than Brawl and with a larger and more experience team (Namco vs Game Arts) and they had all the staff from the get go (unlike Brawl where they had to keep hiring staff). Yet how come we are missing content from this game which has been in every other game. How come we don't have characters like Mewtwo which have been in a Smash Bros game. Why did we have to cut so many characters. You see now why I say we have an in complete game. There is content missing. It's like getting a pie with a few slices taken out. Sure, the pie is good, but where is the rest of it.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Palutena's 12 Custom Special Moves:
I really like Palutena, but the same work used to make multiple original Special Moves could have been used on other characters...
Like the Clones

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
"Oh, but just because it doesn't fit your definition of complete doesn't mean it's not complete."
Seems pretty adequate to me. You literally just went on to say why you don't think it's complete, when it is.

Plus, who's to say we're not getting new stages on the Wii U version? Most of the new stages that have been shown off are Wii U only. Pyrosphere, Town & City, Pilotwings, Garden of Hope, Palutena's Temple, Skyloft. That's just the ones off of the top of my head.

It was specifically stated that the Wii U version and the 3DS version would have different stages and a LOT of Wii U stages have been shown off.

The pie is all there, but if you don't like it, don't eat it.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
"STOP HAVING REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS. STOP EXPECTING THINGS THAT WERE IN PAST GAME. THE GAME IS COMPLETE BECAUSE IT WAS RELEASED, NOT BECAUSE IT'S MISSING CONTENT FROM PAST GAME. DON'T EAT THE PIE.
It's pretty clear you didn't read my post and just found the pie thing. There are problems with the game and at the end of the day you have not even acknowledged my issue with the game. I asked would you be happy with less content and you didn't respond. You have yet to tell me how it's OK that we don't have new stages for series that have been in Smash since the beginning and I expect you never will. I'll make it big so you can't miss it.

The issue with the game is that, among issues with cut characters, there are a lack of new stages for series when there has been new stages for said series in all three previous Smash Brothers game.

I think you don't want to believe there is an issue with this game and get upset when people complain. If you acknowledge what I said above, then I will be happy to continue this conversation, but if you want to keep your fingers to your ears and go "lalalalalala I'm not listening" and then tell everyone else to stop complaining, then I see no reason to continue to converse with you. I'd rather not waste my time.

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
It's pretty clear you didn't read my post and just found the pie thing. There are problems with the game and at the end of the day you have not even acknowledged my issue with the game.
"Who's to say we're not getting new stages on the Wii U version? Most of the new stages that have been shown off are Wii U only. Pyrosphere, Town & City, Pilotwings, Garden of Hope, Palutena's Temple, Skyloft. That's just the ones off of the top of my head."

Oh, I acknowledged it. You're also basing your problem off of one version. We have the Wii U version yet to come, with an unknown amount of new stages. The Wii U seems to be where they're really pushing the new stages in this iteration. We don't yet have the knowledge of exactly how many new stages there are. There could be new stages for those series that you have mentioned. We don't know yet.

I asked would you be happy with less content and you didn't respond.
If it meant that we have a better quality game overall, yes. Quality is far greater than Quantity.
In your specific analogy, would I be happy with 4 cups, one filled with stages from MK8?
If they were quality, yes.

You have yet to tell me how it's OK that we don't have new stages for series that have been in Smash since the beginning and I expect you never will.
Because I don't have an answer. Truthfully, I don't have one, because to a lot of people, it isn't an issue. You're the first person I've seen that has made very specific demands in this way.

The issue with the game is that, among issues with cut characters, there are a lack of new stages for series when there has been new stages for said series in all three previous Smash Brothers game.
If you declare that there is a problem with the game, it needs to be on a near universal level. Personal problems with the game do not equate to an actual problem with the game.

I think you don't want to believe there is an issue with this game and get upset when people complain.
Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers should not have been cut.
Some bad decisions have been made in attempts to balance out characters.
There are Day 1 issues in the coding that needed patching.
For Glory is Final Destination only.
The large starting roster makes unlocking characters feel strange.
No online Smash Run.
Tether range in my opinion is still too high.

I don't get upset when people complain, they have every right to and I have a few complaints myself, as listed above.
What irritates me is when people act like they deserved the things they demanded.

There is still the Wii U version left. We have a lot of details that we don't know. The game is not incomplete, our information is.
Getting angry at this point is just counter productive.

