• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
ya I like dumb too. His grindtime **** was really funny. Alot of those dudes are too serious/aggressive.

His actual music/tracks have only been getting better too.

I can't get into yela really. His voice just doesn't sit with me right. And I'm usually not very judgemental with voices. Thanks for the links tho.

Mos Def has been climbing my ranks of favorite mc's. He's just kinda inconsistent/enigmatic. He's also retiring the moniker Mos Def in 2012.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/sep/08/mos-def-name-change

His real name is Dante tho. I can understand wanting to just be known as your real name. Kinda weird how he is retiring one moniker for another. Maybe something to do with that new direction or whatever he is trying to go in.

He'll still just be Mos Def in my mind tho.

Kinda weird how a personality can become bigger than the person at times

"listen to the sound of me spillin my heart through this pen, mother****ers know that I'll never be Marshall again.."

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Joe's been reaching out to everyone on Twitter for an EP he's working on.

Emilio Rojas
Jake One
Statik Selektah
Blu
Elzhi
Brother Ali
Z-Ro
Kno
Kendrick Lamar
Skyzoo
Big Krit
Phonte...

I'm sure I'm missing others. If done correctly this could be greatness. Nice to see Joe reaching out to artists I've always hoped he'd work with.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm a pretty good cook, if I say so myself. Right now, I'm probably considered the best in my school, but I decided that I don't wanna take it up as a profession.

Coincidentally, I'm also pretty amazing at the cooking dance.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Joe's been reaching out to everyone on Twitter for an EP he's working on.

Emilio Rojas
Jake One
Statik Selektah
Blu
Elzhi
Brother Ali
Z-Ro
Kno
Kendrick Lamar
Skyzoo
Big Krit
Phonte...

I'm sure I'm missing others. If done correctly this could be greatness. Nice to see Joe reaching out to artists I've always hoped he'd work with.
Knew you were gonna beat me to it, lmao.

This EP is gonna be beyond insane. He reached out to Hopsin too, which is the icing on the cake for me. Along with a bunch of tried and true veterans, Hopsin finally gets more exposure. Too nice.

Edit: Holy ****, he's grabbing up Vado too. He said he already tried for Lupe too, but he's a **** soo...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Speaking of Hopsin, some dudes on the OF forum video chatted with him. He said he actually likes Tyler but he was hype ridin when he dissed him, which is whatever imo. Idrc I like Hopsin.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Matador, wtf did you just call Lupe? :mad:
Lolz

Naw but, everyone on that list is doing it for free. Dunno where Lupe's heart is when it comes to projects like this one (the EP Joe's putting out with these collabs is free) but I'd wager that he'd charge for a verse or flat out refuse to submit one cuz he doesn't stand to gain anything.

I'd love to be wrong tho. I'm still a big Lupe fan despite how much I hate on him in here.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"I just wanted to hit him with some, with some nasty.. namsayin, just like an ill beat, like some old spooky mystic type thing, namsayin, cuz he just hits me like that. Like a monk.. like some kind of ghetto monk." - Q tip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEp-VaI1-k
"his lyrics are just......I can't even explain it. it's just DOPE"

I couldn't have put it better myself :)

Top Bottom