Thor

Smash Champion
But for a more mundane worst thing ever, how about 3DS controls? I can't even fight level 9s anymore because Pika wants to tilt instead of f-smash when I tell him to.
... Why does everyone seem to have this problem...?

I have the issue of being unable to consistently tilt attacks, but instead smashing, and occasionally trying to quickly do a dash attack and instead smashing. [I just compensate by playing Link in the demo though].

So my problem is that I can't consistently do tilts, but I use smashes all day XD. Then again, I used to have a TON of trouble doing tilts at all so maybe that carried over?

Bizarre that I have the opposite issue of a lot of other people though.

Backgammon said:
Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers should not have been cut.
Why does everyone forget Snake?

Ok, maybe as a third party or whatever he should have been cut, but I'd take Snake over Lucas [my opinion: ICs > Snake >= Wolf > Lucas].

Also I don't think most of the other stuff is a (real) issue [except apparently needing patching and possibly For Glory, but that's what for fun with no items is for so it's not much of an issue in my opinion] (am curious about balance decisions you dislike though, as I don't know enough about it), but I guess that's what opinions are for (tether length actually feels perfect to me, or at least Link's does).

Last edited:

Troll Man

Smash Cadet
The NEW worst part of Sm4sh are the people who don't allow others to voice a negative opinion of the game. It has to be a circlejerk, you can't critique the game, you can't be disappointed for expecting more.

It's OKAY to expect things, it's OKAY to want more, we'll all get the game, and you'll all lose to me in online mode, regardless of our opinion of the "completeness" of the game. No harm done.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The NEW worst part of Sm4sh are the people who don't allow others to voice a negative opinion of the game. It has to be a circlejerk, you can't critique the game, you can't be disappointed for expecting more.

It's OKAY to expect things, it's OKAY to want more, we'll all get the game, and you'll all lose to me in online mode, regardless of our opinion of the "completeness" of the game. No harm done.
Yes, it is all okay to do all of these ONCE IN A WHILE... but when people are always whining about the same things over and over again 24/7, then it's becoming a nuisance and so annoyed people begin to tell the complainers to pipe down and play the damn game already or don't buy it... kinda like how parents tell their kids to STFU after they throw tantrums all the damn time.

As for the trolls... think of them as older siblings who are picking on their younger siblings. :troll:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I wish Bandana Waddle Dee would be in but alas he is not. I'm also sad that Smash Run has no online. It's a mode I would really like to get into and play a lot but it also feels like one that is more fun with other people. I'm also not a fan of intensity concept from the Kid Icarus game. I don't like getting kicked out of the difficulty level I've chosen because of a lack of gold from losing. I rather just keep trying and trying and not kicked out of the mode all together. Not sure if this is the case with Smash though and if it'll be the same. So I want to play it before truly state it's a part of new smash I dislike.

I'm still overall excited for the game and I will be getting it.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
This thread is getting busy, not a bad thing except for the people complaining about people complaining on a complaint thread.

Booster

Smash Lord
I wanna hear your opinion @ Booster Booster what do you think of Dark Pit and Dr. Mario?
If you want the unabridged R-Rated answer, send me a Private Message.

For the PG Rated Answers: They shouldn't ****ing exist, they are the most uninspired clones ever made in Smash, they're literally the same characters just with a Palette Swap for Dark Pit (He's literally the Black Costume from Brawl but this time with black hair and apparently has his own undeserved slot) or what should've been an alternate costume in Dr. Mario's case. Both of them should've been Costumes for Mario and Pit, along with the following:

Falco should've been a alt for Fox (All that happens is the blaster is slower and he kicks his reflector whoopity ****ing doo)
Lucina should've been a alt for Marth, which was what Sakurai planned but then he smoked something.

Toon Link's stature is too different to be a Link Alt, same with Ganondorf. Falco, Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit should've been alts, instead they take slots from other, more popular potential semi-clones (Wolf, Lucas for example).

Long story short I hate all 6 clones, but Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are my least favorite ones, I even gave them Nicknames: Dr. Filler (Clearly he was filler to make the Roster APPEAR bigger) and Dark **** (I'm sure you can guess the swear). See? 3 Cuss words censored, PG Rated answer.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@ Booster Booster Well Toon Link and Falco are Semi-Clones. Sakurai and his team can easily de-cloned all the clones if he wanted to.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
So the "fighting" is what defines the game yet you refuse to buy it because of the roster? So far, the "fighting" or should I say the gameplay demonstration of Smash 4 (During the streams) were incredibly impressive. It's all good news
For fighting, yes, I agree the game play is fantastic. This still alone doesn't determine whether the game is worth buying for anyone who consider(s)(ed) getting this game.

That said, I'm curious as to how you find it baffling that certain people won't buy this game based on the character roster alone. While it is your opinion, everyone else also has the right to discern what they believe makes this game worth investing into. for some, that is character roster (which I'll conclude is probably one of, if not the most important factor to this game. While the fighting might be great, it is only cherished (let alone defined) by the characters you have come to enjoy one way or another).

Furthermore, more characters means more game play, and therefore more tech and fighting styles, which improves the fighting. A lot of the requested characters had a lot of room for imaginative and unique game play, something we all want. Yet in a game that prided itself on reducing the number of clones (initially), we got what was described as a .50% decrease in clones from the previous installment.

Characters, such as Doctor Mario, should have simply just been made costumes with their move tech being present within that new system customization system. I mean, poor Lucas got cut (sorry to those who really wanted to still have him in), and many of his unique abilities are now custom moves for Ness (if I'm not mistaken). This literally could have been the game that ended the era of clones within the SSB series, leaving room for much more unique styles of game play.

Ultimately, what I'm saying is that there should have been no excuses for clones, but we still have them (Ganondorf needed more sword related combat, at least warlock punch as that custom move for that, but we need more). This is what has upset me, and why I'm so disheartened. An ample opportunity appears to have been wasted.

For others, they've been asking for the return of or introduction of characters that had this opportunity since pre-Brawl. I can sympathize with them, and if they don't feel that the game is worth buying this time because it's the second time they have been unable to get the one character they truly want to main in this game, I can't blame them. Not one bit.

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
The fact that a good portion of the unlockable characters are unlocked just through playing classic mode X amount of times. Combined with the huge starting roster, it makes unlocking characters feel less rewarding.

Booster

Smash Lord
The fact that a good portion of the unlockable characters are unlocked just through playing classic mode X amount of times. Combined with the huge starting roster, it makes unlocking characters feel less rewarding.
Atleast every character isn't unlocked from the start like every other fighting game nowadays. We could've had HOW many more unique characters if Palutena didn't get all of those moves? 2 more? That should've gone to two of the Forbidden Four and don't get me started on the Mii Fighters. I like the idea of Miis, but we don't need 9 characters worth of moves for one character.

Last edited:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it is all okay to do all of these ONCE IN A WHILE... but when people are always whining about the same things over and over again 24/7, then it's becoming a nuisance and so annoyed people begin to tell the complainers to pipe down and play the damn game already or don't buy it... kinda like how parents tell their kids to STFU after they throw tantrums all the damn time.

As for the trolls... think of them as older siblings who are picking on their younger siblings. :troll:
Implying that the majority of the boards everyone that has criticized the game are guilty of this...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, let me put it this way... I'm not happy that Lucas and Wolf are cut, they were my favorite semi-clones... but the difference between me and them is that I don't hijack threads or create many threads solely to complain about the same topic over and over again.

Last edited:

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely nothing Advance Wars related on the version that was all about celebrating Nintendo's portable series-content apart from porting that awful Brawl assist trophy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Absolutely nothing Advance Wars related on the version that was all about celebrating Nintendo's portable series-content apart from porting that awful Brawl assist trophy.
I agree with this... it's barely acknowledged even though it's a long-running franchise that started on the NES... and it was a Japan-only franchise that didn't even need Melee to make people want Wars series in the West like the Fire Emblem series did. I've recently started playing Advance Wars for the first time ever thanks to Wii U... and I'm really liking it. I really think that Smash should have a Wars rep and I nominate generic Infantry units (nothing wrong with being generic as long as they bring something new to the table). Personally, I don't see Commanding Officers like Andy or Sami fighting on the field since they are like Pokemon Trainers where they just issue orders to the actual combatants (Pokemon for Pokemon Trainers, Units for Commanding Officers).

I think part of the reason why we didn't get a Wars rep in SSB4 is because the series was mostly dormant in the period between Brawl and SSB4.... another reason could be because they use realistic guns.... but if we follow Duck Hunt Dog's example, maybe the Infantry units could just summon different units such as recons, tanks, and battle copters (for aerial moves and special moves that are performed mid-air)... it is so crazy it might work.

Last edited:

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I've honestly had the same complaint since the beginning and that's that there's two versions of smash. Now I have nothing against the 3ds version, I mean I love my 3ds but I constantly think about how insanely more awesome the Wii u version would be with the extra development time.

My biggest fear like many others is that it would hold the console counterpart back and that seems to already be the cast with ice climbers gone due to technical issues.. And then there's also the case with how much rehashing is in the 3ds version when it comes to stages, music, etc. The Wii u version probably will suffer from a similar issue though probably less I imagine.

Idk I do like that now were gonna have a portable smash a long with the definitive console version but now that I'm seeing where some of the edges were cut I'm kind of wishing we just had one extra amazing package. Maybe I'll ease up on it down the rode and maybe the Wii u version won't be rehashy. Maybethe only noticible downside will be no ic? Who knows but for now I just needed to vent .

Booster

Smash Lord
Well Booster got banned.
Yeah and would you believe it was a minor spam infraction that did it? Thankfully my 3 point bull**** infraction inspired so I have a little more room to **** up for a little while.

Also I just wish the 3DS version didn't exist, rather then get one super special awesome chocolate coated game, we get a handheld version that is becoming notorious for breaking 3DS systems' Circle Pads and a console version held back by the handheld version.

Sakura...NEVER make a handheld Smash again or atleast don't take it out on the console version and cut beloved characters.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Here's what I said over in the other Disappointments thread. Its a long read so get the popcorn.What disappoints me about this game? The lack of one of my mains Wolf. I really enjoy playing as the villains in smash bros ( With the exception of Captain Falcon) Now there is a rumor going around that characters like Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus men, Ridley, and Impa will be playable in the Wii U version and transferable to the 3ds version. Sadly Wolf doesn't seem to be there. After looking at how his trophy uses his assault model instead of his brawl one makes me fear he could have been cut early on or not planned at all. Or it could hint that he's DLC due to the absence of his brawl model. Wolf's cut though will feel worse if this rumor is true though. Think about it. Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, Mewtwo, King Dedede, Wario, Bowser jr. (and Koopalings),and Meta Knight ( Dark Pit does not count as a villain plus I feel he's less evil than Dedede), but no Wolf. This leak waould also mean Star Fox gets hurt the most this game. Mario 7 reps, DK 3 reps, Zelda 6 reps, Metroid 3 reps, Kirby 3 reps, Pokemon 6 reps, Kid Icarus 3 reps, Star Fox 2 reps. With a new star fox game coming out for Wii u and wolf being in the game ( According to people whom played the game) Why is he cut. Sakurai knows about all the games that are developed behind the scenes at Nintendo. This also means no Wolf amiibo for smash bros. Plus his new remixed theme in this game makes me feel down right depressed ( though I'll save that for a different topic.) DLC is possible in this iteration of smash bros, So if Wolf isn't playable in some way shape or form, I and most of the Wolf fans will feel very Dishonored by you Sakurai. You would be creating another Mewtwo if you cut Wolf completely from this game. I really wanted to hear how cool he would sound if he had his voice from Star fox 64 3d ( If that was even a possibility). Also we can't play smash run or explore the other cool modes of this game as Wolf. Never fight Master Core as Wolf. Lose a true Nintendo All star and probably the most Bad*** villain/antihero smash bros has ever gotten. Please understand and make Wolf playable in Smash bros Wii U/3ds. If its DLC I'll buy it day one. It feels awful to have all these cool and creative newcomers and be able to fight them with all of Wolf's original and unique A moves. A popular and quotable character (quotable more then possibly even Mario) from our childhood was the last addition to Brawl and now you take him away. I really hope he is playable in this game whether it be Wii u transfer or DLC. I really don't want to have to wait and hope he'll be playable again in the next smash bros ( if there is one, but its too early now ). Some people really feel like you just treated their favorite character like crap. Its hard when clones like Lucina, Dr. Mario, and especially Dark Pit are in. I and many others want to enjoy this game to the fullest and I can't do that without Wolf. When newcomers don't make it in its upsetting, but not as bad as having a character that was playable in a previous installment get cut. I can understand that roster cuts happen and some are OK, but cutting Wolf is unacceptable and very dishonoring towards his fans and Star Fox fans. Now if you are currently working on making Wolf playable then kudos to you Sakurai, but if not make him DLC. I want to enjoy this game with all my favorite Nintendo characters in it please don't lower my overall satisfaction with Wolf's absence, I hope you make Wolf playable in this game Super Smash Bros for WII U and 3DS Sakurai. This is probably my only major complaint. In minor complaints Waluigi and Dillon are assist trophies, and Sami from advance wars doesn't seem to be playable. Sorry to drag on so long. Here's hoping to Wolf and any other possible cut veterans being playable in this iteration of smash bros. Happy smashing.

Booster

Smash Lord
Here's what I said over in the other Disappointments thread. Its a long read so get the popcorn.What disappoints me about this game? The lack of one of my mains Wolf. I really enjoy playing as the villains in smash bros ( With the exception of Captain Falcon) Now there is a rumor going around that characters like Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus men, Ridley, and Impa will be playable in the Wii U version and transferable to the 3ds version. Sadly Wolf doesn't seem to be there. After looking at how his trophy uses his assault model instead of his brawl one makes me fear he could have been cut early on or not planned at all. Or it could hint that he's DLC due to the absence of his brawl model. Wolf's cut though will feel worse if this rumor is true though. Think about it. Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, Mewtwo, King Dedede, Wario, Bowser jr. (and Koopalings),and Meta Knight ( Dark Pit does not count as a villain plus I feel he's less evil than Dedede), but no Wolf. This leak waould also mean Star Fox gets hurt the most this game. Mario 7 reps, DK 3 reps, Zelda 6 reps, Metroid 3 reps, Kirby 3 reps, Pokemon 6 reps, Kid Icarus 3 reps, Star Fox 2 reps. With a new star fox game coming out for Wii u and wolf being in the game ( According to people whom played the game) Why is he cut. Sakurai knows about all the games that are developed behind the scenes at Nintendo. This also means no Wolf amiibo for smash bros. Plus his new remixed theme in this game makes me feel down right depressed ( though I'll save that for a different topic.) DLC is possible in this iteration of smash bros, So if Wolf isn't playable in some way shape or form, I and most of the Wolf fans will feel very Dishonored by you Sakurai. You would be creating another Mewtwo if you cut Wolf completely from this game. I really wanted to hear how cool he would sound if he had his voice from Star fox 64 3d ( If that was even a possibility). Also we can't play smash run or explore the other cool modes of this game as Wolf. Never fight Master Core as Wolf. Lose a true Nintendo All star and probably the most Bad*** villain/antihero smash bros has ever gotten. Please understand and make Wolf playable in Smash bros Wii U/3ds. If its DLC I'll buy it day one. It feels awful to have all these cool and creative newcomers and be able to fight them with all of Wolf's original and unique A moves. A popular and quotable character (quotable more then possibly even Mario) from our childhood was the last addition to Brawl and now you take him away. I really hope he is playable in this game whether it be Wii u transfer or DLC. I really don't want to have to wait and hope he'll be playable again in the next smash bros ( if there is one, but its too early now ). Some people really feel like you just treated their favorite character like crap. Its hard when clones like Lucina, Dr. Mario, and especially Dark Pit are in. I and many others want to enjoy this game to the fullest and I can't do that without Wolf. When newcomers don't make it in its upsetting, but not as bad as having a character that was playable in a previous installment get cut. I can understand that roster cuts happen and some are OK, but cutting Wolf is unacceptable and very dishonoring towards his fans and Star Fox fans. Now if you are currently working on making Wolf playable then kudos to you Sakurai, but if not make him DLC. I want to enjoy this game with all my favorite Nintendo characters in it please don't lower my overall satisfaction with Wolf's absence, I hope you make Wolf playable in this game Super Smash Bros for WII U and 3DS Sakurai. This is probably my only major complaint. In minor complaints Waluigi and Dillon are assist trophies, and Sami from advance wars doesn't seem to be playable. Sorry to drag on so long. Here's hoping to Wolf and any other possible cut veterans being playable in this iteration of smash bros. Happy smashing.
It's even worse when Fox gets all of Wolfs moves as Custom Moves: The Slower but stronger blaster, The Diagonal Wolf Flash, Faster Fox Fire/Wolf Fire and even the stronger reflector (No purple color but it's the same as Wolf's). They could've easily made a clone model for him. The same thing happened to Lucas, but honestly I can see why Lucas got cut. He's in a game that only got released in Japan and it was released in 2006 on the dying Gameboy Advance, he was very different from Ness but he didn't have a reason to stay other then he has a better backstory then Ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom